Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Elemental Coliseum Venues
*prepares to do the dangerous feat of posting one's opinion on the internet*
Okay, so, I was grinding in the coliseum because it's mistjam, normal so far, and when I got a scroll I was like HELL YEAH!!! because my luck is terrible. That made me think - "Man, I wish we could get more than just scrolls in coli, like the domain scenes or something..."
And that made me think-
What if we could fight in the domains?
The basic idea is, when there's an event going on, what if you could fight in the domain of the event? For example, during Mistjam you could fight in the Windsinger's domain, and in Starfall you could fight in the arcanist's domain!
Enemies:
So, for a coliseum venue you have to have enemies, so what would the enemies be? I propose *uses fancy words* that every event element beastclan would have a chance of spawning in the domain, but there would also be a chance for old event familiars to spawn in the domain! You have to admit, it would be pretty cool to fight a sprite in coli. For the boss, I think there would just have to be new element-themed bosses made, or you could fight the Eleven or something but lore-wise that would be a bit strange XD (would be kinda fun tho... I wonder...)
Drops:
So, if we get to fight old event familiars, they need to drop things as well! Just to get it out of the way, I don't think there should be a chance of getting the familiars from the mobs, with the exception of the familiar that is currently for sale in joxar's favours. This is mainly because that would pretty much totally destroy their value XD, and whilst I don't want new players to have literally no way of getting old familiars, I think that old familiars should stay, well, old. Plus, they can always get the familiars from joxboxes! Well, some of them anyway. If the familiars were gonna be obtainable from mobs, they should at least be pretty rare + the mobs that drop them are hard to defeat. So, if they're not gonna drop familiars, what are they gonna drop? I was mainly thinking: event currency, commonish; scenes, rare; vistas, very rare; event genes, rare; chests, very rare. (my idea of rare might be different to yours so just imagine it compared to the other drops)
Levels:
This is a complicated one. Every venue has to be a certain 'recommended level', so what should the domains be? Right now I can only think of three solutions, so I'm gonna state them in order of which I think should be used most first and least last.
1. There are multiple mini-venues inside the domain, and the higher venues have stronger mobs like sprites and the lower ones have weaker mobs like ragepuffs, or other common elemental mobs.
2. The domain is just a set level. This would be the easiest one for the devs to make.
3. There's a mixture of mobs of different levels. I feel like this would just be chaos not gonna lie.

Cons in my idea (stuff that could go wrong):
"What if you just made a team of elements strong against the event element?"
That's... a good point. Maybe elementals buffs just wouldn't work?? I dunno ToT
(see Killn and Renaiwom's posts!)
"That would decrease the value of event currency!"
Perhaps it would be rarer to get currency in the domains? It's not guaranteed that every mob drops event currency, but it would be a good idea to decrease the rate of it dropping when literally every mob is the same element.

Thanks for listening to my weird brain's weird ideas.
*prepares to do the dangerous feat of posting one's opinion on the internet*
Okay, so, I was grinding in the coliseum because it's mistjam, normal so far, and when I got a scroll I was like HELL YEAH!!! because my luck is terrible. That made me think - "Man, I wish we could get more than just scrolls in coli, like the domain scenes or something..."
And that made me think-
What if we could fight in the domains?
The basic idea is, when there's an event going on, what if you could fight in the domain of the event? For example, during Mistjam you could fight in the Windsinger's domain, and in Starfall you could fight in the arcanist's domain!
Enemies:
So, for a coliseum venue you have to have enemies, so what would the enemies be? I propose *uses fancy words* that every event element beastclan would have a chance of spawning in the domain, but there would also be a chance for old event familiars to spawn in the domain! You have to admit, it would be pretty cool to fight a sprite in coli. For the boss, I think there would just have to be new element-themed bosses made, or you could fight the Eleven or something but lore-wise that would be a bit strange XD (would be kinda fun tho... I wonder...)
Drops:
So, if we get to fight old event familiars, they need to drop things as well! Just to get it out of the way, I don't think there should be a chance of getting the familiars from the mobs, with the exception of the familiar that is currently for sale in joxar's favours. This is mainly because that would pretty much totally destroy their value XD, and whilst I don't want new players to have literally no way of getting old familiars, I think that old familiars should stay, well, old. Plus, they can always get the familiars from joxboxes! Well, some of them anyway. If the familiars were gonna be obtainable from mobs, they should at least be pretty rare + the mobs that drop them are hard to defeat. So, if they're not gonna drop familiars, what are they gonna drop? I was mainly thinking: event currency, commonish; scenes, rare; vistas, very rare; event genes, rare; chests, very rare. (my idea of rare might be different to yours so just imagine it compared to the other drops)
Levels:
This is a complicated one. Every venue has to be a certain 'recommended level', so what should the domains be? Right now I can only think of three solutions, so I'm gonna state them in order of which I think should be used most first and least last.
1. There are multiple mini-venues inside the domain, and the higher venues have stronger mobs like sprites and the lower ones have weaker mobs like ragepuffs, or other common elemental mobs.
2. The domain is just a set level. This would be the easiest one for the devs to make.
3. There's a mixture of mobs of different levels. I feel like this would just be chaos not gonna lie.

(see Killn and Renaiwom's posts!)
Perhaps it would be rarer to get currency in the domains? It's not guaranteed that every mob drops event currency, but it would be a good idea to decrease the rate of it dropping when literally every mob is the same element.

