Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | UPDATE! Wind Advisory Warning Alert
1 2
Cautions duly noted. Don't want anyone blowing away! [emoji=obelisk scared size=2] What's funny is that the past several days [i]have[/i] actually been really windy where I live - I'm under a gale warning right now! I can see why the Wind festival is in March. If I remember correctly, the staff confirmed that the reason why Mistral Jamboree is in March is because it's such a windy month.
Cautions duly noted. Don't want anyone blowing away!

What's funny is that the past several days have actually been really windy where I live - I'm under a gale warning right now!

I can see why the Wind festival is in March. If I remember correctly, the staff confirmed that the reason why Mistral Jamboree is in March is because it's such a windy month.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
[quote name="KingVulture" date="2024-03-26 16:28:27" ] Cautions duly noted. Don't want anyone blowing away! [emoji=obelisk scared size=2] What's funny is that the past several days [i]have[/i] actually been really windy where I live - I'm under a gale warning right now! I can see why the Wind festival is in March. If I remember correctly, the staff confirmed that the reason why Mistral Jamboree is in March is because it's such a windy month. [/quote] Oh man, well stay safe in Sornieth and in reality. I live in a very flat region so when the wind gets roaring, it can really just go. But I associate the most wind for the winter, but that could just be that the wind chill makes you more aware of it.
KingVulture wrote on 2024-03-26 16:28:27:
Cautions duly noted. Don't want anyone blowing away!

What's funny is that the past several days have actually been really windy where I live - I'm under a gale warning right now!

I can see why the Wind festival is in March. If I remember correctly, the staff confirmed that the reason why Mistral Jamboree is in March is because it's such a windy month.
Oh man, well stay safe in Sornieth and in reality. I live in a very flat region so when the wind gets roaring, it can really just go. But I associate the most wind for the winter, but that could just be that the wind chill makes you more aware of it.
8d7o509.png
[quote name="Polyhymnia" date="2024-03-26 07:53:33" ] Petition to get Porthos' weekly weather report into The Front Page Newsletter [/quote] mmmmmhhhnnn a good idea indeed
Polyhymnia wrote on 2024-03-26 07:53:33:
Petition to get Porthos' weekly weather report into The Front Page Newsletter
mmmmmhhhnnn a good idea indeed
4a2744d6b4934111e957b300f23248cda6829e55.png Feel free to ping me whenever!
Eosphoros collects likes!
Please be kind, and remember...
DRINK WATER
wwwwww 92n1dwB.png
G8AyR6r.png
WXBzxw1.gif
J7D1quC.png
[quote name="Polyhymnia" date="2024-03-26 07:53:33" ] Petition to get Porthos' weekly weather report into The Front Page Newsletter [/quote] hmm... it looks like another person who works for TFPN already replied, and I'm the second one! Let me ping @liteweaver, this may be a good idea [emoji=special eyes size=1]
Polyhymnia wrote on 2024-03-26 07:53:33:
Petition to get Porthos' weekly weather report into The Front Page Newsletter
hmm... it looks like another person who works for TFPN already replied, and I'm the second one! Let me ping @liteweaver, this may be a good idea
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
*Porthos wonders what is a foot, wanders over to the news boys to discover what people are talking about*
*Porthos wonders what is a foot, wanders over to the news boys to discover what people are talking about*
8d7o509.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/972291][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/9723/972291_350.png[/img][/url] [Extreme Sports Podcaster, Surreal on the scene!] [b]Breaking News: Grounded Hot Air Balloon Event Revived by Unlikely Heroes![/b] "In a turn of events that left onlookers equal parts amused and amazed, the eagerly anticipated hot air balloon event in the Twisting Crescendo, the largest anticipated extreme sports event in Sornieth came to an unexpected halt at the beginning of the week dur to the wind. As of this evening we were confirmed for cancelling, as some intrepid dragons braved the elements despite the wind. As some of the colorful hot air balloons began to inflate, ready to take to the skies, a sudden sustained gust of wind threatened to send them adrift prematurely. That's when Lightning Lars, known for his lightning-fast reflexes and penchant for swooping in to save the day, sprang into action. With a thunderous roar, he zipped through the air, intercepting the wayward balloons with precision. But the real stars of the show? None other than winds own spiral dragons, Shelly and Finn, who were caught catching waves on the updrafts just off the cliffs last week in preparation. Shelly, what do you have to say about your showing today despite the cancellation? "Whoa, dude! We hung ten on that breeze!" exclaimed Shelly, exclaiming about their ride through the currents with style. "It was totally tubular, bro! We caught some air, did some flips!" responded Finn with a grin as wide as the horizon. Wow, so like were you scared at all of the forecast today, it was vicious. I know I saw Plague's Hector storm out in a rage after the forecast was read out to participants and a cancellation. "Not at all man. It's what we do." The duo quickly became the talk of the town, with spectators marveling at their laid-back attitude and impressive aerial maneuvers during practice hours. Despite the cancellation of the hot air balloon event, the day was far from dull, thanks to the daring antics of these two spiral dragons. As Shelly and Finn took to the skies despite the cancellation, the hot air balloons twisted and dipped, sending them on a wild ride through the clouds. With tongues lolling out in excitement, the dragons held on tight, their wings and scales catching the wind like seasoned surfers catching a wave. At one heart-stopping moment, it seemed like disaster was imminent as their balloon veered dangerously close to a rocky outcrop. Spectators held their breath, fearing the worst, but just when it seemed like all was lost, the wind shifted, sending the balloon on a new trajectory. Jaws dropped in a mix of fear and excitement as onlookers wondered if these daring dragons were about to meet their end. But fear not, dear readers, for our intrepid adventurers emerged unscathed, though not without a few bumps and bruises. As the hot air balloon careened into a tree, violently dumping Shelly and Finn onto the ground below, there was a collective gasp from the crowd. For a moment, it seemed as though all was lost. AGAIN. But then, with a triumphant cry, Shelly leaped to her feet, fists raised in the air. "Dude! That was totally radical!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with excitement. "Did you see that gnarly wipeout?" Finn, rubbing his tail where it had taken the brunt of the fall, grinned sheepishly. "Yeah, man! I thought we were gonna be toast for sure, but we totally shredded it!" The crowd erupted into cheers as the dragons regaled each other with tales of their daring exploits, their conversation peppered with names straight out of the surf and skate scene: "Dude, that was some sick air you caught back there!" "Thanks, bro! I've been practicing my kickflips!" And so, amidst the cheers and applause of the crowd, Shelly and Finn emerged victorious, their spirits undaunted by the trials and tribulations of their high-flying adventure. As they basked in the adulation of their fans, one thing was clear: these dragons were born to ride the winds of destiny, carving their own path through the skies with style and finesse. The Windswept Plateau remains abuzz with joy for this Mistral Jamboree. Enjoy the rest of the holiday! That’s all folks, Stay tuned for more updates on the most daring dragons and of coarse the Extreme sports of Sornieth. As next week is the pre trial’s training period for the WaveCrest Whale Surfing competition. I'll be there at the RedRock cove to report all the findings, and who will make it to the finals for the Saturnalia Celebration!
972291_350.png
[Extreme Sports Podcaster, Surreal on the scene!]

