Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | Custom Naming Services
[center]You know the feeling--You get your ducks all in a row, everything is going well, you're on a roll that only goes up...and you stop dead in your tracks with the realization that you have no idea what to call your new dragon or familiar or battle party.[/center] [center]I offer you, not [i]the[/i], but definitely a solution.[/center] [center]My favorite part of Character Creation, dungeon mastering, conlang, and story writing is Naming. It's fun, it's puzzling, it makes me think. I did some cursory research of the services offered here, and it seems that the glee I feel in finding a fun new name is not entirely shared by the community at large. So, here's what I'm offering. [/center] [left]You give me:[/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+Name Vibe (For Instance: I want my name to feel ferocious, victorious, or cute. Or, I want my name to feel like it came from The Lord of the Rings. Please limit One (1) vibe per list of ten names)[/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+ Language/s of Origin (For Instance: I want my list to come from the Irish. Or, I want my list to contain Irish and French. Or, I want my list to contain multiple languages.)[/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+ Name Meaning (For Instance: I want my name to mean 'wise', please use more than one language to generate a list. Or: I want my name to mean 'soft', please use Irish)[/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+ Color Vibe (For Instance: I want my name to feel purple and orange, or I want my name to feel blue. Please limit to two (2) colors per 10 names.)[/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+ Letter Content (For Instance: I want my list to contain names that start with 'F'. Or, I want my list to contain names that have a strong 'S' sound. When choosing this option, please choose more than one Language of Origin or indicate that you would like a list of Five (5) names rather than Ten (10).)[/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+ Historical Accuracy (For Instance: I would like my list to only contain real words from language and history. Or, I would like my list to only contain words that are made up. If this is left blank you will receive an equally mixed list of made-up and historical names.) [/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+ Gender (For Instance: I want my list to sound masc/masculine. Or, I want my list to sound femme/female and nonbinary in a mix. If this is left blank you will receive an equally mixed list of names that sound masc, femme, nonbinary, and agender.)[/left] [left][emoji=gem size=1]+ Type of Name (For Instance: I want use-names. Or, I want combat Party names.) [/left] [right]You receive:[/right] [right]A list of at least ten (10) names curated to your specifications, or more if I get into my happy place and go a little nuts.[/right] [center][quote]This is complicated, you've confused me. How does this work?[/quote][/center] [center]So let's say you hand me these specifications:[/center] [left][emoji=gem size=1]x5 I want you to make me a list of use-names from Irish and Scottish words, I want them to sound made-up, I want them to sound masc, and I want them to feel powerful. [/left] [left]The cost is equal to the number of your specifications, in this case, 5 diamonds[/left] [left]As quickly as possible, I will send you a list that looks kinda like this:[/left] [right]Barrógaigh (Barr-oh-gay, from the Irish 'barróg' to wrestle, or to grasp) [/right] [right]Claibheamh (Clay-vee, from the Scottish 'claidheamh mór' or claymore, meaning essentially 'big sword', and the Hindu boy's name 'Bheem' meaning powerful)[/right] [right]Skean (skeen, from the Scottish 'sgian', meaning knife)[/right] [right]Oscartagir (osh-car-tag-ear) from the Irish 'oscartha' or powerful, and 'tagairt' meaning reference. Altogether, "the reference point of power") [/right] [right]Tarbhi (tar-vee from the Irish 'tarbh' meaning bull-like, or massive, powerful.)[/right] [right]Éachtachi (Ayyk-tak-ki from the Irish 'éachtach' meaning death-dealing, and 'éachtai' meaning 'wonderousness') [/right] [right]Urrúnta (OO-roon-ta from the Irish meaning strong, robust)[/right] [right]Maucht (Mow-kkht from the Scottish meaning might or ability in the physical sense)[/right] [right]Moin (M-oyy-n from the Scottish moyen, meaning power or might in a financial sense)[/right] [right]Virracht (Vir-rakt from the Scots word 'virr' from the Leesome Brand line (Child Ballads 15, 1828) “might and virr” meaning energy, and the Irish 'racht' meaning pent-up emotion. Altogether, 'powerful energetic passion') [/right] [center]You can use any combination of specifications, or even all the specifications, but you need at least one.[/center] [left]Available Languages:[/left] [left]Fantasy Conlangs[/left] [left]Khuzdul (LOTR)[/left] [left]Sindarin Elvish (LOTR)[/left] [left]Quenya Elvish (LOTR)[/left] [left]Dovahzul (Skyrim)[/left] [left]Dothraki (GOT)[/left] [left]High Valyrian (GOT)[/left] [left]Ancient Language (Inheritance Cycle)[/left] [left]Urgal (Inheritance Cycle)[/left] [left]Dwarvish (Inheritance Cycle)[/left] [left]Atlaans (Disney's The Lost City Of Atlantis) (EXTREMELY limited, pls pick more than one language)[/left] [left]Real-Life Languages:[/left] [left]Irish[/left] [left]Scots[/left] [left]Latin[/left] [left]Italian[/left] [left]Portuguese[/left] [left]Spanish[/left] [left]French[/left] [left]Greek[/left] [right]Fandoms and Languages I absolutely will not utilize in my names:[/right] [right]Harry Potter[/right] [right]Avatar (Na'vi)[/right] [right]Huttese (Star Wars)[/right] [center]Prices are currently listed in gems, but treasure in the weight of 500 (five hundred) treasure per specification.[/center] I will be [i]attempting[/i] (as of 3/3/24) to release lists of names with random specifications every week that are totally free to use. [center]I am excited to serve, so drop me a line and let me know what you think![/center]
