Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | UPDATE! Wind Advisory Warning Alert
1 2
I'm going to start off with all of this is tongue in cheek having to do with the local Mistral Jamboree event. Do not take this seriously. That aside... I couldn't help myself [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3920192] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/39202/3920192_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Wind Advisory Warning: Dragons Alert[/b] Attention All Dragons, Hold onto your scales! This is an urgent message from the Weather Station Monitor Dragons, regarding a wind advisory in effect. Urging all of our magnificent kin to batten down the hatches, and in some cases, wings! Prepare yourselves for a gusty affair as we're expecting some rather spirited winds to persist this week. It is imperative that all dragons take immediate action, It's time to channel your inner hoard-guarding instincts and secure anything that's not nailed down. We wouldn't want our precious treasures taking flight, now would we? We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and urge all dragons to exercise caution. In the spirit of camaraderie, here are a few reminders of what else those mischievous winds might bring: Aerial Acrobatics: While we're all for showing off our flying prowess, let's steer clear of impromptu skydives caused by unexpected gusts. Powerless Power Naps: Those howling winds might just decide to take a swipe at our power lines, so be prepared for some unscheduled snoozes if the electricity decides to take a vacation. Tree Tango: Keep an eye out for those dancing trees! They might be feeling a bit wobbly and could boogie their way into your lair if you're not careful. And last but certainly not least, we must sadly inform you that our eagerly anticipated hot air balloon extravaganza has been grounded for the week due to safety concerns arising from the adverse weather conditions. Although there is some wind dragons that have announced their daring do's, and will be the only one's, to our knowledge, taking their hot air balloon to the skies....Dieties help them. For your safety and the safety of others, please remain vigilant and take appropriate precautions until further notice. So, dear dragons, let's hunker down, hold onto our hats (if you have them), and ride out this blustery adventure together. Safety first, and let's keep those flames burning bright! Sincerely Yours in Weather-Watching, Porthos, Your Local Weather Station Monitor Dragons [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/972291][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/9723/972291_350.png[/img][/url] [Extreme Sports Podcaster, Surreal on the scene!] [b]Breaking News: Grounded Hot Air Balloon Event Revived by Unlikely Heroes![/b] "In a turn of events that left onlookers equal parts amused and amazed, the eagerly anticipated hot air balloon event in the Twisting Crescendo, the largest anticipated extreme sports event in Sornieth came to an unexpected halt at the beginning of the week due to the wind. As of this evening we were confirmed for cancelling, as some intrepid dragons braved the elements despite the wind. As some of the colorful hot air balloons began to inflate, ready to take to the skies, a sudden sustained gust of wind threatened to send them adrift prematurely. That's when Lightning Lars, known for his lightning-fast reflexes and penchant for swooping in to save the day, sprang into action. With a thunderous roar, he zipped through the air, intercepting the wayward balloons with precision. But the real stars of the show? None other than winds own spiral dragons, Shelly and Finn, who were caught catching waves on the updrafts just off the cliffs last week in preparation. Shelly, what do you have to say about your showing today despite the cancellation? "Whoa, dude! We hung ten on that breeze!" exclaimed Shelly, exclaiming about their ride through the currents with style. "It was totally tubular, bro! We caught some air, did some flips!" responded Finn with a grin as wide as the horizon. Wow, so like were you scared at all of the forecast today, it was vicious. I know I saw Plague's Hector storm out in a rage after the forecast was read out to participants and a cancellation. "Not at all man. It's what we do." The duo quickly became the talk of the town, with spectators marveling at their laid-back attitude and impressive aerial maneuvers during practice hours. Despite the cancellation of the hot air balloon event, the day was far from dull, thanks to the daring antics of these two spiral dragons. As Shelly and Finn took to the skies despite the cancellation, the hot air balloons twisted and dipped, sending them on a wild ride through the clouds. With tongues lolling out in excitement, the dragons held on tight, their wings and scales catching the wind like seasoned surfers catching a wave. At one heart-stopping moment, it seemed like disaster was imminent as their balloon veered dangerously close to a rocky outcrop. Spectators held their breath, fearing the worst, but just when it seemed like all was lost, the wind shifted, sending the balloon on a new trajectory. Jaws dropped in a mix of fear and excitement as onlookers wondered if these daring dragons were about to meet their end. But fear not, dear readers, for our intrepid adventurers emerged unscathed, though not without a few bumps and bruises. As the hot air balloon careened into a tree, violently dumping Shelly and Finn onto the ground below, there was a collective gasp from the crowd. For a moment, it seemed as though all was lost. AGAIN. But then, with a triumphant cry, Shelly leaped to her feet, fists raised in the air. "Dude! That was totally radical!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with excitement. "Did you see that gnarly wipeout?" Finn, rubbing his tail where it had taken the brunt of the fall, grinned sheepishly. "Yeah, man! I thought we were gonna be toast for sure, but we totally shredded it!" The crowd erupted into cheers as the dragons regaled each other with tales of their daring exploits, their conversation peppered with names straight out of the surf and skate scene: "Dude, that was some sick air you caught back there!" "Thanks, bro! I've been practicing my kickflips!" And so, amidst the cheers and applause of the crowd, Shelly and Finn emerged victorious, their spirits undaunted by the trials and tribulations of their high-flying adventure. As they basked in the adulation of their fans, one thing was clear: these dragons were born to ride the winds of destiny, carving their own path through the skies with style and finesse. The Windswept Plateau remains abuzz with joy for this Mistral Jamboree. Enjoy the rest of the holiday! That’s all folks, Stay tuned for more updates on the most daring dragons and of coarse the Extreme sports of Sornieth. As next week is the pre trial’s training period for the WaveCrest Whale Surfing competition. I'll be there at the RedRock cove to report all the findings, and who will make it to the finals for the Saturnalia Celebration! If you read all this... Im impressed
I'm going to start off with all of this is tongue in cheek having to do with the local Mistral Jamboree event. Do not take this seriously. That aside... I couldn't help myself

