Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | slipfast's dailies (free lore)(break)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@eyayah my fav tert? hm... i really really love pinions, even though i think they only work on very special occasions. i just bought like three pinion banescales last month lol. hby??

okay here's vesper. first of all i made them not-dragon, or kinda-dragon, and i used the word 'mara' for it 'cause i thought that was vague enough and worked. second of all their familiar's somethin' old and weird, and i named it THE DEMON but if you'd like to change that just substitute the word or name for where the spoilers are! they were actually fun lwk. their lashers remind me of eve's from KDA. let me know what you think and if i can link them in the thread!!

The first time Vesper met THE DEMON, they were lost in the void, had been for years, and starving to death. They could feel the magic turning thick and stagnant in their veins, slowly choking them at an excruciating rate. It was the first time in their life Vesper had managed to void-jump, though they’d held the ability from birth, and the depths of the void between worlds held no love for them. The experience was terrifying. They were surrounded by a crushing, living Nothingness – an unending, unchanging black that pressed in close and sought the halting of Vesper’s heart. They didn’t know how to escape, but the true factor that allowed the scales to tip in the side of the shadows was that nothing lived and nothing moved. Vesper had nothing to hunt. Vesper had no food. Although they were a lesser-known, less-common type of mara, akin to a succubi but rooted in pure lifeforce – Vesper was still linked intrinsically to the very void they were now trapped in. And it needed them to eat.

Bar that, and the next available lifeforce was Vesper themself. All they could do was move, forward, and search blindly for light.

And then THE DEMON appeared. Looming, large, and older than anything Vesper had ever known, it could’ve ended them immediately. It could have snuffed Vesper out with less effort or thought than what took a twitch of the extremities of its corporeal form. Vesper themself was half-dead and delirious, able to do little more initially than gasp up at it, but soon they had enough self-preservation left to try and claw their weak body away. They did not make it far. Truly, they thought they had arrived upon the site of their deathbed.

But THE DEMON did not end them. It did not spear their soul through with ancient force, or rip Vesper’s own magic right out of them – it did not even try to move closer. It stayed still and calm. And then it offered them a deal. One whose words reverberated through Vesper’s skull as if spoken aloud, and whispered of THE DEMON’s intent, of the power it held which it chose not to display.

And Vesper agreed.

Obligingly, THE DEMON returned them to their plane, and for a long time, Vesper did not hear of it again. They did not even brush up against the void, ever-present and lingering as it was. (They dared not.) They hoped it would be the last they encountered THE DEMON.

The second time THE DEMON entered the stage of Vesper’s life, the mara was attempting to woo the favour of a particularly influential eastern clan: one with incredible connection in the dragon world, not to mention raw academic knowledge. This time, Vesper’s deal was not a matter of hunger or survival (gods knew that living in a highly populated area allowed them to feed without killing anyone – dragons were so full of life, just bursting with it, how did they not explode?). This time, Vesper was trying to secure their own future, a future not as a mara, but as a dragon.

The moment they were accepted into the guild by the clan leader, standing before their new kin, clothed in ceremonial robes and watching their new matriarch turn to them with a smile – THE DEMON decided to make good on their deal for the first time in the decades since its conception. Vesper’s vision went black just as they shook the leader’s claws. They fell unconscious as an accepted dragon, feeling warm and welcomed. They awoke to find the land around them charred and destroyed for leagues – their new clanmates dead and dismembered. Gruesomely.

And a presence, a familiar one, lingering inside of Vesper’s magic and bones… licking its chops in the kind of satisfaction only an immortal can feel after centuries of non-indulgence.

In their rage and grief (one born mainly out of what could have been), Vesper did the only thing they could. They bound THE DEMON to a living form – suppressing its magic and tying it to Vesper forever – to a familiar, of all things. (And, in retrospect (as well as many arguments made by THE DEMON itself), Vesper does suppose this was an act of spite.) One large enough to house THE DEMON’s power without destroying the flesh, but docile enough that Vesper could tie the magical knot good and tight. A midnight lantern.

THE DEMON was enraged, but there was little it could do. Vesper had not tampered with its contract, nor its power; they had not broken the terms of their deal. They had simply given it limitations. A leash.

