Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v3
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
[quote name="Kaitorubel" date="2024-03-13 18:19:29" ] This time of year, is usually considered to have a lot of luck. Write about a dragon who has a lot of luck, or the opposite a dragon who has absolutely no luck at all. What are some moments that have happened due to their luck or lack of luck? [/quote] This is kind of meta, but IT COUNTS. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91233084][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/912331/91233084_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Potsol was genuinely not supposed to remain within the Convergence. He was a random recruitment, courtesy of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90575795]Seirmis[/url], intended to be exalted once the stars were right. The Court of Glaciers initially treated him well, preparing him for the highest honor a dragon could hope to receive. When he saw what he would have to do, he balked. Upon the night he was to receive his honors, they found him attempting to flee the territory. It was a matter of luck that he convinced them that his flesh and soul were tainted, nothing but worthless offerings to a higher power. Unwilling to risk the Warden's ire, they allowed him to retain his corporeal existence. In exchange, he is to repay the Court, the Administration, and the Order with Ice-blooded children to fulfill the duties that he was unwilling to perform that sacred night. In the long run, there is never really such a thing as "luck" in the polar realms. Every act of unnatural success or survival always comes with a [i]price[/i] down the line...
Kaitorubel wrote on 2024-03-13 18:19:29:
This time of year, is usually considered to have a lot of luck. Write about a dragon who has a lot of luck, or the opposite a dragon who has absolutely no luck at all. What are some moments that have happened due to their luck or lack of luck?

This is kind of meta, but IT COUNTS.
91233084_350.png

Potsol was genuinely not supposed to remain within the Convergence. He was a random recruitment, courtesy of Seirmis, intended to be exalted once the stars were right. The Court of Glaciers initially treated him well, preparing him for the highest honor a dragon could hope to receive. When he saw what he would have to do, he balked.

Upon the night he was to receive his honors, they found him attempting to flee the territory. It was a matter of luck that he convinced them that his flesh and soul were tainted, nothing but worthless offerings to a higher power. Unwilling to risk the Warden's ire, they allowed him to retain his corporeal existence. In exchange, he is to repay the Court, the Administration, and the Order with Ice-blooded children to fulfill the duties that he was unwilling to perform that sacred night.

In the long run, there is never really such a thing as "luck" in the polar realms. Every act of unnatural success or survival always comes with a price down the line...
no FObX7rS.png
hh5n4WA.png
7OY8Vcs.png
image.png
lAvpyOQ.png
nWiQNX9.png
nooo R3T9Jmp.png
@Natron
aww thank you so much for the kind words. I'll have to remember that next time i feel discouraged. many hugs!
@Natron
aww thank you so much for the kind words. I'll have to remember that next time i feel discouraged. many hugs!
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
Lore Whining time!

Prompt for March 24, 2024

It's festival time again so you all know what that means. write about a dragon that best represents Wind Flight! They can be explorers or happy, carefree, and friendly dragons that never stay in one area for long. or just a dragon with lots of wind apparel or your favorite Spiral or Skydancer.

Lore Whining time!

Prompt for March 24, 2024

It's festival time again so you all know what that means. write about a dragon that best represents Wind Flight! They can be explorers or happy, carefree, and friendly dragons that never stay in one area for long. or just a dragon with lots of wind apparel or your favorite Spiral or Skydancer.

