Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Zodiac familiar recolor tooltips
Today I noticed some of the zodiac familiar Joxar recolor tooltips don't match the original, for example: [item=enchanted libra][item=libra] [item=sprouting gemini][item=gemini] (scale vs face and one face vs two faces) Usually they are matching, i.e. the same part of the familiar, but mirrored, for example: [item=arcane sprite][item=snowflake nymph] [item=hibernal starbear][item=slumbering charlatan] Other site familiars (non-festival) seem to follow this rule, too - some are mirrored, some are not (like Dryads and Seekers), but in general, it's the same area of the familiar. Now I desperately want to unlearn this. Does anyone else feel bothered by this?
Today I noticed some of the zodiac familiar Joxar recolor tooltips don't match the original, for example:

Enchanted Libra Libra
Sprouting Gemini Gemini

(scale vs face and one face vs two faces)

Usually they are matching, i.e. the same part of the familiar, but mirrored, for example:

Arcane Sprite Snowflake Nymph
Hibernal Starbear Slumbering Charlatan

Other site familiars (non-festival) seem to follow this rule, too - some are mirrored, some are not (like Dryads and Seekers), but in general, it's the same area of the familiar.

Now I desperately want to unlearn this.
Does anyone else feel bothered by this?
.....uQzj9nj.png....... .. .......
He/Him
+10 FR time

Badges
..... ......uQzj9nj.png
[center][size=2] My desire for any recolors to be easier to identify in my hoard has me deeply saddened by the non-mirrored images. [emoji=banescale sad size=1] [/size][/center]
My desire for any recolors to be easier to identify in my hoard has me deeply saddened by the non-mirrored images.
Yeah this has always bothered me haha The other thing that really bugs the snot outta me is when the fams are mirrored, but one is slightly lower/at a different angle than the other because of the familiar icon: [item=war flight][item=armed flight] [item=lowjaw minmi][item=shardback minmi]
Yeah this has always bothered me haha
The other thing that really bugs the snot outta me is when the fams are mirrored, but one is slightly lower/at a different angle than the other because of the familiar icon:
War Flight Armed Flight
Lowjaw Minmi Shardback Minmi
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
In the case of the Zodiac familiars, I wonder if it's because the original didn't give a full picture of what the familiar was? I remember people being like, "Wait the Libra familiar just shows the crystals on one side, not the actual wolf familiar." Same could be said for Gemini, the original only shows one, and it's about the "twins."
In the case of the Zodiac familiars, I wonder if it's because the original didn't give a full picture of what the familiar was? I remember people being like, "Wait the Libra familiar just shows the crystals on one side, not the actual wolf familiar." Same could be said for Gemini, the original only shows one, and it's about the "twins."
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies