Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How. Just HOW.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've seen people with 300+ or sometimes even 400/500+ dragons, most of which are fully decked out in apparel, genes, and some are even G1, which I presume costs even more to gene, and to even find ones with the right colours. So... how do you all do it? How do you get such elaborate lairs and most importantly, how do you get so rich? Is it just from grinding Fairgrounds each day? Can coli make a lot of money? (Actually side note I'm also really curious as to how much money coli can make for you each day) Or what other methods of getting rich do you have? Let the [item=Pallas Cat]s out of the bag people!
I've seen people with 300+ or sometimes even 400/500+ dragons, most of which are fully decked out in apparel, genes, and some are even G1, which I presume costs even more to gene, and to even find ones with the right colours.
So... how do you all do it? How do you get such elaborate lairs and most importantly, how do you get so rich? Is it just from grinding Fairgrounds each day? Can coli make a lot of money? (Actually side note I'm also really curious as to how much money coli can make for you each day) Or what other methods of getting rich do you have?
Let the Pallas Cat s out of the bag people!
I fangirl so hard whenever the cool 700 achievement, 600+ dragon, heavy forum users interact with me lol, think most people feel that way no matter what their accounts look like. :oP

As for an answer, tldr they're really dedicated and have been for years. There's a thriving market for user made accents & skins, coli really can get you super far, you can bond with all of your familiars every single day using a single dragon, and dedicated users play a lot during NotN to sell nocturne eggs throughout the year.

Guides are your best friend for figuring out how most people do it, and Quests & Challenges is your evening entertainment!
I fangirl so hard whenever the cool 700 achievement, 600+ dragon, heavy forum users interact with me lol, think most people feel that way no matter what their accounts look like. :oP

As for an answer, tldr they're really dedicated and have been for years. There's a thriving market for user made accents & skins, coli really can get you super far, you can bond with all of your familiars every single day using a single dragon, and dedicated users play a lot during NotN to sell nocturne eggs throughout the year.

Guides are your best friend for figuring out how most people do it, and Quests & Challenges is your evening entertainment!
whisp-magicksial-2.png
Heyo, I'm
Magick!

he/she/they
interchangeably

>:3c
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
Time.

If you play for many years, you'll accumulate tons of dragon cash.

Personally, I get a lot of money from selling stacks of festival currency, chests during NotN, hatchlings from my hatchery, bonding with familiars every day (though I'm running out of easily obtainable ones), and selling stuff I get from playing normally (i.e. Arlo genes, good coliseum drops, etc). I also do some cross-site trading, but that requires me to sink time into other games and to risk losing stuff. Gotta be really careful with that.
Time.

Personally, I get a lot of money from selling stacks of festival currency, chests during NotN, hatchlings from my hatchery, bonding with familiars every day (though I'm running out of easily obtainable ones), and selling stuff I get from playing normally (i.e. Arlo genes, good coliseum drops, etc). I also do some cross-site trading, but that requires me to sink time into other games and to risk losing stuff. Gotta be really careful with that.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
Oh, also! The site is a decade old! You can buy gems for irl currency, playermade discord servers for things like flight dominance are common for money-concious players, and cross-site trading is allowed but reguated.
Users who've played for a long time know lots about the game because they've been around to see it change, and have had time to build circles within the community!
Take it one day at a time, we're all in different places, it's transiet.

Check out the Guides forums, and Welcome to Flight! :o]c
Oh, also! The site is a decade old! You can buy gems for irl currency, playermade discord servers for things like flight dominance are common for money-concious players, and cross-site trading is allowed but reguated.
Users who've played for a long time know lots about the game because they've been around to see it change, and have had time to build circles within the community!
Take it one day at a time, we're all in different places, it's transiet.

Check out the Guides forums, and Welcome to Flight! :o]c
whisp-magicksial-2.png
Heyo, I'm
Magick!

he/she/they
interchangeably

>:3c
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
I've been here for a very long time.

10+ years gives you a lot of time to do projects.

The only time I felt rich is when I was working on the 10mil treasure achievement, and as soon as I finished it, all that treasure just... poof, gone~

I know some people have a lot of currency hanging around all the time, but I tend to spend it as soon as I have enough to do what I want to do with it.
I've been here for a very long time.

10+ years gives you a lot of time to do projects.

The only time I felt rich is when I was working on the 10mil treasure achievement, and as soon as I finished it, all that treasure just... poof, gone~

I know some people have a lot of currency hanging around all the time, but I tend to spend it as soon as I have enough to do what I want to do with it.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
[quote name="Museless" date="2024-04-11 02:30:09" ] Time. If you play for many years, you'll accumulate tons of dragon cash. [/quote] This, pretty much. I'm a collector who's been hanging around this site for almost a decade. I've numerous items from old fests, tons of familiars and have maxed out the fairgrounds a ludicrous number of days leading to a nice cushion of treasure. The coliseum has been kind to me as well. Ten years of semi-regular play brings in a lot of resources.
Museless wrote on 2024-04-11 02:30:09:
Time.