And so it was forced to remain with Vesper in their plane, away from the void and its brethren. Lurking and trailing behind them, it constantly whispered to them and tugged at their magic for whatever scraps of power and lifeforce they would allow it. It was not all bad, when placated with novelties such as small animals and trinkets. It could even act… fond.

Vesper grew used to it. Their newest clanmates, however, did not.
@eyayah my fav tert? hm... i really really love pinions, even though i think they only work on very special occasions. i just bought like three pinion banescales last month lol. hby??

okay here's vesper. first of all i made them not-dragon, or kinda-dragon, and i used the word 'mara' for it 'cause i thought that was vague enough and worked. second of all their familiar's somethin' old and weird, and i named it THE DEMON but if you'd like to change that just substitute the word or name for where the spoilers are! they were actually fun lwk. their lashers remind me of eve's from KDA. let me know what you think and if i can link them in the thread!!

The first time Vesper met THE DEMON, they were lost in the void, had been for years, and starving to death. They could feel the magic turning thick and stagnant in their veins, slowly choking them at an excruciating rate. It was the first time in their life Vesper had managed to void-jump, though they’d held the ability from birth, and the depths of the void between worlds held no love for them. The experience was terrifying. They were surrounded by a crushing, living Nothingness – an unending, unchanging black that pressed in close and sought the halting of Vesper’s heart. They didn’t know how to escape, but the true factor that allowed the scales to tip in the side of the shadows was that nothing lived and nothing moved. Vesper had nothing to hunt. Vesper had no food. Although they were a lesser-known, less-common type of mara, akin to a succubi but rooted in pure lifeforce – Vesper was still linked intrinsically to the very void they were now trapped in. And it needed them to eat.

Bar that, and the next available lifeforce was Vesper themself. All they could do was move, forward, and search blindly for light.

And then THE DEMON appeared. Looming, large, and older than anything Vesper had ever known, it could’ve ended them immediately. It could have snuffed Vesper out with less effort or thought than what took a twitch of the extremities of its corporeal form. Vesper themself was half-dead and delirious, able to do little more initially than gasp up at it, but soon they had enough self-preservation left to try and claw their weak body away. They did not make it far. Truly, they thought they had arrived upon the site of their deathbed.

But THE DEMON did not end them. It did not spear their soul through with ancient force, or rip Vesper’s own magic right out of them – it did not even try to move closer. It stayed still and calm. And then it offered them a deal. One whose words reverberated through Vesper’s skull as if spoken aloud, and whispered of THE DEMON’s intent, of the power it held which it chose not to display.

And Vesper agreed.

Obligingly, THE DEMON returned them to their plane, and for a long time, Vesper did not hear of it again. They did not even brush up against the void, ever-present and lingering as it was. (They dared not.) They hoped it would be the last they encountered THE DEMON.

The second time THE DEMON entered the stage of Vesper’s life, the mara was attempting to woo the favour of a particularly influential eastern clan: one with incredible connection in the dragon world, not to mention raw academic knowledge. This time, Vesper’s deal was not a matter of hunger or survival (gods knew that living in a highly populated area allowed them to feed without killing anyone – dragons were so full of life, just bursting with it, how did they not explode?). This time, Vesper was trying to secure their own future, a future not as a mara, but as a dragon.

The moment they were accepted into the guild by the clan leader, standing before their new kin, clothed in ceremonial robes and watching their new matriarch turn to them with a smile – THE DEMON decided to make good on their deal for the first time in the decades since its conception. Vesper’s vision went black just as they shook the leader’s claws. They fell unconscious as an accepted dragon, feeling warm and welcomed. They awoke to find the land around them charred and destroyed for leagues – their new clanmates dead and dismembered. Gruesomely.

And a presence, a familiar one, lingering inside of Vesper’s magic and bones… licking its chops in the kind of satisfaction only an immortal can feel after centuries of non-indulgence.

In their rage and grief (one born mainly out of what could have been), Vesper did the only thing they could. They bound THE DEMON to a living form – suppressing its magic and tying it to Vesper forever – to a familiar, of all things. (And, in retrospect (as well as many arguments made by THE DEMON itself), Vesper does suppose this was an act of spite.) One large enough to house THE DEMON’s power without destroying the flesh, but docile enough that Vesper could tie the magical knot good and tight. A midnight lantern.

