Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Can you/how do you join subspecies?
kinda what it says on the tin, sorry if theres a seperate thread for that .. for example i wanna register my dragon as a member of a subspecies.. how? do you like... reach out to the subspecies owner or something?? aah idk anymore haha
kinda what it says on the tin, sorry if theres a seperate thread for that .. for example i wanna register my dragon as a member of a subspecies.. how? do you like... reach out to the subspecies owner or something?? aah idk anymore haha
MY FANDRAGONS CAN BE FOUND IN THE HIBDEN!

teeny weeny adopt shop

EARTH FLIGHT RAAAAAAAAAAH
@gwurgle
It usually says on the thread! Some subspecies are closed, meaning you either have to buy a pre-registered dragon or can't register any new ones.
But most (?) subspecies are public, and the home thread usually has a register - either there's a self-registry via an external spreadsheet, or you post in the thread / ping the OP to have them register your dragon as an official subspecies-member.

For example, the Pearl Cerdae subspecies here outlines the rules for registry, and has a little code box at the bottom you can use to post in the thread.

Are you thinking about any particular subspecies? :)
@gwurgle
It usually says on the thread! Some subspecies are closed, meaning you either have to buy a pre-registered dragon or can't register any new ones.
But most (?) subspecies are public, and the home thread usually has a register - either there's a self-registry via an external spreadsheet, or you post in the thread / ping the OP to have them register your dragon as an official subspecies-member.

For example, the Pearl Cerdae subspecies here outlines the rules for registry, and has a little code box at the bottom you can use to post in the thread.

Are you thinking about any particular subspecies? :)
nnnnnnnnnnn

I enjoy hosting nests
and swapping dragons.

Adopt someone?
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
nnnnnnn

In the process of
building some lore
@DragonSister thanks so much for responding! i was thinking of the snapper geode earth subspecies hehe i have 2? dragons that i wanna regisyer
@DragonSister thanks so much for responding! i was thinking of the snapper geode earth subspecies hehe i have 2? dragons that i wanna regisyer

teeny weeny adopt shop

@gwurgle Of course, happy to help :) Do you maybe have a link to the subspecies you're thinking about? I've found a couple threads, but am not sure which ones are still active
@gwurgle Of course, happy to help :) Do you maybe have a link to the subspecies you're thinking about? I've found a couple threads, but am not sure which ones are still active
nnnnnnnnnnn

I enjoy hosting nests
and swapping dragons.

Adopt someone?
nnnnnnn

In the process of
building some lore
@DragonSister i have it rightttt here https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2882166/1#post_43880849
@DragonSister i have it rightttt here https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2882166/1#post_43880849

teeny weeny adopt shop

@gwurgle Awesome, thank you! From what I can tell, these are all pretty open subspecies - for example, it is possible to self-register a breeding pair for most of them. There doesn't seem to be an official register for this one, so I think you can just consider the dragon part of the subspecies? Many players like indicating the subspecies-membership with a banner and/or link to the thread in the dragon's bio. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83521620]Like mine![/url] The top of the thread also says: [quote]If any questions occur, please don't hesitate to ping @/Hellan or the creator of the subspecies (if they're still available)![/quote] The creator of this subspecies doesn't seem active anymore (last forum post they made was back in 2016), so it's probably best to ask @/Hellan in the thread, just to make sure. Good luck :) [i]Edit to add: Apologies Hellan, I did not mean to ping!! Edited the ping out again[/i]
@gwurgle Awesome, thank you! From what I can tell, these are all pretty open subspecies - for example, it is possible to self-register a breeding pair for most of them. There doesn't seem to be an official register for this one, so I think you can just consider the dragon part of the subspecies?
Many players like indicating the subspecies-membership with a banner and/or link to the thread in the dragon's bio. Like mine!

The top of the thread also says:
Quote:
If any questions occur, please don't hesitate to ping @/Hellan or the creator of the subspecies (if they're still available)!

The creator of this subspecies doesn't seem active anymore (last forum post they made was back in 2016), so it's probably best to ask @/Hellan in the thread, just to make sure. Good luck :)

Edit to add: Apologies Hellan, I did not mean to ping!! Edited the ping out again
nnnnnnnnnnn

I enjoy hosting nests
and swapping dragons.

Adopt someone?
nnnnnnn

In the process of
building some lore
@gwurgle

Hello there!

I was reading the thread and...yeah, like it was said, many subspecies are very open in a sense that you can self register your dragons as part of a subspecies without the need to contact the original creator (as long as the dragons meet the official requirements)
Some people even start new pairs from zero and once they have the right genes/breeds they add the subspecies' official banner to their bio and it's valid! ofc there will be exceptions but when it comes to Geodes im pretty sure you should be fine adding the official banner to their bio!
There are even official Geodes that are G1s!

Hope that helped and if you still have any questions feel free to use this thread or send me a PM!

@DragonSister Do not worry! Thanks for all the guidance you provided here to the op of this thread!
@gwurgle

Hello there!

I was reading the thread and...yeah, like it was said, many subspecies are very open in a sense that you can self register your dragons as part of a subspecies without the need to contact the original creator (as long as the dragons meet the official requirements)
Some people even start new pairs from zero and once they have the right genes/breeds they add the subspecies' official banner to their bio and it's valid! ofc there will be exceptions but when it comes to Geodes im pretty sure you should be fine adding the official banner to their bio!
There are even official Geodes that are G1s!

Hope that helped and if you still have any questions feel free to use this thread or send me a PM!

@DragonSister Do not worry! Thanks for all the guidance you provided here to the op of this thread!
encyclopediaterraria__signatur_by_irrwahn-da2495e.pngHareicon.png