Breaking News: Grounded Hot Air Balloon Event Revived by Unlikely Heroes!

"In a turn of events that left onlookers equal parts amused and amazed, the eagerly anticipated hot air balloon event in the Twisting Crescendo, the largest anticipated extreme sports event in Sornieth came to an unexpected halt at the beginning of the week dur to the wind.

As of this evening we were confirmed for cancelling, as some intrepid dragons braved the elements despite the wind. As some of the colorful hot air balloons began to inflate, ready to take to the skies, a sudden sustained gust of wind threatened to send them adrift prematurely. That's when Lightning Lars, known for his lightning-fast reflexes and penchant for swooping in to save the day, sprang into action. With a thunderous roar, he zipped through the air, intercepting the wayward balloons with precision.

But the real stars of the show? None other than winds own spiral dragons, Shelly and Finn, who were caught catching waves on the updrafts just off the cliffs last week in preparation. Shelly, what do you have to say about your showing today despite the cancellation?

"Whoa, dude! We hung ten on that breeze!" exclaimed Shelly, exclaiming about their ride through the currents with style.

"It was totally tubular, bro! We caught some air, did some flips!" responded Finn with a grin as wide as the horizon.

Wow, so like were you scared at all of the forecast today, it was vicious. I know I saw Plague's Hector storm out in a rage after the forecast was read out to participants and a cancellation.

"Not at all man. It's what we do."

The duo quickly became the talk of the town, with spectators marveling at their laid-back attitude and impressive aerial maneuvers during practice hours. Despite the cancellation of the hot air balloon event, the day was far from dull, thanks to the daring antics of these two spiral dragons.

As Shelly and Finn took to the skies despite the cancellation, the hot air balloons twisted and dipped, sending them on a wild ride through the clouds. With tongues lolling out in excitement, the dragons held on tight, their wings and scales catching the wind like seasoned surfers catching a wave.

At one heart-stopping moment, it seemed like disaster was imminent as their balloon veered dangerously close to a rocky outcrop. Spectators held their breath, fearing the worst, but just when it seemed like all was lost, the wind shifted, sending the balloon on a new trajectory.

Jaws dropped in a mix of fear and excitement as onlookers wondered if these daring dragons were about to meet their end. But fear not, dear readers, for our intrepid adventurers emerged unscathed, though not without a few bumps and bruises. As the hot air balloon careened into a tree, violently dumping Shelly and Finn onto the ground below, there was a collective gasp from the crowd. For a moment, it seemed as though all was lost. AGAIN. But then, with a triumphant cry, Shelly leaped to her feet, fists raised in the air.

"Dude! That was totally radical!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with excitement. "Did you see that gnarly wipeout?"

