Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What would each dragon sound like
1 2
[quote name="Transkovsky" date="2024-03-09 23:06:57" ] yeah but which breed can make the elk mating call sound youtube.com/watch?v=5gBk04ajuxk [/quote] [s]imps[/s] tundras
Transkovsky wrote on 2024-03-09 23:06:57:
yeah but which breed can make the elk mating call sound

youtube.com/watch?v=5gBk04ajuxk

imps tundras
Oh god not the elk mating call-
Oh god not the elk mating call-
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
I've always imagined Mirror's having just really savage growls/snarls. Fits their vibe in my mind!
I've always imagined Mirror's having just really savage growls/snarls. Fits their vibe in my mind!
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
I think it'd be neat if one of the breeds sounded like a loon !! love that spooky bird sound

not sure which one would fit though
I think it'd be neat if one of the breeds sounded like a loon !! love that spooky bird sound

not sure which one would fit though
They were saying earlier that Skydancers would have that sound! If not them I think it would be funny if Coatls had that sound
They were saying earlier that Skydancers would have that sound! If not them I think it would be funny if Coatls had that sound
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
Mirrors sound like Hyenas. Change my mind. Look at them, tell me you can't imagine that distinctive hyena laugh coming from a pack of mirrors.

I agree with moose/lion for Gaolers though, I can easily imagine them doing that really deep throaty roar lions have and chuffing.

Auraboa's hiss obviously, they're giant snakes. Snakes have a wide variety of hiss noises, they can work with it.
Now, Coatl's have a canonical language that consists of humming, but I can't imagine them not also hissing. They can do both.

Tundra's are a weird spot. In my head, I want them to be bovine like, but I acknowledge they're actually really skinny lanky guys with human toes and thus do not fit that imagine well. If one stood up on two legs and started talking in a muppet voice at me, I'd be the least surprised out of all the breeds. Tundra's are the most likely to sound like a human and speak human languages.
But if we've to assign an animal that isn't us, then they're probably reindeer like. Make that really scary scream those guys do.

Aberration's are definitely foxes, whoever said that nailed it. I can picture them doing that high pitched chuckle foxes do.

Skydancer's sound like swans to me. They're kind of like a quieter, more subdued goose and that fits them well I think. I can't see them doing the more complex birdcalls of songbirds or parrots, they don't look like they'd exactly quack or shriek, they don't look like they'd be loud at all. So a swan, or a mute swan, seems a good fit.

Obelisks.... sound like tigers, I think. Idk, they're intimidating big cats, I can imagine them making that big scary roar.

I do like Guardians sounding like gators, I think you're onto something with that one. I'm a fan.

Fae, Spiral and Undertides I can't imagine making much noise period. They communicate mostly via body language.

Veilspun are like bees, they communicate mostly through body language which includes using their wings to produce a humming or buzzing noise.

Banescales are classic dragon. Imagine a generic dragon roar and that's a Banescale. Banescales are musical however, so I like to think they're very much capable of humming and other complex noises to create 'singing'.

That's all I got tho.
Mirrors sound like Hyenas. Change my mind. Look at them, tell me you can't imagine that distinctive hyena laugh coming from a pack of mirrors.

I agree with moose/lion for Gaolers though, I can easily imagine them doing that really deep throaty roar lions have and chuffing.

Auraboa's hiss obviously, they're giant snakes. Snakes have a wide variety of hiss noises, they can work with it.
Now, Coatl's have a canonical language that consists of humming, but I can't imagine them not also hissing. They can do both.

Tundra's are a weird spot. In my head, I want them to be bovine like, but I acknowledge they're actually really skinny lanky guys with human toes and thus do not fit that imagine well. If one stood up on two legs and started talking in a muppet voice at me, I'd be the least surprised out of all the breeds. Tundra's are the most likely to sound like a human and speak human languages.
But if we've to assign an animal that isn't us, then they're probably reindeer like. Make that really scary scream those guys do.

Aberration's are definitely foxes, whoever said that nailed it. I can picture them doing that high pitched chuckle foxes do.

Skydancer's sound like swans to me. They're kind of like a quieter, more subdued goose and that fits them well I think. I can't see them doing the more complex birdcalls of songbirds or parrots, they don't look like they'd exactly quack or shriek, they don't look like they'd be loud at all. So a swan, or a mute swan, seems a good fit.

Obelisks.... sound like tigers, I think. Idk, they're intimidating big cats, I can imagine them making that big scary roar.

I do like Guardians sounding like gators, I think you're onto something with that one. I'm a fan.

Fae, Spiral and Undertides I can't imagine making much noise period. They communicate mostly via body language.

Veilspun are like bees, they communicate mostly through body language which includes using their wings to produce a humming or buzzing noise.

Banescales are classic dragon. Imagine a generic dragon roar and that's a Banescale. Banescales are musical however, so I like to think they're very much capable of humming and other complex noises to create 'singing'.

That's all I got tho.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Fae: [img]https://media.tenor.com/etf70niWnH4AAAAM/moth-angry-moth-noise.gif[/img]
Fae:

moth-angry-moth-noise.gif
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
Oooh what if coatls sound like they‘re throat singing?? Yknow, what with their thing being humming? (Given, it‘s supposed to be somewhat dissonant, but canon is there to be ignored.)
Oooh what if coatls sound like they‘re throat singing?? Yknow, what with their thing being humming? (Given, it‘s supposed to be somewhat dissonant, but canon is there to be ignored.)
ACqf9Pb.png
1 2