3920192_350.png

Wind Advisory Warning: Dragons Alert

Attention All Dragons,
Hold onto your scales! This is an urgent message from the Weather Station Monitor Dragons, regarding a wind advisory in effect. Urging all of our magnificent kin to batten down the hatches, and in some cases, wings!

Prepare yourselves for a gusty affair as we're expecting some rather spirited winds to persist this week. It is imperative that all dragons take immediate action, It's time to channel your inner hoard-guarding instincts and secure anything that's not nailed down. We wouldn't want our precious treasures taking flight, now would we?
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and urge all dragons to exercise caution.

In the spirit of camaraderie, here are a few reminders of what else those mischievous winds might bring:

Aerial Acrobatics: While we're all for showing off our flying prowess, let's steer clear of impromptu skydives caused by unexpected gusts.

Powerless Power Naps: Those howling winds might just decide to take a swipe at our power lines, so be prepared for some unscheduled snoozes if the electricity decides to take a vacation.

Tree Tango: Keep an eye out for those dancing trees! They might be feeling a bit wobbly and could boogie their way into your lair if you're not careful.

And last but certainly not least, we must sadly inform you that our eagerly anticipated hot air balloon extravaganza has been grounded for the week due to safety concerns arising from the adverse weather conditions. Although there is some wind dragons that have announced their daring do's, and will be the only one's, to our knowledge, taking their hot air balloon to the skies....Dieties help them.

For your safety and the safety of others, please remain vigilant and take appropriate precautions until further notice. So, dear dragons, let's hunker down, hold onto our hats (if you have them), and ride out this blustery adventure together. Safety first, and let's keep those flames burning bright!

Sincerely Yours in Weather-Watching,
Porthos,
Your Local Weather Station Monitor Dragons

972291_350.png
[Extreme Sports Podcaster, Surreal on the scene!]

Breaking News: Grounded Hot Air Balloon Event Revived by Unlikely Heroes!

"In a turn of events that left onlookers equal parts amused and amazed, the eagerly anticipated hot air balloon event in the Twisting Crescendo, the largest anticipated extreme sports event in Sornieth came to an unexpected halt at the beginning of the week due to the wind.

As of this evening we were confirmed for cancelling, as some intrepid dragons braved the elements despite the wind. As some of the colorful hot air balloons began to inflate, ready to take to the skies, a sudden sustained gust of wind threatened to send them adrift prematurely. That's when Lightning Lars, known for his lightning-fast reflexes and penchant for swooping in to save the day, sprang into action. With a thunderous roar, he zipped through the air, intercepting the wayward balloons with precision.

But the real stars of the show? None other than winds own spiral dragons, Shelly and Finn, who were caught catching waves on the updrafts just off the cliffs last week in preparation. Shelly, what do you have to say about your showing today despite the cancellation?

"Whoa, dude! We hung ten on that breeze!" exclaimed Shelly, exclaiming about their ride through the currents with style.

"It was totally tubular, bro! We caught some air, did some flips!" responded Finn with a grin as wide as the horizon.

Wow, so like were you scared at all of the forecast today, it was vicious. I know I saw Plague's Hector storm out in a rage after the forecast was read out to participants and a cancellation.

"Not at all man. It's what we do."

