Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New breed
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Recallback" date="2024-04-03 16:20:34" ] Tbh I'm not expecting a new breed until they fix the Auraboa lore, because otherwise how are they gonna devote their full attention to a new release and this desperately needed rewrite? [/quote] What's wrong with auraboa lore? I read the story and it seems to be fine?
Recallback wrote on 2024-04-03 16:20:34:
Tbh I'm not expecting a new breed until they fix the Auraboa lore, because otherwise how are they gonna devote their full attention to a new release and this desperately needed rewrite?

What's wrong with auraboa lore? I read the story and it seems to be fine?
8-BADFBF9-7-B11-4-F4-E-A48-C-0-FD2320-DF1-F8.png
@RallraxAuri

The Auraboa lore portrayed some traits and ideas that are commonly used in anti-Indigenous rhetoric.
I'd be happy to explain in private messages to avoid cluttering the topic if needed!
@RallraxAuri

The Auraboa lore portrayed some traits and ideas that are commonly used in anti-Indigenous rhetoric.
I'd be happy to explain in private messages to avoid cluttering the topic if needed!
A fake clickbait from Flight Rising's 2016 April Fool's event.  This image changes on refresh.
@Tropius sure I would be interested in hearing about this thanks :)
@Tropius sure I would be interested in hearing about this thanks :)
8-BADFBF9-7-B11-4-F4-E-A48-C-0-FD2320-DF1-F8.png
I honestly have no idea. I think the staff has been taking everyone's criticisms to heart though and might be taking their time on the next one. An overwhelming majority (myself included) really have made it clear that three ancients a year is too much. I think two a year would be plenty and give the artists more time to work out the details.

It could be sometime soon or a couple of months from now. Time will tell, I guess.
I honestly have no idea. I think the staff has been taking everyone's criticisms to heart though and might be taking their time on the next one. An overwhelming majority (myself included) really have made it clear that three ancients a year is too much. I think two a year would be plenty and give the artists more time to work out the details.

It could be sometime soon or a couple of months from now. Time will tell, I guess.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I expect it to be in May/June at the earliest, especially if its the Light ancient. Though I think others are right, that its delayed due to the Auraboa lore and ongoing gene errors, so it may be later than that.
I expect it to be in May/June at the earliest, especially if its the Light ancient. Though I think others are right, that its delayed due to the Auraboa lore and ongoing gene errors, so it may be later than that.
Sulli | He/Him | Adult | Pings Allowed
See profile for other information.
i need at least a few more months personally @ _@

ive got so many projects backed up from trying to gene and get a bunch of the newer breeds... i'd like a good long break to get all my current projects taken care of before getting new dragons to worry about.

and like it was said before, they gotta get the re-written auraboa lore out there before worrying about a new breed.
i need at least a few more months personally @ _@

ive got so many projects backed up from trying to gene and get a bunch of the newer breeds... i'd like a good long break to get all my current projects taken care of before getting new dragons to worry about.

and like it was said before, they gotta get the re-written auraboa lore out there before worrying about a new breed.
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | professional fun-haver :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
yeah, 3 breed per year is crazy, i couldn't keep up at all. hopefully they'll take their time this year!
yeah, 3 breed per year is crazy, i couldn't keep up at all. hopefully they'll take their time this year!
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
Do we really NEED a new breed each year, let alone more than one? Personally, I find it looses the appeal the more we get but also it's very overwhelming.

A whole new breed comes with lots of genes, and then there's more bulk in the AH, and more space taken up in lairs + nests. I mean, it's a lot. I have only just started with Ancients, and it's already a lot of content. A dragon breed is a HUGE addition, and I think that gets brushed over a bit the more people get used to the releases.

I would rather we wait, so the hype is real and we're more prepared to tackle these new projects etc. But in all honesty... can we maybe not have any new ancients for a while? The three last year are enough to last us some time.

I understand that a modern breed also requires the apparel art etc, but I would really love a new modern breed for a change. If they spend 2 year working on it, I'd still be thrilled to get one. If it's not for the clothing art job involved, why would the new ones have to be ancient?

Having a lot of thoughts on this, and just feeling like 3 a year was too much... but even the thought of 1 a year is a lot of dragons on a regular basis. The more we get, the harder things are to juggle + the less appeal a new breed will receive. Whole new dragon breeds aren't something we should "get used to" y'know?
Do we really NEED a new breed each year, let alone more than one? Personally, I find it looses the appeal the more we get but also it's very overwhelming.

A whole new breed comes with lots of genes, and then there's more bulk in the AH, and more space taken up in lairs + nests. I mean, it's a lot. I have only just started with Ancients, and it's already a lot of content. A dragon breed is a HUGE addition, and I think that gets brushed over a bit the more people get used to the releases.

I would rather we wait, so the hype is real and we're more prepared to tackle these new projects etc. But in all honesty... can we maybe not have any new ancients for a while? The three last year are enough to last us some time.

I understand that a modern breed also requires the apparel art etc, but I would really love a new modern breed for a change. If they spend 2 year working on it, I'd still be thrilled to get one. If it's not for the clothing art job involved, why would the new ones have to be ancient?

Having a lot of thoughts on this, and just feeling like 3 a year was too much... but even the thought of 1 a year is a lot of dragons on a regular basis. The more we get, the harder things are to juggle + the less appeal a new breed will receive. Whole new dragon breeds aren't something we should "get used to" y'know?
I enjoy getting new breeds! I feel like they've implemented a better system for gene errors and I'm always happy with new dragon types.
I enjoy getting new breeds! I feel like they've implemented a better system for gene errors and I'm always happy with new dragon types.
tumblr_oc1hsaWFm91v8zj2wo1_400.gif
[quote name="@KSH" date="2024-04-03 21:53:16" ] I understand that a modern breed also requires the apparel art etc, but I would really love a new modern breed for a change. If they spend 2 year working on it, I'd still be thrilled to get one. If it's not for the clothing art job involved, why would the new ones have to be ancient?[/quote] Ancients were created specifically because modern releases take a very long time (the gap between the two most recent moderns is five years iirc), in large part due to the demand of drawing hundreds of apparel pieces like you mentioned. There actually is a new modern breed in the works I believe, but for aforementioned reasons it probably won’t be released for a while (hence ancients are released to provide new breeds in the meantime).
@KSH wrote on 2024-04-03 21:53:16:
Ancients were created specifically because modern releases take a very long time (the gap between the two most recent moderns is five years iirc), in large part due to the demand of drawing hundreds of apparel pieces like you mentioned. There actually is a new modern breed in the works I believe, but for aforementioned reasons it probably won’t be released for a while (hence ancients are released to provide new breeds in the meantime).
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
1 2 3 4