Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Tales of Eotera
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Left Behind
11 Yixius 3587

Hatchling Kashin wearing a pearl-colored necklace.

Hatchling Rizu wearing a red scarf.

This didn't seem right.

At least, they were pretty sure about it. Kashin looked over the forest clearing that had been a homely campsite last night, and now was a barren wasteland. Sure, there was green forest all around them, but their family was suddenly gone. Did something happen last night? But then why weren’t they woken up?

Next to them was another dragonet, the same age as them. Rizu was the only other sign of life that Kashin had seen when they first awoke. Both of their families were nomads, and had been travelling together for a few months now.

“Where did they go?” Rizu squeaked with distress, his eyes darting around, as if everyone was just hiding in plain sight from them.

“I dunno,” Kashin replied truthfully as he stepped forward to the center of the clearing. Then, he swung his voice back as he raised his voice into a yell. “MOM? DAD? WHERE ARE YOU?”

There was no reply after. The birds all around them were now silent after his exclamation. Kashin frowned, slowly sitting down and sinking down to the ground. Where did they go? Why were they left behind? There clearly was no rush to leave- all the tents were gone. He may be a dragonet but he wasn’t stupid either.

Slowly, Rizu approached their side, looking as uncertain of their fate as they were. With a quiet sigh that explained all that Rizu was feeling, he sat down next to Kashin. It was as if, if they waited long enough, everyone would return. Maybe it was a trial of trust and patience, right? Their parents had never done such a test before though…

Rizu suddenly gasped, his head perking up as his eyes went to the sky. Kashin was about to question him when he heard it; wingbeats in the air headed for them. They waited with baited breath as suddenly, three unfamiliar dragons landed in the same clearing for them. All hope in his heart vanished upon not recognizing any of them.
Nocturna dressed in a night-sky dress and purple accessories. Stormstrike dressed in a casual red shirt and general laid-back apparel with a cleaver sheathed at his waist. Cloudleap dressed yellow clothing and minimal armor with a few bags.

“Are you two alright?” The purple dragon asked, leaning down to be eye-to-eye with them.

“Uhm,” Kashin paused, staring at the three strangers before him. They didn’t seem mean, and looked kind enough- well, spare for the teal one. They looked intimidating. “Our- uhm, our family is gone.”

The purple dragon frowned, glancing around the clearing at the disturbed ground, the only evidence that remained of the campsite from last night. The white dragon with red clothing spoke this time. “Well, you two can come back with us for now! We can help you look for your parents- it just isn’t safe out here alone.”

Despite their reassurance, Kashin couldn’t help but have second guesses. Yeah, it’d be nice if they found their parents again but… what if they aren’t wanted back? Were they left behind on purpose? The thought made them feel sick, but…

Why was life so difficult suddenly?

Pinglist: @Petall
My brain has not been in a writing mood lately. Like dangit I wanna write but I just can't think of any good sentences. Writer's block can be so mean.

Left Behind
11 Yixius 3587

Hatchling Kashin wearing a pearl-colored necklace.

Hatchling Rizu wearing a red scarf.

This didn't seem right.

At least, they were pretty sure about it. Kashin looked over the forest clearing that had been a homely campsite last night, and now was a barren wasteland. Sure, there was green forest all around them, but their family was suddenly gone. Did something happen last night? But then why weren’t they woken up?

Next to them was another dragonet, the same age as them. Rizu was the only other sign of life that Kashin had seen when they first awoke. Both of their families were nomads, and had been travelling together for a few months now.

“Where did they go?” Rizu squeaked with distress, his eyes darting around, as if everyone was just hiding in plain sight from them.

“I dunno,” Kashin replied truthfully as he stepped forward to the center of the clearing. Then, he swung his voice back as he raised his voice into a yell. “MOM? DAD? WHERE ARE YOU?”

There was no reply after. The birds all around them were now silent after his exclamation. Kashin frowned, slowly sitting down and sinking down to the ground. Where did they go? Why were they left behind? There clearly was no rush to leave- all the tents were gone. He may be a dragonet but he wasn’t stupid either.

Slowly, Rizu approached their side, looking as uncertain of their fate as they were. With a quiet sigh that explained all that Rizu was feeling, he sat down next to Kashin. It was as if, if they waited long enough, everyone would return. Maybe it was a trial of trust and patience, right? Their parents had never done such a test before though…

Rizu suddenly gasped, his head perking up as his eyes went to the sky. Kashin was about to question him when he heard it; wingbeats in the air headed for them. They waited with baited breath as suddenly, three unfamiliar dragons landed in the same clearing for them. All hope in his heart vanished upon not recognizing any of them.
Nocturna dressed in a night-sky dress and purple accessories. Stormstrike dressed in a casual red shirt and general laid-back apparel with a cleaver sheathed at his waist. Cloudleap dressed yellow clothing and minimal armor with a few bags.

“Are you two alright?” The purple dragon asked, leaning down to be eye-to-eye with them.

“Uhm,” Kashin paused, staring at the three strangers before him. They didn’t seem mean, and looked kind enough- well, spare for the teal one. They looked intimidating. “Our- uhm, our family is gone.”

The purple dragon frowned, glancing around the clearing at the disturbed ground, the only evidence that remained of the campsite from last night. The white dragon with red clothing spoke this time. “Well, you two can come back with us for now! We can help you look for your parents- it just isn’t safe out here alone.”

