Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Able to Transmute more than 1 item?
1 2 3
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-03-07 01:57:24" ] I like the "repeat brew" button or a "brewing table" where you could queue a few brews more, as this feels too far away from the original concept. So not a 'no support' but certainly not a 'support' either. [/quote] I love this idea. As someone who works full time and works overtime and a lot of double shifts, I barely have time to do Baldwin. Might have time to throw 3-4 things in there a day. I'm still at level 13. I like OP's idea as well, but only if when you put a stack it increases the time by how many are in there. One item takes 30 minutes so if you were to put, say, 30 items at once then 30 x 30, 900 minutes so 15 hours. I think that's fair, maybe adding a fee or a few extra hours like someone else said. But I also understand why people would be against that because it kind of goes against the point of Baldwin's, and realistically I don't see them adding this feature. No support only because it's a slippery slope, but I'd like to see some kind of solution to this.
RedWillia wrote on 2024-03-07 01:57:24:
I like the "repeat brew" button or a "brewing table" where you could queue a few brews more, as this feels too far away from the original concept. So not a 'no support' but certainly not a 'support' either.
I love this idea. As someone who works full time and works overtime and a lot of double shifts, I barely have time to do Baldwin. Might have time to throw 3-4 things in there a day. I'm still at level 13.

I like OP's idea as well, but only if when you put a stack it increases the time by how many are in there. One item takes 30 minutes so if you were to put, say, 30 items at once then 30 x 30, 900 minutes so 15 hours. I think that's fair, maybe adding a fee or a few extra hours like someone else said. But I also understand why people would be against that because it kind of goes against the point of Baldwin's, and realistically I don't see them adding this feature. No support only because it's a slippery slope, but I'd like to see some kind of solution to this.
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
I support this because it can get exhausting for me considering how many items I may have to transmute. I think this feature would be convenient! ^^
I support this because it can get exhausting for me considering how many items I may have to transmute. I think this feature would be convenient! ^^
0zgUeu8.png
Absolutely no support for an auto-queue/transmute function.

I could support a "shelf" feature that allows you to set aside a certain amount of items for transmuting to cut down on time spent navigating the hoard interface (which could also be improved in its own right).

So long as that shelf feature still required players to come back every 30 minutes to claim their gloop and put in the new item.

But a game feature playing itself is not good gameplay and also not good for the game or playerbase as a whole.
Absolutely no support for an auto-queue/transmute function.

I could support a "shelf" feature that allows you to set aside a certain amount of items for transmuting to cut down on time spent navigating the hoard interface (which could also be improved in its own right).

So long as that shelf feature still required players to come back every 30 minutes to claim their gloop and put in the new item.

But a game feature playing itself is not good gameplay and also not good for the game or playerbase as a whole.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
seeing that there have been threads about this for about a decade i have no hope that anything will be implemented (though i'd certainly love to be proven wrong)

but god i wish there was some way to easily queue or re-alchemize (like the re-list option on AH) even a small number of items for Baldwin
seeing that there have been threads about this for about a decade i have no hope that anything will be implemented (though i'd certainly love to be proven wrong)

but god i wish there was some way to easily queue or re-alchemize (like the re-list option on AH) even a small number of items for Baldwin
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.png
I would like a queue. I feel like as long as its multiples of the same item you're trying to melt (thus ensuring its pulling from the same goop reward pool) and that a reasonable additional time limit is added I think it'd be perfectly fine. It might impact folks who brew for money potentially but I don't know that it means that many more people are going to be brewing or that there'll be an increase in those materials such that it'll make them worthless (especially if the time it takes is proportional, it could in theory be as if the items were brewed individually like they are now). I would probably recommend limiting stacks to like 5 or 10 amounts at a time otherwise a player may inadvertently lock themselves out of their cauldron for a looooong time trying to melt down a stack of 99 things and be unable to partake in events that have special brewed things.

As for 'safety concerns'... That's really an outlier case and indicative more of the player's bad habits than it is of anything related to baldwin's current functionality being actively harmful. This is something that shouldn't be on staff's hands to fix. But if anything it is an argument in support of a brewing queue with additional longer time limits so the player would not feel as tempted to constantly check on the site during otherwise dangerous activities every 30 minutes.
I would like a queue. I feel like as long as its multiples of the same item you're trying to melt (thus ensuring its pulling from the same goop reward pool) and that a reasonable additional time limit is added I think it'd be perfectly fine. It might impact folks who brew for money potentially but I don't know that it means that many more people are going to be brewing or that there'll be an increase in those materials such that it'll make them worthless (especially if the time it takes is proportional, it could in theory be as if the items were brewed individually like they are now). I would probably recommend limiting stacks to like 5 or 10 amounts at a time otherwise a player may inadvertently lock themselves out of their cauldron for a looooong time trying to melt down a stack of 99 things and be unable to partake in events that have special brewed things.

