Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Tales of Eotera
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@Petall Thanks! I had a lot of fun drawing it, I really should do pixel art more. And yeah I'm a sucker for good reunions, I like seeing my characters happy :D!
@Petall Thanks! I had a lot of fun drawing it, I really should do pixel art more. And yeah I'm a sucker for good reunions, I like seeing my characters happy :D!
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png

A Peaceful Walk Where Nothing Goes Wrong
11 Yixius 3602

Razili dressed in casual black and red clothing with a large scarf and a hat on her head.

It was just a peaceful walk through the woods.

Summer had arrived not long ago, the shift from spring having been quite subtle as it had done for years before. It meant that the environment around the Lycan Pack was lush and vibrant, making for it to be Razili’s favorite time of year. Just a small trot through the forest and she’d be able to see, like, fifty different plants she couldn’t name! Or differentiate from each other- you’re telling her this blade of grass and that blade of grass are completely different species?

Nature could be weird sometimes.

For now, she didn’t try to spot the miniscule differences between the leaves of bushes while on her walk. She was mainly focused on, you know, not tripping. It was surprising how many tree roots could leap out at a dragon who dared to follow a slightly overgrown path.

In the midst of the dense flora, Razili paused in her walk and looked around. Something felt… off. Then again, ever since she departed from the main path, she had a weird feeling that…

… probably just her making stuff up-

There was a flurry of motion just in front of her, something dark blue tumbling out from the canopy above. Branches cracked and were snapped off some of the trees and countless leaves fell down to the forest floor. Razili was frozen in place, watching as a dragon stumbled up onto his feet while also attempting to shake some twigs out of his mane.
Morpho dressed in a mix of grey clothing and armor, notably a helmet on his head.

“Greetings!” Underneath the stranger’s helmet was a big grin. Strange, for someone who just fell out of a tree. “I’ve been wishing to speak with you for a while.”

“... pardon?” Razili questioned, looking over the individual’s clothing. Then she looked up at where he had fallen from. “... wait, were you following me the whole time?”

“Yes-!” The stranger eagerly replied. At first, he didn’t continue any further when he saw the absolute look of horror and disgust on her face. “Wait- it wasn’t for anything bad- HEY WAIT!”

Razili had turned around and started to walk where she had come from part way through his crappy explanation. She wasn’t dealing with this weirdo. Nope. Along the way she eyed the forest canopy above her, looking for a clear opening she could take to the air through.

“Can we talk for a moment?” The stranger called out behind her, following after but keeping his distance. At first, she simply ignored him. “C’mon! I’ve got quite the offer for you!”

“Really now?” Razili called back, unamused, and for a brief moment paused in her walking. She adjusted the bow on her horn as she finally looked back at the blue dragon. Fine, she’ll bite. “Alright then, what is it?”

“See, you’re of the blood element.” The stranger snapped his talons, speaking with startling confidence. “And you specifically have a pretty bounty over that- well, had, from like fifteen years ago or something…” The stranger started to pace in a circle around her as he continued. At least he was respecting her personal space. Razili did her best to keep a neutral expression the whole time. “BUT that’s beside the point, blood element dragons are revered in the black market for their unique abilities. To cut it short because I can see you’re not convinced; work with me, I’ll show you the ropes, and we’ll become famous and make a fortune in the underground.” At the end, he did a dramatic bow like he just performed a whole show.

Razili continued to stare at him. “You… want me to become a criminal with you?”

“Well, that’s one way to word it…” The stranger grimaced, but nodded. “But yes.”

“I don’t even know your name.” She pointed out.

“Ah, just an oversight from my excitement! I’m Morpho Castro, a talented Bounty Hunter in the black market.” Morpho happily answered, finally standing up from his bow.

“Okay.” She simply responded at first, narrowing her eyes. This whole situation was weird, and there was no way in the gods’ wills that she was doing anything with that forsaken birthplace again. The trauma from her hatchling days were good enough, thank you very much. “But that didn’t really matter. I refuse. Fly off.”

With that, Razili shouldered past him to continue on her way back to the main path. She was going to go back to her home, maybe see what Kashin wants for lunch-

“In that case, I’m sure some individuals would pay handsomely to know the location where a blood element lives.” Morpho snickered from behind her, not even making a move to follow after her. Mainly because he didn’t need to, as she immediately froze in her spot, head slowly turning to look at him.

“Like hell you would.” Razili hissed, holding her wings closer against her sides. She was hoping he was bluffing- then again, those who entered the black market for a career never had much to lose.

“It wouldn’t take much effort,” there was a smug grin on his face. Oh she hated that look- he knew he had her stuck in a corner.

A frustrated growl echoed through her throat as her brain became a scrambled mess, trying to find her way out of this trap. She has to find some way to show that she has some form of control, or at least pretend she did. “How about… a bargain?”

“Go on?” Morpho encouraged with a shine in his eyes, taking a step forward.

“I’ll go with you. You’ll show me around, if I like it, I’ll join you and share whatever spoils I get. If I don’t, then you’ll leave me be or I’ll get your little tail thrown in jail.” It wasn’t much, and Razili already knew she wasn’t going to like that place, but it was all she had.

“Deal!” Morpho practically squeaked. Either he was a good actor or a bumbling idiot to not see through her words. It was unnerving that she couldn’t figure out which. He walked over, holding out one of his wings for her to shake. “Trust me, you’ll never want to leave once you’re in.”

Instead of shaking his wing, Razili slapped it away before staring at him dead in the eyes. “It’s a deal, but I’m not shaking your hand.”

Morpho’s confident demeanor faltered to one of hurt, but he was quick to cover it up with another grin. “Aha! Sharp mind, you’ll fit right in! You never know what clever tricks one could pull like that! Anyways, meet me here in four days, same time.”

“... sure,” Razili wrinkled her snout. She turned around one final time, continuing on her path and was left uninterrupted this time. Morpho disappeared off into the forest somewhere once she had walked off.

It had been a peaceful walk through the woods.

@[Lore] Tales of Eotera
There was no reality in which I was able to make a serious title for this story.

Anyways a familiar face has reappeared! Which marks the start of a little arc centering around Razili, because I wanted to explore parts of her background and her element. I sure hope nothing goes wrong- who am I kidding you probably know something's going to wrong, there'd be no story without conflict!

A Peaceful Walk Where Nothing Goes Wrong
11 Yixius 3602

Razili dressed in casual black and red clothing with a large scarf and a hat on her head.

It was just a peaceful walk through the woods.

Summer had arrived not long ago, the shift from spring having been quite subtle as it had done for years before. It meant that the environment around the Lycan Pack was lush and vibrant, making for it to be Razili’s favorite time of year. Just a small trot through the forest and she’d be able to see, like, fifty different plants she couldn’t name! Or differentiate from each other- you’re telling her this blade of grass and that blade of grass are completely different species?

Nature could be weird sometimes.

For now, she didn’t try to spot the miniscule differences between the leaves of bushes while on her walk. She was mainly focused on, you know, not tripping. It was surprising how many tree roots could leap out at a dragon who dared to follow a slightly overgrown path.

In the midst of the dense flora, Razili paused in her walk and looked around. Something felt… off. Then again, ever since she departed from the main path, she had a weird feeling that…

… probably just her making stuff up-

There was a flurry of motion just in front of her, something dark blue tumbling out from the canopy above. Branches cracked and were snapped off some of the trees and countless leaves fell down to the forest floor. Razili was frozen in place, watching as a dragon stumbled up onto his feet while also attempting to shake some twigs out of his mane.
Morpho dressed in a mix of grey clothing and armor, notably a helmet on his head.

“Greetings!” Underneath the stranger’s helmet was a big grin. Strange, for someone who just fell out of a tree. “I’ve been wishing to speak with you for a while.”

“... pardon?” Razili questioned, looking over the individual’s clothing. Then she looked up at where he had fallen from. “... wait, were you following me the whole time?”

“Yes-!” The stranger eagerly replied. At first, he didn’t continue any further when he saw the absolute look of horror and disgust on her face. “Wait- it wasn’t for anything bad- HEY WAIT!”

