Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video Games To Play While Sick?
1 2 3
@DeathbyPixelz Ah shoot. I can't wear headphones... I would love to get surround sound one day though, that's been a background want for me for a while.

I slapped it in my cart. XD Maybe I can try again for that one achievement in the original too one day. It was the Rush Plortmaster achievement.

@Roxas1314 I never would of thought of a game like Powerwash simulator. This is one way to get curious I guess. XD
Spyro though! I platinumed all three on PSN. Maybe I could grab it on Steam and get all the achievements there too.
But I definitely have to pass on the Portal games for that exact reason. I also wish I felt well enough to play KH! Getting all the platinums for those games has been in my backlog for far too long.

So far my little collection is Worldbox, Slime Rancher 2, Spyro. Maybe Powerwash Simulator and Palia. Not bad!
@DeathbyPixelz Ah shoot. I can't wear headphones... I would love to get surround sound one day though, that's been a background want for me for a while.

I slapped it in my cart. XD Maybe I can try again for that one achievement in the original too one day. It was the Rush Plortmaster achievement.

@Roxas1314 I never would of thought of a game like Powerwash simulator. This is one way to get curious I guess. XD
Spyro though! I platinumed all three on PSN. Maybe I could grab it on Steam and get all the achievements there too.
But I definitely have to pass on the Portal games for that exact reason. I also wish I felt well enough to play KH! Getting all the platinums for those games has been in my backlog for far too long.

So far my little collection is Worldbox, Slime Rancher 2, Spyro. Maybe Powerwash Simulator and Palia. Not bad!
57351288p.png 80437372p.png LEpJMnn.png
kHBaXec.png
cdqdRxL.png
bX96R21.png
ll0CfnD.png
_____ 2VtxnMX.png
QUIpVFE.png
Pgv53XB.png
fRmh0SH.png
oczO35g.png
77147164p.png 48694802p.png
I'd recommend most of the Harvest Moon series if you have the patience for that kind of thing. It's not as complex as Stardew Valley, but I still love the series.
I'd recommend most of the Harvest Moon series if you have the patience for that kind of thing. It's not as complex as Stardew Valley, but I still love the series.
cSckuMi.png BqIFphl.png
I agree with others. While I'm sick, my concentration drops and I can't play smoothly, so I think it's good to watch streaming. I'm not sure about easy games because it's very subjective.
I agree with others. While I'm sick, my concentration drops and I can't play smoothly, so I think it's good to watch streaming. I'm not sure about easy games because it's very subjective.
-persona 3-5 bc the social links stuff is more casual and theres also difficulty settings for the combat
-for persona 3 the reload verson as the old version is kinda inaccessible
-there is a TON of dialogue in the games so idk if that part a problem or not
-you can do other activities too like crossword puzzles (5 only), fishing (4 & 5), reading books (4 & 5), playing videogames (i think only 5), going to restaurants/places/jobs, hanging out with your (in-game npc) friends
-probably some of the most casual rpgs ever lol (unless you choose higher combat difficulty than easy/beginner)(in 5 turning on beginner means you cant change to higher one and i heard it change some things)(beginner gives you extra lives so you respawn after dying and refill your health and i abused this feature in p3p and p4g looool letting my team die so i dont have to use the rare revive items)

minecraft on peaceful mode with keep inventory after death

animal crossing but the scorpion and tarantula are dangerous lol and fishing can be frustrating at least for me with the mosquitoes and the my impulsiveness

paleo pines its stardew valley with dinosaurs and is even more casual and laiidback than stardew valley (you dont drop your inventory if you stay up too late, there arent enemies to fight)

the cruel king and the hero (forgot name its the black dragon with gold crown and his adopted kid)

pokemon mystery dungeon or the older games with random encounters as being sick might mean you miss a overworld shiny (especially in scavio which doesnt have the shiny sound)
-persona 3-5 bc the social links stuff is more casual and theres also difficulty settings for the combat
-for persona 3 the reload verson as the old version is kinda inaccessible
-there is a TON of dialogue in the games so idk if that part a problem or not
-you can do other activities too like crossword puzzles (5 only), fishing (4 & 5), reading books (4 & 5), playing videogames (i think only 5), going to restaurants/places/jobs, hanging out with your (in-game npc) friends
-probably some of the most casual rpgs ever lol (unless you choose higher combat difficulty than easy/beginner)(in 5 turning on beginner means you cant change to higher one and i heard it change some things)(beginner gives you extra lives so you respawn after dying and refill your health and i abused this feature in p3p and p4g looool letting my team die so i dont have to use the rare revive items)

