Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Progen Dragon Element Change
1 2 3 4
[center][Size=6][b][u]Progen Dragon Element Change[/u][/b][/size] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zf7xK8YF/Hor-divider-640.png[/img] [size=5][b]Intro[/b][/size][/center] Imagine being able to change ONLY your progen's element IF you change your own flights element. For nearly 6 years, my progens are the water element and sitting stuck in the eternal slumber of the hibernal den. I have been in the lightning flight for about 4 years I believe, and I'd love to be able to have my progens to match my flights element so I can take them out of the "vault" that is the hibden. [i]Edit: After doing some digging, I see this has been discussed before, over the years, but not so much lately. I'll be expanding on that later in Lore Concerns[/i] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zf7xK8YF/Hor-divider-640.png[/img] [center][Size=5][b]Coli Concerns[/b][/size][/center] [quote] [Size=4][b]Battle Stones[/b][/size] [Color=maroon]People expressed concern with the coli. I do not use the coli that much as I am still learning through the lengthy guides for it- To my understanding, users are saying the issue that arises is the battle stones. I think that losing my dragon's stones is a price I personally am willing to pay to change my progen's flight element to match my clan theme. Again, this change would be [b]optional[/b] so those who do not want to wipe their stones, don't have to do so Additionally, not everyone is using the coli - I didn't start until two weeks ago and I've had an account for 5 years!! At no point are you ever forced to use the coli since it is optional gameplay![/color][/quote] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zf7xK8YF/Hor-divider-640.png[/img] [center][Size=5][b]Lore Concerns[/b][/size][/center] [quote][Size=4][b]Why It isn't Currently Implemented[/b][/size] [Color=green]The devs have reported on this issue, as its been made clear they don't want eye color changed and lore-wise [i]"a dragon cannot change its element or it will die"[/i]. ----- [Size=4][b]No Colored Contacts >:U[/b][/size] [Color=green]Someone could use the proposed colored contacts on a dragon that is valuable and make it "more" valuable to the untrained eye. To create an example; 4+(?) year old earth dragons fetch a higher price than other elements because earth isn't a popular element. Someone could have a 6 year old lightning dragon, plop earth-contacts on the dragon, and someone could get scammed by this if they are not careful. Sure, I could see many fun lore things that people could implement in their lairs, like spies, but the risk of scams outweighs the benefits of color-contacts. That said, I still think that progen element changes could be implimented, just NOT the colored contacts method. ----- [Size=4][b]Why it COULD Be Implemented[/b][/size] [Color=green]Lore has been changed before so it's not set in stone that "lore-wise a dragon cannot change its element or it will die". Plus users personal dragon lore sometimes "breaks" the lore set by the devs anyway! Progens could just be different and unique in lore. (if anyone has ideas on how/why progens would be able to element change IN LORE I'd love some examples!!). ----- [Size=4][b]HOW It Could Be Implemented (In Lore)[/b][/size] [Size=3][b]Suggestion A[/b][/size] - [Size=2][b]Provided By [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/439878]flootzavut[/url][/b][/size] [Color=green]Progens who have been in a lair element different from their own (I.E. you changed your lair element) for X amount of time can make a request to the clan's current relevant dragon god to convert? It would be a sign of devotion/commitment to the new element. [/color] [Size=3][b]My Take On [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/439878]flootzavut's[/url] Idea[/b][/size] [Color=green][b]Before[/b] changing your flight, your progens ask for the relevant dragon god's blessing to convert to the new element. It would be a sign of respect to the clan's now former dragon god as your progens cared for their former god's opinion. [/color][/quote] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zf7xK8YF/Hor-divider-640.png[/img] [center][Size=5][b]Other "Solutions"[/b][/size][/center] [quote][Size=4][b]Apparel[/b][/size] [Color=teal]I was reminded that there are various eye-covering apparel as well as "eye changing" apparel. Of course these are good and viable options, but personally I don't love covering my dragon's eyes. Though if you do not mind doing so, these could be good options as an alternative. I'd rather have the ability to change their element, but that's only my thoughts! Though, if your progen is now an [b]ancient breed[/b] apparel is no longer a solution [quote][Color=teal][u][Size=4]Some Apparel Examples[/size][/u][/color] [gamedb item=17142] [gamedb item=17133] [gamedb item=12724] [gamedb item=23080] [gamedb item=54707] [gamedb item=28790] [gamedb item=34167] [/quote][/quote] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zf7xK8YF/Hor-divider-640.png[/img] [center][Size=5][b]How It Could Work![/b][/size][/center] [quote] [color=8B008B]If you've changed your flight since the creation of your account, you can change the element of your progens to match your CURRENT flight element. You may change the progen's element as many times as you change your flight, but again only to match your current flight. That means if you change to Earth, you could only change your progen to Earth (not any element like arcane, ice, water) The eye type will stay whatever it was before the change (i.e. bright, common, primal, etc). And you can still change the eye with the shop items (can't remember the name) When changing the element, one or two pop-ups prompts warning of stone removal could be helpful! ----- [Size=4][b]Option A[/b][/size] [color=8B008B]Maybe the first progen element change is free. but any future element changes for your progens comes with a fee (no idea what price). ----- [Size=4][b]Option B - Contributed By [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/1652]ArcaneFeathers[/url][/b][/size] [color=8B008B]When you want to change your flight you normally need to pay the 1500 gems and have a cooldown of 6 months before able to change your flight again. The first progen element change is free. But then with adding this new feature (changing your progen's element), a second option for changing your flight would occur. This second option is as follows: You pay the usual 1500 gems to change your flight, but it will include a flight change for [b]both[/b] of your progen dragons. With choosing this option, you will now have a cooldown of 1 year (instead of 6 month) before being able to change your flight again. This way it just takes a much longer commitment to progen flight changes. What you have laid out sounds good too though, and I like your suggestion that the first progen dragon pair's flight change is free. [/quote]
Progen Dragon Element Change

Hor-divider-640.png

Intro

Imagine being able to change ONLY your progen's element IF you change your own flights element.

For nearly 6 years, my progens are the water element and sitting stuck in the eternal slumber of the hibernal den. I have been in the lightning flight for about 4 years I believe, and I'd love to be able to have my progens to match my flights element so I can take them out of the "vault" that is the hibden.

Edit: After doing some digging, I see this has been discussed before, over the years, but not so much lately. I'll be expanding on that later in Lore Concerns

Hor-divider-640.png
Coli Concerns
Quote:
Battle Stones

People expressed concern with the coli. I do not use the coli that much as I am still learning through the lengthy guides for it-

To my understanding, users are saying the issue that arises is the battle stones. I think that losing my dragon's stones is a price I personally am willing to pay to change my progen's flight element to match my clan theme.

Again, this change would be optional so those who do not want to wipe their stones, don't have to do so

Additionally, not everyone is using the coli - I didn't start until two weeks ago and I've had an account for 5 years!! At no point are you ever forced to use the coli since it is optional gameplay!

Hor-divider-640.png
Lore Concerns
Quote:
Why It isn't Currently Implemented

The devs have reported on this issue, as its been made clear they don't want eye color changed and lore-wise "a dragon cannot change its element or it will die".

No Colored Contacts >:U

Someone could use the proposed colored contacts on a dragon that is valuable and make it "more" valuable to the untrained eye.

To create an example; 4+(?) year old earth dragons fetch a higher price than other elements because earth isn't a popular element. Someone could have a 6 year old lightning dragon, plop earth-contacts on the dragon, and someone could get scammed by this if they are not careful.

Sure, I could see many fun lore things that people could implement in their lairs, like spies, but the risk of scams outweighs the benefits of color-contacts.

That said, I still think that progen element changes could be implimented, just NOT the colored contacts method.

Why it COULD Be Implemented

Lore has been changed before so it's not set in stone that "lore-wise a dragon cannot change its element or it will die". Plus users personal dragon lore sometimes "breaks" the lore set by the devs anyway! Progens could just be different and unique in lore. (if anyone has ideas on how/why progens would be able to element change IN LORE I'd love some examples!!).

HOW It Could Be Implemented (In Lore)
Suggestion A - Provided By flootzavut
Progens who have been in a lair element different from their own (I.E. you changed your lair element) for X amount of time can make a request to the clan's current relevant dragon god to convert? It would be a sign of devotion/commitment to the new element.

My Take On flootzavut's Idea
Before changing your flight, your progens ask for the relevant dragon god's blessing to convert to the new element. It would be a sign of respect to the clan's now former dragon god as your progens cared for their former god's opinion.

Hor-divider-640.png
Other "Solutions"
Quote:
Apparel
I was reminded that there are various eye-covering apparel as well as "eye changing" apparel. Of course these are good and viable options, but personally I don't love covering my dragon's eyes. Though if you do not mind doing so, these could be good options as an alternative. I'd rather have the ability to change their element, but that's only my thoughts!

Though, if your progen is now an ancient breed apparel is no longer a solution

Hor-divider-640.png

How It Could Work!
Quote:
If you've changed your flight since the creation of your account, you can change the element of your progens to match your CURRENT flight element.