Despite their reassurance, Kashin couldn’t help but have second guesses. Yeah, it’d be nice if they found their parents again but… what if they aren’t wanted back? Were they left behind on purpose? The thought made them feel sick, but…

Why was life so difficult suddenly?

My brain has not been in a writing mood lately. Like dangit I wanna write but I just can't think of any good sentences. Writer's block can be so mean.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
Writer's block sucks, I;m sorry you are struggling with it! if you ever need anyone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to message me!

Love these hatchlings btw, can't wait to see who they grow to be!
Writer's block sucks, I;m sorry you are struggling with it! if you ever need anyone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to message me!

Love these hatchlings btw, can't wait to see who they grow to be!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Yeah it certainly does. It's mainly with ones that involve introducing new hatchlings/arrivals that I struggle with. I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if ever needed!

Gosh yeah, I recently gave Kashin his lore/bio and I'm hoping to get around to writing him when he's grown up at some point.
@Petall Yeah it certainly does. It's mainly with ones that involve introducing new hatchlings/arrivals that I struggle with. I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if ever needed!

Gosh yeah, I recently gave Kashin his lore/bio and I'm hoping to get around to writing him when he's grown up at some point.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/13#post_54811934]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=5][b][u]The Road Ahead[/u][/b][/size] 2 Quezesk 3590[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36808692][img alt="Usha dressed in blue and black clothing with an orange overcoat and an orange flower crown on her head."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36808692&skin=0&apparel=29221,35519,12898,26853,6022,23723,18789,17286,27984&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Usha landed on the wooden platform in front of her and Zephyr’s home, shaking her feathers with a huff. For once she was returning home without being exhausted and minimal bags on her back. After a few years of stress and persistence, she finally wrapped up her medical training today and she was pretty confident in herself. It was a lot of information that could potentially come in handy one day, even if things around the Lycan Pack didn’t seem to be dangerous anymore. But hey, now she knows how to fight [i]and[/i] heal someone! She could beat someone up only to heal them right after. Totally a normal thing! Reaching out to the door, she realized it was locked. That’s right- Zephyr had gone out to Stray Gales earlier too, for some sort of workshop class. Which was an issue because she had forgotten to take one of the sets of keys with her. Yeah, it was a bad habit of hers but she was working on it, promise! There was an idea to just break into her own home, but she decided against it because Zephyr would [i]not[/i] be happy needing to replace a window or door. With rain on the horizon, she resorted to just going to her parents home instead. It was just a quick trot down the boardwalk anyways. The door was most likely unlocked, but she decided to be polite (today) and knock first. After a few moments, her mother answered the door. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35811588][img alt="Rajani dressed in a white overcoat and general accessories."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35811588&skin=0&apparel=23119,3284,21842,23737,19639,40437,26860&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Forgot your keys?” Was the first thing out of her mom’s mouth, who had an amused expression. “What? I can’t come by for a visit?” Usha jested with a wide smile and opened wings before stepping inside. She was quick to make herself comfortable and headed to the living room, laying claim to the couch as she laid across it. After closing the door, her mother joined her as well in the beanbag next to the couch. “Your father went on a walk with Cavin and Evniki, Cloudleap tagged along too I believe,” Rajani spoke, glancing at an open book on the table in the center of the room. She put a bookmark in it and shut it, the cover revealing it was a book written by a dragon named Reventri about elemental influence on hatchlings. Those books were like holy scriptures to Usha during her medical classes. Her mother noticed her looking at it. “Ah- your medical training is all wrapped up now, right?” Usha nodded with a sigh. “Three long years, and it’s finally done. I’m not sure what I’ll do with all my freetime now.” “You’re certainly getting a start with locking yourself out of your house.” Her mom mused. It seemed like she was not going to let Usha live down her bad habits. “Anyways, I have something to show you, let me grab it.” Usha patiently waited on the couch while her mother walked off and down the hallway to her room. With not much else to look at, she grabbed the book and flipped through it. It was filled to the brim with explanations on eggs, incubation, and the influencing of elemental alignments. While Reventri had published only a few books about her studies in the elements of dragons, they still had a bunch of information despite the fact the author was still studying all of it to the present day. In fact, Usha actually was looking forward to Reventri’s next publication compared to everything else she had read. Then again, it helps that the element side of things is much more fun to study about than [i]anatomy[/i]. “Here we are,” her mom’s voice snapped her out of her thoughts, watching as a large piece of paper was laid out on the table. Usha set the book off to the side as she looked over the drawing on it. “Oh!” Usha was quick to recognize it as a blueprint for some sort of medical building. She and her mother had been talking about it as of recently, and about how it might be a nice addition if the pack were to get any larger. “Is this the final thing?” “For the most part,” Rajani spoke, looking over it again. Then, she pointed at a section off to the left side of the building. “That’s a hatchery section, I talked with Nocturna and she convinced me to add it. Although its size might get cut in half depending on how well Borealis takes a liking to the general size- it’s probably not going to be good.” “It looks good, at least,” Usha responded, looking over the rest of the sections. There was a waiting room, storage for medical supplies, then of course a large room to treat patients in as well as individual rooms off the side for more privacy. It was… a decent size, especially considering the Lycan Pack didn’t have [i]that[/i] many dragons, but hey there’s something called ‘planning ahead’ and it might be beneficial for them. Even if Borealis doesn’t like the large addition currently. “You think you can convince her?” “Ha!” Her mother laughed. “Probably not on my own, hence why I got Nocturna dragged into the planning as well. She has her tactics.” “And you say all my mischief came from dad,” Usha scoffed. “You two are just on another level of it,” Rajani smiled, ruffling up the feathers on Usha’s head. “Way more devious than me.” ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/13#post_54880686]Next[/url][/center] ----- [size=2]Pinglist: @Petall[/size] ----- Well, I can certainly trust Usha to punch a hole in my writer's block. There's just some characters that I can write about at like any time, and she's one of them. And bonus content: an MS paint doodle of the layout of the medical building. Imagine this but in higher quality and on paper and this is basically what was on the blueprint. I did this a few days ago when I got a sudden idea for the layout and have yet to redraw it like I've been meaning to. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NufO9nm.png[/img][/center]

