Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New AH QOL Toggle
1 2 3
[quote name="mothscale" date="2024-03-12 15:58:08" ] @GloryRain @jbapple Hi, hope you don't mind me pinging you, but since you both mentioned this being forced pretty directly, I hope you don't mind me clarifying that it's not! If you hit the purchase button, the dragon should remain unfed— it should only be fed if you click the food points. If you're experiencing different behavior, that's likely a bug, as I tested this myself and was able to buy dragons without feeding them. Also to clarify, the purchase popup already existed; this is just adding things to that popup. (I'm not trying to shoot down the suggestion, just to clarify what has changed and what should not have changed— in the event that you are experiencing a bug or additional required clicks, that should definitely be addressed even sooner than this suggestion!) [/quote] Can confirm this! Just tried it - it let me buy the dragon [b]WITHOUT[/b] feeding it. Just hit purchase and it went straight to my lair! While this does help matters some - the team should have been [b]MORE[/b] clear on this.
mothscale wrote on 2024-03-12 15:58:08:
@GloryRain @jbapple Hi, hope you don't mind me pinging you, but since you both mentioned this being forced pretty directly, I hope you don't mind me clarifying that it's not! If you hit the purchase button, the dragon should remain unfed— it should only be fed if you click the food points.

If you're experiencing different behavior, that's likely a bug, as I tested this myself and was able to buy dragons without feeding them.

Also to clarify, the purchase popup already existed; this is just adding things to that popup. (I'm not trying to shoot down the suggestion, just to clarify what has changed and what should not have changed— in the event that you are experiencing a bug or additional required clicks, that should definitely be addressed even sooner than this suggestion!)

Can confirm this! Just tried it - it let me buy the dragon WITHOUT feeding it. Just hit purchase and it went straight to my lair!

While this does help matters some - the team should have been MORE clear on this.
3+ Hours |
ALWAYS Ping me!
YXIQUNz.gif
Ah. That's extremely unintuitive then. Especially on mobile where you aren't going to see the little "this is a link" hand cursor. also i have pings disabled so if i didn't check the thread again i'd never see the reply lol

To add onto this. I think part of the problem is that the food type buttons don't look obviously clickable? To me, at least, there's no immediate visual indicator that it's A Clickable Button. Especially considering the regular lair feed page actually does use ergonomic(????the digital texture thing i forgot the word) buttons to show they're clickable, if you have selective feeding enabled. I'm guessing that on desktop the mouse cursor will do the little hand thing to show it's clickable but if you happen to browse the ah on mobile without knowing it doesn't jump out.
Ah. That's extremely unintuitive then. Especially on mobile where you aren't going to see the little "this is a link" hand cursor. also i have pings disabled so if i didn't check the thread again i'd never see the reply lol

To add onto this. I think part of the problem is that the food type buttons don't look obviously clickable? To me, at least, there's no immediate visual indicator that it's A Clickable Button. Especially considering the regular lair feed page actually does use ergonomic(????the digital texture thing i forgot the word) buttons to show they're clickable, if you have selective feeding enabled. I'm guessing that on desktop the mouse cursor will do the little hand thing to show it's clickable but if you happen to browse the ah on mobile without knowing it doesn't jump out.
[quote name="GloryRain" date="2024-03-12 17:45:35" ] Ah. That's extremely unintuitive then. Especially on mobile where you aren't going to see the little "this is a link" hand cursor. also i have pings disabled so if i didn't check the thread again i'd never see the reply lol To add onto this. I think part of the problem is that the food type buttons don't look obviously clickable? To me, at least, there's no immediate visual indicator that it's A Clickable Button. Especially considering the regular lair feed page actually does use ergonomic(????the digital texture thing i forgot the word) buttons to show they're clickable, if you have selective feeding enabled. I'm guessing that on desktop the mouse cursor will do the little hand thing to show it's clickable but if you happen to browse the ah on mobile without knowing it doesn't jump out. [/quote] Yeah, I was thinking mostly about streamlining it for ease of skipping the food entirely, but that might also be part of the issue… obviously if it ends up toggleable, unintuitive click design isn't going to matter too much, but if the toggle isn't feasible for whatever reason, that's definitely something that's worth addressing!
GloryRain wrote on 2024-03-12 17:45:35:

Yeah, I was thinking mostly about streamlining it for ease of skipping the food entirely, but that might also be part of the issue… obviously if it ends up toggleable, unintuitive click design isn't going to matter too much, but if the toggle isn't feasible for whatever reason, that's definitely something that's worth addressing!
I've run into a problem with this new QOL feature that can end up being an annoyance down the line.