THE DEMON was enraged, but there was little it could do. Vesper had not tampered with its contract, nor its power; they had not broken the terms of their deal. They had simply given it limitations. A leash.

And so it was forced to remain with Vesper in their plane, away from the void and its brethren. Lurking and trailing behind them, it constantly whispered to them and tugged at their magic for whatever scraps of power and lifeforce they would allow it. It was not all bad, when placated with novelties such as small animals and trinkets. It could even act… fond.

Vesper grew used to it. Their newest clanmates, however, did not.
tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png ...

hi, i'm slipfast :)

and this is alicent
............................................................................................

SVKYjFc.gif
OH MY GOODNESS I. LOVE THIS??? DUDE?? WOW. AWESOME WORK. this is ABSOLUTELY going in their bio I LOVE THIS. this is so freaking GOOD. i dont even have the words to express how much i love this!!!!

and my favorite ancient tert is probably augment

and yes absolutely you may link them!!!!
OH MY GOODNESS I. LOVE THIS??? DUDE?? WOW. AWESOME WORK. this is ABSOLUTELY going in their bio I LOVE THIS. this is so freaking GOOD. i dont even have the words to express how much i love this!!!!

and my favorite ancient tert is probably augment

and yes absolutely you may link them!!!!
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
@eyayah haha yess i have to stop myself from getting sandsurges w augment. so happy you like ittt!!! :DDD
@eyayah haha yess i have to stop myself from getting sandsurges w augment. so happy you like ittt!!! :DDD

and this is alicent
............................................................................................

SVKYjFc.gif
@slipfast
sorry for the late response i just got off my shift from work but ah, i see!
also oh my goodness, i love the lore you wrote! 'proud and loyal' definitely fits sol's vibes.
also also (lots of alsos ajksksjhf) you can absolutely put it in the thread!
@slipfast
sorry for the late response i just got off my shift from work but ah, i see!
also oh my goodness, i love the lore you wrote! 'proud and loyal' definitely fits sol's vibes.
also also (lots of alsos ajksksjhf) you can absolutely put it in the thread!
15288.png Mattie/Sol
MUYNhfy.pngQ0p4QGz.png
bYt72YT.png fkWjutW.png
J7D1quC.pngWKtl2lb.png
྿྿྿
྿྿྿
@slipfast how I am GLAD THAT YOU TOOK THOSE LIBERTIES! the story is absolutely heartbreaking and so heartwarming, I love what you did with Yasmin! Again phenomenal writing, way out of what I expected in a good way. You never disappoint, will be coming back again at some point in time!
@slipfast how I am GLAD THAT YOU TOOK THOSE LIBERTIES! the story is absolutely heartbreaking and so heartwarming, I love what you did with Yasmin! Again phenomenal writing, way out of what I expected in a good way. You never disappoint, will be coming back again at some point in time!
~art shop~
@queerhyena well thank you for choosing me to be the first! apologies for the wait, this week of my life has been crazy lol.

i think the next dragon species should be based off of a carnivorous mammal. like hyenas. i want big slavering jaws and hunched-over postures like they're thinking about lunging forward any second. lol. i'm getting a little sick of the slender-bodied multi-winged big-bug-eyed types. how about you?

here's marrow! i wanted to keep him a little simple, and explore the moments where maybe he didn't think about his curse. (and when he did. when you don't have evidence that it's still with you, when you don't touch anyone for years, wouldn't you hope its gone? what would you do to check?) let me know what you think, and if i can link him and the lore in the thread!

Sometimes I wake from a dream in which I am not monstrous. The day shines clear and bright above me, the wasteland’s russet fog drifting across the dry land, and in the moment I blink sleep from my gnarled eyes, I forget.

I do not remember that the last dragon to hold me gently died within the hour, or that in his town I exist now as a ghost story. The fact that in numerous lands, simply the sight of me would be enough to cause a panic – it does not worm its way into my brain and needle at me. The deeds of my early days, when I was more ignorant, and unwise, do not dog my footsteps.

(The choices I make cannot touch me. My conscience does not remind me of the times my heart fills with hope, and I wonder, just for a little while, after years of no incident, if perhaps, perhaps, if there is just one small chance –

The times I venture out, and seek small animals. Delicate things, with trembling wings and wide eyes, and an instinct to run from me. When I extend one claw, and watch them collapse in agony, their skin sloughing off, their tiny paws scrabbling at the ground. Eventually, their bones lie still in the dust, and I am reassured that I am still trapped within the confines of this curse. No matter how much I wish otherwise.)