The Road Ahead
2 Quezesk 3590

Usha dressed in blue and black clothing with an orange overcoat and an orange flower crown on her head.

Usha landed on the wooden platform in front of her and Zephyr’s home, shaking her feathers with a huff. For once she was returning home without being exhausted and minimal bags on her back. After a few years of stress and persistence, she finally wrapped up her medical training today and she was pretty confident in herself. It was a lot of information that could potentially come in handy one day, even if things around the Lycan Pack didn’t seem to be dangerous anymore. But hey, now she knows how to fight and heal someone! She could beat someone up only to heal them right after. Totally a normal thing!

Reaching out to the door, she realized it was locked. That’s right- Zephyr had gone out to Stray Gales earlier too, for some sort of workshop class. Which was an issue because she had forgotten to take one of the sets of keys with her. Yeah, it was a bad habit of hers but she was working on it, promise! There was an idea to just break into her own home, but she decided against it because Zephyr would not be happy needing to replace a window or door.

With rain on the horizon, she resorted to just going to her parents home instead. It was just a quick trot down the boardwalk anyways. The door was most likely unlocked, but she decided to be polite (today) and knock first. After a few moments, her mother answered the door.
Rajani dressed in a white overcoat and general accessories.

“Forgot your keys?” Was the first thing out of her mom’s mouth, who had an amused expression.

“What? I can’t come by for a visit?” Usha jested with a wide smile and opened wings before stepping inside. She was quick to make herself comfortable and headed to the living room, laying claim to the couch as she laid across it. After closing the door, her mother joined her as well in the beanbag next to the couch.

“Your father went on a walk with Cavin and Evniki, Cloudleap tagged along too I believe,” Rajani spoke, glancing at an open book on the table in the center of the room. She put a bookmark in it and shut it, the cover revealing it was a book written by a dragon named Reventri about elemental influence on hatchlings. Those books were like holy scriptures to Usha during her medical classes. Her mother noticed her looking at it. “Ah- your medical training is all wrapped up now, right?”

Usha nodded with a sigh. “Three long years, and it’s finally done. I’m not sure what I’ll do with all my freetime now.”

“You’re certainly getting a start with locking yourself out of your house.” Her mom mused. It seemed like she was not going to let Usha live down her bad habits. “Anyways, I have something to show you, let me grab it.”

Usha patiently waited on the couch while her mother walked off and down the hallway to her room. With not much else to look at, she grabbed the book and flipped through it. It was filled to the brim with explanations on eggs, incubation, and the influencing of elemental alignments. While Reventri had published only a few books about her studies in the elements of dragons, they still had a bunch of information despite the fact the author was still studying all of it to the present day. In fact, Usha actually was looking forward to Reventri’s next publication compared to everything else she had read. Then again, it helps that the element side of things is much more fun to study about than anatomy.

“Here we are,” her mom’s voice snapped her out of her thoughts, watching as a large piece of paper was laid out on the table. Usha set the book off to the side as she looked over the drawing on it.

“Oh!” Usha was quick to recognize it as a blueprint for some sort of medical building. She and her mother had been talking about it as of recently, and about how it might be a nice addition if the pack were to get any larger. “Is this the final thing?”

“For the most part,” Rajani spoke, looking over it again. Then, she pointed at a section off to the left side of the building. “That’s a hatchery section, I talked with Nocturna and she convinced me to add it. Although its size might get cut in half depending on how well Borealis takes a liking to the general size- it’s probably not going to be good.”

“It looks good, at least,” Usha responded, looking over the rest of the sections. There was a waiting room, storage for medical supplies, then of course a large room to treat patients in as well as individual rooms off the side for more privacy. It was… a decent size, especially considering the Lycan Pack didn’t have that many dragons, but hey there’s something called ‘planning ahead’ and it might be beneficial for them. Even if Borealis doesn’t like the large addition currently. “You think you can convince her?”

“Ha!” Her mother laughed. “Probably not on my own, hence why I got Nocturna dragged into the planning as well. She has her tactics.”

“And you say all my mischief came from dad,” Usha scoffed.

“You two are just on another level of it,” Rajani smiled, ruffling up the feathers on Usha’s head. “Way more devious than me.”

Well, I can certainly trust Usha to punch a hole in my writer's block. There's just some characters that I can write about at like any time, and she's one of them.