minecraft on peaceful mode with keep inventory after death

animal crossing but the scorpion and tarantula are dangerous lol and fishing can be frustrating at least for me with the mosquitoes and the my impulsiveness

paleo pines its stardew valley with dinosaurs and is even more casual and laiidback than stardew valley (you dont drop your inventory if you stay up too late, there arent enemies to fight)

the cruel king and the hero (forgot name its the black dragon with gold crown and his adopted kid)

pokemon mystery dungeon or the older games with random encounters as being sick might mean you miss a overworld shiny (especially in scavio which doesnt have the shiny sound)
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
@freshfoodmarket I have been watching videos. But I am also someone who can really only do that for so many days without going stir-crazy. There are games I feel I can play without much concentration though.
It's also interesting to just see the suggestions and maybe find new games in general even if I don't think they'll be easy for me while sick myself. So the subjective nature of suggestions doesn't matter to me if you have any.
(I am also a little scared about losing access to YouTube because it keeps warning me not to use an adblocker when I'm not using an adblocker. I report it constantly and nothing comes of it.)

@freshfoodmarket I have been watching videos. But I am also someone who can really only do that for so many days without going stir-crazy. There are games I feel I can play without much concentration though.
It's also interesting to just see the suggestions and maybe find new games in general even if I don't think they'll be easy for me while sick myself. So the subjective nature of suggestions doesn't matter to me if you have any.
(I am also a little scared about losing access to YouTube because it keeps warning me not to use an adblocker when I'm not using an adblocker. I report it constantly and nothing comes of it.)

57351288p.png 80437372p.png LEpJMnn.png
kHBaXec.png
cdqdRxL.png
bX96R21.png
ll0CfnD.png
_____ 2VtxnMX.png
QUIpVFE.png
Pgv53XB.png
fRmh0SH.png
oczO35g.png
77147164p.png 48694802p.png
I really like "A Short Hike" it's not a long game at all, the story is very wholesome, and the soundtrack is so so good for such a small game.

"Frog Detective" is a trio of games that are short, very satirical but really charming imo? I love them a lot lol. They require, like, very little focus and that's perfect for sickly days.

I really like "A Short Hike" it's not a long game at all, the story is very wholesome, and the soundtrack is so so good for such a small game.

"Frog Detective" is a trio of games that are short, very satirical but really charming imo? I love them a lot lol. They require, like, very little focus and that's perfect for sickly days.

rSvYfKQ.png Hatchery q2zMYvt.png
When I'm sick like that,I play the Kingdom games. Kingdom Classic, Kingdom New Lands, etc etc

Only need the left right and down arrow keys maybe left shift. No mouse, no wasd. Just left and right. It's a tower defense but a pretty easy one, minimal strategy but just enough to keep your brain engaged
When I'm sick like that,I play the Kingdom games. Kingdom Classic, Kingdom New Lands, etc etc

Only need the left right and down arrow keys maybe left shift. No mouse, no wasd. Just left and right. It's a tower defense but a pretty easy one, minimal strategy but just enough to keep your brain engaged
100_zeff_moff.pngboo.png OlZhFQA.png
moon remix RPG adventure... maybe. tho that one is a bit tricky at the beginning. but overall it's a chill experience.
Bug Fables
Paper Mario 64
moon remix RPG adventure... maybe. tho that one is a bit tricky at the beginning. but overall it's a chill experience.
Bug Fables
Paper Mario 64
underbelly stays winning

they/them | +2 FR time
I still find comfort in playing Minecraft or old Pokémon games while sick. I think Animal Crossing games are also pretty good.
I still find comfort in playing Minecraft or old Pokémon games while sick. I think Animal Crossing games are also pretty good.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
pokemon mystery dungeon DX my beloved
pokemon mystery dungeon DX my beloved
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
1 2 3