Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Being employed has changed my playstyle
1 2 3 4
Gonna be honest, this is just an adjustment that will take some time to get used to. When you start working full time, your whole life changes. You will need to cut out a lot of things you used to love doing all the time. You will need to change your time management strategies entirely. It sucks! It sucks so much, but what you're talking about with FR is just part of it.

My advice is to try not to stress too much about what you used to be able to do, and focus on the things that give you the most joy and enrichment right now. And make sure you're doing stuff with friends when you have the time/spoons! Don't get too hung up on what you used to be able to do on FR, just do what you can when you have the downtime. Take it easy!
Gonna be honest, this is just an adjustment that will take some time to get used to. When you start working full time, your whole life changes. You will need to cut out a lot of things you used to love doing all the time. You will need to change your time management strategies entirely. It sucks! It sucks so much, but what you're talking about with FR is just part of it.

My advice is to try not to stress too much about what you used to be able to do, and focus on the things that give you the most joy and enrichment right now. And make sure you're doing stuff with friends when you have the time/spoons! Don't get too hung up on what you used to be able to do on FR, just do what you can when you have the downtime. Take it easy!
CLljvdp.png
I used to grind coli a lot while I was getting into the Magnus Archives. Also sometimes I sneak some grinding in between long loading screens.
I used to grind coli a lot while I was getting into the Magnus Archives. Also sometimes I sneak some grinding in between long loading screens.
I will sometimes coli on the weekends. Often during the week, I don't even visit FR. I only feed my dragons when I coli or breed them, and just don't do most of the dailies I used to do. Only so many hours in the day!
I will sometimes coli on the weekends. Often during the week, I don't even visit FR. I only feed my dragons when I coli or breed them, and just don't do most of the dailies I used to do. Only so many hours in the day!
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
The same thing happened to me, except that I don't work nor intend to get a job soon. I'm on pension, so technically I have all the time given to me.

But tired.

The same thing happened to me, except that I don't work nor intend to get a job soon. I'm on pension, so technically I have all the time given to me.

But tired.

A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
I just picked up the game again a few months ago after not playing since high school, I was never a huge exalter or coli person, usually I'd do it during class like you mentioned. Now that I'm out of school, I work in a laboratory and I'll sometimes coli during my long incubation times during my assays shhh everyone here has things they do to pass the time it's fine Other than that, I tend to do it as a multitask with something else. I'll do it while I watch tv, or I'll put on a podcast in the background, a couple times I've done it during my dnd sessions to keep my hands occupied and that actually helped my attention a lot
I just picked up the game again a few months ago after not playing since high school, I was never a huge exalter or coli person, usually I'd do it during class like you mentioned. Now that I'm out of school, I work in a laboratory and I'll sometimes coli during my long incubation times during my assays shhh everyone here has things they do to pass the time it's fine Other than that, I tend to do it as a multitask with something else. I'll do it while I watch tv, or I'll put on a podcast in the background, a couple times I've done it during my dnd sessions to keep my hands occupied and that actually helped my attention a lot
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
Being a casual player is alright :,) I've been working since I was 15, so obviously my time spent playing FR (and doing other things in general) has always been limited. Buuuut that's now life goes. We work to live!
Being a casual player is alright :,) I've been working since I was 15, so obviously my time spent playing FR (and doing other things in general) has always been limited. Buuuut that's now life goes. We work to live!
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
same boat /waves from retail hell

big, big player back when i was starting out until the pandemic happened

after i moved jobs to my current one i fell off the face of the world

now i make time for FR during my weekends and feed the dragons / do dailies during work days ;;;
same boat /waves from retail hell

big, big player back when i was starting out until the pandemic happened

after i moved jobs to my current one i fell off the face of the world

now i make time for FR during my weekends and feed the dragons / do dailies during work days ;;;
I do most of my major grinding during festivals and mini-holidays, but sometimes manage light grinding during breaks or for an hour or so after work. Most of the time I'm multitasking during coliseum grinds, doing batches of level 10's, then 15's and 20's, until Warrior's Way when I get my 20's to 25.
Fodder-wise... I just breed fodder and stash them until big Dom battles these days
I do most of my major grinding during festivals and mini-holidays, but sometimes manage light grinding during breaks or for an hour or so after work. Most of the time I'm multitasking during coliseum grinds, doing batches of level 10's, then 15's and 20's, until Warrior's Way when I get my 20's to 25.
Fodder-wise... I just breed fodder and stash them until big Dom battles these days
qiTymVx.png zbfZPyc.png
I usually coli on my iPad while I'm in the Fairgrounds on my laptop. I can usually get a battle in in between screens loading or get a Glimmer and Gloom in while the coli is deciding what loot I'll be getting from a battle.

If work is slow, I'll coli there. And while I'm watching TV. During commercials if it's a really interesting show, or during the show if it's not an attention grabber.

Basically I'm biding my time until retirement, which is a loooooooong way away:(
I usually coli on my iPad while I'm in the Fairgrounds on my laptop. I can usually get a battle in in between screens loading or get a Glimmer and Gloom in while the coli is deciding what loot I'll be getting from a battle.

If work is slow, I'll coli there. And while I'm watching TV. During commercials if it's a really interesting show, or during the show if it's not an attention grabber.

Basically I'm biding my time until retirement, which is a loooooooong way away:(
th72tUi.png tumblr_ojpzfkodsb1u8m70ho5_r1_100.pngtumblr_njw2bk1eZi1unlpe2o1_100.pngnV0BWDQ.gif
i can't watch tv / listen to podcasts or audiobooks or whatever without doing something with my hands , so i coli while doing that kinda thing :> my only real hobby outside of fr is drawing, which i don't do everyday due to burnout / wrist strain etc so i just do the coli when i'm taking breaks from workin on art !

edit: also just a few minutes in the coli can do a lot !! i do it while i'm waiting for food to cook, waiting for laundry to get done, in the bathroom,,, just whenever you have a free second!
i can't watch tv / listen to podcasts or audiobooks or whatever without doing something with my hands , so i coli while doing that kinda thing :> my only real hobby outside of fr is drawing, which i don't do everyday due to burnout / wrist strain etc so i just do the coli when i'm taking breaks from workin on art !

edit: also just a few minutes in the coli can do a lot !! i do it while i'm waiting for food to cook, waiting for laundry to get done, in the bathroom,,, just whenever you have a free second!
1 2 3 4