As for 'safety concerns'... That's really an outlier case and indicative more of the player's bad habits than it is of anything related to baldwin's current functionality being actively harmful. This is something that shouldn't be on staff's hands to fix. But if anything it is an argument in support of a brewing queue with additional longer time limits so the player would not feel as tempted to constantly check on the site during otherwise dangerous activities every 30 minutes.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
if you had to reload the page every time you wanted to put in a new item, wouldn't the site get the same amount of ad revenue
if you had to reload the page every time you wanted to put in a new item, wouldn't the site get the same amount of ad revenue

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
@gn0me [quote name="gn0me" date="2024-03-08 21:19:54" ] Safety concern: I remember when I first started this game years ago and transmuting was the only thing worth doing at Baldwins. I was regularly doing 2hr highway drives and trying to select ingredients every 30min without pulling over. I was potentially causing a safety hazard, mainly to myself as they are very isolated roads, but still something a police officer might like to find a solution to writing out of the game because I'm sure I'm not the only person who has ever done that. (Yay when I got levelled high enough to find the black porridges, the first 2hr brew worth brewing!) [/quote] This is a [i]personal [/i]bad, dangerous habit. If it wasn't Baldwin, it would be something else. Finding it acceptable to be on your phone while driving is not a fault of FR's, nor would ANYTHING they implement be a safety hazard due to it. Plain and simple, it isn't FR's fault you're putting everyone on the road nearby in danger because you want to put something in the brewpot. Anyway: I support being able to queue up items, even if it were a small number like five or so. Perhaps an entire stack would yield much less results, like a stack of 99 = 25 items for 24 hours of brew time, as the price for convenience. I work 10 hour night shifts, so a feature that allows me to queue things up would be nice :)
@gn0me
gn0me wrote on 2024-03-08 21:19:54:
Safety concern:
I remember when I first started this game years ago and transmuting was the only thing worth doing at Baldwins. I was regularly doing 2hr highway drives and trying to select ingredients every 30min without pulling over. I was potentially causing a safety hazard, mainly to myself as they are very isolated roads, but still something a police officer might like to find a solution to writing out of the game because I'm sure I'm not the only person who has ever done that. (Yay when I got levelled high enough to find the black porridges, the first 2hr brew worth brewing!)

This is a personal bad, dangerous habit. If it wasn't Baldwin, it would be something else. Finding it acceptable to be on your phone while driving is not a fault of FR's, nor would ANYTHING they implement be a safety hazard due to it. Plain and simple, it isn't FR's fault you're putting everyone on the road nearby in danger because you want to put something in the brewpot.

Anyway: I support being able to queue up items, even if it were a small number like five or so. Perhaps an entire stack would yield much less results, like a stack of 99 = 25 items for 24 hours of brew time, as the price for convenience. I work 10 hour night shifts, so a feature that allows me to queue things up would be nice :)
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
"baldwin is dangerous because I chose to my phone while driving" is a crazy take. I support a (small/limited) queue but are we gonna gloss over that insane statement
"baldwin is dangerous because I chose to my phone while driving" is a crazy take. I support a (small/limited) queue but are we gonna gloss over that insane statement
tDLtHpS.gifoooOpal - She/Her - FR+3 - Skinsooo31hK9h6.gifoeENlf4.png
Support.

I have *pages* of 99-stack items. Even if I were to optimise this, I would need to be online every half an hour for 24 hours straight just to clear out the first page of my materials. That's *if* I do it without sleep, and if I do it on time every time. And I GUARANTEE that my ten pages of mats is *nothing* compared to hardcore players.

I don't see what's wrong with batch transmutation. You're not losing anything here, everyone still has to wait the exact same amount of time, and you still get the same goop/ooze/whatever at the end of it. And if it's "ad revenue" you're worried about, just make a change so you HAVE to click to get all of it. Like on the Gathering pages, just give a button so you have to refresh the page a bunch.

"Success! Baldwin has finished Brewing. Your patience has paid off, and several new alchemy materials have been added to your inventory!" And then you click to get, I dunno, let's say *five* at a time. And then it goes "Success!" again, and you get the next five.
Support.

I have *pages* of 99-stack items. Even if I were to optimise this, I would need to be online every half an hour for 24 hours straight just to clear out the first page of my materials. That's *if* I do it without sleep, and if I do it on time every time. And I GUARANTEE that my ten pages of mats is *nothing* compared to hardcore players.

I don't see what's wrong with batch transmutation. You're not losing anything here, everyone still has to wait the exact same amount of time, and you still get the same goop/ooze/whatever at the end of it. And if it's "ad revenue" you're worried about, just make a change so you HAVE to click to get all of it. Like on the Gathering pages, just give a button so you have to refresh the page a bunch.

"Success! Baldwin has finished Brewing. Your patience has paid off, and several new alchemy materials have been added to your inventory!" And then you click to get, I dunno, let's say *five* at a time. And then it goes "Success!" again, and you get the next five.
Grasp the truth! Hold it high!
I definitely agree, i wish there was a way that i could transmute more than one thing at a time because if i dont get the right color, i have to repeat and wait again
I definitely agree, i wish there was a way that i could transmute more than one thing at a time because if i dont get the right color, i have to repeat and wait again
"respect the queen"
FRbanner1.png
ca4b279b5458a1eb05f214319b71c14b175a1867.png
1 2 3