Finn, rubbing his tail where it had taken the brunt of the fall, grinned sheepishly. "Yeah, man! I thought we were gonna be toast for sure, but we totally shredded it!"
The crowd erupted into cheers as the dragons regaled each other with tales of their daring exploits, their conversation peppered with names straight out of the surf and skate scene: "Dude, that was some sick air you caught back there!" "Thanks, bro! I've been practicing my kickflips!"

And so, amidst the cheers and applause of the crowd, Shelly and Finn emerged victorious, their spirits undaunted by the trials and tribulations of their high-flying adventure. As they basked in the adulation of their fans, one thing was clear: these dragons were born to ride the winds of destiny, carving their own path through the skies with style and finesse.

The Windswept Plateau remains abuzz with joy for this Mistral Jamboree. Enjoy the rest of the holiday!
That’s all folks, Stay tuned for more updates on the most daring dragons and of coarse the Extreme sports of Sornieth. As next week is the pre trial’s training period for the WaveCrest Whale Surfing competition. I'll be there at the RedRock cove to report all the findings, and who will make it to the finals for the Saturnalia Celebration!

8d7o509.png
@Ratovantany

Oh man, PLEASE tell us about the Wavecrest Whale Surfing Competition when the time comes!

This Really Should be added to the Newsletter, but maybe not for daily things and instead make it only for the festivals, with Porthos forecasting the Weather and Surreal telling us about the Extreme Sports news!!
@Ratovantany

Oh man, PLEASE tell us about the Wavecrest Whale Surfing Competition when the time comes!

This Really Should be added to the Newsletter, but maybe not for daily things and instead make it only for the festivals, with Porthos forecasting the Weather and Surreal telling us about the Extreme Sports news!!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
Im just glad so many of you have been enjoying these tid bits. And I mean, looking into the front page I could write for them too. Or at least let them take the content to post to the newsletter. Cause I do enjoy posting a forum with weird alerts and notices to the public.

I know when I posted the Vallentines alert from the health department people got a kick out of it. But I wanted to post again, but this time with an open to the festival, a mid week activity, then end with a wrap up. So I still do have a closer in mind. But that will by Saturday.

I want to try to do it just for Holidays, I think any more and it loses its charm. Although, it could be when strange events, like pirate day activity, or.....April 1st. I cant give all my secrets away.
Im just glad so many of you have been enjoying these tid bits. And I mean, looking into the front page I could write for them too. Or at least let them take the content to post to the newsletter. Cause I do enjoy posting a forum with weird alerts and notices to the public.

I know when I posted the Vallentines alert from the health department people got a kick out of it. But I wanted to post again, but this time with an open to the festival, a mid week activity, then end with a wrap up. So I still do have a closer in mind. But that will by Saturday.

I want to try to do it just for Holidays, I think any more and it loses its charm. Although, it could be when strange events, like pirate day activity, or.....April 1st. I cant give all my secrets away.
8d7o509.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77057586][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/770576/77057586_350.png[/img][/url] [I] Hey, avid explorer here. Part of my hobby is knowing the weather, and boy during times like this is it easy. Weather? Windy as heck. I nearly lost my map the other day! during times like this, I reccomend exploring near places with a lot of sturdy poles or trees, anything to hold onto when the wind kicks in. IF there's nothing nearby, get in a defensive position. Curled up, wings tucked in to avoid picking up wind and picking YOU up. If things are getting picked up by the wind, try and get behind something like a rock instead. Basically, my words are stay near something to hide behind that CANT be picked up. Smaller dragons, [b] stay inside [/b]. You will go flying. Wheeee.....[size=5] OH CRUD MY MAP N[/size][size=6]O[/size][size=5] GET BACK HERE
77057586_350.png
Hey, avid explorer here. Part of my hobby is knowing the weather, and boy during times like this is it easy. Weather? Windy as heck. I nearly lost my map the other day! during times like this, I reccomend exploring near places with a lot of sturdy poles or trees, anything to hold onto when the wind kicks in. IF there's nothing nearby, get in a defensive position. Curled up, wings tucked in to avoid picking up wind and picking YOU up. If things are getting picked up by the wind, try and get behind something like a rock instead. Basically, my words are stay near something to hide behind that CANT be picked up. Smaller dragons, stay inside . You will go flying. Wheeee..... OH CRUD MY MAP NO GET BACK HERE
Slowly coding, one [ at a time
[quote name="CattLovesCats" date="2024-03-28 09:09:52" ] [center] If things are getting picked up by the wind, try and get behind something like a rock instead. Basically, my words are stay near something to hide behind that CANT be picked up. Smaller dragons, [b] stay inside [/b]. [/quote] It's at this moment you feel the tiny claws of a fea dragon clinging to your back. "Yes, if I hold onto something larger.... I can't be blown away." The voice oddly familiar to King Julian from Madagascar.
Quote:
If things are getting picked up by the wind, try and get behind something like a rock instead. Basically, my words are stay near something to hide behind that CANT be picked up. Smaller dragons, stay inside .

It's at this moment you feel the tiny claws of a fea dragon clinging to your back. "Yes, if I hold onto something larger.... I can't be blown away." The voice oddly familiar to King Julian from Madagascar.
8d7o509.png
1 2