Early mornings are my favorites. When sleep slides off me slowly, and I am not afraid. For just a few seconds, I peer up into the sky, and I am at peace.
@queerhyena well thank you for choosing me to be the first! apologies for the wait, this week of my life has been crazy lol.

i think the next dragon species should be based off of a carnivorous mammal. like hyenas. i want big slavering jaws and hunched-over postures like they're thinking about lunging forward any second. lol. i'm getting a little sick of the slender-bodied multi-winged big-bug-eyed types. how about you?

here's marrow! i wanted to keep him a little simple, and explore the moments where maybe he didn't think about his curse. (and when he did. when you don't have evidence that it's still with you, when you don't touch anyone for years, wouldn't you hope its gone? what would you do to check?) let me know what you think, and if i can link him and the lore in the thread!

Sometimes I wake from a dream in which I am not monstrous. The day shines clear and bright above me, the wasteland’s russet fog drifting across the dry land, and in the moment I blink sleep from my gnarled eyes, I forget.

I do not remember that the last dragon to hold me gently died within the hour, or that in his town I exist now as a ghost story. The fact that in numerous lands, simply the sight of me would be enough to cause a panic – it does not worm its way into my brain and needle at me. The deeds of my early days, when I was more ignorant, and unwise, do not dog my footsteps.

(The choices I make cannot touch me. My conscience does not remind me of the times my heart fills with hope, and I wonder, just for a little while, after years of no incident, if perhaps, perhaps, if there is just one small chance –

The times I venture out, and seek small animals. Delicate things, with trembling wings and wide eyes, and an instinct to run from me. When I extend one claw, and watch them collapse in agony, their skin sloughing off, their tiny paws scrabbling at the ground. Eventually, their bones lie still in the dust, and I am reassured that I am still trapped within the confines of this curse. No matter how much I wish otherwise.)

Early mornings are my favorites. When sleep slides off me slowly, and I am not afraid. For just a few seconds, I peer up into the sky, and I am at peace.

and this is alicent

SVKYjFc.gif
@slipfast

YESSS i absolutely agree with you... i'd do Anything for a hyena/carnivorous animal inspired dragon! big teeth.... big hulking body.... im biased i guess tho bc obelisks are my favorite breed, haha.

you can Absolutely link him in the thread - what you wrote for him is beautiful and heart-wrenching, my poor baby boy
i loooove love love him existing as some sort of ghost story in the towns he tried to settle and find happiness in..
him gettting his hopes up once every x-number of years that, maybe.... </3

this is beautiful, thank you so, so much!!! i cant express my appreciation enough
@slipfast

YESSS i absolutely agree with you... i'd do Anything for a hyena/carnivorous animal inspired dragon! big teeth.... big hulking body.... im biased i guess tho bc obelisks are my favorite breed, haha.

you can Absolutely link him in the thread - what you wrote for him is beautiful and heart-wrenching, my poor baby boy
i loooove love love him existing as some sort of ghost story in the towns he tried to settle and find happiness in..
him gettting his hopes up once every x-number of years that, maybe.... </3

this is beautiful, thank you so, so much!!! i cant express my appreciation enough
eK7PP6Y.png
5hF3FGk.png
1vAtYxM.png FYXIaUn.png

YMPbu9R.png
@Dakializ my favorite dragon is lake! he's a representative, and holds the lore of where he lives :) thank you for asking!

i have to say, i don't think i entirely understand cottoncandy's lore, but i did my best. i think it's very creative! let me know what you think, and if i can link him in the thread!

An Aether stood beneath the quiet hum of the forest at night, looking up at the canopy of stars above. Soft, glowing orbs of light twirled slowly round him - stars and constellations, responding to his thoughts and mood. They were present often, now, ever since CottonCandy had learned of his powers.

It had been a beautiful day, the air heavy with promises of sunlight and laughter. CottonCandy’s children played in a forest clearing, their voices echoing like music in his ears as he watched on. His heart swelled at the very sight of them. Ever since their mother left him, CottonCandy had felt like perhaps he was unfit to raise them on his own… but seeing them as they were, carefree and full of joy, reassured him.