Before you were able to hold down enter to quickly go through the buying pop-ups, and for the most part that hasn't changed. The problem comes in when the dragon was bought before you hit buy. Holding the enter key doesn't go through the error pop up like it does the others and completely throws you out of the flow, having to manually hit ok, and this no doubt is going to be a problem during intense dominance battles.

Being able to toggle this feature off would be great, or at least fixing it to where pressing enter works for it's error pop-up like it did before.
I've run into a problem with this new QOL feature that can end up being an annoyance down the line.

Before you were able to hold down enter to quickly go through the buying pop-ups, and for the most part that hasn't changed. The problem comes in when the dragon was bought before you hit buy. Holding the enter key doesn't go through the error pop up like it does the others and completely throws you out of the flow, having to manually hit ok, and this no doubt is going to be a problem during intense dominance battles.

Being able to toggle this feature off would be great, or at least fixing it to where pressing enter works for it's error pop-up like it did before.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
I knew this was going to be a problem, but I waited until later to really experience it.

Yeah, we need a toggle. Cute idea, but I never needed or wanted this in the 10 years I've been on this site. Never have I bought a dragon that's effected my bonus except maybe once in my first week or two. This update is really only for newbies and the few people who want to burn their food stashes on starving fodder. For the rest of us this is a hassle.

I'm currently an attendant which means I need to rapid fire buy dragons off the AH. Every time I click buy the confirm button moves position depending on how much food type a dragon eats. Sometimes to the point of needing to scroll. And with the added stress of missing I lose some of an expensive resource that is required to enjoy this game for me. For zero gain.

So, yes please, on a toggle. Everyone starts off with it on but, please, let me turn it off.
I knew this was going to be a problem, but I waited until later to really experience it.

Yeah, we need a toggle. Cute idea, but I never needed or wanted this in the 10 years I've been on this site. Never have I bought a dragon that's effected my bonus except maybe once in my first week or two. This update is really only for newbies and the few people who want to burn their food stashes on starving fodder. For the rest of us this is a hassle.

I'm currently an attendant which means I need to rapid fire buy dragons off the AH. Every time I click buy the confirm button moves position depending on how much food type a dragon eats. Sometimes to the point of needing to scroll. And with the added stress of missing I lose some of an expensive resource that is required to enjoy this game for me. For zero gain.

So, yes please, on a toggle. Everyone starts off with it on but, please, let me turn it off.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
this needs to be a toggle or setting, fully support

even if its on by default, being able to turn it off and opt out would be HUGE. for me, its more a muscle memory convenience thing, since the button position changes so frequently

alt idea: most dragons are mostly fed, even making the new qol only apply to dragons at 50% or lower energy would be great.

just...augh, let me turn it off!!! D:
this needs to be a toggle or setting, fully support

even if its on by default, being able to turn it off and opt out would be HUGE. for me, its more a muscle memory convenience thing, since the button position changes so frequently

alt idea: most dragons are mostly fed, even making the new qol only apply to dragons at 50% or lower energy would be great.

just...augh, let me turn it off!!! D:
fido / puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pupgender.png
it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif
coli-quest.png
wishlist-1.png
fav-dragon.png
xxxxxezgif-4-58858066a1.gif
i love the feature but yeah a toggle would be very nice for people who dont :]
i love the feature but yeah a toggle would be very nice for people who dont :]
This is being absolutely awful for sniping, please give us a toggle for the people frustrated with the QoL decrease instead of the intended increase.
This is being absolutely awful for sniping, please give us a toggle for the people frustrated with the QoL decrease instead of the intended increase.
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
1 2 3