Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What oddly specific opinions do you have
1 2 3 4 5 6
Like it annoys you when something isn’t done in a specific way, and it’s so minuscule but it makes you so mad anyways?

For me it always has to be when people draw animals tails as one oval with a point. Like where’s the fluff? Even if just on one side, add some slight texture man…
Like it annoys you when something isn’t done in a specific way, and it’s so minuscule but it makes you so mad anyways?

For me it always has to be when people draw animals tails as one oval with a point. Like where’s the fluff? Even if just on one side, add some slight texture man…
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
i hate it when people say: "and............ GO!" (alternately: "aaaaaaaaaand GO!") when asking for others input on something (favorite artists, good recipes, places to visit, oddly specific opinions, literally anything) like we're all clamoring to share whatever we can with the OP even if i had something to add i'm not gonna do it now [emoji=skull size=1]
i hate it when people say:

"and............ GO!" (alternately: "aaaaaaaaaand GO!")

when asking for others input on something (favorite artists, good recipes, places to visit, oddly specific opinions, literally anything)

like we're all clamoring to share whatever we can with the OP

even if i had something to add i'm not gonna do it now
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.png
I don't like short form videos like tiktoks, reels, or shorts. And I don't like how every social media wants to be tiktok now, I went on instagram years back because it was picture based. Sometimes I'm really not in the mood for videos and don't want them forced in my face. I also don't like how so many videos are vertical format now but I never see anyone who feels the same way as me. I just find the format so claustrophobic compared to the horizontal orientation. Everything just feels so boxed in and narrow when although the screen is the same size in the other, it just has this illusion of being more spacious. Maybe this is just me being an artist though, I can see pros and cons to both and its definitely just a preference.
I don't like short form videos like tiktoks, reels, or shorts. And I don't like how every social media wants to be tiktok now, I went on instagram years back because it was picture based. Sometimes I'm really not in the mood for videos and don't want them forced in my face. I also don't like how so many videos are vertical format now but I never see anyone who feels the same way as me. I just find the format so claustrophobic compared to the horizontal orientation. Everything just feels so boxed in and narrow when although the screen is the same size in the other, it just has this illusion of being more spacious. Maybe this is just me being an artist though, I can see pros and cons to both and its definitely just a preference.
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
The only oddly specific opinion/pet peeve things coming to mind right now are to do with animals:

1. Rabbits don't have paw pads. Stop giving them paw pads!!! (I know it's stylistic/preference to each artist but also dsjkgfhds)

2. Hyenas are NOT CANINES!!
They don't even belong to the caniformia suborder. They're feliforms! They're more closely related to cats then to dogs, and even then they're their own entire thing in feliformia — Hyaenidae. They're even more closely related to mongoose and civets than they are cats.

And as a bonus to the above with the hyenas, AWDs are not hyenas, and vice versa. The amount of times I look up hyenas and see African Wild Dogs among the pictures and such.
The only oddly specific opinion/pet peeve things coming to mind right now are to do with animals:

1. Rabbits don't have paw pads. Stop giving them paw pads!!! (I know it's stylistic/preference to each artist but also dsjkgfhds)

2. Hyenas are NOT CANINES!!
They don't even belong to the caniformia suborder. They're feliforms! They're more closely related to cats then to dogs, and even then they're their own entire thing in feliformia — Hyaenidae. They're even more closely related to mongoose and civets than they are cats.

And as a bonus to the above with the hyenas, AWDs are not hyenas, and vice versa. The amount of times I look up hyenas and see African Wild Dogs among the pictures and such.
krXUDDj.pngTntJeP6.png
I typed out a few rants about small details of American driving law before deciding that my opinion is: Cars should not be the predominant method of transportation because people who don't like to drive end up having to do it and then they get mad at me for being passionate about turn signals when they wouldn't even drive if they didn't have to. There are other reasons why cars as the main way of getting around suck (every new pickup truck model is the equivalent of a very sickly inbred dog and their headlights are a hazard, and like emissions), but one that's important for me is that no one wants to listen to me talk about the etiquette of righting on red.
I typed out a few rants about small details of American driving law before deciding that my opinion is: Cars should not be the predominant method of transportation because people who don't like to drive end up having to do it and then they get mad at me for being passionate about turn signals when they wouldn't even drive if they didn't have to. There are other reasons why cars as the main way of getting around suck (every new pickup truck model is the equivalent of a very sickly inbred dog and their headlights are a hazard, and like emissions), but one that's important for me is that no one wants to listen to me talk about the etiquette of righting on red.
9hqcHsy.png pAONOEc.png
WYxPUv8.png G8AyR6r.png
V7wUqxW.png DoQJ9XF.png
6YtLZau.png LGvol4P.png
2iKXjpB.png l8NOdbs.png Very new, figuring things out, lore coming soon!
[quote name="KarateOdysseyman" date="2024-03-25 19:45:40" ] I don't like short form videos like tiktoks, reels, or shorts. And I don't like how every social media wants to be tiktok now, I went on instagram years back because it was picture based. Sometimes I'm really not in the mood for videos and don't want them forced in my face. I also don't like how so many videos are vertical format now but I never see anyone who feels the same way as me. I just find the format so claustrophobic compared to the horizontal orientation. Everything just feels so boxed in and narrow when although the screen is the same size in the other, it just has this illusion of being more spacious. Maybe this is just me being an artist though, I can see pros and cons to both and its definitely just a preference. [/quote] @KarateOdysseyman You're not alone in any of this. I feel the same way and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the vertical format. Not only does it feel claustrophobic but it just makes it feel like there's no room in the frame. It's like everything that's trying to be shown is out of frame most of the time. I don't like short videos on instagram either and I really don't like how youtube has been pushing them. Talking about instagram has lead me to my oddly specific gripe. Which is instagram adding threads is trying to hard to be twitter. No one asked for it and the comments devolve into degeneracy real fast.
KarateOdysseyman wrote on 2024-03-25 19:45:40:

@KarateOdysseyman You're not alone in any of this. I feel the same way and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the vertical format. Not only does it feel claustrophobic but it just makes it feel like there's no room in the frame. It's like everything that's trying to be shown is out of frame most of the time. I don't like short videos on instagram either and I really don't like how youtube has been pushing them.