You know the feeling--You get your ducks all in a row, everything is going well, you're on a roll that only goes up...and you stop dead in your tracks with the realization that you have no idea what to call your new dragon or familiar or battle party.
I offer you, not the, but definitely a solution.
My favorite part of Character Creation, dungeon mastering, conlang, and story writing is Naming. It's fun, it's puzzling, it makes me think. I did some cursory research of the services offered here, and it seems that the glee I feel in finding a fun new name is not entirely shared by the community at large. So, here's what I'm offering.
You give me:
+Name Vibe (For Instance: I want my name to feel ferocious, victorious, or cute. Or, I want my name to feel like it came from The Lord of the Rings. Please limit One (1) vibe per list of ten names)
+ Language/s of Origin (For Instance: I want my list to come from the Irish. Or, I want my list to contain Irish and French. Or, I want my list to contain multiple languages.)
+ Name Meaning (For Instance: I want my name to mean 'wise', please use more than one language to generate a list. Or: I want my name to mean 'soft', please use Irish)
+ Color Vibe (For Instance: I want my name to feel purple and orange, or I want my name to feel blue. Please limit to two (2) colors per 10 names.)
+ Letter Content (For Instance: I want my list to contain names that start with 'F'. Or, I want my list to contain names that have a strong 'S' sound. When choosing this option, please choose more than one Language of Origin or indicate that you would like a list of Five (5) names rather than Ten (10).)
+ Historical Accuracy (For Instance: I would like my list to only contain real words from language and history. Or, I would like my list to only contain words that are made up. If this is left blank you will receive an equally mixed list of made-up and historical names.)
+ Gender (For Instance: I want my list to sound masc/masculine. Or, I want my list to sound femme/female and nonbinary in a mix. If this is left blank you will receive an equally mixed list of names that sound masc, femme, nonbinary, and agender.)
+ Type of Name (For Instance: I want use-names. Or, I want combat Party names.)
You receive:
A list of at least ten (10) names curated to your specifications, or more if I get into my happy place and go a little nuts.
Quote:
This is complicated, you've confused me. How does this work?
So let's say you hand me these specifications:
x5 I want you to make me a list of use-names from Irish and Scottish words, I want them to sound made-up, I want them to sound masc, and I want them to feel powerful.
The cost is equal to the number of your specifications, in this case, 5 diamonds
As quickly as possible, I will send you a list that looks kinda like this:
Barrógaigh (Barr-oh-gay, from the Irish 'barróg' to wrestle, or to grasp)
Claibheamh (Clay-vee, from the Scottish 'claidheamh mór' or claymore, meaning essentially 'big sword', and the Hindu boy's name 'Bheem' meaning powerful)
Skean (skeen, from the Scottish 'sgian', meaning knife)
Oscartagir (osh-car-tag-ear) from the Irish 'oscartha' or powerful, and 'tagairt' meaning reference. Altogether, "the reference point of power")
Tarbhi (tar-vee from the Irish 'tarbh' meaning bull-like, or massive, powerful.)
Éachtachi (Ayyk-tak-ki from the Irish 'éachtach' meaning death-dealing, and 'éachtai' meaning 'wonderousness')
Urrúnta (OO-roon-ta from the Irish meaning strong, robust)
Maucht (Mow-kkht from the Scottish meaning might or ability in the physical sense)
Moin (M-oyy-n from the Scottish moyen, meaning power or might in a financial sense)
Virracht (Vir-rakt from the Scots word 'virr' from the Leesome Brand line (Child Ballads 15, 1828) “might and virr” meaning energy, and the Irish 'racht' meaning pent-up emotion. Altogether, 'powerful energetic passion')
You can use any combination of specifications, or even all the specifications, but you need at least one.
Available Languages:
Fantasy Conlangs
Khuzdul (LOTR)
Sindarin Elvish (LOTR)
Quenya Elvish (LOTR)
Dovahzul (Skyrim)
Dothraki (GOT)
High Valyrian (GOT)
Ancient Language (Inheritance Cycle)
Urgal (Inheritance Cycle)
Dwarvish (Inheritance Cycle)
Atlaans (Disney's The Lost City Of Atlantis) (EXTREMELY limited, pls pick more than one language)
Real-Life Languages:
Irish
Scots
Latin
Italian
Portuguese
Spanish
French
Greek
Fandoms and Languages I absolutely will not utilize in my names:
Harry Potter
Huttese (Star Wars)
Prices are currently listed in gems, but treasure in the weight of 500 (five hundred) treasure per specification.

