Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | It’s JOAT-ever Game Thread
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33 34
[quote name="@hotpants" date="2024-03-21 07:54:03" ] [b]Asherlark[/b] ([i]after[/i] doing an ISO, tunnelling in the beginning and then reaching your explanation for voting Potato halfway though, [b]I would say neutral to town leaning[/b] [emoji=wildclaw confused size=1]) [/quote] In your post, you said that after doing an ISO, you found Ash to be neutral/town leaning. I don't believe I am misrepresenting what you said. (Italics and bolded by me)
@hotpants wrote on 2024-03-21 07:54:03:
Asherlark (after doing an ISO, tunnelling in the beginning and then reaching your explanation for voting Potato halfway though, I would say neutral to town leaning )

In your post, you said that after doing an ISO, you found Ash to be neutral/town leaning. I don't believe I am misrepresenting what you said.

(Italics and bolded by me)
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
[quote name="@RaccoonusDoodus" date="2024-03-21 11:43:13" ] [quote name="@/hotpants" date="2024-03-21 07:54:03" ] [b]Asherlark[/b] ([i]after[/i] doing an ISO, tunnelling in the beginning and then reaching your explanation for voting Potato halfway though, [b]I would say neutral to town leaning[/b] [emoji=wildclaw confused size=1]) [/quote] In your post, you said that after doing an ISO, you found Ash to be neutral/town leaning. I don't believe I am misrepresenting what you said. (Italics and bolded by me) [/quote] Sorry I think I didn't explain what I meant there. I wasn't disagreeing with what you said about Asherlark, as I said I do find them to be neutral/town leaning after reading through their posts thoroughly. What I was referring to was you saying that I was defending lemontangerine or something along those lines. I felt like you made it out that my read of them was overly positive etc. when I felt like it was very obviously not, and hasn't been since I became more active in the game. Sorry if I misunderstood your point there, but I just wanted to make sure that I explained myself well. Im working on the draft for my thesis btw so I will be a bit on and off the thread today
@RaccoonusDoodus wrote on 2024-03-21 11:43:13:
@/hotpants wrote on 2024-03-21 07:54:03:
Asherlark (after doing an ISO, tunnelling in the beginning and then reaching your explanation for voting Potato halfway though, I would say neutral to town leaning )

In your post, you said that after doing an ISO, you found Ash to be neutral/town leaning. I don't believe I am misrepresenting what you said.

Sorry I think I didn't explain what I meant there. I wasn't disagreeing with what you said about Asherlark, as I said I do find them to be neutral/town leaning after reading through their posts thoroughly. What I was referring to was you saying that I was defending lemontangerine or something along those lines. I felt like you made it out that my read of them was overly positive etc. when I felt like it was very obviously not, and hasn't been since I became more active in the game. Sorry if I misunderstood your point there, but I just wanted to make sure that I explained myself well.

Im working on the draft for my thesis btw so I will be a bit on and off the thread today
seGmw74.jpg
[quote name="hotpants" date="2024-03-21 07:54:03" ] So your vote was intended as a pressure vote to try and get Stick3 to explain their vote for Sage? The only thing I would say I am confused about here is why you didn't switch your vote to lemon if you felt like they were more scummy at the time, especially after it was clear that the Stick3 voters were starting to outweigh the lemon voters @asherlark ? [/quote] I felt like Lemon was scummier when I wrote that post. I felt like Stick was scummier after dodging the question about Sage another three times. My pressure vote turned into a real scum vote because she didn't respond satisfactorily -- it wasn't a non-genuine vote that I failed to change by EoD.
hotpants wrote on 2024-03-21 07:54:03:
So your vote was intended as a pressure vote to try and get Stick3 to explain their vote for Sage? The only thing I would say I am confused about here is why you didn't switch your vote to lemon if you felt like they were more scummy at the time, especially after it was clear that the Stick3 voters were starting to outweigh the lemon voters @asherlark ?