You may change the progen's element as many times as you change your flight, but again only to match your current flight. That means if you change to Earth, you could only change your progen to Earth (not any element like arcane, ice, water)

The eye type will stay whatever it was before the change (i.e. bright, common, primal, etc). And you can still change the eye with the shop items (can't remember the name)

When changing the element, one or two pop-ups prompts warning of stone removal could be helpful!

Option A
Maybe the first progen element change is free. but any future element changes for your progens comes with a fee (no idea what price).

Option B - Contributed By ArcaneFeathers
When you want to change your flight you normally need to pay the 1500 gems and have a cooldown of 6 months before able to change your flight again.

The first progen element change is free. But then with adding this new feature (changing your progen's element), a second option for changing your flight would occur. This second option is as follows:

You pay the usual 1500 gems to change your flight, but it will include a flight change for both of your progen dragons. With choosing this option, you will now have a cooldown of 1 year (instead of 6 month) before being able to change your flight again.

This way it just takes a much longer commitment to progen flight changes. What you have laid out sounds good too though, and I like your suggestion that the first progen dragon pair's flight change is free.

w8o0xW1.png 8JZqDyD.png
SQXwQvB.png
oAF3DvH.png
fYjKMys.png
gLPfXzx.png
8Pp6XGI.png
oW52XaK.png
N5w86O0.png
Free-ish Dragons!
tBfnr5I.png
How is coli going to deal with that?
A fake clickbait from Flight Rising's 2016 April Fool's event.  This image changes on refresh.
Besides the fact that I just don't think this is a great idea in general, as I don't think it should be possible to change any dragon's element, issues such as this: [quote name="Tropius" date="2024-03-09 11:11:20" ] How is coli going to deal with that? [/quote] are other great examples as to why this shouldn't really be implemented. No support.
Besides the fact that I just don't think this is a great idea in general, as I don't think it should be possible to change any dragon's element, issues such as this:
Tropius wrote on 2024-03-09 11:11:20:
are other great examples as to why this shouldn't really be implemented. No support.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
I'm not against this for progens only personally, especially if paid and on a cooldown like the flight changes themselves, but it would have to wipe coli stones certainly.
I'm not against this for progens only personally, especially if paid and on a cooldown like the flight changes themselves, but it would have to wipe coli stones certainly.
Lantern Oil
Support, don't really see any downside, its your progens, dragons that are unmovable from your account. They're one of the few dragons that should have this level of customization.

For the coli, just have it destroy element specific stones, don't think its anything wild? Don't even need a full stone wipe, just the ones that become incompatible with the new element.

Edit; To add on, you're already paying for the flight change and the dragon flight change, why do you need anything further then just getting rid of the necessary (element bound) stones?
Support, don't really see any downside, its your progens, dragons that are unmovable from your account. They're one of the few dragons that should have this level of customization.

For the coli, just have it destroy element specific stones, don't think its anything wild? Don't even need a full stone wipe, just the ones that become incompatible with the new element.

Edit; To add on, you're already paying for the flight change and the dragon flight change, why do you need anything further then just getting rid of the necessary (element bound) stones?
Given your progens can't be traded and it would literally only affect coli, I don't see why not. I do think it should have a fee, but I don't think it would need to be more than a few hundred gems. To prevent any coli problems with the element change, either remove elemental stones or remove all battle stones
Given your progens can't be traded and it would literally only affect coli, I don't see why not. I do think it should have a fee, but I don't think it would need to be more than a few hundred gems. To prevent any coli problems with the element change, either remove elemental stones or remove all battle stones
I'm always for customizing and re-customizing progens, so support. They can't be traded so it's no big deal anyway, and yes, the applied elemental stones would need to be destroyed in this case.
I'm always for customizing and re-customizing progens, so support. They can't be traded so it's no big deal anyway, and yes, the applied elemental stones would need to be destroyed in this case.
Boosting this because I've edited it after reading some of the replies. Hopefully that clears things up
Boosting this because I've edited it after reading some of the replies. Hopefully that clears things up
w8o0xW1.png 8JZqDyD.png
SQXwQvB.png
oAF3DvH.png
fYjKMys.png
gLPfXzx.png
8Pp6XGI.png
oW52XaK.png
N5w86O0.png
Free-ish Dragons!
tBfnr5I.png
Support, this sounds like a good idea
Support, this sounds like a good idea
66.png
support, this is fun and neat idea

only thing is that it would have to wipe battle stones but i think if you are properly warned beforehand then its totally okay

would love to have my guys match my current flight
support, this is fun and neat idea

only thing is that it would have to wipe battle stones but i think if you are properly warned beforehand then its totally okay

would love to have my guys match my current flight
1 2 3 4