I will be attempting (as of 3/3/24) to release lists of names with random specifications every week that are totally free to use.
I am excited to serve, so drop me a line and let me know what you think!
kvgMwbs.pngY7MOfeL.pngZ33buiu.pngBZnhUNi.png
1K4395x.png
My Method: There are 8 Specifications. First, Roll a d8 for the number of specifications used in the list. Result: 4       Then roll the d8 and count down the list till there are 5 total specifications and generate the list. Roll 1: 6) Historical Accuracy I am choosing in this case to lean towards Fantasy rather than currently established names in the 21st century social lexicon. I may still use words that [i]are[/i] [u]words[/u] in languages currently used, but the idea is for them to sound or feel ‘storybook’ in nature. Roll 2: 4) Color Vibe I want my list to feel or reference purple, I think. Roll 3: 7) Gender I want my list to be gender neutral and agender. That is to say: names that, when spoken, do not evoke a specific gender. The name René, for instance, is considered gender-neutral because it [i]sounds[/i] neither explicitly male or female when heard on the ear, rather than read by the eye. The [i]grammatical[/i] gender of the words I use doesn’t bear on whether that that word sounds neutral to me; I am simply taking the word at it’s face-value translation into English. Roll 4: Name Vibe I want my names to evoke the night sky and space.   1.    Elicombae [emoji=paintbrush size=1][b][i] élicombë [/i][/b]Quenya, noun. “galaxy, collection of stars” 2.    Tiniath [emoji=paintbrush size=1][b] [i]Tiniath[/i][/b] Sindarin, noun. “group of stars, star-cluster, constellation” [b]3.     [/b]Ranalinque [emoji=paintbrush size=1][b] [i]ranalinquë[/i][/b] Quenya, proper name, “Moon-grass”[b][/b] 4.    Penumbra [emoji=paintbrush size=1][b] Penumbra, [/b]noun. A partial shadow outside the complete shadow of an opaque object. It occurs when only part of a light source is cut off. 5.    Tinweturath[emoji=paintbrush size=1][b] [/b]“Ruler of the Stars[b]”. [i]Túrath[/i] [/b]Sindarin term, “master”, [b][i]Tinwe[/i][/b] Middle Period Quenya, “star, spark” [b]6.     [/b]Elenwe [emoji=paintbrush size=1] [b][i]Elenwë[/i][/b] Quenya name, “star-person”[b][/b] 7.    Minuial [emoji=paintbrush size=1][b][i]Minuial[/i] [/b]Sindarin noun, "morrowdim", the time near dawn, when the stars fade 8.    Baknulkhud [emoji=paintbrush size=1] [b][i]Baknulkud[/i][/b] Khuzdul noun, “dawn twilight” 9.    Thatarul [emoji=paintbrush size=1] [b][i]Thatarul[/i][/b] Khuzdul adjective “stary / star-like / from (the) stars” 10.                Thutratur [emoji=paintbrush size=1] [b][i]Thutratur[/i][/b] Khuzdul term, “Tiny Star”
My Method: There are 8 Specifications.