Razili had turned around and started to walk where she had come from part way through his crappy explanation. She wasn’t dealing with this weirdo. Nope. Along the way she eyed the forest canopy above her, looking for a clear opening she could take to the air through.

“Can we talk for a moment?” The stranger called out behind her, following after but keeping his distance. At first, she simply ignored him. “C’mon! I’ve got quite the offer for you!”

“Really now?” Razili called back, unamused, and for a brief moment paused in her walking. She adjusted the bow on her horn as she finally looked back at the blue dragon. Fine, she’ll bite. “Alright then, what is it?”

“See, you’re of the blood element.” The stranger snapped his talons, speaking with startling confidence. “And you specifically have a pretty bounty over that- well, had, from like fifteen years ago or something…” The stranger started to pace in a circle around her as he continued. At least he was respecting her personal space. Razili did her best to keep a neutral expression the whole time. “BUT that’s beside the point, blood element dragons are revered in the black market for their unique abilities. To cut it short because I can see you’re not convinced; work with me, I’ll show you the ropes, and we’ll become famous and make a fortune in the underground.” At the end, he did a dramatic bow like he just performed a whole show.

Razili continued to stare at him. “You… want me to become a criminal with you?”

“Well, that’s one way to word it…” The stranger grimaced, but nodded. “But yes.”

“I don’t even know your name.” She pointed out.

“Ah, just an oversight from my excitement! I’m Morpho Castro, a talented Bounty Hunter in the black market.” Morpho happily answered, finally standing up from his bow.

“Okay.” She simply responded at first, narrowing her eyes. This whole situation was weird, and there was no way in the gods’ wills that she was doing anything with that forsaken birthplace again. The trauma from her hatchling days were good enough, thank you very much. “But that didn’t really matter. I refuse. Fly off.”

With that, Razili shouldered past him to continue on her way back to the main path. She was going to go back to her home, maybe see what Kashin wants for lunch-

“In that case, I’m sure some individuals would pay handsomely to know the location where a blood element lives.” Morpho snickered from behind her, not even making a move to follow after her. Mainly because he didn’t need to, as she immediately froze in her spot, head slowly turning to look at him.

“Like hell you would.” Razili hissed, holding her wings closer against her sides. She was hoping he was bluffing- then again, those who entered the black market for a career never had much to lose.

“It wouldn’t take much effort,” there was a smug grin on his face. Oh she hated that look- he knew he had her stuck in a corner.

A frustrated growl echoed through her throat as her brain became a scrambled mess, trying to find her way out of this trap. She has to find some way to show that she has some form of control, or at least pretend she did. “How about… a bargain?”

“Go on?” Morpho encouraged with a shine in his eyes, taking a step forward.

“I’ll go with you. You’ll show me around, if I like it, I’ll join you and share whatever spoils I get. If I don’t, then you’ll leave me be or I’ll get your little tail thrown in jail.” It wasn’t much, and Razili already knew she wasn’t going to like that place, but it was all she had.

“Deal!” Morpho practically squeaked. Either he was a good actor or a bumbling idiot to not see through her words. It was unnerving that she couldn’t figure out which. He walked over, holding out one of his wings for her to shake. “Trust me, you’ll never want to leave once you’re in.”

Instead of shaking his wing, Razili slapped it away before staring at him dead in the eyes. “It’s a deal, but I’m not shaking your hand.”

Morpho’s confident demeanor faltered to one of hurt, but he was quick to cover it up with another grin. “Aha! Sharp mind, you’ll fit right in! You never know what clever tricks one could pull like that! Anyways, meet me here in four days, same time.”

“... sure,” Razili wrinkled her snout. She turned around one final time, continuing on her path and was left uninterrupted this time. Morpho disappeared off into the forest somewhere once she had walked off.

It had been a peaceful walk through the woods.

@[Lore] Tales of Eotera
There was no reality in which I was able to make a serious title for this story.

