Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Able to Transmute more than 1 item?
1 2 3
I'd be down for something like OP's suggestion. I don't mind if it takes an equivalent amount of time either, I'm just really forgetful about brewing. It would be nice to be able to chuck a bunch of stuff in at once.

and please, don't play pixel dragons while driving
I'd be down for something like OP's suggestion. I don't mind if it takes an equivalent amount of time either, I'm just really forgetful about brewing. It would be nice to be able to chuck a bunch of stuff in at once.

and please, don't play pixel dragons while driving
they/them
It would have to take longer to brew a stack than it would to do it manually--otherwise, FR is rewarding players who aren't even on the site over players who are actively participating. Otherwise, no support for basically botting Baldwin.
It would have to take longer to brew a stack than it would to do it manually--otherwise, FR is rewarding players who aren't even on the site over players who are actively participating. Otherwise, no support for basically botting Baldwin.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Sure, as long as the brew time scales to the number of items in the pot.
Sure, as long as the brew time scales to the number of items in the pot.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Tentative support?

If more items can be transmuted at the same time, then more alchemy ingredients should enter the economy because more people will do it. If more alchemy ingredients enter the economy, they should become cheaper on the Auction House. If alchemy ingredients are cheaper on the Auction House, then more people should be able to buy ingredients to make high-experience yield items like genes, and more people should be able to get to higher level Alchemy Levels faster. If more people can get to higher Alchemy levels and faster and cheaper, then those items should become cheaper in general, making Alchemy items more accessible to the playerbase as a whole.

I really like this as someone who wants people to have access to this cool feature, and has stubbornly refused to buy transmuted ingredients from the Auction House and always make my own. If transmuted ingredients became more plentiful and cheaper, might start buying them from the AH to catch up on my alchemy level (multi-year hiatus is not good for alchemy when you were used to being able to make everything) OR I might continue to just hoard and use all of my own ingredients I made myself. But I can also see people who only did alchemy because “most people didn’t and so it’s a good source of passive income for me” feeling they got the short end of the stick? But also maybe they’d just start selling the transmute ingredients at the point? who knows.

I also like the idea of making the stack take a little bit longer to “auto-transmute”, based on how many items have been put into the pot in a row.
So if you put in a stack of 2 items, maybe the 2nd item takes 5 minutes to be added to the pot. But if you went to Baldwin’s page during that 5 minute window, you could “toss it in yourself” manually to save that time.
If you put in a stack of 3 items, maybe the 2nd item still takes 5 minutes to ba added to the pot, but the 3rd item takes 10 minutes to be added to the pot.
If you put a stack of 4 items, rinse repeat, the 4th item takes 15 minutes to be added to the pot.
Maybe each time you go to Baldwin’s page and “toss it in yourself” manually it resets the 5-10-15-etc timer increase, maybe it doesn’t.
It doesn’t have to be 5 minute intervals, it could be 2.5 or something, but that general sort of thing.
Tentative support?

If more items can be transmuted at the same time, then more alchemy ingredients should enter the economy because more people will do it. If more alchemy ingredients enter the economy, they should become cheaper on the Auction House. If alchemy ingredients are cheaper on the Auction House, then more people should be able to buy ingredients to make high-experience yield items like genes, and more people should be able to get to higher level Alchemy Levels faster. If more people can get to higher Alchemy levels and faster and cheaper, then those items should become cheaper in general, making Alchemy items more accessible to the playerbase as a whole.

I really like this as someone who wants people to have access to this cool feature, and has stubbornly refused to buy transmuted ingredients from the Auction House and always make my own. If transmuted ingredients became more plentiful and cheaper, might start buying them from the AH to catch up on my alchemy level (multi-year hiatus is not good for alchemy when you were used to being able to make everything) OR I might continue to just hoard and use all of my own ingredients I made myself. But I can also see people who only did alchemy because “most people didn’t and so it’s a good source of passive income for me” feeling they got the short end of the stick? But also maybe they’d just start selling the transmute ingredients at the point? who knows.