And bonus content: an MS paint doodle of the layout of the medical building. Imagine this but in higher quality and on paper and this is basically what was on the blueprint. I did this a few days ago when I got a sudden idea for the layout and have yet to redraw it like I've been meaning to.
NufO9nm.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/13#post_54855036]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=5][b][u]Twenty-Six and Counting[/u][/b][/size] 4 Crepulus 3590[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36808692][img alt="Usha dressed in blue and black clothing with an orange overcoat and an orange flower crown on her head."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36808692&skin=0&apparel=29221,35519,12898,26853,6022,23723,18789,17286,27984&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] One of the last few boxes was settled on the shelf, Usha stretching her arms afterwards once she was sure the shelf wasn’t going to topple over anytime soon. The last three months or so were spent working on adding the medical building to the Lycan Pack, especially before winter would hit. It was mostly furnished by now, and the last of the money set aside for the building was being used to buy medical supplies and stock them in the back storage room. Most of it currently was just stuff you’d find in first aid kits. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35811588][img alt="Rajani dressed in a white overcoat and general accessories."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35811588&skin=0&apparel=23119,3284,21842,23737,19639,40437,26860&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “We’ll probably bolt down the shelves to be more stable soon,” her mother spoke as she walked over from the other side of the room, where she had just finished assembling the last shelf. She must’ve noticed Usha’s uncertainty. “Wouldn’t be bad,” she shrugged, glancing over at the door as two other dragons walked in with boxes under their wings. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36675755][img alt="Zephyr dressed in a blue robe and scarf with glasses on his face."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36675755&skin=0&apparel=6268,17910,9833,6022,24230,37365,37375,27142&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35805903][img alt="Ravine dressed in a green shawl and general accessories including a bag at the base of his tail."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35805903&skin=0&apparel=22168,23018,37393,37376,37366,27117,23089,23088&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “These are the last of them,” Zephyr spoke, setting down the box he was carrying once he got close to her. “How long will these last?” “If no one runs off and gets injured every other day, it’ll be a while.” Ravine answered, putting his box on the shelf where it belonged before grabbing the one Zephyr had and putting it up as well. Zephyr glanced at the shelf filled with boxes, then around the room, tilting his head. “So, like, how did we convince Borealis to allow us to build all of this?” “Lots of persuasion and bargaining from both of your parents,” Ravine gave Rajani a side-eye as he spoke. “It wasn’t [i]that[/i] much,” her mom tried to brush it off. Ravine gave her a small glare and she spoke again, her voice more quiet. “Okay, maybe it [i]was[/i].” Ravine smiled and let out an amused chuckle. “Either way, we have it now. Only time will tell just how much we end up using it.” “It certainly is a lot of space,” Zephyr half-heartedly agreed. There were around thirteen individual smaller rooms, and not to mention the larger medical bay could be easily sectioned off into rooms as well. Or the hatchery or waiting room or staff room- “Then again… yeah I guess it’s good- wait, how many dragons is the Pack up to?” “Twenty-six.” Ravine replied. Next to him, Rajani’s eyes widened. “I keep forgetting it’s always more than I think it is. Soon enough the current teens will have families of their own, meaning even more dragons…” “[i]Oooo[/i] you’re getting [i]old[/i],” Usha teased with a wide grin. Rajani scoffed, grabbing Usha’s head and ruffling her feathers playfully. “Oh, don’t remind me. I’m not even [i]that[/i] old yet!” ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/13#post_54903177]Next[/url][/center] ----- [size=2]Pinglist: @Petall[/size] ----- It's my birthday today and college starts soon, so I'm quickly getting this in between all the chaos. Updated map of the cliff w/ the medical building. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/u4heSF2.png[/img][/center]

Twenty-Six and Counting
4 Crepulus 3590

Usha dressed in blue and black clothing with an orange overcoat and an orange flower crown on her head.

One of the last few boxes was settled on the shelf, Usha stretching her arms afterwards once she was sure the shelf wasn’t going to topple over anytime soon. The last three months or so were spent working on adding the medical building to the Lycan Pack, especially before winter would hit. It was mostly furnished by now, and the last of the money set aside for the building was being used to buy medical supplies and stock them in the back storage room. Most of it currently was just stuff you’d find in first aid kits.

“We’ll probably bolt down the shelves to be more stable soon,” her mother spoke as she walked over from the other side of the room, where she had just finished assembling the last shelf. She must’ve noticed Usha’s uncertainty.

“Wouldn’t be bad,” she shrugged, glancing over at the door as two other dragons walked in with boxes under their wings.
Zephyr dressed in a blue robe and scarf with glasses on his face.

Ravine dressed in a green shawl and general accessories including a bag at the base of his tail.

“These are the last of them,” Zephyr spoke, setting down the box he was carrying once he got close to her. “How long will these last?”

“If no one runs off and gets injured every other day, it’ll be a while.” Ravine answered, putting his box on the shelf where it belonged before grabbing the one Zephyr had and putting it up as well.

Zephyr glanced at the shelf filled with boxes, then around the room, tilting his head. “So, like, how did we convince Borealis to allow us to build all of this?”

“Lots of persuasion and bargaining from both of your parents,” Ravine gave Rajani a side-eye as he spoke.

“It wasn’t that much,” her mom tried to brush it off. Ravine gave her a small glare and she spoke again, her voice more quiet. “Okay, maybe it was.”

Ravine smiled and let out an amused chuckle. “Either way, we have it now. Only time will tell just how much we end up using it.”

