Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you choose names for dragons?
1 2 3 4
complete name anarchy, it changes from dragon to dragon if there's even a theme at all. and of course that's assuming they even have a name (names hard </3)
complete name anarchy, it changes from dragon to dragon if there's even a theme at all. and of course that's assuming they even have a name (names hard </3)
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
I look at a dragon and wait for the perfect name to pop into my head. There's no theme, only vibes. I'll have a dragon named after a god, and in the same tab will be another dragon named after a food. So long as the vibe of the name fits the vibe of the dragon, it works! Or if I'm completely dry for ideas, sometimes I'll mash the "Randomize" button until I see something I like or something I can tweak to my personal tastes.

Names aren't something of grand importance to me. Scrolls of Renaming are so cheap, and I can easily go back and rename a dragon if I feel I have to.
I look at a dragon and wait for the perfect name to pop into my head. There's no theme, only vibes. I'll have a dragon named after a god, and in the same tab will be another dragon named after a food. So long as the vibe of the name fits the vibe of the dragon, it works! Or if I'm completely dry for ideas, sometimes I'll mash the "Randomize" button until I see something I like or something I can tweak to my personal tastes.

Names aren't something of grand importance to me. Scrolls of Renaming are so cheap, and I can easily go back and rename a dragon if I feel I have to.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
I hit the randomize button untill I get a name I like. Either that, or I name the dragon after a character in some media I enjoy :)
I hit the randomize button untill I get a name I like. Either that, or I name the dragon after a character in some media I enjoy :)
I don't know how to talk to people, sorry. :(
My dragons are all characters (or parts) from Shakespeare.

I'm not even a huge Shakespeare buff or anything-- there's just a lot of names, and they've got fun style.

My dragons are all characters (or parts) from Shakespeare.

I'm not even a huge Shakespeare buff or anything-- there's just a lot of names, and they've got fun style.

I spam the randomise button until I come across a name I like, I used to search up names but then I got lazy lmao

Very rarely will I come up with a name on my own accord rather than it being decided by the randomise button
I spam the randomise button until I come across a name I like, I used to search up names but then I got lazy lmao

Very rarely will I come up with a name on my own accord rather than it being decided by the randomise button
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
google translate, (not) simple words, and large naming list i made one day + a bunch of different specific stuff
google translate, (not) simple words, and large naming list i made one day + a bunch of different specific stuff
NcRl9aq.png
I mostly used the random generator until I found a nice name, but lately I started to use funny names of objects around me - first food I was eating the day the dragon was hatched, then - important words from my favorite computer language :D
Meet Integer, String, Pointer, Function and Procedure - all of them are nice but also a little unsure to what the life is reading for them to be named such...)
I mostly used the random generator until I found a nice name, but lately I started to use funny names of objects around me - first food I was eating the day the dragon was hatched, then - important words from my favorite computer language :D
Meet Integer, String, Pointer, Function and Procedure - all of them are nice but also a little unsure to what the life is reading for them to be named such...)
Pretty Gen1 for sale
Already on AH!
All of our dragons' names are minerals with the exception of fodder and fandragons lol
We also put our fandragon names in all caps because it just feels nicer to our brain for some reason
All of our dragons' names are minerals with the exception of fodder and fandragons lol
We also put our fandragon names in all caps because it just feels nicer to our brain for some reason
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-04-03 07:09:58" ] - Fantasy keysmash [/quote] Pretty much this, as well as looking it up to see if it's not an actual word (don't want to accidentally offend those who speak another language!)
Achaius wrote on 2024-04-03 07:09:58:
- Fantasy keysmash
Pretty much this, as well as looking it up to see if it's not an actual word (don't want to accidentally offend those who speak another language!)
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
I mostly name my dragons by what sounds cool. Though, recently, I’ve become quite fond of taking names from different real world languages (Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, et cetera)

For my Chinese-coded fire kingdom, all the names are written in pinyin. I have to get a little more specific when I name these guys since Chinese names have a few rules

Edit: also wanted to mention I really like looking up the perfect name for my dragons. It’s always cool to find a name you might like on, say, behind the name, then go on an internet-wide search for sources to corroborate the meaning and use of the name. Dopamine go brrr
I mostly name my dragons by what sounds cool. Though, recently, I’ve become quite fond of taking names from different real world languages (Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, et cetera)

For my Chinese-coded fire kingdom, all the names are written in pinyin. I have to get a little more specific when I name these guys since Chinese names have a few rules

Edit: also wanted to mention I really like looking up the perfect name for my dragons. It’s always cool to find a name you might like on, say, behind the name, then go on an internet-wide search for sources to corroborate the meaning and use of the name. Dopamine go brrr
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
1 2 3 4