Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Split festival skins…
1 2 3 4
Support! I personally think a good 50/50 split would be nice, so 7/14 is a working number for me, as you get more poses. but as long as it's balanced, so no only 2 modern or only 2 ancient, it works for me.
Support! I personally think a good 50/50 split would be nice, so 7/14 is a working number for me, as you get more poses. but as long as it's balanced, so no only 2 modern or only 2 ancient, it works for me.
OwQYUuU.pngKVbkgOZ.pngOwQYUuU.png
Bringing this one back up to the top with the numbers from this years round of festivals (minus Wavecrest or Greenskeeper)

Flameforgers Festival
13/22 breeds or 59%
5/13 ancient winners or 38%

Starfall Celebration
13/22 breeds or 59%
4/13 ancient winners or 31%

Riot of Rot
11/22 breeds or 50%
3/11 ancient winners or 27%

Rockbreakers Ceremony
12/23 breeds or 52%
5/12 ancient winners or 42%

Crystalline Gala
12/23 breeds or 52%
6/12 ancient winners or 50%

Trickmurk Circus
13/23 breeds or 56%
8/13 ancient winners or 62%

Mistral Jamboree
10/23 breeds or 43%
5/10 ancient winners or 50%

An average of 53% of all breeds on site are represented in any one festival, in comparison to 2018 where around 70-75% or the breeds on site were represented. Additionally, 43% of the festival winners were ancient breeds.

Even ignoring the suggestion itself, I feel like this shows that we at least need more winning slots even if they aren't divided
Bringing this one back up to the top with the numbers from this years round of festivals (minus Wavecrest or Greenskeeper)

Flameforgers Festival
13/22 breeds or 59%
5/13 ancient winners or 38%

Starfall Celebration
13/22 breeds or 59%
4/13 ancient winners or 31%

Riot of Rot
11/22 breeds or 50%
3/11 ancient winners or 27%

Rockbreakers Ceremony
12/23 breeds or 52%
5/12 ancient winners or 42%

Crystalline Gala
12/23 breeds or 52%
6/12 ancient winners or 50%

Trickmurk Circus
13/23 breeds or 56%
8/13 ancient winners or 62%

Mistral Jamboree
10/23 breeds or 43%
5/10 ancient winners or 50%

An average of 53% of all breeds on site are represented in any one festival, in comparison to 2018 where around 70-75% or the breeds on site were represented. Additionally, 43% of the festival winners were ancient breeds.

Even ignoring the suggestion itself, I feel like this shows that we at least need more winning slots even if they aren't divided
In general, I only support increasing the number of the festival skin winners if the overall price of festival skins is lowered. Players shouldn't have festivals draining a million treasure every month; players should be able to do other things on FR without FoMO due to the limited festival windows.

That said, I will always support more obtainable skins and accents through means other than the festivals. The MP could use some skins and accents. That would help make skins available to more people without a limited time window and those skins wouldn't be bound to the existing fest themes.
In general, I only support increasing the number of the festival skin winners if the overall price of festival skins is lowered. Players shouldn't have festivals draining a million treasure every month; players should be able to do other things on FR without FoMO due to the limited festival windows.

That said, I will always support more obtainable skins and accents through means other than the festivals. The MP could use some skins and accents. That would help make skins available to more people without a limited time window and those skins wouldn't be bound to the existing fest themes.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="KrystalRage" date="2023-03-28 08:40:51" ]For comparisons sake, of the 21 breeds we have on this site, only 10 were represented in the most recent fest. Compared to a festival before ancients (and obelisks) were released, where 11 of the 14 breeds were represented [/quote] Wow, that is truly abysmal. Full support.
KrystalRage wrote on 2023-03-28 08:40:51:
For comparisons sake, of the 21 breeds we have on this site, only 10 were represented in the most recent fest. Compared to a festival before ancients (and obelisks) were released, where 11 of the 14 breeds were represented

Wow, that is truly abysmal. Full support.
Support. Very biased cause I don’t have many ancients (and the ones i do have aren’t staying that way) but there were so many ancient genes I just kind of sighed and went back to usual tasks instead of deciding what to save for ;;
Support. Very biased cause I don’t have many ancients (and the ones i do have aren’t staying that way) but there were so many ancient genes I just kind of sighed and went back to usual tasks instead of deciding what to save for ;;
RI8hS.gif 1cLgG.gif 6F5cu.gif 6Yuo8.gif 4vhZB.gif TkWkP.gif 2r4TL.gif SBJu2.gif
I'm not going to Not Support this, but I just don't think it's going to solve the issues it's hoping to solve.