First, Roll a d8 for the number of specifications used
in the list.

Result: 4      

Then roll the d8 and count down the list till there are
5 total specifications and generate the list.

Roll 1: 6) Historical Accuracy

I am choosing in this case to lean towards Fantasy
rather than currently established names in the 21st century social lexicon. I
may still use words that are words in languages currently used,
but the idea is for them to sound or feel ‘storybook’ in nature.

Roll 2: 4) Color Vibe

I want my list to feel or reference purple, I think.

Roll 3: 7) Gender

I want my list to be gender neutral and agender. That
is to say: names that, when spoken, do not evoke a specific gender. The name
René, for instance, is considered gender-neutral because it sounds
neither explicitly male or female when heard on the ear, rather than read by
the eye. The grammatical gender of the words I use doesn’t bear on whether
that that word sounds neutral to me; I am simply taking the word at it’s face-value
translation into English.

Roll 4: Name Vibe

I want my names to evoke the night sky and space.

Elicombae élicombë Quenya, noun. “galaxy, collection of
stars”

Tiniath
Tiniath Sindarin, noun. “group of stars,
star-cluster, constellation”

Ranalinque
ranalinquë Quenya, proper name, “Moon-grass”

Penumbra
Penumbra, noun. A partial shadow outside the complete shadow of an opaque
object. It occurs when only part of a light source is cut off.

Tinweturath “Ruler of the Stars”. Túrath Sindarin term,
“master”, Tinwe Middle Period Quenya, “star, spark”

Elenwe
Elenwë Quenya name,
“star-person”

Minuial
Minuial Sindarin noun,
"morrowdim", the time near dawn, when the stars fade

Baknulkhud  Baknulkud Khuzdul noun, “dawn
twilight”

Thatarul  Thatarul Khuzdul adjective “stary
/ star-like / from (the) stars”

Thutratur  Thutratur Khuzdul term, “Tiny
Star”