Talking about instagram has lead me to my oddly specific gripe. Which is instagram adding threads is trying to hard to be twitter. No one asked for it and the comments devolve into degeneracy real fast.
I think i might upset a few people by saying this but... I do not like it when people match the nose, ear and mouth colours of their characters to the colour of their eyes. Like, can't you just make a universal skin colour for your character? Bruh. On a slightly more positive note, people shouldn't be afraid to have a lot of colours in one character design. It's just the application of those colours you should worry about, especially if you want other people to draw them. I don't know if limits to the palette is a popular thing.. but I just feel like it is. And people don't need to be afraid of cramming in lots of colours! [quote name="KarateOdysseyman" date="2024-03-25 19:45:40" ] I don't like short form videos like tiktoks, reels, or shorts. And I don't like how every social media wants to be tiktok now, I went on instagram years back because it was picture based. Sometimes I'm really not in the mood for videos and don't want them forced in my face. I also don't like how so many videos are vertical format now but I never see anyone who feels the same way as me. I just find the format so claustrophobic compared to the horizontal orientation. Everything just feels so boxed in and narrow when although the screen is the same size in the other, it just has this illusion of being more spacious. Maybe this is just me being an artist though, I can see pros and cons to both and its definitely just a preference. [/quote] I also agree with this statement, but have my own opinions. For phone, its fine, it fits the screen (although the sidebars are honestly a little awkward...) I just have a problem when it's on computer, where there's a lot of empty space on either side of the video, specifically for shorts. I don't know why the heck they wanted to imitate the swipe down feature of tiktok for shorts, and they could've easily changed it to press left or right. Either way the next and previous videos do show up on the screen. It's just... youtube had real estate they never utilised when making the shorts feature work on computer, which is just... annoying. Wasted potential, I feel.
I think i might upset a few people by saying this but... I do not like it when people match the nose, ear and mouth colours of their characters to the colour of their eyes. Like, can't you just make a universal skin colour for your character? Bruh.

On a slightly more positive note, people shouldn't be afraid to have a lot of colours in one character design. It's just the application of those colours you should worry about, especially if you want other people to draw them. I don't know if limits to the palette is a popular thing.. but I just feel like it is. And people don't need to be afraid of cramming in lots of colours!

I also agree with this statement, but have my own opinions. For phone, its fine, it fits the screen (although the sidebars are honestly a little awkward...) I just have a problem when it's on computer, where there's a lot of empty space on either side of the video, specifically for shorts. I don't know why the heck they wanted to imitate the swipe down feature of tiktok for shorts, and they could've easily changed it to press left or right. Either way the next and previous videos do show up on the screen. It's just... youtube had real estate they never utilised when making the shorts feature work on computer, which is just... annoying. Wasted potential, I feel.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
I don't like it when people call crocodiles and tortoises 'dinosaurs'.
like bro learn your animals
I don't like it when people call crocodiles and tortoises 'dinosaurs'.
like bro learn your animals
Flat faced furries, I’m sorry but Anthros do not look good without muzzles [emoji=sandsurge sad size=1] there are way too many of these on TH imo Also when a character is labelled a ‘dragon’ when all they are is a Humanoid with powers and not an actual true dragon form - as a huge dragon fan this really gets on my nerves. Heck I don’t like most humanoid dragons, even those with actual draconic features
Flat faced furries, I’m sorry but Anthros do not look good without muzzles there are way too many of these on TH imo

Also when a character is labelled a ‘dragon’ when all they are is a Humanoid with powers and not an actual true dragon form - as a huge dragon fan this really gets on my nerves. Heck I don’t like most humanoid dragons, even those with actual draconic features
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
[quote name="KarateOdysseyman" date="2024-03-25 19:45:40" ] I don't like short form videos like tiktoks, reels, or shorts. [/quote] yeah i cant stand these aside from a curated selection i randomly find on tumblr. i actively refuse to get tiktok or watch youtube shorts and whatever i dont like that they incentivize you to get addicted to them and then the algorithm proceeds to lead you god knows where anyway i have a few specific pet peeves i can think of but theyre all rayman related and im not sure anyone here cares to hear about stuff like how this one guy is not in fact named bzzit and thats most likely a different guy entirely
I don't like short form videos like tiktoks, reels, or shorts.
yeah i cant stand these aside from a curated selection i randomly find on tumblr. i actively refuse to get tiktok or watch youtube shorts and whatever i dont like that they incentivize you to get addicted to them and then the algorithm proceeds to lead you god knows where

anyway i have a few specific pet peeves i can think of but theyre all rayman related and im not sure anyone here cares to hear about stuff like how this one guy is not in fact named bzzit and thats most likely a different guy entirely
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2 3 4 5 6