Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Alphabet Multipart Legacy Challenge
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Yes, you can use any dragon for any of the mates. I knew I needed more eyes on what I wrote to find the things I missed. Thank you! :D

This one would require room. Luckily, I made a lot of room during the recent push. lol
Yes, you can use any dragon for any of the mates. I knew I needed more eyes on what I wrote to find the things I missed. Thank you! :D

This one would require room. Luckily, I made a lot of room during the recent push. lol
Qn4lcwg.png
Interesting. Definitely sounds like you'd need a lot of space. I read thru it twice, but I'm not sure I understand which dragons are kept and which can be gotten rid of along the way. All the heirs are kept and bred again?
Interesting. Definitely sounds like you'd need a lot of space. I read thru it twice, but I'm not sure I understand which dragons are kept and which can be gotten rid of along the way. All the heirs are kept and bred again?
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
Good point.

The first five Heirs of each lineage should be kept. Any other dragons kept are optional, since you would know immediately if you need the random number generator to pick a new Heir in any given nest beginning at the sixth nest. Presumably, the player would pick the new Heir immediately, before doing anything with any other hatchlings from that nest.

So you would have:

First 4 dragons - keeping would be optional. Finding a new pair to start a new lineage could be compatability checked against the current Heir of the remaining lineage.

Non-Heir Hatchlings - if not needed as Heir - can be let go to save space. If they aren't needed immediately, they wouldn't be needed for the challenge.

First five Heirs of each lineage - need to keep until bred to the next five Heirs in their lineage in order. Can be let go once bred 1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4- 9, 5- 10 or kept as desired. They would not be kept to be bred to any other dragons for this challenge.

Each Heir can be let go or kept after breeding is completely done, varies by generation.

All mates acquired for Heirs can be let go or kept after breeding to the Heir.

So the only ones that have to be kept for an extended period of time should be the first five Heirs of each lineage.

That means you would need fourteen spaces minimum, plus enough to hatch the nests of course. lol

Does that help?
Good point.

The first five Heirs of each lineage should be kept. Any other dragons kept are optional, since you would know immediately if you need the random number generator to pick a new Heir in any given nest beginning at the sixth nest. Presumably, the player would pick the new Heir immediately, before doing anything with any other hatchlings from that nest.

So you would have:

First 4 dragons - keeping would be optional. Finding a new pair to start a new lineage could be compatability checked against the current Heir of the remaining lineage.

Non-Heir Hatchlings - if not needed as Heir - can be let go to save space. If they aren't needed immediately, they wouldn't be needed for the challenge.

First five Heirs of each lineage - need to keep until bred to the next five Heirs in their lineage in order. Can be let go once bred 1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4- 9, 5- 10 or kept as desired. They would not be kept to be bred to any other dragons for this challenge.

Each Heir can be let go or kept after breeding is completely done, varies by generation.

All mates acquired for Heirs can be let go or kept after breeding to the Heir.

So the only ones that have to be kept for an extended period of time should be the first five Heirs of each lineage.

That means you would need fourteen spaces minimum, plus enough to hatch the nests of course. lol

Does that help?
Qn4lcwg.png

It does clarify things. I've got family coming in, so I'll want to come back to this and reread everything to make sure it sounds good.

It does clarify things. I've got family coming in, so I'll want to come back to this and reread everything to make sure it sounds good.
p5S2w8m.gifGvdeBPH.gift4WZbnC.gifGLqljBH.gifoAdfhjn.gif
Oh, good! Sounds good. Thanks! Have fun! :D
Oh, good! Sounds good. Thanks! Have fun! :D
Qn4lcwg.png
The final draft, pending further suggestions or concerns. Thanks!

Do you Feel Lucky Hatfield and McCoy Breeding Challenge

This is a parallel five generation breeding project with two lines of dragons.

1. Get two starting pairs - they can be gen 1s, bought off the AH, or dragons you already have in your lair.

- Make sure all four dragons are breeding compatible.

- Check that any mates you add during the first five generations are breeding compatible with all four starting dragons as well or with both lineages, depending on whether you keep the original pairings.

-For any lineage restarts, check breeding compatibility of all newly included dragons.

- Using only gen 1s for the initial pairings and all subsequent mates will eliminate the need to check breeding compatibility.

- To make this harder, you can have a goal to breed out the ugly, find specific colors/genes, get a specific end dragon, or all of the above.

2. Keep the first hatchling of each nest, then find a mate for each Heir. The mates can be gen 1s, bought off the AH, or dragons you already have in your lair.

- Alternately, you can use a random number generator to choose the Heir.