1K4395x.png
@Doriath (not sure if you’re subbed, sorry for the double ping if you are!) are you only doing this service following your specifications or would you be interested in providing names based on custom criteria as well? I have a dragon I’d love to get name suggestions for based on a lore blurb. Just let me know what your pricing would be if you’re interested!
@Doriath (not sure if you’re subbed, sorry for the double ping if you are!) are you only doing this service following your specifications or would you be interested in providing names based on custom criteria as well? I have a dragon I’d love to get name suggestions for based on a lore blurb. Just let me know what your pricing would be if you’re interested!
1XvTtel.png
@rufusdrumknott lordy, fourth time's the charm I hope Hello Hi! I'd love to make a list based on your custom lore specifications! I'm super terrible with estimations, but what say ye to 6 gems per list of ten names? I'm so happy that you're interested and I am so excited to hear about your lore this is awesome!
@rufusdrumknott lordy, fourth time's the charm I hope Hello Hi! I'd love to make a list based on your custom lore specifications! I'm super terrible with estimations, but what say ye to 6 gems per list of ten names? I'm so happy that you're interested and I am so excited to hear about your lore this is awesome!
1K4395x.png
@Doriath Awesome, that sounds good to me! I'd love a list of names for this dragon (scry attached since they're still a baby so they can't wear their skin yet): [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93632834][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/936329/93632834_350.png[/img][/url] [outfit=2527114] Basically, they're a follower of my dragon [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92330036]Aubade[/url], who is a cult leader, and consider themselves Aubade's protector. My clan used to be ruled by an evil dragon named King Sullivan, whom this dragon blames for the death of their parents, then when the current clan leader, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89630200]King Hilbert[/url], killed King Sullivan and took over the clan, Aubade started claiming that he travelled to the Underworld to ask the primordial gods to get revenge on King Sullivan and that's how King Hilbert's rule came about. Since this Abby has no family left and is a bit lost they attached themselves to Aubade (who is nutty but ultimately a kind and well-meaning guy who's happy to be this Abby's friend) and try to act as his guardian/protector/bodyguard while Aubade thinks of him as like a high-ranking member of his cult. I'd love names that can sound like a title, for example words that mean 'guardian' or 'priest' or words that are adjacent to it? So that the name would be what everyone refers to them as but their real names are a secret. Since you're providing a list of names I might even end up picking three names, one as their official name and two as their birth names :D Also if it helps, Aubade's cult is based on Orphism (but don't worry if you don't know what that is, it's not important :p). Hope that makes sense, my clan lore is pretty involved but I tried to give the straightforward explanation haha
@Doriath Awesome, that sounds good to me! I'd love a list of names for this dragon (scry attached since they're still a baby so they can't wear their skin yet):

93632834_350.png
rocksrocksrocks

Basically, they're a follower of my dragon Aubade, who is a cult leader, and consider themselves Aubade's protector. My clan used to be ruled by an evil dragon named King Sullivan, whom this dragon blames for the death of their parents, then when the current clan leader, King Hilbert, killed King Sullivan and took over the clan, Aubade started claiming that he travelled to the Underworld to ask the primordial gods to get revenge on King Sullivan and that's how King Hilbert's rule came about. Since this Abby has no family left and is a bit lost they attached themselves to Aubade (who is nutty but ultimately a kind and well-meaning guy who's happy to be this Abby's friend) and try to act as his guardian/protector/bodyguard while Aubade thinks of him as like a high-ranking member of his cult.

I'd love names that can sound like a title, for example words that mean 'guardian' or 'priest' or words that are adjacent to it? So that the name would be what everyone refers to them as but their real names are a secret. Since you're providing a list of names I might even end up picking three names, one as their official name and two as their birth names :D Also if it helps, Aubade's cult is based on Orphism (but don't worry if you don't know what that is, it's not important :p).

Hope that makes sense, my clan lore is pretty involved but I tried to give the straightforward explanation haha
1XvTtel.png
omg I'm so excited yayaayyayayayayayayay okay I'm cool I'm fine I'm cool [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] @rufusdrumknott Roger Doger, heard and understood! Your lore is so cool and interesting, please know I'll be squirreling through your lair to read lore and ogle dragons like this is FR-Ao3 and I'm your biggest fangeek. I'll get your list ready ASAP, please PM me when you get this to let me know if you'd like that list PM'd for the secrecy factor in your lore or if you'd like it posted here. @IraBell Hi! I'd love to make a list for your Pair! I'm gonna have you go through the available specifications list and pick out a couple you'd want included, and then let me know what you'd like the name to feature. If you'd like a list of five instead of ten, I'll shoot you a discount, but I do still need specs to give my brain things to ping like Pinball. Thank you both so much for the interest and trust, you're both more than welcome to PM with further specifications, ideas, or anything else! I'm so happy, i'mma put on some writing music and boogy.
omg I'm so excited yayaayyayayayayayayay okay I'm cool I'm fine I'm cool