[quote name="Kaitorubel" date="2024-03-23 16:52:22" ] It's festival time again so you all know what that means. write about a dragon that best represents Wind Flight! They can be explorers or happy, carefree, and friendly dragons that never stay in one area for long. or just a dragon with lots of wind apparel or your favorite Spiral or Skydancer. [/quote] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49396381][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/493964/49396381.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] Quintus is a little strange for a Spiral. Although he exudes a lot of his Wind heritage and attitude - he's a joyful and friendly librarian - he's calmer than your typical Spiral! He's not erratic or spontaneous like others, choosing a more systematic approach. He likes to dig his nose into a good book, and he knows where they all are, considering he catalogs all of them! Just don't take any books out of the library - the collection he has isn't meant to be taken outside!
Kaitorubel wrote on 2024-03-23 16:52:22:
49396381.png
Quintus is a little strange for a Spiral. Although he exudes a lot of his Wind heritage and attitude - he's a joyful and friendly librarian - he's calmer than your typical Spiral! He's not erratic or spontaneous like others, choosing a more systematic approach. He likes to dig his nose into a good book, and he knows where they all are, considering he catalogs all of them! Just don't take any books out of the library - the collection he has isn't meant to be taken outside!
STwixru.pngLight vs. Arcane 2023 IF Raffle Top 25 Total Tickets! Badge by irithyll!efc4RYV.png
yayy wind time :) most windy dragon is my wind rep, notus! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92717804][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/927179/92717804_350.png[/img][/url] i don't really have a lot of lore for my fight reps right now, but i image they have duties of approving each wind clan as being sanctioned by the windsinger, being a journal keeper, explorer, as well as acting as a diplomat to the other flights. i think that all of my flight reps meet up semi-regularly either one-on-one or all in the same group, and notus is definitely the most outgoing and laid-back one in those meetings. but i feel that their disconnect and wandering is a sort of a mask for loneliness and a fear of vulnerability. idk, i always think its interesting to think about the actual root cause of a character's actions, and i especially find it cool in the context of each flights traditional characteristics ^^
yayy wind time :)

most windy dragon is my wind rep, notus!
92717804_350.png

i don't really have a lot of lore for my fight reps right now, but i image they have duties of approving each wind clan as being sanctioned by the windsinger, being a journal keeper, explorer, as well as acting as a diplomat to the other flights. i think that all of my flight reps meet up semi-regularly either one-on-one or all in the same group, and notus is definitely the most outgoing and laid-back one in those meetings.

but i feel that their disconnect and wandering is a sort of a mask for loneliness and a fear of vulnerability. idk, i always think its interesting to think about the actual root cause of a character's actions, and i especially find it cool in the context of each flights traditional characteristics ^^
Sj6j121.png
zpmUYjD.png
mHG2UNd.png
Jd88XNq.png
FY88vH7.png A2n6lGl.png DlO6vXs.gif
eESLWsA.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=93648715][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/936488/93648715.png[/img][/url] A wind dragon through and through. Velina’s rarely seen in the city, preferring to spend her life travelling round Sornieth, collecting tea recipes and perfecting her blends. She collects stories as well, having always had an interest in history and the lives of families. Doesn’t matter what kind of tale it is…historical, fantastical, myth or legend - Velina’s always happy to listen. Sometimes she’ll tell tales of her own. The flowers on her wings perfume the air around her, lending a slightly mystical sense to the whole thing. Occasionally she’ll borrow details from stories she’s heard, but put her own spin on them. Her audience usually don’t mind too much, however, since they’re captivated anyway.
93648715.png

A wind dragon through and through. Velina’s rarely seen in the city, preferring to spend her life travelling round Sornieth, collecting tea recipes and perfecting her blends. She collects stories as well, having always had an interest in history and the lives of families. Doesn’t matter what kind of tale it is…historical, fantastical, myth or legend - Velina’s always happy to listen. Sometimes she’ll tell tales of her own. The flowers on her wings perfume the air around her, lending a slightly mystical sense to the whole thing. Occasionally she’ll borrow details from stories she’s heard, but put her own spin on them. Her audience usually don’t mind too much, however, since they’re captivated anyway.
68626024.png
Ha--well, she's not a Wind dragon, but she whooshed into my clan like one. She's an explorer! An adventurer! She likes to travel far, see wondrous sights. She'll be gone for a long time--and then suddenly she's not! Which is why her nickname is "Amantia the Unexpected." [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93056157][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/930562/93056157_350.png[/img][/url][/center] (She really was unexpected. Earlier this week I went to the AH to check the fodder price of adult dragons. She was third from the top, probably soon to go the Windsinger--and then she was in my lair! How'd that happen??)