Anyways a familiar face has reappeared! Which marks the start of a little arc centering around Razili, because I wanted to explore parts of her background and her element. I sure hope nothing goes wrong- who am I kidding you probably know something's going to wrong, there'd be no story without conflict!
What a perfectly normal walk! I'm sure nothing bad could possibly come of this for Razili!
What a perfectly normal walk! I'm sure nothing bad could possibly come of this for Razili!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall A perfectly normal walk that leads to perfectly normal interactions in a perfectly normal place! Razili will have an amazing time!
@Petall A perfectly normal walk that leads to perfectly normal interactions in a perfectly normal place! Razili will have an amazing time!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/17#post_56172627]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=5][b][u]The Scraidaft Market[/u][/b][/size] 15 Yixius 3602 Note: This story ended up being a lot longer than normal, so it might be a longer read.[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38669139][img alt="Razili completely dressed in black clothing, hiding most of her white scales beneath apparel pieces such as a mask, overcoat, and tail tatters as well as tinted goggles on her eyes.]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38669139&skin=0&apparel=27350,27981,20560,17907,13833,27985,21866,18789,27127,33699,27150,23743&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Things could only go so wrong from here. Razili stood in the middle of the forest, eyeing the bushes and trees all around her as one hand fidgeted, drawing random lines in the dirt. Part of her was hoping Morpho wasn’t going to show up- maybe that sucker got himself thrown into jail before she even had the chance! Oh, that would be just amazing. And then she wouldn’t have to worry about going to places she should never stray near! Or [i]someone[/i] giving away personal information to probably-not-very-great-individuals. Letting out a hiss, she stepped closer into shade and away from the sunbeams that made it past the forest canopy. Wearing mostly dark clothing in the midst of summer was not a great experience. It had taken quite a while of digging through her closet before she made a suitable outfit that covered most of her scales and scars, which should hopefully hide her identity as best as possible. It was all she had- especially the dark tinted goggles that helped make her eyes appear a different color. All hopes were dashed when Morpho landed in the same forest clearing as her- admittedly a lot more graceful than last time when he had just fallen out of a tree. “A beautiful day to go visit the lovely Scraidaft Market!” He loudly proclaimed as he stretched out his legs, a big grin on his face. “Wouldn’t you say so?” [center][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/2#post_47052070][img alt="Morpho dressed in a mix of grey clothing and armor, notably a helmet on his head."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=38384&skin=0&apparel=8603,37369,21850,37370,27127,32717,37390,35212&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center][/center] Razili stared at him, clearly unamused. “Alright! I know you dislike me, let’s just get moving!” Morpho hardly acknowledged her lack-luster mood before taking to the air. She begrudgingly followed after. The two kept their altitude low, skimming above the forests and plains as they made their way towards the Stray Gales Settlement. They flew along the outer edges of the town until they reached the western edge, which was a mix of inns and farmsteads. Morpho led her to one tavern in particular, which was along a far-off branch of the main path and hardly seemed to have any other dragons around. She got a glimpse of the sign above the entrance that read ‘Egress Lodge’ before she trailed in after Morpho. Weird name for an inn if you asked her. Even when they were inside, there were no other dragons around other than the innkeeper at the front desk. Looking around the waiting room, nothing immediately stuck out to her as ‘illegal’ or ‘sleezy’- except for Morpho, but he wasn’t part of the decor. It was just innocent potted plants scattered on window sills, or some comfy looking chairs with a small pile of books sitting on a table. While she was busy sightseeing, Morpho approached the innkeeper and whispered something to them. The dragon nodded before disappearing through a staff-only door in the back of the room. Morpho turned back to her, looking like a child who had made the most amazing discovery that she had to hear. “Oh, you’re going to love this part.” “... it’s an inn.” Razili noted, one wing pointing to the room all around them. She was not impressed, to say the least. “To plebeians, yes.” Morpho snickered, warily looking around the room to make sure there were no other dragons around. The room was clearly empty. “But a gateway to us [i]nobles[/i], if you will. Through the back and tucked beneath here is a portal that can take you [i]anywhere[/i] from [i]anyplace[/i]- including the ten Keystone black markets if you know the right runes. Though no one does, except for the few Gatekeepers.” He winked, tail motioning to the staff-only door that other dragon had last entered. A… portal? Portals weren’t entirely unusual as a concept- experienced mages can create them, though they usually only go short distances. Getting the portals to take you any good distance to make them an effective means of travel required [i]a lot[/i] of elemental energy, enough that no one ever uses them for travel. So… that begged the question of [i]what[/i] source- Razili’s train of thought was interrupted when the tavern keeper returned, only to beckon them to follow. The two walked through the staff-only door, which appeared to be a closet filled with maintenance supplies. Except, unlike most maintenance closets (at least, she hoped), there was an open secret entrance tucked around a shelf, with a circular stairway leading further into the ground. Anyone innocent enough could probably believe it was just some weird way down into the basement. At the end of the stairs, the basement opened up to a decent sized room made of unpainted concrete brick. On the opposite end of the room was an archway made of dark gray stone, the pieces of the portal having runic markings carved right into each brick. The tavern keeper flipped one of several switches embedded in the wall, and the runes started to fill from the ground up with some weird glowing essence that was shifting through all sorts of colors, revealing the full intricacy of the markings. Some sections weren’t lit up and simply skipped over, while others seemed to have a stronger glow than the rest. Something about the glow was unnerving to Razili, but she wasn’t sure why. The glowing runes eventually reached the top of the arch, the two sides linking together. There was a brilliant light from the center of the archway that soon spread to fill the entire arch, forming the portal. It was an ever shifting wall of iridescent colors that rippled like water, and hidden in those ripples seemed to be a glimpse of what was on the other side. “C’mon now!” Morpho said impatiently, grabbing her arm and dragging her into the portal with her before she had the chance to peer closer into the small waves. She ended up running into him on the other side, sending both of them tumbling to the ground on rough stone. Lifting her head, she took in the unfamiliar scenery all around her. The two of them were in some cavern-room of sorts, having just exited from one of seven portals positioned opposite of the entrance to the room. Outside was an even larger cave that was filled with rickety stalls and stands- some were even on platforms embedded into the stone or were in a ledge dug right into the wall itself. There seemed to be more tunnels and pathways leading elsewhere, though it was hard to tell as most of the cavern was cut off from the doorway. “Well, that could’ve been more graceful,” Morpho grumbled as he brushed some dirt off his neck. “You brought it upon yourself,” Razili growled in reply, readjusting her goggles in the process. “Whatever.” Morpho flicked his tail in annoyance. “Follow close behind me, I want you to meet… [i]someone[/i].” That certainly was ominous. Yet Razili found herself foolishly following in Morpho’s footsteps, becoming practically glued to his tail as they entered the larger cavern. The small streets and paths between the stalls were bustling with activity of other dragons- whether they’re shopping or hauling several satchels-worth of goods to their stall. The smell in the air was ever changing, at times smelling absolutely horrid, and other times smelling of sweet pastries. Was there really a bakery in the black market? Keeping track of her untrustworthy guide meant that she wasn’t able to look around much, especially now that he had picked up his pace. Maybe it was for the better, based on what random stuff she saw from the peripheral of her vision. There were exotic critters trapped within small cages being sold for a hefty price, skeletal remains that were most likely of a dragon and not an animal, unusual but surprisingly brutal weaponry, cakes that may or may not be poisoned that taste like the best thing in Eotera- it was overwhelming and she was hardly getting a glimpse before moving on. The two made their way to a second similarly sized cavern as the last through one of the winding tunnels, with it being slightly less populated. They went up a wooden boardwalk spiraling up to the top of the cave, stopping at a platform about halfway up that connected to one of those ledges that were carved directly into the cave wall. Dark red curtains marked the entrance that Morpho stepped through with absolutely no hesitation, and she followed after. The store was well-lit by lanterns scattered around, be it on a table or hanging from the ceiling. Soft, simple patterned rugs lined the floor, protecting any visitors from stepping on the rough stone for any longer. Several weapons of varying types were hung on the walls, many of them having scratches, chips, or dents in them, but were otherwise clean. Opposite of the entrance was another dragon who was sitting at a desk that was littered with a variety of items, similar as to the tables against the walls. To either side of the desk were two more rooms, concealed by more of that dark red curtain. “Greetings to my favorite dragons in Scraidaft!” Morpho loudly exclaimed as he entered, opening a wing in salutation. A loud rattly hiss came from the dragon on the other side of the room, potentially annoyed at Morpho’s loud presence if she had to guess. The gray and orange dragon looked up from the desk he was sitting at, blood-red eyes narrowing as he looked over in their direction. “[i]Hello[/i] to you [i]too[/i].” He spoke roughly, the end of his tail waving around. As he adjusted the red hood on his head, Razili was able to get a glimpse of several scars across his snout. “You’ve brought a guest.” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/2#post_47052070][img alt="Osiris covered in mostly red clothing with some black accents. He has a red hood over his head, and two red cloaks covering the rest of his body alongside assorted accessories hiding most of his body."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=56588&skin=0&apparel=30816,15305,18789,13816,13784,18803,2598,10880,943,26885,2961&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Indeed!” Morpho grinned, walking up to the other dragon with pride in his step. “A [i]blood elemen[/i]t, just like you! Particularly an associate you can train for me.” The other dragon looked at her, then looked at Morpho. “... sure… but first, do us a favor and go get some food from the market. We haven’t had lunch yet.” Morpho looked disgruntled at the request, but shrugged it off. “Gotcha, will be back before you even notice! Consider this payment for now!” Partway through his sentence, Morpho had run out the entrance and disappeared elsewhere into the market. An awkward silence filled the air, allowing for the information Morpho just randomly dropped to sink in. So… this other dragon was a blood element too? While she always wanted to know a bit more about her element, she was suddenly scared of what she might learn from whoever this was, based on their scars. There was a clatter from the back. A gray and brown dragon stumbled out of one of the side rooms, hissing while shaking one of their feet. “Fastest he’s ever left-” The dragon made eye contact with her- blood red eyes as well. They gave a small, slow wave of their wing. “-oh. Hey?” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31151548][img alt="Fiachra dressed in loose purple and black clothing, including an overcoat, scarf, tail binding, boots, and bracers."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=31151548&skin=0&apparel=13079,13825,27127,23743,17907,28014,18793,21846,13841&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Razili felt a lot more nervous now that both of them were staring at her. How did introductions go in the black market? “... hi?” “Did Morpho tell you anything?” The older scarred dragon asked. Razili shook her head. “Figures,” he sighed. “A quick introduction; I’m Osiris, youngling here is Fiachra. As that blabber-mouth said earlier, both of us are of the blood element- which you seem to be as well.” “Uhm, yeah,” Razili fidgeted with the rug beneath her talons. Morpho was hardly intimidating compared to this Osiris person. It was like comparing a fluffy griffin hatchling to a fully grown scarred griff used in war. “I’m… Raz…” Her voice faltered at the end as she questioned whether or not to share her actual name. Probably shouldn’t. Oh well, Raz would work. Osiris noticed her nervous nature, turning away to face his desk and shuffle a few loose papers together. “You actually want to be here? It seems like Morpho just picked you off a random city street and dragged you here.” … To be fair, that was basically what he did. Though she should probably let that not be known- hide weaknesses, right? Otherwise they might try to take advantage of you. Even if she just wanted to scream the truth and get out of here and away from danger. “Y-yeah I do!” She replied, though she realized that it didn’t sound convincing enough. “I just- need to learn a few things and all, y’know? Don’t know much about my element.” Ah, half-truths. A lot easier to play off than full on lies. “Hmm, well… there’s no changing your mind if you’re with Morpho of all dragons.” Osiris’s voice sounded a lot more judgeful than she’d like. “Anyways, I’m not a stranger to training someone. I’ve been training Fiachra for a few years, she and I can help show you the ropes. Though don’t get too excited for learning anything complicated until we’ve worked out a more… official agreement with Morpho. Which might be a bit.” “Morpho’s stubborn as hell.” Fiachra growled like an upset dragonet. “And he yaps too much. Dude would sell out everyone he knows if he ever got caught.” “Thankfully for half of Scraidaft’s vendors, he’s managed to avoid that.” Osiris sighed, looking back over at Razili and seeing her nervous expression beneath her goggles and mask. “He still has some skills you can learn from him. Really, there’s worse vendors that you could’ve ended up working with.” As Osiris attempted to ease her nerves, he reached up to a shelf where a worn leather-cover book was, quickly flipping through the pages. Then he slammed it shut only to toss it in Razili’s direction. She frantically caught it with her wings before it hit the ground- the poor book looked like it’d instantly disintegrate into dust if that happened. “Take that, bring it back next time you visit. Consider it homework. Read most of it and then I’ll start teaching you- mainly so I have time to figure out lessons.” Slowly and carefully, Razili started to skim through the pages. It seemed to be a bunch of information about the blood element- its origins, causes, history, discovered powers- nothing like what she’d found in libraries. All of it looked to be personally written, most likely a personal journal of observations. A journal that was probably two hundred or so pages long. “This is… a lot. To learn.” “It gets… [i]easier[/i].” Fiachra tried to be friendly, though she grimaced at the end, eyes suddenly looking downcast. Her voice was a lot more quiet, almost a whisper that Razili couldn’t hear. “[i]If you ignore morality.[/i]” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1h2g3br1d1xem0r/plaguemidsmall.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38669139][img alt="Razili completely dressed in black clothing, hiding most of her white scales beneath apparel pieces such as a mask, overcoat, and tail tatters as well as tinted goggles on her eyes.]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38669139&skin=0&apparel=27350,27981,20560,17907,13833,27985,21866,18789,27127,33699,27150,23743&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/2#post_47052070][img alt="Morpho dressed in a mix of grey clothing and armor, notably a helmet on his head."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=38384&skin=0&apparel=8603,37369,21850,37370,27127,32717,37390,35212&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center][/center] “See? Wasn’t so horrible now, was it?” Morpho gleefully asked as the two landed in the midst of the forest, a little ways from the Lycan Pack cliffside. “You met some other blood elements, got some food, had a chat, got a… crusty old book… nothing bad!” His face had scrunched up when mentioning the journal, like he was allergic to the idea of reading. “Tomorrow. Same time. Gotta get you into the game quickly.” Razili had no chance to reject as Morpho had already bolted through the canopy and flown away. It didn’t take long for the birds to start chirping once the air had fallen silent, leaving her to contemplate about the day. There was a horrible feeling that it may be too late to turn back now. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/17#post_56540614]Next[/url][/center] ----- [size=2]@pinglist-250[/size] ----- GOSH this was a beast to write, I'm not used to these Eotera stories being so long in comparison to previous chapters, but it was a lot of fun. Some world building and absolutely innocent new characters is always nice. ALSO a little fun fact, originally in Fiachra's place was going to be an NPC, but after some digging I managed to find a mostly blank-slate dragon to use instead. Which is nice because I may or may not have gotten attached due to what happens later... Unfortunately I had no imperials that would fit Osiris and couldn't find any with the same vibes as the scry. So NPC will do for him!

