Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Silk-Strewn Wreckage Bosses?
1 2
Okay, I'm late to the party on love for this venue, but I was on a break when it released so I'm just now getting around to it!! But I LOVE the bosses there! And the creckos!! I didn't expect to enjoy this venue so much ;_; Random question, any bug/insect lovers out there know if these guys were based off a real life bug? I'm not typically a creepy-crawly person, but I have fallen in love with these guys as I've been farming for Hib-Den stuff and I can't help but be curious... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/51945.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/51946.png[/img]
Okay, I'm late to the party on love for this venue, but I was on a break when it released so I'm just now getting around to it!! But I LOVE the bosses there! And the creckos!! I didn't expect to enjoy this venue so much ;_;

Random question, any bug/insect lovers out there know if these guys were based off a real life bug?

I'm not typically a creepy-crawly person, but I have fallen in love with these guys as I've been farming for Hib-Den stuff and I can't help but be curious...

51945.png51946.png

OVmZor1.png
I think I vaguely recall seeing in a thread somewhere that they were possibly based on trilobite beetles. I am no bug expert, but that looks close enough to me lol.
I think I vaguely recall seeing in a thread somewhere that they were possibly based on trilobite beetles. I am no bug expert, but that looks close enough to me lol.
Ohhh! I agree! Thank you! I never thought I'd like a bug familiar xD
Ohhh! I agree! Thank you! I never thought I'd like a bug familiar xD

OVmZor1.png
Yeah I thought they look like firefly larvae as well.
Yeah I thought they look like firefly larvae as well.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
They're my favourite of the bosses and I'm dying to get the Moth Keeper for a particular dragon of mine. But you know how it is, the coli likes to give you anything but the one thing you want. I am stubborn and refuse to just buy it. I will get it to drop xD
They're my favourite of the bosses and I'm dying to get the Moth Keeper for a particular dragon of mine. But you know how it is, the coli likes to give you anything but the one thing you want. I am stubborn and refuse to just buy it. I will get it to drop xD
-not me googling all of these bugs- xD

But I can def see where it would have been based off either? Especially since they glow at night, which does give it a 'firefly' vibe to it as well?

Edit, because I have the worst response timing ever lol:
@Panthera The coli KNOWS. I desperately want the Midnight Lantern for one of mine and it's like HA nope. I will get it. Determination always wins. Good luck on your hunt!!
-not me googling all of these bugs- xD

But I can def see where it would have been based off either? Especially since they glow at night, which does give it a 'firefly' vibe to it as well?

Edit, because I have the worst response timing ever lol:
@Panthera The coli KNOWS. I desperately want the Midnight Lantern for one of mine and it's like HA nope. I will get it. Determination always wins. Good luck on your hunt!!

OVmZor1.png
Time for impromptu coli grinding. Never mind the things I should be doing, it's bug-catching time! [emoji=net size=1] @Storrie Good luck to you too!
Time for impromptu coli grinding. Never mind the things I should be doing, it's bug-catching time!

@Storrie Good luck to you too!
IKKKK I'm on their tasks for hibden also and I loveee the art of all the creatures/monsters/familiars? in silk-strewn wreckage, like the rendering and everything is amazing <33

they look so breathtaking, and I'm also not a bug person hahaha
IKKKK I'm on their tasks for hibden also and I loveee the art of all the creatures/monsters/familiars? in silk-strewn wreckage, like the rendering and everything is amazing <33

they look so breathtaking, and I'm also not a bug person hahaha
78783074_62hYynO6UmNOByz.png 78809653_GOky0er2lNVE80S.png sgNPvlD.png
I see the silk-strewn wreckage bosses as something similar to Arthropleura, mostly because those things were gigantic and it feels correct for boss monsters to be large
I see the silk-strewn wreckage bosses as something similar to Arthropleura, mostly because those things were gigantic and it feels correct for boss monsters to be large
Username is s0ki with a zero (0) cZyClw0.png
they strike me mostly as "vaguely-bug horror eldritch," but they remind me of roaches and the "odd" moth larva, like the pipevine swallowtail.
they strike me mostly as "vaguely-bug horror eldritch," but they remind me of roaches and the "odd" moth larva, like the pipevine swallowtail.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
1 2