The duo quickly became the talk of the town, with spectators marveling at their laid-back attitude and impressive aerial maneuvers during practice hours. Despite the cancellation of the hot air balloon event, the day was far from dull, thanks to the daring antics of these two spiral dragons.

As Shelly and Finn took to the skies despite the cancellation, the hot air balloons twisted and dipped, sending them on a wild ride through the clouds. With tongues lolling out in excitement, the dragons held on tight, their wings and scales catching the wind like seasoned surfers catching a wave.

At one heart-stopping moment, it seemed like disaster was imminent as their balloon veered dangerously close to a rocky outcrop. Spectators held their breath, fearing the worst, but just when it seemed like all was lost, the wind shifted, sending the balloon on a new trajectory.

Jaws dropped in a mix of fear and excitement as onlookers wondered if these daring dragons were about to meet their end. But fear not, dear readers, for our intrepid adventurers emerged unscathed, though not without a few bumps and bruises. As the hot air balloon careened into a tree, violently dumping Shelly and Finn onto the ground below, there was a collective gasp from the crowd. For a moment, it seemed as though all was lost. AGAIN. But then, with a triumphant cry, Shelly leaped to her feet, fists raised in the air.

"Dude! That was totally radical!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with excitement. "Did you see that gnarly wipeout?"

Finn, rubbing his tail where it had taken the brunt of the fall, grinned sheepishly. "Yeah, man! I thought we were gonna be toast for sure, but we totally shredded it!"
The crowd erupted into cheers as the dragons regaled each other with tales of their daring exploits, their conversation peppered with names straight out of the surf and skate scene: "Dude, that was some sick air you caught back there!" "Thanks, bro! I've been practicing my kickflips!"

And so, amidst the cheers and applause of the crowd, Shelly and Finn emerged victorious, their spirits undaunted by the trials and tribulations of their high-flying adventure. As they basked in the adulation of their fans, one thing was clear: these dragons were born to ride the winds of destiny, carving their own path through the skies with style and finesse.

The Windswept Plateau remains abuzz with joy for this Mistral Jamboree. Enjoy the rest of the holiday!
That’s all folks, Stay tuned for more updates on the most daring dragons and of coarse the Extreme sports of Sornieth. As next week is the pre trial’s training period for the WaveCrest Whale Surfing competition. I'll be there at the RedRock cove to report all the findings, and who will make it to the finals for the Saturnalia Celebration!

If you read all this... Im impressed
8d7o509.png
Petition to get Porthos' weekly weather report into The Front Page Newsletter
[quote name="Polyhymnia" date="2024-03-26 07:53:33" ] Petition to get Porthos' weekly weather report into The Front Page Newsletter [/quote] agreed!! that would be a fun addition!
Polyhymnia wrote on 2024-03-26 07:53:33:
agreed!! that would be a fun addition!
muah Ny2nyyg.png x xenonyn
pings are welcomed!
fr +3 | est/edt
isfp | capricorn
i love the color green
jilian
xxxxxxx J0iUWhB.png
5Hr7pRA.png
DGTLR6o.png
3CInD4g.png
Dmsnoiy.png
x mneBrSJ.png hello, ur
a cutie
Is this just for wind or should my nature dragons be nailing everything to the trees
Is this just for wind or should my nature dragons be nailing everything to the trees
yPXQqTN.png
I loved reading this, thank you. Would love to read more weather advisory updates. :'D
I loved reading this, thank you. Would love to read more weather advisory updates. :'D
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
now this?

this is a work of art.
now this?

this is a work of art.
NcRl9aq.png
I mean, you may take it and do with it what you will1 Enjoy windies!
I mean, you may take it and do with it what you will1 Enjoy windies!
8d7o509.png
[quote name="CoyoteGum" date="2024-03-26 13:06:07" ] Is this just for wind or should my nature dragons be nailing everything to the trees [/quote] Porthos cautions that the stuff nailed to trees might take off if the tree takes off. But if it seems sturdy? At your own discretion, he merely suggests. The winds seem to carry through out the region, but central and strongest in the wind region.
CoyoteGum wrote on 2024-03-26 13:06:07:
Porthos cautions that the stuff nailed to trees might take off if the tree takes off. But if it seems sturdy? At your own discretion, he merely suggests.
The winds seem to carry through out the region, but central and strongest in the wind region.
8d7o509.png
P.S. This could be added on if there are any other reporters our there on the scene to report what sort of wind events are being experienced across Sornieth. Porthos would love to hear from those experiencing any of these events
P.S. This could be added on if there are any other reporters our there on the scene to report what sort of wind events are being experienced across Sornieth. Porthos would love to hear from those experiencing any of these events
8d7o509.png
Strong winds? Time for an adventure!
Strong winds? Time for an adventure!
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
1 2