The Scraidaft Market
15 Yixius 3602
Note: This story ended up being a lot longer than normal, so it might be a longer read.

"Razili

Things could only go so wrong from here.

Razili stood in the middle of the forest, eyeing the bushes and trees all around her as one hand fidgeted, drawing random lines in the dirt. Part of her was hoping Morpho wasn’t going to show up- maybe that sucker got himself thrown into jail before she even had the chance! Oh, that would be just amazing. And then she wouldn’t have to worry about going to places she should never stray near! Or someone giving away personal information to probably-not-very-great-individuals.

Letting out a hiss, she stepped closer into shade and away from the sunbeams that made it past the forest canopy. Wearing mostly dark clothing in the midst of summer was not a great experience. It had taken quite a while of digging through her closet before she made a suitable outfit that covered most of her scales and scars, which should hopefully hide her identity as best as possible. It was all she had- especially the dark tinted goggles that helped make her eyes appear a different color.

All hopes were dashed when Morpho landed in the same forest clearing as her- admittedly a lot more graceful than last time when he had just fallen out of a tree. “A beautiful day to go visit the lovely Scraidaft Market!” He loudly proclaimed as he stretched out his legs, a big grin on his face. “Wouldn’t you say so?”

Razili stared at him, clearly unamused.

“Alright! I know you dislike me, let’s just get moving!” Morpho hardly acknowledged her lack-luster mood before taking to the air. She begrudgingly followed after.

The two kept their altitude low, skimming above the forests and plains as they made their way towards the Stray Gales Settlement. They flew along the outer edges of the town until they reached the western edge, which was a mix of inns and farmsteads. Morpho led her to one tavern in particular, which was along a far-off branch of the main path and hardly seemed to have any other dragons around. She got a glimpse of the sign above the entrance that read ‘Egress Lodge’ before she trailed in after Morpho. Weird name for an inn if you asked her.

Even when they were inside, there were no other dragons around other than the innkeeper at the front desk. Looking around the waiting room, nothing immediately stuck out to her as ‘illegal’ or ‘sleezy’- except for Morpho, but he wasn’t part of the decor. It was just innocent potted plants scattered on window sills, or some comfy looking chairs with a small pile of books sitting on a table.

While she was busy sightseeing, Morpho approached the innkeeper and whispered something to them. The dragon nodded before disappearing through a staff-only door in the back of the room. Morpho turned back to her, looking like a child who had made the most amazing discovery that she had to hear. “Oh, you’re going to love this part.”

“... it’s an inn.” Razili noted, one wing pointing to the room all around them. She was not impressed, to say the least.

“To plebeians, yes.” Morpho snickered, warily looking around the room to make sure there were no other dragons around. The room was clearly empty. “But a gateway to us nobles, if you will. Through the back and tucked beneath here is a portal that can take you anywhere from anyplace- including the ten Keystone black markets if you know the right runes. Though no one does, except for the few Gatekeepers.” He winked, tail motioning to the staff-only door that other dragon had last entered.

A… portal? Portals weren’t entirely unusual as a concept- experienced mages can create them, though they usually only go short distances. Getting the portals to take you any good distance to make them an effective means of travel required a lot of elemental energy, enough that no one ever uses them for travel. So… that begged the question of what source-

Razili’s train of thought was interrupted when the tavern keeper returned, only to beckon them to follow. The two walked through the staff-only door, which appeared to be a closet filled with maintenance supplies. Except, unlike most maintenance closets (at least, she hoped), there was an open secret entrance tucked around a shelf, with a circular stairway leading further into the ground. Anyone innocent enough could probably believe it was just some weird way down into the basement.

At the end of the stairs, the basement opened up to a decent sized room made of unpainted concrete brick. On the opposite end of the room was an archway made of dark gray stone, the pieces of the portal having runic markings carved right into each brick. The tavern keeper flipped one of several switches embedded in the wall, and the runes started to fill from the ground up with some weird glowing essence that was shifting through all sorts of colors, revealing the full intricacy of the markings. Some sections weren’t lit up and simply skipped over, while others seemed to have a stronger glow than the rest. Something about the glow was unnerving to Razili, but she wasn’t sure why.

The glowing runes eventually reached the top of the arch, the two sides linking together. There was a brilliant light from the center of the archway that soon spread to fill the entire arch, forming the portal. It was an ever shifting wall of iridescent colors that rippled like water, and hidden in those ripples seemed to be a glimpse of what was on the other side.

“C’mon now!” Morpho said impatiently, grabbing her arm and dragging her into the portal with her before she had the chance to peer closer into the small waves. She ended up running into him on the other side, sending both of them tumbling to the ground on rough stone.

Lifting her head, she took in the unfamiliar scenery all around her. The two of them were in some cavern-room of sorts, having just exited from one of seven portals positioned opposite of the entrance to the room. Outside was an even larger cave that was filled with rickety stalls and stands- some were even on platforms embedded into the stone or were in a ledge dug right into the wall itself. There seemed to be more tunnels and pathways leading elsewhere, though it was hard to tell as most of the cavern was cut off from the doorway.

“Well, that could’ve been more graceful,” Morpho grumbled as he brushed some dirt off his neck.

“You brought it upon yourself,” Razili growled in reply, readjusting her goggles in the process.

