Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Realm-wide cooperative event
After the Dustcarve Dig ended there was a question to the community if we have any idea for similar events in the future. I did sent my idea in, but it was very vague and just a few days ago for some reason my brain sparked some more specific idea xD

First thing - I love realm-wide cooperative events. I used to play some games in the past when such events were ones of the most anticipated times in the year and players were building HUGE guides and writing world-wide strategies bringing together thousands of players (like coordinating boss-fights across time zones, considering boss phases/special abilities etc.).

I'd love to see something like it in FR and the Dustcarve Dig was a nice prequel.

How I think should such event work:
- it should be recurring: it can be once a year and doesn't have to have many unique rewards; just several on the main milestones
- the milestone rewards are given to all the players who participate; while it may seem unfair that someone who just contributed once gets the same stuff as person who worked their back to get there, remember: if there's not enough participants, the milestone won't be reached, so any lazy tails around should consider it! Plus there would be some "small rewards" on the way for constant contribution (be it gems/treasure or something else), so those who work harder get more on the way.
- and for further motivation for some: some global/in-flight, individual/flight ladders can be added, just for fun and for those who like to compete.
- to address the issue of items getting retired after the event: since there would be just few, they can be added as very-low drop rate either to Coli or Digging/Scavenging, so the "future generations" can also get them (thus reaching milestones would be something like "unlocking more content for the game"). The exception may be the top-tier reward for completing the whole event, this can return as Roundsey's reward (like other retired items).
- and yeah, the event would be "failable" - if the players don't reach the last milestone in time, the top prize will have to wait until the next round :]

Now for the story itself:
Quote:
The Shade is breaching again! Every dragon in every Flight is needed to stop the encroaching invasion!
The scientists all over Sornieth are reporting increased activity of Shade residues and astrologers calculated the time when the main assault will occur. Get ready, prepare to defend your world!
Or something like that xD
In general there would be multiple phases with their own time frames like preparations, some small fights, then main battle.
There would be certain resources gathered and donated to aid the defenders or produce other needed items (like in any event on this site), but they would be needed in different amounts/combinations in each phase - much like in Dustcarve Dig.
The main difference to the Dig would be that each Flight has their own job to do - be it collecting certain item, brewing stuff at Baldwin's or performing a task (i.e. assigning dragons from your lair to work for a certain amount of time - a classical time-management). Just something that only that Flight can do. But why? To spread active players evenly across all Flights :P
The event can fail at any stage if the milestone is not reached in time. Penalty? About none - just some sad story about how the Shade has ravaged the land and everything has to be rebuilt. The not-unlocked rewards would be more painful :P

Anyway - that's the initial idea from me, let me know if you like it and how would you like such event to look.
After the Dustcarve Dig ended there was a question to the community if we have any idea for similar events in the future. I did sent my idea in, but it was very vague and just a few days ago for some reason my brain sparked some more specific idea xD

First thing - I love realm-wide cooperative events. I used to play some games in the past when such events were ones of the most anticipated times in the year and players were building HUGE guides and writing world-wide strategies bringing together thousands of players (like coordinating boss-fights across time zones, considering boss phases/special abilities etc.).

I'd love to see something like it in FR and the Dustcarve Dig was a nice prequel.

How I think should such event work:
- it should be recurring: it can be once a year and doesn't have to have many unique rewards; just several on the main milestones
- the milestone rewards are given to all the players who participate; while it may seem unfair that someone who just contributed once gets the same stuff as person who worked their back to get there, remember: if there's not enough participants, the milestone won't be reached, so any lazy tails around should consider it! Plus there would be some "small rewards" on the way for constant contribution (be it gems/treasure or something else), so those who work harder get more on the way.
- and for further motivation for some: some global/in-flight, individual/flight ladders can be added, just for fun and for those who like to compete.
- to address the issue of items getting retired after the event: since there would be just few, they can be added as very-low drop rate either to Coli or Digging/Scavenging, so the "future generations" can also get them (thus reaching milestones would be something like "unlocking more content for the game"). The exception may be the top-tier reward for completing the whole event, this can return as Roundsey's reward (like other retired items).
- and yeah, the event would be "failable" - if the players don't reach the last milestone in time, the top prize will have to wait until the next round :]

Now for the story itself:
Quote:
The Shade is breaching again! Every dragon in every Flight is needed to stop the encroaching invasion!
The scientists all over Sornieth are reporting increased activity of Shade residues and astrologers calculated the time when the main assault will occur. Get ready, prepare to defend your world!
Or something like that xD
In general there would be multiple phases with their own time frames like preparations, some small fights, then main battle.
There would be certain resources gathered and donated to aid the defenders or produce other needed items (like in any event on this site), but they would be needed in different amounts/combinations in each phase - much like in Dustcarve Dig.
The main difference to the Dig would be that each Flight has their own job to do - be it collecting certain item, brewing stuff at Baldwin's or performing a task (i.e. assigning dragons from your lair to work for a certain amount of time - a classical time-management). Just something that only that Flight can do. But why? To spread active players evenly across all Flights :P
The event can fail at any stage if the milestone is not reached in time. Penalty? About none - just some sad story about how the Shade has ravaged the land and everything has to be rebuilt. The not-unlocked rewards would be more painful :P

Anyway - that's the initial idea from me, let me know if you like it and how would you like such event to look.
00a-Sig-hatchery.png01-Sig-art.png04-Sig-hub.png
00b-Sig-hatchery.png02-Sig-wishlist.png05-Sig-fam.png
00c-Sig-hatchery.png03-Sig-CFCE.png06-Sig-empty.png
Reserved for noting down interesting ideas :)
Reserved for noting down interesting ideas :)
I think Dominance kinda also falls into the place of the realm-wide cooperative event, as well. I think Dominance might be due for a tune up to boost engagement across flights + in game incentives to be first (since right now, it’s very player-driven, which tbh is a good thing)
I think Dominance kinda also falls into the place of the realm-wide cooperative event, as well. I think Dominance might be due for a tune up to boost engagement across flights + in game incentives to be first (since right now, it’s very player-driven, which tbh is a good thing)
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
@eeep
Dominance is realm-wide, but is competitive instead of cooperative: each Flight works for themselves (there are even Flight vs. Flight battles) and in fact deepens the imbalance in number of active players between Flights - those who care about being on top move to the most wining Flights, so these Flights win even more...

I'd like to reverse this process by kinda "forcing" the Flights into balance.
@eeep
Dominance is realm-wide, but is competitive instead of cooperative: each Flight works for themselves (there are even Flight vs. Flight battles) and in fact deepens the imbalance in number of active players between Flights - those who care about being on top move to the most wining Flights, so these Flights win even more...

I'd like to reverse this process by kinda "forcing" the Flights into balance.
I would love to see more sitewide coop events! Big support.
I would love to see more sitewide coop events! Big support.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png