“It certainly is a lot of space,” Zephyr half-heartedly agreed. There were around thirteen individual smaller rooms, and not to mention the larger medical bay could be easily sectioned off into rooms as well. Or the hatchery or waiting room or staff room- “Then again… yeah I guess it’s good- wait, how many dragons is the Pack up to?”

“Twenty-six.” Ravine replied.

Next to him, Rajani’s eyes widened. “I keep forgetting it’s always more than I think it is. Soon enough the current teens will have families of their own, meaning even more dragons…”

Oooo you’re getting old,” Usha teased with a wide grin.

Rajani scoffed, grabbing Usha’s head and ruffling her feathers playfully. “Oh, don’t remind me. I’m not even that old yet!”

It's my birthday today and college starts soon, so I'm quickly getting this in between all the chaos.

Updated map of the cliff w/ the medical building.
u4heSF2.png
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you are having a fantastic day! Also, it's so cool to see the clan growing, the plans for the medical building look amazing! This is one of the fun parts of the beginning stages of clans - seeing all the infrastructure come together and numbers increase!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you are having a fantastic day! Also, it's so cool to see the clan growing, the plans for the medical building look amazing! This is one of the fun parts of the beginning stages of clans - seeing all the infrastructure come together and numbers increase!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Thanks! I sure did have a good day! It's definitely satisfying to see it all come together, especially with the little map as buildings get added on so you can see it visually change.
@Petall Thanks! I sure did have a good day! It's definitely satisfying to see it all come together, especially with the little map as buildings get added on so you can see it visually change.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/13#post_54880686]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=5][b][u]Winter Reminisces[/u][/b][/size] 26 Celevis 3590[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35812095][img alt="Cloudleap dressed yellow clothing and minimal armor with a few bags."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35812095&skin=0&apparel=6274,12901,26872,16233,37392,37378,17905,26873,34196,37368,26855&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Snow had freshly fallen upon the land overnight, adding to the many layers that made the ground buried several tail-lengths deep. Fortunately, most of the underlayers compacted, allowing for one to walk atop it without falling through and being lost to the maws of winter. Despite its fluffy and delicate appearance, the snow and general air was blisteringly cold. Cloudleap curled his tail over his talons as breath escaped from his nose, forming little clouds in the air before dissipating. Around him were Leafdrop, Nocturna, and Rajani, as they watched all the younger dragons down below, embracing the cold- unlike them. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35803170][img alt="Nocturna dressed in a night-sky dress and purple accessories."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35803170&skin=0&apparel=15719,15702,28775,15273,26138,22823,22680,24230&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35807548][img alt="Leafdrop dressed in a green overcoat with general green clothing."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35807548&skin=0&apparel=21805,366,12900,52285,34633,12921,12928,12935,13842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35811588][img alt="Rajani dressed in a white overcoat and general accessories."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35811588&skin=0&apparel=23119,3284,21842,23737,19639,40437,26860&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “They’re just growing up too fast,” Nocturna sighed wistfully, breaking their silence as she brushed off a few stray piles of snow from the wooden platform. “Mhm,” Leafdrop quietly agreed. Under his clothes, his feathers were mostly puffed up to keep himself warm. Cloudleap couldn’t help but feel jealous, noticing that Leaf seemed to have more fluff than he did, which meant more warmth. “Remember when it was just us? And Spirit and Irani of course, but you know what I mean.” “And then we decided to have children, not anticipating the chaos,” Rajani crackled a smile. “It’s hard to believe our [i]grandchildren[/i] are nearly grown up as well!” Nocturna had a grin on her face. She always seemed happy with the ever-growing family she now had. Considering how she had arrived here as a hatchling all those years ago, Cloudleap supposed she’d cherish family as much as possible. “And who knows how much further the tree will grow,” as he spoke, Cloudleap looked back down at the group below. Even if they were teenagers, they could still get themselves into trouble and need help, hence why they were out here watching over them. Fortunately, they seemed to be doing just fine on their own. “Oh, my mom is going to be [i]overjoyed[/i],” Nocturna snarked, her voice overflowing with sarcasm like a rushing river. “I think we pushed her to the limits with everyone down below. Not sure how happy she is going to be when the children want homes of their own built.” “You certainly found a way with the medical building,” Cloudleap noted, his gaze falling down the wooden path to his right. The aforementioned building was down a little ways in the cliffside, the parts of the roof that were sticking out were still covered in snow that had to be cleared off. He should probably go do that at some point. “Eh,” Rajani gave a tentative shrug. “Guess so, but even that was a bit of a battle. How about [i]you[/i] try asking her for several homes instead of a hospital and see how she responds?” Cloudleap shuddered- both from the cold and at the [i]idea[/i] of dealing with an angry Borealis. “Yeah, no thanks.” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/knqlqwisz13juz9/icemidsmall2.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38454840][img alt="Ciana dressed in red clothing for cold weather."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38454840&skin=0&apparel=20574,47013,13080,17904,23715,35200,35192,35209,349,310&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38090953][img alt="Nyx dressed in purple and red clothing for cold weather."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38090953&skin=0&apparel=20574,27133,21866,3291,17908,21868,34164,26878,21870,20597&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Oh they’re watching us,” Ciana hissed, ducking back behind their compacted wall of snow. They looked over to their side, where Nyx had created a pile of snowballs. A little ways away from them was another fort carved in the snow that Kashin, Zamir, and Rizu were sheltered in. Ciana wasn’t fully sure how they got to this point, but they were in a snow war now. “Can you even throw that far?” Nyx asked, clearly doubting them, while holding a snowball and looking at it, as if it would tell her the answer. “Absolutely” Ciana smirked as she snatched the snowball out of Nyx’s hand, who hadn’t been expecting it. The gloves on their paws helped to keep them warm despite all the cold around them. Not to mention, their running about has helped keep them warm. Jumping up onto one of the makeshift snow walls, she flared open her wings to balance herself, a snowball still grasped in her paw. “HEY! KASHIN! I found this cool meteorite!” Even from their distance, she clearly heard an exclamation. “WHAT?” Ciana was pretty sure there were shouts of protest from the other two while Kashin scrambled up onto their snowy outpost, eyes wide. It was a cruel trick, [i]sure[/i], but effective. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38723167][img alt="Kashin dressed in a brown clothing for cold weather."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38723167&skin=0&apparel=26889,2761,20593,21844,6031,21849,21822,20597&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Before Kashin realized that in their hand was, in fact, not a rock from space, the snowball was already in his face. They stumbled back, nearly falling off the snow-brick tower as they yelled out. She snickered at his response, watching as Kashin scrambled back down into their own bunker. “See? Told yo-” They started to brag, turning their head only to see Nyx had been mid-bite of a snowball. There were a few seconds of silence and staring. “... you’re eating our AMMO?!” “I was thirsty!” Nyx protested, tossing the half-consumed snowball behind her back and forever lost in the outside snowy plains. “Then go get water from inside!” Ciana argued back, one of their wings opening and beckoning towards the wooden platforms in the looming cliff face before them. “Don’t you know how much weird bacteria is-” Ciana wasn’t able to finish before her face was hit by a snowball with so much force that it knocked her off the snow wall and back down into the bunker, next to Nyx. They unburied their head and shook off the powdered snow that had gotten onto them. With an angry huff, they got back to their paws, eyes alight with ambition. Nyx handed over a pristine, non-half-eaten snowball without a second comment. “Here.” The snowball was immediately snatched out of her talons, Ciana looking back up at their snow wall. She brushed off the whole thing with Nyx eating snow, now focused on nothing but vengeance. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/knqlqwisz13juz9/icemidsmall2.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37836924][img alt="Evniki dressed in black and teal clothing for cold weather."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=37836924&skin=0&apparel=26866,12902,35202,20573,21850,35210,6021,6029,26867,26871&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38383804][img alt="Cavin dressed in black clothing for cold weather."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38383804&skin=0&apparel=20560,12923,12930,21846,308,20576,23743&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “How long before you think we’re going to get dragged in?” Cavin rolled his eyes at the sight of the snowball fight. “No clue,” Evniki sighed, not really paying attention herself. The two cousins were closer to the cliffside, some ways away from the open field of snow where the war was taking place. Cavin tilted his head, looking at her. “Why haven’t you joined them yet? Snowball wars are up your alley.” “Not feeling it,” she shrugged, glancing at her talons. Admittedly, she was half-lost in thoughts, unable to think clearly like she usually does. It was all just kind of… murky. The antenna of his curled inquisitively. “What’s wrong?” “I dunno,” she murmured, glancing up at the bright winter scenery all around them. In the distance, albeit hard to make out amongst the snow, was Razili. She was near the treeline, staring into the forest of trees with bare leaves. “It’s just- I think I like… [i]like[/i] Razili, ya know?” There was silence, Cavin looking up at Razili as well. “... so, a crush?” “Yeah, I guess so,” Evniki fidgeted, drawing random lines in the snow beneath her with her talons. “I’ve just been thinking a lot about what it’d be like if we dated one another.” “Then why not just go ask?” Cavin suggested. Evniki blinked a few times, glancing over at him. “Right now?” “Mhm,” he responded, confused by her own confusion. “I mean- you said you liked her, right?” “Yes but-” “Then just go up and ask.” Cavin gave her a gentle shove, causing her to get to her talons to regain balance. “It won’t kill you.” There were a few more seconds, Evniki standing there, hesitant on moving her legs. With a bit of self-motivation, she slowly moved one foot. Then another. Soon enough she was walking away from Cavin and in the general direction of Razili. Then, she was making bounding leaps over towards her. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/knqlqwisz13juz9/icemidsmall2.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38669139][img alt="Razili dressed in red, white, and pink clothing for cold weather."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38669139&skin=0&apparel=47015,26874,20608,20607,34172,26877,34168,28376,23736&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37836924][img alt="Evniki dressed in black and teal clothing for cold weather."]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=37836924&skin=0&apparel=26866,12902,35202,20573,21850,35210,6021,6029,26867,26871&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Razili turned her head, having heard someone calling for her. She was surprised to see Evniki rushing towards her, jumping through the snow like a fox. While watching her get closer, Evniki jumped onto an icy patch on top of the snow, slipping. She proceeded to tumble right into Razili, knocking her down and ending with both of them half-buried in the top layer of snow that wasn’t compacted or frozen. “Sorry!” Evniki exclaimed as Razili slowly rose out of the snow. Despite the apology, there was still a large grin on her face as she held back giggles. “It’s fine,” Razili smiled back, shaking off the leftover snow from her scales. “What was that all about though?” “Well, uh,” Evniki’s face seemed to redden a bit more, although she chalked it up to being the cold. After all, they both just got a face full of snow. “See- like, have you ever thought about dating?” “... what?” One of Razili’s eyebrows raised, giving Evniki a perplexed look. She wasn’t sure what she heard was… right. “Like- you and me- date?” Evniki’s speech sped up as she tried to get all the words out in a single breath. It… admittedly it took her way too long to figure out what she meant. “Oh… OH. Like- like partners?” Evniki nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah! Like girlfriend and girlfriend!” Immediately, she started to feel a heat rise to her face, and her own voice started to speed up. “I mean- I hadn’t really thought about it, but sure!” “Great!” The other teen grinned, the two having silence between them to catch their breaths. Evniki turned her head towards the snowball fight going on, the two separate forts now sharing constant snowball fire. It looked like Cavin had joined in at some point, now on the same side as Kashin and the other two. “Wanna go join them? Nyx and Ciana are outnumbered.” “[i]Absolutely[/i],” Razili smirked, ruffling up her wings. “Let’s target Zamir, it’d be funny.” “Oohhh he’s going to [i]hate[/i] us.” Evniki laughed, and Razili couldn’t help but notice her heart beat just a [i]little[/i] bit faster from it. “I’m in.” ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2990888/14#post_54930538]Next[/url][/center] ----- [size=2]Pinglist: @Petall[/size] ----- A combo of wanting to check up on the teens + wanting to write a winter scene inspired this one. And what better way than a snowball fight? Also Evniki x Razili my beloved.