“Whatever.” Morpho flicked his tail in annoyance. “Follow close behind me, I want you to meet… someone.”

That certainly was ominous. Yet Razili found herself foolishly following in Morpho’s footsteps, becoming practically glued to his tail as they entered the larger cavern. The small streets and paths between the stalls were bustling with activity of other dragons- whether they’re shopping or hauling several satchels-worth of goods to their stall. The smell in the air was ever changing, at times smelling absolutely horrid, and other times smelling of sweet pastries. Was there really a bakery in the black market?

Keeping track of her untrustworthy guide meant that she wasn’t able to look around much, especially now that he had picked up his pace. Maybe it was for the better, based on what random stuff she saw from the peripheral of her vision. There were exotic critters trapped within small cages being sold for a hefty price, skeletal remains that were most likely of a dragon and not an animal, unusual but surprisingly brutal weaponry, cakes that may or may not be poisoned that taste like the best thing in Eotera- it was overwhelming and she was hardly getting a glimpse before moving on.

The two made their way to a second similarly sized cavern as the last through one of the winding tunnels, with it being slightly less populated. They went up a wooden boardwalk spiraling up to the top of the cave, stopping at a platform about halfway up that connected to one of those ledges that were carved directly into the cave wall. Dark red curtains marked the entrance that Morpho stepped through with absolutely no hesitation, and she followed after.

The store was well-lit by lanterns scattered around, be it on a table or hanging from the ceiling. Soft, simple patterned rugs lined the floor, protecting any visitors from stepping on the rough stone for any longer. Several weapons of varying types were hung on the walls, many of them having scratches, chips, or dents in them, but were otherwise clean. Opposite of the entrance was another dragon who was sitting at a desk that was littered with a variety of items, similar as to the tables against the walls. To either side of the desk were two more rooms, concealed by more of that dark red curtain.

“Greetings to my favorite dragons in Scraidaft!” Morpho loudly exclaimed as he entered, opening a wing in salutation.

A loud rattly hiss came from the dragon on the other side of the room, potentially annoyed at Morpho’s loud presence if she had to guess. The gray and orange dragon looked up from the desk he was sitting at, blood-red eyes narrowing as he looked over in their direction. “Hello to you too.” He spoke roughly, the end of his tail waving around. As he adjusted the red hood on his head, Razili was able to get a glimpse of several scars across his snout. “You’ve brought a guest.”
Osiris covered in mostly red clothing with some black accents. He has a red hood over his head, and two red cloaks covering the rest of his body alongside assorted accessories hiding most of his body.

“Indeed!” Morpho grinned, walking up to the other dragon with pride in his step. “A blood element, just like you! Particularly an associate you can train for me.”

The other dragon looked at her, then looked at Morpho. “... sure… but first, do us a favor and go get some food from the market. We haven’t had lunch yet.”

Morpho looked disgruntled at the request, but shrugged it off. “Gotcha, will be back before you even notice! Consider this payment for now!” Partway through his sentence, Morpho had run out the entrance and disappeared elsewhere into the market.

An awkward silence filled the air, allowing for the information Morpho just randomly dropped to sink in. So… this other dragon was a blood element too? While she always wanted to know a bit more about her element, she was suddenly scared of what she might learn from whoever this was, based on their scars.

There was a clatter from the back. A gray and brown dragon stumbled out of one of the side rooms, hissing while shaking one of their feet. “Fastest he’s ever left-” The dragon made eye contact with her- blood red eyes as well. They gave a small, slow wave of their wing. “-oh. Hey?”
Fiachra dressed in loose purple and black clothing, including an overcoat, scarf, tail binding, boots, and bracers.

Razili felt a lot more nervous now that both of them were staring at her. How did introductions go in the black market? “... hi?”

“Did Morpho tell you anything?” The older scarred dragon asked.

Razili shook her head.

“Figures,” he sighed. “A quick introduction; I’m Osiris, youngling here is Fiachra. As that blabber-mouth said earlier, both of us are of the blood element- which you seem to be as well.”

“Uhm, yeah,” Razili fidgeted with the rug beneath her talons. Morpho was hardly intimidating compared to this Osiris person. It was like comparing a fluffy griffin hatchling to a fully grown scarred griff used in war. “I’m… Raz…” Her voice faltered at the end as she questioned whether or not to share her actual name. Probably shouldn’t. Oh well, Raz would work.

Osiris noticed her nervous nature, turning away to face his desk and shuffle a few loose papers together. “You actually want to be here? It seems like Morpho just picked you off a random city street and dragged you here.”

… To be fair, that was basically what he did. Though she should probably let that not be known- hide weaknesses, right? Otherwise they might try to take advantage of you. Even if she just wanted to scream the truth and get out of here and away from danger. “Y-yeah I do!” She replied, though she realized that it didn’t sound convincing enough. “I just- need to learn a few things and all, y’know? Don’t know much about my element.” Ah, half-truths. A lot easier to play off than full on lies.

“Hmm, well… there’s no changing your mind if you’re with Morpho of all dragons.” Osiris’s voice sounded a lot more judgeful than she’d like. “Anyways, I’m not a stranger to training someone. I’ve been training Fiachra for a few years, she and I can help show you the ropes. Though don’t get too excited for learning anything complicated until we’ve worked out a more… official agreement with Morpho. Which might be a bit.”

“Morpho’s stubborn as hell.” Fiachra growled like an upset dragonet. “And he yaps too much. Dude would sell out everyone he knows if he ever got caught.”

“Thankfully for half of Scraidaft’s vendors, he’s managed to avoid that.” Osiris sighed, looking back over at Razili and seeing her nervous expression beneath her goggles and mask. “He still has some skills you can learn from him. Really, there’s worse vendors that you could’ve ended up working with.” As Osiris attempted to ease her nerves, he reached up to a shelf where a worn leather-cover book was, quickly flipping through the pages. Then he slammed it shut only to toss it in Razili’s direction. She frantically caught it with her wings before it hit the ground- the poor book looked like it’d instantly disintegrate into dust if that happened. “Take that, bring it back next time you visit. Consider it homework. Read most of it and then I’ll start teaching you- mainly so I have time to figure out lessons.”

Slowly and carefully, Razili started to skim through the pages. It seemed to be a bunch of information about the blood element- its origins, causes, history, discovered powers- nothing like what she’d found in libraries. All of it looked to be personally written, most likely a personal journal of observations. A journal that was probably two hundred or so pages long. “This is… a lot. To learn.”

“It gets… easier.” Fiachra tried to be friendly, though she grimaced at the end, eyes suddenly looking downcast. Her voice was a lot more quiet, almost a whisper that Razili couldn’t hear. “If you ignore morality.

plaguemidsmall.png

"Razili

“See? Wasn’t so horrible now, was it?” Morpho gleefully asked as the two landed in the midst of the forest, a little ways from the Lycan Pack cliffside. “You met some other blood elements, got some food, had a chat, got a… crusty old book… nothing bad!” His face had scrunched up when mentioning the journal, like he was allergic to the idea of reading. “Tomorrow. Same time. Gotta get you into the game quickly.”

Razili had no chance to reject as Morpho had already bolted through the canopy and flown away. It didn’t take long for the birds to start chirping once the air had fallen silent, leaving her to contemplate about the day.

There was a horrible feeling that it may be too late to turn back now.

@[Lore] Tales of Eotera
GOSH this was a beast to write, I'm not used to these Eotera stories being so long in comparison to previous chapters, but it was a lot of fun. Some world building and absolutely innocent new characters is always nice.