I felt like Lemon was scummier when I wrote that post. I felt like Stick was scummier after dodging the question about Sage another three times. My pressure vote turned into a real scum vote because she didn't respond satisfactorily -- it wasn't a non-genuine vote that I failed to change by EoD.
unknown.png xiBfO47.png windsinger.png he/they/it

FR+2 (central time)

current project: earth rep

ask me about blaseball
Placing a vote on Lemon. I would like to do ISOs today but I am very tired and have a research paper to write, so it may or may not happen, but I think I've explained my reasoning well enough thus far. I don't think it's unlikely that Lemon is staying silent to make the bussing from the other scumteam member more effective. Everyone is reading him scum right now, but we really have to dodge the miselim at all costs. @lemontangerine You've certainly gotten a bunch of pings from the thread already, but once again, you're running out of time to defend yourself.
Placing a vote on Lemon. I would like to do ISOs today but I am very tired and have a research paper to write, so it may or may not happen, but I think I've explained my reasoning well enough thus far. I don't think it's unlikely that Lemon is staying silent to make the bussing from the other scumteam member more effective. Everyone is reading him scum right now, but we really have to dodge the miselim at all costs. @lemontangerine You've certainly gotten a bunch of pings from the thread already, but once again, you're running out of time to defend yourself.

FR+2 (central time)

ask me about blaseball
I'm feeling very very certain about lemontangerine though after the ISO, I was just thinking up interesting mafia game theories and would very much like to hear their responses to my questions- and @Asherlark that makes sense, thank you for explaining- I do agree that as the day went along Stick started seeming more and more suspicious so I can understand why you wouldn't have changed you vote despite initially finding lemontangerine to be more scummy
I'm feeling very very certain about lemontangerine though after the ISO, I was just thinking up interesting mafia game theories and would very much like to hear their responses to my questions- and @Asherlark that makes sense, thank you for explaining- I do agree that as the day went along Stick started seeming more and more suspicious so I can understand why you wouldn't have changed you vote despite initially finding lemontangerine to be more scummy
seGmw74.jpg
[quote name="hotpants" date="2024-03-20 23:49:15" ] @/natsinabucket I almost felt like the way Stick was acting was too suspicious for them to actually be mafia if that makes sense? Maybe that seems like some insane reverse psychology, but I feel like mafia would try a lot harder to not seem suspicious and vague. Their line vote for me also struck me as something mafia wouldn’t necessarily do as it would make them stick out and not lead to any kind of intentional outcome. It just seemed king of random? Whereas mafia would be more likely to jump on a big wagon or maybe change their vote towards the end of the day to seem less suspicious. I felt overall like lemons actions amounted to more ‘concrete’ actions of a mafia member and I think I will once again drop my vote on them today unless afree my read through of the thread again I notice anything new. [/quote] could you explain why you didn't put any of this in-thread? was it just busyness? bc it kinda feels like radar-slipping a little, esp since you criticized similar disappearing behavior from lemon here- [quote name="hotpants" date="2024-03-21 07:36:18" ] Other than that, I do not have much to say, I feel like that speaks for itself and lemon hasn't posted in the thread for a long time too (2 days) after doing an ISO of their posts [/quote] (i think the disappearing is suspicious in Both cases, to be clear) while i'll say i have no issue with lemon being the elim today (leaving my vote on them all of d2 should be clear enough re:my feelings) i don't feel very reassured by the answers hotpants has been giving, or their sudden explosion of activity, and i'm going to put a vote there. stick was probably onto something. and i have a slight conspiracy theory about mafteam bussing happening right now lol.
hotpants wrote on 2024-03-20 23:49:15:
@/natsinabucket

I almost felt like the way Stick was acting was too suspicious for them to actually be mafia if that makes sense? Maybe that seems like some insane reverse psychology, but I feel like mafia would try a lot harder to not seem suspicious and vague. Their line vote for me also struck me as something mafia wouldn’t necessarily do as it would make them stick out and not lead to any kind of intentional outcome. It just seemed king of random? Whereas mafia would be more likely to jump on a big wagon or maybe change their vote towards the end of the day to seem less suspicious.

I felt overall like lemons actions amounted to more ‘concrete’ actions of a mafia member and I think I will once again drop my vote on them today unless afree my read through of the thread again I notice anything new.
could you explain why you didn't put any of this in-thread? was it just busyness? bc it kinda feels like radar-slipping a little, esp since you criticized similar disappearing behavior from lemon here-
hotpants wrote on 2024-03-21 07:36:18:
Other than that, I do not have much to say, I feel like that speaks for itself and lemon hasn't posted in the thread for a long time too (2 days) after doing an ISO of their posts
(i think the disappearing is suspicious in Both cases, to be clear)

while i'll say i have no issue with lemon being the elim today (leaving my vote on them all of d2 should be clear enough re:my feelings) i don't feel very reassured by the answers hotpants has been giving, or their sudden explosion of activity, and i'm going to put a vote there. stick was probably onto something. and i have a slight conspiracy theory about mafteam bussing happening right now lol.
e49ylni.png
P9pWXTH.png
p8qgXPn.gif
[quote name="hotpants" date="2024-03-21 11:49:35" ] [quote name="@/RaccoonusDoodus" date="2024-03-21 11:43:13" ] [quote name="@/hotpants" date="2024-03-21 07:54:03" ] [b]Asherlark[/b] ([i]after[/i] doing an ISO, tunnelling in the beginning and then reaching your explanation for voting Potato halfway though, [b]I would say neutral to town leaning[/b] [emoji=wildclaw confused size=1]) [/quote] In your post, you said that after doing an ISO, you found Ash to be neutral/town leaning. I don't believe I am misrepresenting what you said. (Italics and bolded by me) [/quote] Sorry I think I didn't explain what I meant there. I wasn't disagreeing with what you said about Asherlark, as I said I do find them to be neutral/town leaning after reading through their posts thoroughly. What I was referring to was you saying that I was defending lemontangerine or something along those lines. I felt like you made it out that my read of them was overly positive etc. when I felt like it was very obviously not, and hasn't been since I became more active in the game. Sorry if I misunderstood your point there, but I just wanted to make sure that I explained myself well. Im working on the draft for my thesis btw so I will be a bit on and off the thread today [/quote] Because it does seem like you are based off of this: [quote name="hotpants" date="2024-03-21 07:36:18" ] [Center]-snip-[/center] [b]HOWEVER [/b] I will say that they do seem new to forum mafia, as I just remembered this post where they were asking how voting works. So I will now take that into account (I just remembered this while doing my ISO of Asherlark if I seem disorganised) when considering whether or not to vote for them today [quote name="lemontangerine" date="2024-03-16 15:49:31" ] Wait wat How do you vote? I got the idea that it was just “Haha I vote you die scum!” Just words, but is there actually mechanics involved? Cause I did not find that if that’s the case [/quote] [u]This actually makes me thing that maybe they arent so sus, because surely if lemontangerine was mafia, they would have just asked their buddy this? [/u] Please tell me what you think of that analysis, I wish there was a an emoji that was like 'mind-blowing' on here because that's how remembering this post feels [img]https://emojiisland.com/cdn/shop/products/7_grande.png[/img] [/quote] I also did ultimately concede that you did state you found them scummy: [quote name="RaccoonusDoodus" date="2024-03-21 11:30:31" ] [Center]-snip-[/center] (Same post linked above) "So, I'm back home and to preface this analysis, I will say that I'm assuming there was at least one member of the mafia team among those who voted for ChaoticPotato and the same for Stick3 and that I find it easiest to analyse by writing in a sort of stream of consciousness style as I do ISO's of each person and write my thoughts as they come. This does mean that I am reading the posts chronologically and therefore, I might change my thoughts upon reaching new posts etc." I do truly believe there was a wolf member in the Potato vote. Two of the votes have been conf!town (Stick and Fearfax) so that leaves Ash and Lemon. While Ash did vote for Stick, Lemon didn't vote at all. People who voted for Stick: - Hiii (conf town) - Terrify - Ash - Me The only crossover between this vote is Ash, yet on this post, you stated that you were reading him as neutral/town leaning. Following this logic, Ash couldn't be the wold member in the Potato vote, which leaves Lemon. And while you did put Lemon on your sus list, you seem to be trying to find posts of theirs to paint in a townie light. [B]Also following the logic, if you believe that there is a mafia member in both votes, would you pair me or Sage with Lemon since Lemon didn't vote Stick, and you are townreading Ash.[/b] [/quote]
hotpants wrote on 2024-03-21 11:49:35:
@/RaccoonusDoodus wrote on 2024-03-21 11:43:13:
@/hotpants wrote on 2024-03-21 07:54:03:

Sorry I think I didn't explain what I meant there. I wasn't disagreeing with what you said about Asherlark, as I said I do find them to be neutral/town leaning after reading through their posts thoroughly. What I was referring to was you saying that I was defending lemontangerine or something along those lines. I felt like you made it out that my read of them was overly positive etc. when I felt like it was very obviously not, and hasn't been since I became more active in the game. Sorry if I misunderstood your point there, but I just wanted to make sure that I explained myself well.

Im working on the draft for my thesis btw so I will be a bit on and off the thread today

Because it does seem like you are based off of this:
hotpants wrote on 2024-03-21 07:36:18:
-snip-
HOWEVER I will say that they do seem new to forum mafia, as I just remembered this post where they were asking how voting works. So I will now take that into account (I just remembered this while doing my ISO of Asherlark if I seem disorganised) when considering whether or not to vote for them today
lemontangerine wrote on 2024-03-16 15:49:31:
Wait wat

How do you vote? I got the idea that it was just

“Haha I vote you die scum!” Just words, but is there actually mechanics involved? Cause I did not find that if that’s the case

This actually makes me thing that maybe they arent so sus, because surely if lemontangerine was mafia, they would have just asked their buddy this? Please tell me what you think of that analysis, I wish there was a an emoji that was like 'mind-blowing' on here because that's how remembering this post feels

7_grande.png

I also did ultimately concede that you did state you found them scummy:
RaccoonusDoodus wrote on 2024-03-21 11:30:31:
-snip-

(Same post linked above)

"So, I'm back home and to preface this analysis, I will say that I'm assuming there was at least one member of the mafia team among those who voted for ChaoticPotato and the same for Stick3 and that I find it easiest to analyse by writing in a sort of stream of consciousness style as I do ISO's of each person and write my thoughts as they come. This does mean that I am reading the posts chronologically and therefore, I might change my thoughts upon reaching new posts etc."

I do truly believe there was a wolf member in the Potato vote. Two of the votes have been conf!town (Stick and Fearfax) so that leaves Ash and Lemon. While Ash did vote for Stick, Lemon didn't vote at all.

People who voted for Stick:

- Hiii (conf town)
- Terrify
- Ash
- Me

The only crossover between this vote is Ash, yet on this post, you stated that you were reading him as neutral/town leaning.

Following this logic, Ash couldn't be the wold member in the Potato vote, which leaves Lemon. And while you did put Lemon on your sus list, you seem to be trying to find posts of theirs to paint in a townie light.

Also following the logic, if you believe that there is a mafia member in both votes, would you pair me or Sage with Lemon since Lemon didn't vote Stick, and you are townreading Ash.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
[quote name="natsinabucket" date="2024-03-21 12:02:53" ] while i'll say i have no issue with lemon being the elim today (leaving my vote on them all of d2 should be clear enough re:my feelings) i don't feel very reassured by the answers hotpants has been giving, or their sudden explosion of activity, and i'm going to put a vote there. stick was probably onto something. and i have a slight conspiracy theory about mafteam bussing happening right now lol. [/quote] Think we're on the same page here re: bussing conspiracy theory.
natsinabucket wrote on 2024-03-21 12:02:53:
while i'll say i have no issue with lemon being the elim today (leaving my vote on them all of d2 should be clear enough re:my feelings) i don't feel very reassured by the answers hotpants has been giving, or their sudden explosion of activity, and i'm going to put a vote there. stick was probably onto something. and i have a slight conspiracy theory about mafteam bussing happening right now lol.