It was during that hour, leisurely and full of hope, that CottonCandy first had a glimpse of his own powers. Vast and old, forgotten and untouched, he knew in an instant that they were not of this world. And their secrets lay waiting to be unlocked. It was as if a veil had been lifted from his sight, revealing possibilities CottonCandy had never dared to imagine.

In that moment, he knew he possessed powers beyond comprehension, abilities that defied the laws of reason. But more than that, he knew he had a responsibility – to protect those he loved.

And so, with the help of his daughters, CottonCandy set out to learn. Juliet and Cameron, with their own powers, were able to discern that he needed 100 offspring to reach his full magical potential. CottonCandy felt almost daunted by the prospect, but he was willing to try. And though he knew the path ahead would be fraught with challenges and uncertainty, as long as CottonCandy had Juliet and Cameron by his side, there was nothing they couldn’t overcome.
@Dakializ my favorite dragon is lake! he's a representative, and holds the lore of where he lives :) thank you for asking!

i have to say, i don't think i entirely understand cottoncandy's lore, but i did my best. i think it's very creative! let me know what you think, and if i can link him in the thread!

An Aether stood beneath the quiet hum of the forest at night, looking up at the canopy of stars above. Soft, glowing orbs of light twirled slowly round him - stars and constellations, responding to his thoughts and mood. They were present often, now, ever since CottonCandy had learned of his powers.

It had been a beautiful day, the air heavy with promises of sunlight and laughter. CottonCandy’s children played in a forest clearing, their voices echoing like music in his ears as he watched on. His heart swelled at the very sight of them. Ever since their mother left him, CottonCandy had felt like perhaps he was unfit to raise them on his own… but seeing them as they were, carefree and full of joy, reassured him.

It was during that hour, leisurely and full of hope, that CottonCandy first had a glimpse of his own powers. Vast and old, forgotten and untouched, he knew in an instant that they were not of this world. And their secrets lay waiting to be unlocked. It was as if a veil had been lifted from his sight, revealing possibilities CottonCandy had never dared to imagine.

In that moment, he knew he possessed powers beyond comprehension, abilities that defied the laws of reason. But more than that, he knew he had a responsibility – to protect those he loved.

And so, with the help of his daughters, CottonCandy set out to learn. Juliet and Cameron, with their own powers, were able to discern that he needed 100 offspring to reach his full magical potential. CottonCandy felt almost daunted by the prospect, but he was willing to try. And though he knew the path ahead would be fraught with challenges and uncertainty, as long as CottonCandy had Juliet and Cameron by his side, there was nothing they couldn’t overcome.

and this is alicent

SVKYjFc.gif
[b]What's your favorite dragon book? (book that has dragons in it)[/b] Wings of fire!! Haven't gotten far into the series but boy do I love dragons!! I really need to find more dragon books but I also like Game of Thrones!! [b]Show me anniversary dragons![/b] Hazin here is an anniversary dragon!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78700059][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/787001/78700059_350.png[/img][/url] i didn't get him during the anniversary though, i adopted him!!! EDIT: for the lore... hmm!! how about for Hazin himself? maybe something along the lines of a beauty parlor that they own and how he's a secret musical artist!! (like a singer or musician??) anything goes with him! he's just happy to be here and is super social too :)
What's your favorite dragon book? (book that has dragons in it)

Wings of fire!! Haven't gotten far into the series but boy do I love dragons!! I really need to find more dragon books but I also like Game of Thrones!!

Show me anniversary dragons!

Hazin here is an anniversary dragon!!

78700059_350.png

i didn't get him during the anniversary though, i adopted him!!!

EDIT: for the lore... hmm!! how about for Hazin himself? maybe something along the lines of a beauty parlor that they own and how he's a secret musical artist!! (like a singer or musician??) anything goes with him! he's just happy to be here and is super social too :)
muah Ny2nyyg.png x xenonyn
pings are welcomed!
fr +3 | est/edt
isfp | capricorn
i love the color green
jilian
xxxxxxx J0iUWhB.png
5Hr7pRA.png
DGTLR6o.png
3CInD4g.png
Dmsnoiy.png
x mneBrSJ.png hello, ur
a cutie
bump
bump

and this is alicent

SVKYjFc.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13