Ultimately, there's just no way to ensure that there's an arbitrary amount of "variety" in the skin selections for festivals because that decision is ultimately up to the Devs. And also what entries artists put in.

No amount of increasing the number of skins selected for festivals is going to fix the variety spread because there's just too many breeds and artists are going to draw their favorites and/or the breeds they think will be most popular/chosen (which is usually the same selection of breeds).

And of course, the Devs ultimately decide what the diversity in breeds/poses will be because they choose the winners.

They even increased the amount of skins recently and players are still unhappy with the "variety" of the winners.

So I'm not inherently against more skin slots, I just don't think increasing it more will fix the "problem" that players have with the selection.
I'm not going to Not Support this, but I just don't think it's going to solve the issues it's hoping to solve.

Ultimately, there's just no way to ensure that there's an arbitrary amount of "variety" in the skin selections for festivals because that decision is ultimately up to the Devs. And also what entries artists put in.

No amount of increasing the number of skins selected for festivals is going to fix the variety spread because there's just too many breeds and artists are going to draw their favorites and/or the breeds they think will be most popular/chosen (which is usually the same selection of breeds).

And of course, the Devs ultimately decide what the diversity in breeds/poses will be because they choose the winners.

They even increased the amount of skins recently and players are still unhappy with the "variety" of the winners.

So I'm not inherently against more skin slots, I just don't think increasing it more will fix the "problem" that players have with the selection.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
huge support! I can't lie, I was a bit bummed to see so many skin/accents for the same ancient breeds!
huge support! I can't lie, I was a bit bummed to see so many skin/accents for the same ancient breeds!
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
I support more winner slots because we now have so many breeds and with options for two poses each there's just a low likelihood of one particular pose getting picked (if there was a valid entry for it at all).
I support more winner slots because we now have so many breeds and with options for two poses each there's just a low likelihood of one particular pose getting picked (if there was a valid entry for it at all).
No support for there being x amount of ancient vs modern skins selected. The skins selected should be those that best fit the festival/flight theme and are the highest quality, regardless of the breed they are for. Saying that every fest there has to be x amount of ancient skins selected will result in lower quality ancient skins being picked over better modern skins.

I do support there being MORE skins selected per festival though.
No support for there being x amount of ancient vs modern skins selected. The skins selected should be those that best fit the festival/flight theme and are the highest quality, regardless of the breed they are for. Saying that every fest there has to be x amount of ancient skins selected will result in lower quality ancient skins being picked over better modern skins.

I do support there being MORE skins selected per festival though.
ZQGfAQY.png
I think there should essentially be two contests (one for Ancients, one for Moderns), with a certain number of winners each. As Twizz says, just more slots won't solve the problem this is trying to solve. Only adding criteria on those slots will help with the variety issue. And Ancient/Modern criteria seems like a perfectly sensible criteria to me.

If in the future we run into that mythical "skins of lesser quality will be chosen" problem, that can be addressed then. In the meantime, there are plenty of skins of quality that can be chosen for each type. Past a certain level, there is essentially no difference except the staff's subjective taste, which is all we're seeing in their choices now.
I think there should essentially be two contests (one for Ancients, one for Moderns), with a certain number of winners each. As Twizz says, just more slots won't solve the problem this is trying to solve. Only adding criteria on those slots will help with the variety issue. And Ancient/Modern criteria seems like a perfectly sensible criteria to me.

If in the future we run into that mythical "skins of lesser quality will be chosen" problem, that can be addressed then. In the meantime, there are plenty of skins of quality that can be chosen for each type. Past a certain level, there is essentially no difference except the staff's subjective taste, which is all we're seeing in their choices now.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4