- The only rule is that you cannot pick the Heir yourself, to make it harder. lol

3. The sixth Heir is then bred back to the first Heir, then the seventh and the second, the eighth and the thrid, etc.

- If at any point the firstborn or randomly chosen Heir is the same sex as the Heir they are to be bred back to, a random number generator can be used one time to choose another Heir.
- This is not needed for two egg nests.
- For single egg nests or if the random number generator chooses another hatchling of the same sex as the Heir to be bred back to, that lineage has to be started over again.

4. Once you have the tenth generation of Heirs for both lineages, those two Heir are to be bred together, "the Hatfields" and "the McCoys."

- If both Heirs are the same sex, a random number generator can be used one time to choose a different Heir from one of the two lineages but not both.
- For single egg nests or if the random number generator chooses another hatchling of the same sex as the Heir to be bred back to, that lineage has to be started over again.

5. The final Heir is chosen from the nest of "the Hatfield" and "the McCoys" pairing.

- This is the only nest from which you can personally pick your favorite hatchling as the Heir.

Clarification of which dragons need to be kept and for how long:

1. First 4 dragons (initial pairings) - keeping would be optional.

- Finding a new pair to start a new lineage could be compatability checked against the current Heir of the remaining lineage.

2. First 5 Heirs of each lineage - need to keep until bred to the next five Heirs in their lineage in the following order: 1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4- 9, 5- 10.

- They would not be kept to be bred to any other dragons for this challenge.

- They can be let go once bred or kept as desired.

- Any other dragons kept are optional, since you would know immediately if you need the random number generator to pick a new Heir in any given nest beginning at the sixth nest. Presumably, the player would pick the new Heir immediately, before doing anything with any other hatchlings from that nest.

3. Non-Heir Hatchlings - if not needed as Heir - can be let go to save space if the player does not want to keep them. If they aren't needed immediately, they wouldn't be needed for the challenge.

4. All mates acquired for Heirs can be let go or kept if desired after breeding to the Heir.

This means a player would need fourteen spaces minimum for dragons needing bred, plus enough to hatch the nests of course.
The final draft, pending further suggestions or concerns. Thanks!

Do you Feel Lucky Hatfield and McCoy Breeding Challenge

This is a parallel five generation breeding project with two lines of dragons.

1. Get two starting pairs - they can be gen 1s, bought off the AH, or dragons you already have in your lair.

- Make sure all four dragons are breeding compatible.

- Check that any mates you add during the first five generations are breeding compatible with all four starting dragons as well or with both lineages, depending on whether you keep the original pairings.

-For any lineage restarts, check breeding compatibility of all newly included dragons.

- Using only gen 1s for the initial pairings and all subsequent mates will eliminate the need to check breeding compatibility.

- To make this harder, you can have a goal to breed out the ugly, find specific colors/genes, get a specific end dragon, or all of the above.

2. Keep the first hatchling of each nest, then find a mate for each Heir. The mates can be gen 1s, bought off the AH, or dragons you already have in your lair.

- Alternately, you can use a random number generator to choose the Heir.

- The only rule is that you cannot pick the Heir yourself, to make it harder. lol

3. The sixth Heir is then bred back to the first Heir, then the seventh and the second, the eighth and the thrid, etc.

- If at any point the firstborn or randomly chosen Heir is the same sex as the Heir they are to be bred back to, a random number generator can be used one time to choose another Heir.

4. Once you have the tenth generation of Heirs for both lineages, those two Heir are to be bred together, "the Hatfields" and "the McCoys."

- If both Heirs are the same sex, a random number generator can be used one time to choose a different Heir from one of the two lineages but not both.

5. The final Heir is chosen from the nest of "the Hatfield" and "the McCoys" pairing.

- This is the only nest from which you can personally pick your favorite hatchling as the Heir.

Clarification of which dragons need to be kept and for how long:

1. First 4 dragons (initial pairings) - keeping would be optional.

- Finding a new pair to start a new lineage could be compatability checked against the current Heir of the remaining lineage.

2. First 5 Heirs of each lineage - need to keep until bred to the next five Heirs in their lineage in the following order: 1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4- 9, 5- 10.

- They would not be kept to be bred to any other dragons for this challenge.

- They can be let go once bred or kept as desired.

- Any other dragons kept are optional, since you would know immediately if you need the random number generator to pick a new Heir in any given nest beginning at the sixth nest. Presumably, the player would pick the new Heir immediately, before doing anything with any other hatchlings from that nest.

3. Non-Heir Hatchlings - if not needed as Heir - can be let go to save space if the player does not want to keep them. If they aren't needed immediately, they wouldn't be needed for the challenge.

4. All mates acquired for Heirs can be let go or kept if desired after breeding to the Heir.

This means a player would need fourteen spaces minimum for dragons needing bred, plus enough to hatch the nests of course.
Qn4lcwg.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20