ALSO a little fun fact, originally in Fiachra's place was going to be an NPC, but after some digging I managed to find a mostly blank-slate dragon to use instead. Which is nice because I may or may not have gotten attached due to what happens later... Unfortunately I had no imperials that would fit Osiris and couldn't find any with the same vibes as the scry. So NPC will do for him!
I finally had to focus to read the chapter and WOW! I am so curious about where this is going to go, this may be my favourite plot thread at the moment
I finally had to focus to read the chapter and WOW! I am so curious about where this is going to go, this may be my favourite plot thread at the moment
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall It's my favorite so far as well! Early on there isn't many plot threads going on so it was nice to get something in to see how I like it. Now I'm eagerly anticipating when I get to do similar arcs in the future.
@Petall It's my favorite so far as well! Early on there isn't many plot threads going on so it was nice to get something in to see how I like it. Now I'm eagerly anticipating when I get to do similar arcs in the future.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/17#post_56318865]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=5][b][u]You’ve Got To Go On[/u][/b][/size] 16 Yixius 3602[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31151548][img alt="Fiachra dressed in loose purple and black clothing, including an overcoat, scarf, tail binding, boots, and bracers."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=31151548&skin=0&apparel=13079,13825,27127,23743,17907,28014,18793,21846,13841&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38669139][img alt="Razili completely dressed in black clothing, hiding most of her white scales beneath apparel pieces such as a mask, overcoat, and tail tatters as well as tinted goggles on her eyes.]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38669139&skin=0&apparel=27350,27981,20560,17907,13833,27985,21866,18789,27127,33699,27150,23743&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “So… this is your room?” “Nothing else like it!” Fiachra replied to Raz with a grin. One of their wings extended to motion to the room around them as they both stepped past the rags that acted as a door. While their room could be considered quite small for an average dragon, they had adapted to live a more compact life. The circular bed took up most of the space, accompanied by some drawers with shelving stacked on top, and a small desk area with assorted writing materials- including a little electric lamp! The lamp was still holding strong past its expected lifespan. One of many questionable properties of electronics in the black market. “You sure take advantage of all the space.” Raz commented, looking at the shelves filled with a mix of books, small weapons, wooden carvings, and other miscellaneous objects. The more useful weapons were at the front, the larger ones were hung on the few exposed wall areas. “Not like I have much of a choice.” Fiachra scoffed as they flopped onto their bed. Their feathery wings fluttered around a bit, getting wrapped up in the freshly cleaned sheets that felt extremely soft. “You chill with hanging out a bit?” “Well… I guess, I don’t have much going on.” Raz shrugged, standing next to the bed but looking over at the doorway. Osiris and Morpho had gone outside to talk about something after Raz’s first lesson- most likely payment or the like. Osiris didn’t take kindly to late payments… On the bright side, Raz learned how to sense blood with her element! Nothing too bad. “... what else do you do in Scraidaft- like, for fun?” “Eck,” Fiachra’s tongue stuck out in disgust. “Not much. Anything that sounds like fun is a scam half the time. Though usually those don’t stick around long- not smart stealing money from assassins or thieves. Then other stuff is only fun if you’re weird enough- like dissections. Yuck.” Their tail whacked the side of their bed as they stared at their ceiling. “What about you? Anything fun in normal towns? Outside of the basic stuff written in cheesy romance novels.” “That eliminates a lot of things.” She giggled. The way her face lit up with pure joy, even if for a brief moment… Fiachra was struck with an odd feeling of envy. “Oh come on… Okay, fine, including stuff in stupid romances.” Fiachra chirped in defeat, trying to brush that odd feeling away. Raz lifted a hand to her chin, tapping in thought. “There’s… eating out at restaurants, or going shopping- especially when travelling merchants come around! Oh, and festivals and holidays in towns are great, lots of celebration going on. Sometimes there’s races and…” She would continue on with listing as many activities she could think of- which was a surprising amount. It just went on and on, way more than Fiachra expected. And all of them sounded like fun. … they wondered what it was like. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1bc2oq2d0ad15a8/shadowmidsmall.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31151548][img alt="Fiachra dressed in loose purple and black clothing, including an overcoat, scarf, tail binding, boots, and bracers."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=31151548&skin=0&apparel=13079,13825,27127,23743,17907,28014,18793,21846,13841&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Night was quickly approaching. Not like you could see the sky in the dreary caverns of Scraidaft, but the activity of all the vendors and shoppers was a good signal as the time of day. Compared to day, the night was extremely popular. After all, you get to slink around in the dark to get to and fro portals, so getting caught was a lot less likely, especially for those renowned with high bounties. Fiachra was sitting outside Osiris’s stall watching the dragons below mill about like ants. Raz and Morpho had already left several hours ago, long before any of the major activity started. After a long while of observation, they heard some shifting and clanking from inside the stall. Slipping back in, they found what they were expecting; Osiris preparing for a hunt. Armor or thick leather covered most of their body, and they had a few visible weapons in sheaths or hanging on some leather straps. They probably had more hidden beneath their clothes. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/2#post_47052070][img alt="Osiris covered in mostly red clothing with some black accents. He has a red hood over his head, and two red cloaks covering the rest of his body alongside assorted accessories hiding most of his body."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=56588&skin=0&apparel=30816,15305,18789,13816,13784,18803,2598,10880,943,26885,2961&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “You want to come along this time?” Osiris offered when he noticed their presence. Internally, Fiachra winced. Fortunately, it didn’t show physically other than a nervous twitch of their antennae. “I’ll pass. I’m… a bit tired.” “... alright.” Osiris grumbled, turning back to his desk to shift through some assorted papers. There was an awkward silence before he spoke again. “This one might be a dud anyway. The client was putting up quite the fuss about giving me some blood or even a plain scent to track them down.” “Ah, doesn’t sound great,” she sighed, looking over at one of the tables and at all the items that she’s seen before. Some of the items involved innocent-looking dark red crystals, ones not found in any cave on Senrade. She shifted her talons on the rug below, eyes narrowed in thought. “Uhm, real quick… What town did Morpho and Raz come from?” “I believe it was the Stray Gales Settlement.” Osiris replied as he rolled up a piece of paper and put it into one of his bags. “What for?” “Well, I was thinking about… seeing Raz- without Morpho, y’know? And not here either.” Fiachra approached one of the side tables and grabbed a small crystal, turning it around in her talons. To be honest, she wasn’t entirely sure where she was going with this- just that she had a small inkling of a thought. “I just wanna see what she’s like in a more… normal environment?” There was no immediate response, with Osiris double checking his equipment before he spoke. “Just be careful out there, alright? Don’t act too jumpy or shady- and remember to wear tinted goggles.” Well, he didn’t say ‘no’! Fiachra set down the crystal, her tail wagging in relief. “I know, I know. I’ll be fine.” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1bc2oq2d0ad15a8/shadowmidsmall.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31151548][img alt="Fiachra dressed in loose purple and black clothing, including an overcoat, scarf, tail binding, boots, and bracers. Dark blue tinted goggles sit on her head covering her eyes.]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=31151548&skin=0&apparel=20560,13079,27127,23743,17907,28014,18793,21846,13841&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Oh! Oh! OH! Fiachra was buzzing with excitement- like pure joy was running through her veins. Here she was! Middle of Stray Gales, stone and wooden buildings all around her and painted varying colors. There was even a fountain in the center of the main plaza! It was oddly entertaining, hearing the splashing and watching the water fall down. The smooth stone pathways were an amazing change of pace from rough stabby cave grounds, and even the dirt paths on the way to the heart of the town were a lot more comforting. There were also lamp posts that helped to light the whole area, guarding it from the darkness of the night above. It felt a lot like… well… she didn’t really know what. While Osiris had taken her on trips to the [i]normal[/i] outside world before, the opportunities were few and far between. Not to mention that during them, she had to stick close by his side and couldn’t stray far. Now, she could go wherever she wanted! Visit any [i]normal[/i] shop that looks cool! Maybe go find a place to eat- she has some gold on her! Maybe there’s a museum or zoo around too! As long as that stuff was open. It… was really late into the night, and she was pretty sure most of that stuff was open during the day, not the night like in the black market. There were very few dragons roaming the main street and plaza, so few that she could probably get away with taking her goggles off and no one would notice the color of her eyes. Though she didn’t- better safe than sorry as the saying goes. After she had enough of standing in the same spot admiring the taste of freedom, she walked up one of the primary streets that were more well-lit. Only a few storefronts had their lights on, signaling they were open. Fiachra paused at one of them and read the sign, the store seeming to be a general grocery store of sorts. Like, [i]normal[/i] general products, such as food or medicine or- uh, what else did they have? Did they sell jewelry- no, that answer felt wrong. She reached to open the door- “[i]What are you doing here?[/i]” There was a harsh whisper and Fiachra flinched. She turned on her heels as her fur bristled, only to find Raz next to her. Her face was one of great concern and worry, especially as she looked around the empty street. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38669139][img alt="Razili dressed in casual black and red clothing with a large scarf and a hat on her head."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38669139&skin=0&apparel=27356,28369,13080,35209,28373,21874,28374,28376,13792,33681&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Oh- Raz, hey.” Fiachra grinned slightly. Admittedly, she had forgotten she had originally come out here on the basis of finding her. “I, uh, was hoping to run into you. I want to talk with you.” “Well, not here!” Raz responded through gritted teeth. She took a step back and opened her wings, one arm pointing in a certain direction. “We can talk elsewhere.” The two of them took to the air, departing Stray Gales and into the dark and cold night. They fled far from the warmth of the town’s lights, a gentle breeze guiding their wings… uh… East, right? Well, guiding them [i]somewhere[/i] over the rolling hills and lush forests. It was a decent flight until they finally descended into the shadows of a random forest, a cliffside off in the distance that seemed to have homes built within it. “Alright, what is it?” Raz questioned in an annoyed tone while she adjusted her scarf to sit a little higher up. Her current outfit was a lot less concealing compared to what she wore in the market. She had a lot more scars than Fiachra originally realized. “Oh-! Well, uh-” Fiachra now struggled to figure out what she wanted to talk about in the first place. Where did Raz get those scars in the first place? They don’t look pleasant- wait, no that wasn’t the topic she was thinking about earlier. “-it’s- I’m just… I don’t know, I just wanted to chat I guess.” Through the faint moonlight, she was able to see the most tired and absolutely unamused expression on Raz’s face. “Really? [i]Now[/i]? We should both be asleep, it’s late!” “Then what’re you doing out here?” Fiachra inquired with a curious chirp. “Shopping.” She waved a wing dismissively. “Being in Scraidaft took up my spare time. Then it took ages for Morpho to go away.” At the mention of Morpho, she immediately remembered some of her original goals for seeking her out. “Ah- right, uh… speaking of that stuff, why do you want to enter the black market?” There wasn’t an immediate answer, Raz blinking in surprise a few times. “To… to learn more about my element…” “Is that really all though?” She tilted her head with narrowed eyes as she questioned further. “Didn’t Morpho say something about you being his business partner or something?” Raz grumbled with an annoyed wave of her tail. “... [i]yes[/i].” Her answer was sharp and straight to the point, nothing else to it. It seemed… weird. “But [i]why[/i]?” Fiachra continued, though she found herself with more than just questions. “You could just… learn your element and then never touch this stuff again. You already have a life out here, you shouldn’t risk it all for these stupid kinds of jobs- they’re horrible!” “... maybe I don’t have a choice.” The other spoke softly with a frown. “But you do!” She protested, feeling more anxious the more Raz fought back. It was sickening to watch someone fall. “Unlike me, whose fate was chosen the day I hatched with this stupid element! I don’t want to kill anyone! I just want to [i]live[/i]- live like you! You’re a songbird singing in the trees and I’m a falcon with their wings clipped and eyes blinded, unable to do what I want! And yet you’re willing to jump right into the same situation!” “Maybe [i]I don’t have a choice.[/i]” She restated with greater emphasis. “[i]ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FLY AWAY DAMMIT![/i]” Fiachra screeched. “[i]I CAN’T![/i]” Raz yelled back. There was silence immediately after as they both went quiet, taking in each other’s words. Fiachra’s talons had dug into the soft ground below her when she had yelled, and now she was at a loss for words. What was Raz talking about? Clearly she- she had a choice- she was already out here- unless there was something else… but [i]what[/i]? For as long as the air was still, neither of them moved. “... then… then- [i]find a way.[/i]” Fiachra finally mustered in a more solemn tone, her neck craned as she stared at the ground. “... Before your wings are clipped too.” When there was no reply, Fiachra flew off into the open night sky. Raz was right, she should be getting some sleep. Both of them. ----- [center]Next (TBA)[/center] ----- [size=2]@pinglist-250[/size] ----- I'm going to pretend it hasn't already been a month. I've been working on some worldbuilding stuff on the side, including giving all current characters up to this point some base designs! It took ages and kind of the main reason I took so long to getting around to this one but now they all have something to their names! Though I've recently been changing how the dragon 'species' and elements work in world building which kinda made the designs go a bit askew now, but uh, hindsight is 20/20. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ntO7TJD.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DOFWAy5.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/b99Rg7K.png[/img][/center] Anyways bonus fun fact: Fiachra calls Razili 'Raz' because Razili hasn't given them her full name yet. They think Raz is her full name.