Winter Reminisces
26 Celevis 3590

Cloudleap dressed yellow clothing and minimal armor with a few bags.

Snow had freshly fallen upon the land overnight, adding to the many layers that made the ground buried several tail-lengths deep. Fortunately, most of the underlayers compacted, allowing for one to walk atop it without falling through and being lost to the maws of winter. Despite its fluffy and delicate appearance, the snow and general air was blisteringly cold. Cloudleap curled his tail over his talons as breath escaped from his nose, forming little clouds in the air before dissipating. Around him were Leafdrop, Nocturna, and Rajani, as they watched all the younger dragons down below, embracing the cold- unlike them.
Nocturna dressed in a night-sky dress and purple accessories.

Leafdrop dressed in a green overcoat with general green clothing.

“They’re just growing up too fast,” Nocturna sighed wistfully, breaking their silence as she brushed off a few stray piles of snow from the wooden platform.

“Mhm,” Leafdrop quietly agreed. Under his clothes, his feathers were mostly puffed up to keep himself warm. Cloudleap couldn’t help but feel jealous, noticing that Leaf seemed to have more fluff than he did, which meant more warmth. “Remember when it was just us? And Spirit and Irani of course, but you know what I mean.”

“And then we decided to have children, not anticipating the chaos,” Rajani crackled a smile.

“It’s hard to believe our grandchildren are nearly grown up as well!” Nocturna had a grin on her face. She always seemed happy with the ever-growing family she now had. Considering how she had arrived here as a hatchling all those years ago, Cloudleap supposed she’d cherish family as much as possible.

“And who knows how much further the tree will grow,” as he spoke, Cloudleap looked back down at the group below. Even if they were teenagers, they could still get themselves into trouble and need help, hence why they were out here watching over them. Fortunately, they seemed to be doing just fine on their own.

“Oh, my mom is going to be overjoyed,” Nocturna snarked, her voice overflowing with sarcasm like a rushing river. “I think we pushed her to the limits with everyone down below. Not sure how happy she is going to be when the children want homes of their own built.”

“You certainly found a way with the medical building,” Cloudleap noted, his gaze falling down the wooden path to his right. The aforementioned building was down a little ways in the cliffside, the parts of the roof that were sticking out were still covered in snow that had to be cleared off. He should probably go do that at some point.

“Eh,” Rajani gave a tentative shrug. “Guess so, but even that was a bit of a battle. How about you try asking her for several homes instead of a hospital and see how she responds?”

Cloudleap shuddered- both from the cold and at the idea of dealing with an angry Borealis. “Yeah, no thanks.”

icemidsmall2.png

Ciana dressed in red clothing for cold weather.

Nyx dressed in purple and red clothing for cold weather.

“Oh they’re watching us,” Ciana hissed, ducking back behind their compacted wall of snow. They looked over to their side, where Nyx had created a pile of snowballs. A little ways away from them was another fort carved in the snow that Kashin, Zamir, and Rizu were sheltered in. Ciana wasn’t fully sure how they got to this point, but they were in a snow war now.

“Can you even throw that far?” Nyx asked, clearly doubting them, while holding a snowball and looking at it, as if it would tell her the answer.

“Absolutely” Ciana smirked as she snatched the snowball out of Nyx’s hand, who hadn’t been expecting it. The gloves on their paws helped to keep them warm despite all the cold around them. Not to mention, their running about has helped keep them warm. Jumping up onto one of the makeshift snow walls, she flared open her wings to balance herself, a snowball still grasped in her paw. “HEY! KASHIN! I found this cool meteorite!”

Even from their distance, she clearly heard an exclamation. “WHAT?” Ciana was pretty sure there were shouts of protest from the other two while Kashin scrambled up onto their snowy outpost, eyes wide. It was a cruel trick, sure, but effective.
Kashin dressed in a brown clothing for cold weather.

Before Kashin realized that in their hand was, in fact, not a rock from space, the snowball was already in his face. They stumbled back, nearly falling off the snow-brick tower as they yelled out. She snickered at his response, watching as Kashin scrambled back down into their own bunker.