Thanks for listening to my weird brain's weird ideas.
LMLA6wg.png
MuAIaYM.png
honestly i'd love this - i think we need more coliseum venues anyway. this combined with the other suggestion that the level cap should be raised to 30, i think it'd get a lot more people involved in the coliseum!
honestly i'd love this - i think we need more coliseum venues anyway. this combined with the other suggestion that the level cap should be raised to 30, i think it'd get a lot more people involved in the coliseum!
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Love this idea! Support - this would make the events even more exciting.
Love this idea! Support - this would make the events even more exciting.
[quote name="444" date="2024-03-25 06:20:09" ] Cons in my idea (stuff that could go wrong): "What if you just made a team of elements strong against the event element?" That's... a good point. Maybe elementals buffs just wouldn't work?? I dunno ToT "That would decrease the value of event currency!" Perhaps it would be rarer to get currency in the domains? It's not guaranteed that every mob drops event currency, but it would be a good idea to decrease the rate of it dropping when literally every mob is the same element. [/quote] Honestly I see this CON as more of a PRO. In today's meta, some elements are inherently more valuable than others in the coliseam, such as wind, fire and arcane. Shadow tends to be an unfavourable element in the higher venues. Having elemental domains can encourage people to build more dragons of different elements, and create more demand for level 25's of various flights. Me likey. As for fest-currency inflation, here's some ideas. 1. perhaps these domains drop a pre-cursor to fest currency, and there is a swip-trade available or a trading area in Joxar's shop to get fest currency. 2. maybe decrease the drop-rate of fest currency slightly in these domains? Enough to still make it the best place to farm, while not being ridiculously OP. 3. Some threads were talking about increasing the number fest skin winners, so perhaps domain-exclusive item drops...? I also have concerns with "what if a light sprite/very expensive familiar drops and decrease their value???" I'm thinking in these domain venues, [b]retired familiars cannot drop as an item.[/b] they're there for show :'). We already have the opportunity of old event familiars from joxboxes.
444 wrote on 2024-03-25 06:20:09:

Honestly I see this CON as more of a PRO. In today's meta, some elements are inherently more valuable than others in the coliseam, such as wind, fire and arcane. Shadow tends to be an unfavourable element in the higher venues.

Having elemental domains can encourage people to build more dragons of different elements, and create more demand for level 25's of various flights.

Me likey.

As for fest-currency inflation, here's some ideas.

1. perhaps these domains drop a pre-cursor to fest currency, and there is a swip-trade available or a trading area in Joxar's shop to get fest currency.
2. maybe decrease the drop-rate of fest currency slightly in these domains? Enough to still make it the best place to farm, while not being ridiculously OP.
3. Some threads were talking about increasing the number fest skin winners, so perhaps domain-exclusive item drops...?

I also have concerns with "what if a light sprite/very expensive familiar drops and decrease their value???"
I'm thinking in these domain venues, retired familiars cannot drop as an item. they're there for show :'). We already have the opportunity of old event familiars from joxboxes.

wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs NOT marked with an ❌, should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
I mean, "What if you made a team of dragons strong against the event venue" is... it's not a problem, as you've listed. All the popular builds are set up to be strong against their relevant venues (which is why you mostly see Arcane Mire Flyers and Water/Nature Ghostlight trainers).

I honestly think "incentivize users to make teams for every fest" is a feature, not a bug- it means people are spending more time on the site figuring out and/or setting up said teams!
I mean, "What if you made a team of dragons strong against the event venue" is... it's not a problem, as you've listed. All the popular builds are set up to be strong against their relevant venues (which is why you mostly see Arcane Mire Flyers and Water/Nature Ghostlight trainers).

I honestly think "incentivize users to make teams for every fest" is a feature, not a bug- it means people are spending more time on the site figuring out and/or setting up said teams!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

this would be a really cute and fun yearly gimmick, a lot of other pet sites do similar things to this already so seeing fr adopt something similar wouldnt be a stretch :]
Honestly I would play a lot more coli if things like this were around! And like hungryhobbits said this might be a good reason to raise the level cap? This might also allow us to have more element themed fams and scenes(Considering I have seen a lot of plague fans being annoyed that there isn't a designated plague venue)
Honestly I would play a lot more coli if things like this were around! And like hungryhobbits said this might be a good reason to raise the level cap? This might also allow us to have more element themed fams and scenes(Considering I have seen a lot of plague fans being annoyed that there isn't a designated plague venue)
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Pinkerlocke

Buy!
[quote=Renaiwom] I mean, "What if you made a team of dragons strong against the event venue" is... it's not a problem, as you've listed. All the popular builds are set up to be strong against their relevant venues (which is why you mostly see Arcane Mire Flyers and Water/Nature Ghostlight trainers). I honestly think "incentivize users to make teams for every fest" is a feature, not a bug- it means people are spending more time on the site figuring out and/or setting up said teams![/quote] I hadn't thought about it that way! Now that I look back on it, I think it would be super cool to make elemental teams for each element! It would definitely encourage more people to create coli teams, as opposed to just coli dragons!
Renaiwom wrote:

I hadn't thought about it that way! Now that I look back on it, I think it would be super cool to make elemental teams for each element! It would definitely encourage more people to create coli teams, as opposed to just coli dragons!
LMLA6wg.png
MuAIaYM.png