You’ve Got To Go On
16 Yixius 3602

Fiachra dressed in loose purple and black clothing, including an overcoat, scarf, tail binding, boots, and bracers.

"Razili

“So… this is your room?”

“Nothing else like it!” Fiachra replied to Raz with a grin. One of their wings extended to motion to the room around them as they both stepped past the rags that acted as a door. While their room could be considered quite small for an average dragon, they had adapted to live a more compact life. The circular bed took up most of the space, accompanied by some drawers with shelving stacked on top, and a small desk area with assorted writing materials- including a little electric lamp! The lamp was still holding strong past its expected lifespan. One of many questionable properties of electronics in the black market.

“You sure take advantage of all the space.” Raz commented, looking at the shelves filled with a mix of books, small weapons, wooden carvings, and other miscellaneous objects. The more useful weapons were at the front, the larger ones were hung on the few exposed wall areas.

“Not like I have much of a choice.” Fiachra scoffed as they flopped onto their bed. Their feathery wings fluttered around a bit, getting wrapped up in the freshly cleaned sheets that felt extremely soft. “You chill with hanging out a bit?”

“Well… I guess, I don’t have much going on.” Raz shrugged, standing next to the bed but looking over at the doorway. Osiris and Morpho had gone outside to talk about something after Raz’s first lesson- most likely payment or the like. Osiris didn’t take kindly to late payments… On the bright side, Raz learned how to sense blood with her element! Nothing too bad. “... what else do you do in Scraidaft- like, for fun?”

“Eck,” Fiachra’s tongue stuck out in disgust. “Not much. Anything that sounds like fun is a scam half the time. Though usually those don’t stick around long- not smart stealing money from assassins or thieves. Then other stuff is only fun if you’re weird enough- like dissections. Yuck.” Their tail whacked the side of their bed as they stared at their ceiling. “What about you? Anything fun in normal towns? Outside of the basic stuff written in cheesy romance novels.”

“That eliminates a lot of things.” She giggled. The way her face lit up with pure joy, even if for a brief moment… Fiachra was struck with an odd feeling of envy.

“Oh come on… Okay, fine, including stuff in stupid romances.” Fiachra chirped in defeat, trying to brush that odd feeling away.

Raz lifted a hand to her chin, tapping in thought. “There’s… eating out at restaurants, or going shopping- especially when travelling merchants come around! Oh, and festivals and holidays in towns are great, lots of celebration going on. Sometimes there’s races and…” She would continue on with listing as many activities she could think of- which was a surprising amount. It just went on and on, way more than Fiachra expected.

And all of them sounded like fun.

… they wondered what it was like.

shadowmidsmall.png

Night was quickly approaching. Not like you could see the sky in the dreary caverns of Scraidaft, but the activity of all the vendors and shoppers was a good signal as the time of day. Compared to day, the night was extremely popular. After all, you get to slink around in the dark to get to and fro portals, so getting caught was a lot less likely, especially for those renowned with high bounties.

Fiachra was sitting outside Osiris’s stall watching the dragons below mill about like ants. Raz and Morpho had already left several hours ago, long before any of the major activity started. After a long while of observation, they heard some shifting and clanking from inside the stall. Slipping back in, they found what they were expecting; Osiris preparing for a hunt. Armor or thick leather covered most of their body, and they had a few visible weapons in sheaths or hanging on some leather straps. They probably had more hidden beneath their clothes.
Osiris covered in mostly red clothing with some black accents. He has a red hood over his head, and two red cloaks covering the rest of his body alongside assorted accessories hiding most of his body.