“See? Told yo-” They started to brag, turning their head only to see Nyx had been mid-bite of a snowball. There were a few seconds of silence and staring. “... you’re eating our AMMO?!”

“I was thirsty!” Nyx protested, tossing the half-consumed snowball behind her back and forever lost in the outside snowy plains.

“Then go get water from inside!” Ciana argued back, one of their wings opening and beckoning towards the wooden platforms in the looming cliff face before them. “Don’t you know how much weird bacteria is-”

Ciana wasn’t able to finish before her face was hit by a snowball with so much force that it knocked her off the snow wall and back down into the bunker, next to Nyx. They unburied their head and shook off the powdered snow that had gotten onto them. With an angry huff, they got back to their paws, eyes alight with ambition.

Nyx handed over a pristine, non-half-eaten snowball without a second comment. “Here.”

The snowball was immediately snatched out of her talons, Ciana looking back up at their snow wall. She brushed off the whole thing with Nyx eating snow, now focused on nothing but vengeance.

icemidsmall2.png

Evniki dressed in black and teal clothing for cold weather.

Cavin dressed in black clothing for cold weather.

“How long before you think we’re going to get dragged in?” Cavin rolled his eyes at the sight of the snowball fight.

“No clue,” Evniki sighed, not really paying attention herself. The two cousins were closer to the cliffside, some ways away from the open field of snow where the war was taking place.

Cavin tilted his head, looking at her. “Why haven’t you joined them yet? Snowball wars are up your alley.”

“Not feeling it,” she shrugged, glancing at her talons. Admittedly, she was half-lost in thoughts, unable to think clearly like she usually does. It was all just kind of… murky.

The antenna of his curled inquisitively. “What’s wrong?”

“I dunno,” she murmured, glancing up at the bright winter scenery all around them. In the distance, albeit hard to make out amongst the snow, was Razili. She was near the treeline, staring into the forest of trees with bare leaves. “It’s just- I think I like… like Razili, ya know?”

There was silence, Cavin looking up at Razili as well. “... so, a crush?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Evniki fidgeted, drawing random lines in the snow beneath her with her talons. “I’ve just been thinking a lot about what it’d be like if we dated one another.”

“Then why not just go ask?” Cavin suggested.

Evniki blinked a few times, glancing over at him. “Right now?”

“Mhm,” he responded, confused by her own confusion. “I mean- you said you liked her, right?”

“Yes but-”

“Then just go up and ask.” Cavin gave her a gentle shove, causing her to get to her talons to regain balance. “It won’t kill you.”

There were a few more seconds, Evniki standing there, hesitant on moving her legs. With a bit of self-motivation, she slowly moved one foot. Then another. Soon enough she was walking away from Cavin and in the general direction of Razili. Then, she was making bounding leaps over towards her.

icemidsmall2.png

Razili dressed in red, white, and pink clothing for cold weather.

Evniki dressed in black and teal clothing for cold weather.

Razili turned her head, having heard someone calling for her. She was surprised to see Evniki rushing towards her, jumping through the snow like a fox. While watching her get closer, Evniki jumped onto an icy patch on top of the snow, slipping. She proceeded to tumble right into Razili, knocking her down and ending with both of them half-buried in the top layer of snow that wasn’t compacted or frozen.

“Sorry!” Evniki exclaimed as Razili slowly rose out of the snow. Despite the apology, there was still a large grin on her face as she held back giggles.

“It’s fine,” Razili smiled back, shaking off the leftover snow from her scales. “What was that all about though?”

“Well, uh,” Evniki’s face seemed to redden a bit more, although she chalked it up to being the cold. After all, they both just got a face full of snow. “See- like, have you ever thought about dating?”

“... what?” One of Razili’s eyebrows raised, giving Evniki a perplexed look. She wasn’t sure what she heard was… right.

“Like- you and me- date?” Evniki’s speech sped up as she tried to get all the words out in a single breath.

It… admittedly it took her way too long to figure out what she meant. “Oh… OH. Like- like partners?”

Evniki nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah! Like girlfriend and girlfriend!”

Immediately, she started to feel a heat rise to her face, and her own voice started to speed up. “I mean- I hadn’t really thought about it, but sure!”

“Great!” The other teen grinned, the two having silence between them to catch their breaths. Evniki turned her head towards the snowball fight going on, the two separate forts now sharing constant snowball fire. It looked like Cavin had joined in at some point, now on the same side as Kashin and the other two. “Wanna go join them? Nyx and Ciana are outnumbered.”

Absolutely,” Razili smirked, ruffling up her wings. “Let’s target Zamir, it’d be funny.”

“Oohhh he’s going to hate us.” Evniki laughed, and Razili couldn’t help but notice her heart beat just a little bit faster from it. “I’m in.”

A combo of wanting to check up on the teens + wanting to write a winter scene inspired this one. And what better way than a snowball fight? Also Evniki x Razili my beloved.
Oh, what a sweet chapter, between the reminiscing and the budding relationship and eating snow, I love it so much!
Oh, what a sweet chapter, between the reminiscing and the budding relationship and eating snow, I love it so much!
@Petall It was so fun to write too, just everyone's little shenanigans while getting to see a bit of who they are before they grow up.
@Petall It was so fun to write too, just everyone's little shenanigans while getting to see a bit of who they are before they grow up.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17