I also like the idea of making the stack take a little bit longer to “auto-transmute”, based on how many items have been put into the pot in a row.
So if you put in a stack of 2 items, maybe the 2nd item takes 5 minutes to be added to the pot. But if you went to Baldwin’s page during that 5 minute window, you could “toss it in yourself” manually to save that time.
If you put in a stack of 3 items, maybe the 2nd item still takes 5 minutes to ba added to the pot, but the 3rd item takes 10 minutes to be added to the pot.
If you put a stack of 4 items, rinse repeat, the 4th item takes 15 minutes to be added to the pot.
Maybe each time you go to Baldwin’s page and “toss it in yourself” manually it resets the 5-10-15-etc timer increase, maybe it doesn’t.
It doesn’t have to be 5 minute intervals, it could be 2.5 or something, but that general sort of thing.
22392.png 35896.png 22393.png
[quote name="Antimoany" date="2024-03-06 18:26:28" ] [quote name="Wisdum" date="2024-03-06 10:17:37" ] Ehhh... I've seen others point out that it would make things just a lot less fair [/quote] it makes baldwin [i]more fair[/i] because it allows those who don't have time to babysit a webpage to melt the same amount of items as those who do. [/quote] I agree If people call for fairness We can make it a maximum of 24 hours worth of items melting So just have to come to the site 1 time per day to get your mats
Antimoany wrote on 2024-03-06 18:26:28:
Wisdum wrote on 2024-03-06 10:17:37:
Ehhh... I've seen others point out that it would make things just a lot less fair

it makes baldwin more fair because it allows those who don't have time to babysit a webpage to melt the same amount of items as those who do.
I agree
If people call for fairness
We can make it a maximum of 24 hours worth of items melting
So just have to come to the site 1 time per day to get your mats
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
No support - mainly because I think it would be a fundamental change to a system and has a negative impact on things like ad revenue

I would, however, support the "repeat" feature, or having a small shelf/storage specificly for baldwin transmute stuff so putting new items in the cauldron would feel smoother and eliminate some frustrations about the feature.
No support - mainly because I think it would be a fundamental change to a system and has a negative impact on things like ad revenue

I would, however, support the "repeat" feature, or having a small shelf/storage specificly for baldwin transmute stuff so putting new items in the cauldron would feel smoother and eliminate some frustrations about the feature.
rI2B9a8.png
[quote name="gn0me" date="2024-03-08 21:19:54" ] I've heard the arguments against loading multiple items into the pot. So as much as I'd like that option, even if it was slower, say 45min or 60min I won't argue for it. The selection interface is tedious at best though, to the point that I buy my mats I don't transmute at all. Although the new transmute from hoard button would help if I ever felt tempted to transmute again (does everyone know about that? you can only see it when your cauldron is idle apparently, so its easy to not know it exists if you keep your cauldron busy brewing stuff - maybe instead of vanishing completely, it could be greyed out when not available so people would know the function actually does exist from the hoard) A nice middle ground would be to be able to queue the items you wish to transmute so you only have to log in to collect your transmutation and add the next queued transmutation ingredient instead of going through the tedious process of selection and confirmation every 30min. Safety concern: I remember when I first started this game years ago and transmuting was the only thing worth doing at Baldwins. I was regularly doing 2hr highway drives and trying to select ingredients every 30min without pulling over. I was potentially causing a safety hazard, mainly to myself as they are very isolated roads, but still something a police officer might like to find a solution to writing out of the game because I'm sure I'm not the only person who has ever done that. (Yay when I got levelled high enough to find the black porridges, the first 2hr brew worth brewing!) [/quote] "But officer I was just playing dragon Neopets" is not a valid excuse to get out of a ticket. Why are you blaming a game for your own distracted driving?
gn0me wrote on 2024-03-08 21:19:54:
I've heard the arguments against loading multiple items into the pot. So as much as I'd like that option, even if it was slower, say 45min or 60min I won't argue for it.

The selection interface is tedious at best though, to the point that I buy my mats I don't transmute at all. Although the new transmute from hoard button would help if I ever felt tempted to transmute again (does everyone know about that? you can only see it when your cauldron is idle apparently, so its easy to not know it exists if you keep your cauldron busy brewing stuff - maybe instead of vanishing completely, it could be greyed out when not available so people would know the function actually does exist from the hoard)

A nice middle ground would be to be able to queue the items you wish to transmute so you only have to log in to collect your transmutation and add the next queued transmutation ingredient instead of going through the tedious process of selection and confirmation every 30min.

Safety concern:
I remember when I first started this game years ago and transmuting was the only thing worth doing at Baldwins. I was regularly doing 2hr highway drives and trying to select ingredients every 30min without pulling over. I was potentially causing a safety hazard, mainly to myself as they are very isolated roads, but still something a police officer might like to find a solution to writing out of the game because I'm sure I'm not the only person who has ever done that. (Yay when I got levelled high enough to find the black porridges, the first 2hr brew worth brewing!)

"But officer I was just playing dragon Neopets" is not a valid excuse to get out of a ticket. Why are you blaming a game for your own distracted driving?
1 2 3