This, pretty much. I'm a collector who's been hanging around this site for almost a decade. I've numerous items from old fests, tons of familiars and have maxed out the fairgrounds a ludicrous number of days leading to a nice cushion of treasure. The coliseum has been kind to me as well. Ten years of semi-regular play brings in a lot of resources.
27eGmsl.png
i don't consider myself to be a "rich" player, just an active, maybe even "cool" one. i didn't spend too much to get my lair where it is. the 7 digit g1s were all about 300-500 gems each, i'm conscious of using too many gem genes, i got my 6 digit from a raffle. my tastes are expensive, definitely, but not so much unattainable, it's money i can make from coli and grinding long and hard for dominance pushes and events.

my tip for making money: pay attention to the site event calendar and do what i do, grind like the world is going to end tomorrow during all of them. every event has some item that's really useful or profitable. food microholidays give you stacks of food fast for selling or converting, during fests you can sell stacks of currency or buy a ton of items you think will get more expensive, valentines/ww/pirate day can give you boatloads of cheap apparel to melt, during notn you can sell chests or eggs.

also do fairgrounds. i don't because i find it boring, but it's one of the best and steadiest sources of income for not just newbies, but everyone.
i don't consider myself to be a "rich" player, just an active, maybe even "cool" one. i didn't spend too much to get my lair where it is. the 7 digit g1s were all about 300-500 gems each, i'm conscious of using too many gem genes, i got my 6 digit from a raffle. my tastes are expensive, definitely, but not so much unattainable, it's money i can make from coli and grinding long and hard for dominance pushes and events.

my tip for making money: pay attention to the site event calendar and do what i do, grind like the world is going to end tomorrow during all of them. every event has some item that's really useful or profitable. food microholidays give you stacks of food fast for selling or converting, during fests you can sell stacks of currency or buy a ton of items you think will get more expensive, valentines/ww/pirate day can give you boatloads of cheap apparel to melt, during notn you can sell chests or eggs.

also do fairgrounds. i don't because i find it boring, but it's one of the best and steadiest sources of income for not just newbies, but everyone.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
I've been here since 2015 and now I have a salary to occasionally buy gems with.

There's a lot of good advice and guides to be found on forums. As a student I used to grind the Coliseum a lot while listening in class lol, and at some point I was a bit active in dominance by flipping fodder or even breeding some fodder. Now I don't have as much time so it's buying gems and selling stuff sometimes (I have kept some things from older festivals).

If you're an artist definitely give making accents a try, I hear it's one of the main ways to make money here. Commissions don't make as much (and personally I prefer to pay artists in USD instead of FR currency tbh).
Definitely keep and sell limited items and limited-time currency. Baldwin materials too, as well as food. I noticed, as I have less time, I often end up having to buy food and materials so I know first hand with a bit of patience it pays off.
Also, dominance shops if you're in a Flight that gets dominance regularly it's always nice.
I've been here since 2015 and now I have a salary to occasionally buy gems with.

There's a lot of good advice and guides to be found on forums. As a student I used to grind the Coliseum a lot while listening in class lol, and at some point I was a bit active in dominance by flipping fodder or even breeding some fodder. Now I don't have as much time so it's buying gems and selling stuff sometimes (I have kept some things from older festivals).

If you're an artist definitely give making accents a try, I hear it's one of the main ways to make money here. Commissions don't make as much (and personally I prefer to pay artists in USD instead of FR currency tbh).
Definitely keep and sell limited items and limited-time currency. Baldwin materials too, as well as food. I noticed, as I have less time, I often end up having to buy food and materials so I know first hand with a bit of patience it pays off.
Also, dominance shops if you're in a Flight that gets dominance regularly it's always nice.
eUMhm7B.png
One word: exalting. I invested a lot of time and money in my hibden and now I have 200 odd fodder dragons stored at all times. I buy them as hatchlings and each one gets me a minimum of 12k when I exalt it.

Then I coli grind all day. Exalting is my bread and butter, but there's also all the things @Marketplace said - selling food, selling coli drops, selling fest currency. I also don't do fairgrounds. I'd rather be battling.
One word: exalting. I invested a lot of time and money in my hibden and now I have 200 odd fodder dragons stored at all times. I buy them as hatchlings and each one gets me a minimum of 12k when I exalt it.

Then I coli grind all day. Exalting is my bread and butter, but there's also all the things @Marketplace said - selling food, selling coli drops, selling fest currency. I also don't do fairgrounds. I'd rather be battling.
A lot of players have been here for years. Gradually getting more dragons and money as you play. Finding the best and the most suitable play style for yourself.
A lot of players have been here for years. Gradually getting more dragons and money as you play. Finding the best and the most suitable play style for yourself.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7