Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | IC Vikings
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
“It’s cold…”
Harlief shivered and pressed into the rough floor. The floor was being stained red. His face had gone pale already.
The fae seemed to shiver at the edges.
“No… please don’t…”
“It’s cold…”
Harlief shivered and pressed into the rough floor. The floor was being stained red. His face had gone pale already.
The fae seemed to shiver at the edges.
“No… please don’t…”
51782446420_a0a433b2ce_t.jpg
tumblr_inline_o6yflmESPj1ts73zp_400.png
tumblr_inline_o6ygf7tD5N1ts73zp_400.png
"Hang on, don't give up on me now." He'd clearly started going into shock, Skarde needed to move faster. He secured the blankets the best he could to maintain pressure, then stood and darted over to where the healer kept herbs. He quickly rummaged through, looking for something familiar. He didn't know any of them by name, but there had to be something... He pulled one out and sniffed it. He recognized it from using it out in the field, it was good at warding off infection which was what he needed. He grabbed the bundle along with a basket of freshly rolled bandages and hurried back over to Harlief's side.
"I'm sorry, this is gonna hurt, just hold on. You can bite down on this if you need to." He pressed a cloth into his hand. He then took a deep breath and slowly but steadily pulled out the knife, immediately pressing a bandage into the wound.
"Hang on, don't give up on me now." He'd clearly started going into shock, Skarde needed to move faster. He secured the blankets the best he could to maintain pressure, then stood and darted over to where the healer kept herbs. He quickly rummaged through, looking for something familiar. He didn't know any of them by name, but there had to be something... He pulled one out and sniffed it. He recognized it from using it out in the field, it was good at warding off infection which was what he needed. He grabbed the bundle along with a basket of freshly rolled bandages and hurried back over to Harlief's side.
"I'm sorry, this is gonna hurt, just hold on. You can bite down on this if you need to." He pressed a cloth into his hand. He then took a deep breath and slowly but steadily pulled out the knife, immediately pressing a bandage into the wound.
Harlief clumsily put the cloth in his mouth and bit down hard, his cries then muffled. Blood welled up and coated Skarde’s hands a glistening red. He managed a weak flail, trying to get away despite himself.
Harlief clumsily put the cloth in his mouth and bit down hard, his cries then muffled. Blood welled up and coated Skarde’s hands a glistening red. He managed a weak flail, trying to get away despite himself.
Skarde held him from moving, used to resistance. He quickly packed the wound with more cloth, applying more and more pressure. "You're doing good, easy now." He mumbled, not even entirely aware of what he was saying as he worked, adding more and more bandages as the blood soaked them through.
Skarde held him from moving, used to resistance. He quickly packed the wound with more cloth, applying more and more pressure. "You're doing good, easy now." He mumbled, not even entirely aware of what he was saying as he worked, adding more and more bandages as the blood soaked them through.
Terror fell upon him and he thrashed harder, adrenaline coursing through him. Why can’t I get away? The fae has me?!
Terror fell upon him and he thrashed harder, adrenaline coursing through him. Why can’t I get away? The fae has me?!
Skarde shifted to where he was partially on top of Harlief, pinning him down as he applied pressure to the wound and even more bandages, interspacing the herbs with them to keep the wound from getting infected. Translating one of his tasks with the sheep to this situation, Barakki grabbed the shoulder of Harlief's shirt in his jaws and held him that way, much like he would a panicked sheep.
Skarde shifted to where he was partially on top of Harlief, pinning him down as he applied pressure to the wound and even more bandages, interspacing the herbs with them to keep the wound from getting infected. Translating one of his tasks with the sheep to this situation, Barakki grabbed the shoulder of Harlief's shirt in his jaws and held him that way, much like he would a panicked sheep.
Gis heart beat faster and faster, until, mercifully, he passed out. The cloth fell from his mouth as he went limp.
Gis heart beat faster and faster, until, mercifully, he passed out. The cloth fell from his mouth as he went limp.
Skarde grimaced but continued until mercifully the blood no longer soaked through the layers of bandage. Though at this point, it was just as likely that it was because there was no more blood to be shed rather than his success
Skarde grimaced but continued until mercifully the blood no longer soaked through the layers of bandage. Though at this point, it was just as likely that it was because there was no more blood to be shed rather than his success
Sigurd stumbled in from the back bedroom, squinting at the scene before him. "What's he done now?"
Sigurd stumbled in from the back bedroom, squinting at the scene before him. "What's he done now?"
Skarde looked up, his hands and the front of his tunic covered in blood. "Somehow slipped off his bed, there was a knife in his pack." He explained flatly, attempting to brush his hair off of his forehead with the back of his hand and leaving a smear of blood there as well. "how you missed it I have no idea."
Skarde looked up, his hands and the front of his tunic covered in blood. "Somehow slipped off his bed, there was a knife in his pack." He explained flatly, attempting to brush his hair off of his forehead with the back of his hand and leaving a smear of blood there as well. "how you missed it I have no idea."
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43