@rufusdrumknott Roger Doger, heard and understood! Your lore is so cool and interesting, please know I'll be squirreling through your lair to read lore and ogle dragons like this is FR-Ao3 and I'm your biggest fangeek. I'll get your list ready ASAP, please PM me when you get this to let me know if you'd like that list PM'd for the secrecy factor in your lore or if you'd like it posted here.

@IraBell Hi! I'd love to make a list for your Pair! I'm gonna have you go through the available specifications list and pick out a couple you'd want included, and then let me know what you'd like the name to feature. If you'd like a list of five instead of ten, I'll shoot you a discount, but I do still need specs to give my brain things to ping like Pinball.

Thank you both so much for the interest and trust, you're both more than welcome to PM with further specifications, ideas, or anything else! I'm so happy, i'mma put on some writing music and boogy.
1K4395x.png
@Doriath Hi! I have a little bit of an interesting request for you, so feel free to decline if it's not quite what you feel comfortable with!

I'm primarily a G1 lair, but I do have a single breeding pair for fodder. They are Maat and Duat, named after the primordial forces of Ancient Egyptian mythology! If possible, I'd like you to generate a list of Ancient Egyptian-sounding names for me to cycle through with their fodder babies! I would appreciate if your suggestions were mostly gender-neutral, and I am okay with using the names of gods and spirits who were said to reside in the Duat!
@Doriath Hi! I have a little bit of an interesting request for you, so feel free to decline if it's not quite what you feel comfortable with!

I'm primarily a G1 lair, but I do have a single breeding pair for fodder. They are Maat and Duat, named after the primordial forces of Ancient Egyptian mythology! If possible, I'd like you to generate a list of Ancient Egyptian-sounding names for me to cycle through with their fodder babies! I would appreciate if your suggestions were mostly gender-neutral, and I am okay with using the names of gods and spirits who were said to reside in the Duat!
@Primordial Hi, welcome! After some research, I am comfortable building you some lists. I see 2 solid specifications, and the usage of deities from the Duat I'll seed in but not feature too heavily, so I won't consider it a hard spec and therefore will not charge for it. There are specific languages listed because those are languages I am versed in, and therefore know cursorily how names and words are built and assigned, and things like what the difference between a name for a Deity, a deity, and just a dude is, and if there is one. There are certain lines drawn in cultural respect and I know at least kinda where those lines are in the languages listed. Egyptian I am not tutored in and don't very well know where those lines are. All of these things are going to cause extra research for accuracy so due to that, I am going to charge you double for it. This will bring the total of each list of ten to [emoji=gem size=1]x3 Let me know if this is okay, and if you would like that list PM'd or posted and I'll hop to it!
@Primordial Hi, welcome! After some research, I am comfortable building you some lists. I see 2 solid specifications, and the usage of deities from the Duat I'll seed in but not feature too heavily, so I won't consider it a hard spec and therefore will not charge for it.
There are specific languages listed because those are languages I am versed in, and therefore know cursorily how names and words are built and assigned, and things like what the difference between a name for a Deity, a deity, and just a dude is, and if there is one.
There are certain lines drawn in cultural respect and I know at least kinda where those lines are in the languages listed. Egyptian I am not tutored in and don't very well know where those lines are. All of these things are going to cause extra research for accuracy so due to that, I am going to charge you double for it. This will bring the total of each list of ten to x3
Let me know if this is okay, and if you would like that list PM'd or posted and I'll hop to it!
1K4395x.png