Think we're on the same page here re: bussing conspiracy theory.

FR+2 (central time)

ask me about blaseball
[quote name="Asherlark" date="2024-03-21 12:09:45" ] [quote name="@natsinabucket" date="2024-03-21 12:02:53" ] while i'll say i have no issue with lemon being the elim today (leaving my vote on them all of d2 should be clear enough re:my feelings) i don't feel very reassured by the answers hotpants has been giving, or their sudden explosion of activity, and i'm going to put a vote there. stick was probably onto something. and i have a slight conspiracy theory about mafteam bussing happening right now lol. [/quote] Think we're on the same page here re: bussing conspiracy theory. [/quote] If I were mafia trying to get one of my teammates eliminated 1. why would I try to get them eliminated in D2, isn't that a bit early? 2. why would my first analysis post be me pushing for their elimination, I just genuinely found them that sus upon first reading Responding to what you said; I've been in games where it hasn't been true. I was in a game with a mafia doctor recently and they were acting super suspicious (like so suspicious I thought there was no way they could be mafia), but then they turned out to be mafia and they made it into like the final 4? I think you were in that game even, it was maybe a month ago or so. So I wouldn't want to defend someone in that case, have they flip red and then look paired with them, I'd rather stick with my gut feeling and if you manage to get someone who's mafia but just not great at hiding it then that's good too Response to the activity thing; I'm not sure if this is the main reason people are squinting at me right now, because if it is I don't want you to waste a vote on me for that. I can literally show you my plane tickets, thesis or whatever, like I have just genuinely been super busy. If you want exact dates I was in England from the 12th - 19th, and yesterday I took my puppy to the groomers because he had some matting on his face after all the rain during his farm stay- I can even show you a picture of his new haircut (I am very happy with it, I can finally see his eyes [emoji=wildclaw star size=1]). This 'explosion of activity' is just how I normally play with lots of sporadic small posts rather than big reads etc. you know? [s]though now I see how that can be annoying, sorry if I am drowning the thread out, maybe I will limit myself from now on[/s]
Asherlark wrote on 2024-03-21 12:09:45:
@natsinabucket wrote on 2024-03-21 12:02:53:

Think we're on the same page here re: bussing conspiracy theory.

If I were mafia trying to get one of my teammates eliminated 1. why would I try to get them eliminated in D2, isn't that a bit early? 2. why would my first analysis post be me pushing for their elimination, I just genuinely found them that sus upon first reading

Responding to what you said; I've been in games where it hasn't been true. I was in a game with a mafia doctor recently and they were acting super suspicious (like so suspicious I thought there was no way they could be mafia), but then they turned out to be mafia and they made it into like the final 4? I think you were in that game even, it was maybe a month ago or so. So I wouldn't want to defend someone in that case, have they flip red and then look paired with them, I'd rather stick with my gut feeling and if you manage to get someone who's mafia but just not great at hiding it then that's good too

Response to the activity thing; I'm not sure if this is the main reason people are squinting at me right now, because if it is I don't want you to waste a vote on me for that. I can literally show you my plane tickets, thesis or whatever, like I have just genuinely been super busy. If you want exact dates I was in England from the 12th - 19th, and yesterday I took my puppy to the groomers because he had some matting on his face after all the rain during his farm stay- I can even show you a picture of his new haircut (I am very happy with it, I can finally see his eyes ). This 'explosion of activity' is just how I normally play with lots of sporadic small posts rather than big reads etc. you know? though now I see how that can be annoying, sorry if I am drowning the thread out, maybe I will limit myself from now on
seGmw74.jpg
Okay - I don't want to look like I just randomly disappeared. My entire (all but one other person) just kind of left early for the day so now it's up to me and one other person to do everything so I won't be active for a while :/

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
Okay - I don't want to look like I just randomly disappeared. My entire (all but one other person) just kind of left early for the day so now it's up to me and one other person to do everything so I won't be active for a while :/

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.

Any Pronouns - FR time
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33 34