Ha--well, she's not a Wind dragon, but she whooshed into my clan like one. She's an explorer! An adventurer! She likes to travel far, see wondrous sights. She'll be gone for a long time--and then suddenly she's not! Which is why her nickname is "Amantia the Unexpected."
93056157_350.png

(She really was unexpected. Earlier this week I went to the AH to check the fodder price of adult dragons. She was third from the top, probably soon to go the Windsinger--and then she was in my lair! How'd that happen??)
MmSftql.png
not windy lookin' at all, but he has the personality of a wind dragon! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92682710][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/926828/92682710_350.png[/img][/url] meet MY FIRST DRAGON (aside from my progens, of course) Calendula! lore-wise found by Deoxyphage and Azrael during their first hunt, they tended to the Nocturne's wounds and offered him temporary shelter in their Lair.. that turned into a permament stay. if this encounter never happened, then there probably would NOT be around 62 dragons in there at the time of writing. now to talk about the dragon himself! Calendula [i]can't[/i] ever stay in one place for a day. he has to convince whatever guard dragon is on duty right now to let him leave the territory of the Clan and go explore.. uhm, whatever is out there in the Shifting Expanse. we don't know what he does out there. he doesn't really like wearing any apparel, but the bracelet has sentimental value. fun fact! Calendula actually once had [i]Ophidophobia[/i]! i say [i]had[/i] cause. like. Deoxyphage gave him a Bottlesnake for his birthday...
not windy lookin' at all, but he has the personality of a wind dragon!

92682710_350.png

meet MY FIRST DRAGON (aside from my progens, of course) Calendula! lore-wise found by Deoxyphage and Azrael during their first hunt, they tended to the Nocturne's wounds and offered him temporary shelter in their Lair.. that turned into a permament stay. if this encounter never happened, then there probably would NOT be around 62 dragons in there at the time of writing.

now to talk about the dragon himself! Calendula can't ever stay in one place for a day. he has to convince whatever guard dragon is on duty right now to let him leave the territory of the Clan and go explore.. uhm, whatever is out there in the Shifting Expanse. we don't know what he does out there. he doesn't really like wearing any apparel, but the bracelet has sentimental value.

fun fact! Calendula actually once had Ophidophobia! i say had cause. like. Deoxyphage gave him a Bottlesnake for his birthday...
NcRl9aq.png
Lore Whining Time!

Sorry for not posting last time. I've been dealing with many migraines and lost track of time. Hope you all have been doing well during this seasonal change.

Enjoy two prompts this time, since i didn't get to post it last time.

Prompt for April 4th, 2024

Do you have a dragon that is known as a clown or a jester? What sorts of jokes and pranks do they pull. do others find their jokes annoying, or are there some that burst a gut over the silly puns being made?

Prompt for April 14th, 2024

How are dragons in your clan healed. Is there a dragon that just casts healing magic to cure others, or is there doctors or some other other way the sick and injured are taken care of?
Are there some dragons that have chronic illness and can't be healed? What is their situation like?

Lore Whining Time!

Sorry for not posting last time. I've been dealing with many migraines and lost track of time. Hope you all have been doing well during this seasonal change.

Enjoy two prompts this time, since i didn't get to post it last time.

Prompt for April 4th, 2024

Do you have a dragon that is known as a clown or a jester? What sorts of jokes and pranks do they pull. do others find their jokes annoying, or are there some that burst a gut over the silly puns being made?

Prompt for April 14th, 2024

How are dragons in your clan healed. Is there a dragon that just casts healing magic to cure others, or is there doctors or some other other way the sick and injured are taken care of?
Are there some dragons that have chronic illness and can't be healed? What is their situation like?

Aw yis, gotta remind myself to write some lore in Remenui and Mafdet's bios in the morning
Aw yis, gotta remind myself to write some lore in Remenui and Mafdet's bios in the morning
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35