“You want to come along this time?” Osiris offered when he noticed their presence.

Internally, Fiachra winced. Fortunately, it didn’t show physically other than a nervous twitch of their antennae. “I’ll pass. I’m… a bit tired.”

“... alright.” Osiris grumbled, turning back to his desk to shift through some assorted papers. There was an awkward silence before he spoke again. “This one might be a dud anyway. The client was putting up quite the fuss about giving me some blood or even a plain scent to track them down.”

“Ah, doesn’t sound great,” she sighed, looking over at one of the tables and at all the items that she’s seen before. Some of the items involved innocent-looking dark red crystals, ones not found in any cave on Senrade. She shifted her talons on the rug below, eyes narrowed in thought. “Uhm, real quick… What town did Morpho and Raz come from?”

“I believe it was the Stray Gales Settlement.” Osiris replied as he rolled up a piece of paper and put it into one of his bags. “What for?”

“Well, I was thinking about… seeing Raz- without Morpho, y’know? And not here either.” Fiachra approached one of the side tables and grabbed a small crystal, turning it around in her talons. To be honest, she wasn’t entirely sure where she was going with this- just that she had a small inkling of a thought. “I just wanna see what she’s like in a more… normal environment?”

There was no immediate response, with Osiris double checking his equipment before he spoke. “Just be careful out there, alright? Don’t act too jumpy or shady- and remember to wear tinted goggles.”

Well, he didn’t say ‘no’! Fiachra set down the crystal, her tail wagging in relief. “I know, I know. I’ll be fine.”

shadowmidsmall.png

"Fiachra

Oh! Oh! OH!

Fiachra was buzzing with excitement- like pure joy was running through her veins. Here she was! Middle of Stray Gales, stone and wooden buildings all around her and painted varying colors. There was even a fountain in the center of the main plaza! It was oddly entertaining, hearing the splashing and watching the water fall down. The smooth stone pathways were an amazing change of pace from rough stabby cave grounds, and even the dirt paths on the way to the heart of the town were a lot more comforting. There were also lamp posts that helped to light the whole area, guarding it from the darkness of the night above. It felt a lot like… well… she didn’t really know what.

While Osiris had taken her on trips to the normal outside world before, the opportunities were few and far between. Not to mention that during them, she had to stick close by his side and couldn’t stray far. Now, she could go wherever she wanted! Visit any normal shop that looks cool! Maybe go find a place to eat- she has some gold on her! Maybe there’s a museum or zoo around too!

As long as that stuff was open.

It… was really late into the night, and she was pretty sure most of that stuff was open during the day, not the night like in the black market. There were very few dragons roaming the main street and plaza, so few that she could probably get away with taking her goggles off and no one would notice the color of her eyes. Though she didn’t- better safe than sorry as the saying goes.

After she had enough of standing in the same spot admiring the taste of freedom, she walked up one of the primary streets that were more well-lit. Only a few storefronts had their lights on, signaling they were open. Fiachra paused at one of them and read the sign, the store seeming to be a general grocery store of sorts. Like, normal general products, such as food or medicine or- uh, what else did they have? Did they sell jewelry- no, that answer felt wrong. She reached to open the door-

What are you doing here?” There was a harsh whisper and Fiachra flinched. She turned on her heels as her fur bristled, only to find Raz next to her. Her face was one of great concern and worry, especially as she looked around the empty street.

“Oh- Raz, hey.” Fiachra grinned slightly. Admittedly, she had forgotten she had originally come out here on the basis of finding her. “I, uh, was hoping to run into you. I want to talk with you.”

“Well, not here!” Raz responded through gritted teeth. She took a step back and opened her wings, one arm pointing in a certain direction. “We can talk elsewhere.”

The two of them took to the air, departing Stray Gales and into the dark and cold night. They fled far from the warmth of the town’s lights, a gentle breeze guiding their wings… uh… East, right? Well, guiding them somewhere over the rolling hills and lush forests. It was a decent flight until they finally descended into the shadows of a random forest, a cliffside off in the distance that seemed to have homes built within it.

“Alright, what is it?” Raz questioned in an annoyed tone while she adjusted her scarf to sit a little higher up. Her current outfit was a lot less concealing compared to what she wore in the market. She had a lot more scars than Fiachra originally realized.

“Oh-! Well, uh-” Fiachra now struggled to figure out what she wanted to talk about in the first place. Where did Raz get those scars in the first place? They don’t look pleasant- wait, no that wasn’t the topic she was thinking about earlier. “-it’s- I’m just… I don’t know, I just wanted to chat I guess.”

Through the faint moonlight, she was able to see the most tired and absolutely unamused expression on Raz’s face. “Really? Now? We should both be asleep, it’s late!”

“Then what’re you doing out here?” Fiachra inquired with a curious chirp.

“Shopping.” She waved a wing dismissively. “Being in Scraidaft took up my spare time. Then it took ages for Morpho to go away.”

At the mention of Morpho, she immediately remembered some of her original goals for seeking her out. “Ah- right, uh… speaking of that stuff, why do you want to enter the black market?”

There wasn’t an immediate answer, Raz blinking in surprise a few times. “To… to learn more about my element…”

“Is that really all though?” She tilted her head with narrowed eyes as she questioned further. “Didn’t Morpho say something about you being his business partner or something?”

Raz grumbled with an annoyed wave of her tail. “... yes.” Her answer was sharp and straight to the point, nothing else to it. It seemed… weird.

“But why?” Fiachra continued, though she found herself with more than just questions. “You could just… learn your element and then never touch this stuff again. You already have a life out here, you shouldn’t risk it all for these stupid kinds of jobs- they’re horrible!”

“... maybe I don’t have a choice.” The other spoke softly with a frown.

“But you do!” She protested, feeling more anxious the more Raz fought back. It was sickening to watch someone fall. “Unlike me, whose fate was chosen the day I hatched with this stupid element! I don’t want to kill anyone! I just want to live- live like you! You’re a songbird singing in the trees and I’m a falcon with their wings clipped and eyes blinded, unable to do what I want! And yet you’re willing to jump right into the same situation!”

“Maybe I don’t have a choice.” She restated with greater emphasis.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FLY AWAY DAMMIT!” Fiachra screeched.

I CAN’T!” Raz yelled back.

There was silence immediately after as they both went quiet, taking in each other’s words. Fiachra’s talons had dug into the soft ground below her when she had yelled, and now she was at a loss for words. What was Raz talking about? Clearly she- she had a choice- she was already out here- unless there was something else… but what?

For as long as the air was still, neither of them moved.

“... then… then- find a way.” Fiachra finally mustered in a more solemn tone, her neck craned as she stared at the ground. “... Before your wings are clipped too.”

When there was no reply, Fiachra flew off into the open night sky. Raz was right, she should be getting some sleep. Both of them.

Next (TBA)

@[Lore] Tales of Eotera
I'm going to pretend it hasn't already been a month.

I've been working on some worldbuilding stuff on the side, including giving all current characters up to this point some base designs! It took ages and kind of the main reason I took so long to getting around to this one but now they all have something to their names! Though I've recently been changing how the dragon 'species' and elements work in world building which kinda made the designs go a bit askew now, but uh, hindsight is 20/20.
ntO7TJD.png

DOFWAy5.png

b99Rg7K.png

Anyways bonus fun fact: Fiachra calls Razili 'Raz' because Razili hasn't given them her full name yet. They think Raz is her full name.
"Before your wings are clipped" how haunting! Oh, I am gaining such a soft spot for Fiachra...

Love the art btw, it looks fantastic!
"Before your wings are clipped" how haunting! Oh, I am gaining such a soft spot for Fiachra...

Love the art btw, it looks fantastic!
@Petall Fiachra has been a wonder to write, I'm super happy that I decided to give her a few pieces of her own, it has really let her shine.

And thanks!
@Petall Fiachra has been a wonder to write, I'm super happy that I decided to give her a few pieces of her own, it has really let her shine.

And thanks!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17