Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | let fiona have sprites during fests
DISCLAIMER: this is not suggesting a way to get the sprites and other ultra rare familiars, only a way to bond with them

since sprites show up rarely in fiona and are very hard to get, i think during festival weeks that flight's sprite should be in an extra slot at fiona's for the whole event

mabye there can be a bonus for interacting with the sprite (to make up for the bonding this way taking probably several years), like a bond does double bonding or triple bonding, or if the sprite is awakened there can be a bonus fest currency drop (guaranteed more than 1)

maybe during night of the nocturne and anniversary events fiona can have a random pre-sprite retired familiar such as one from beta or downtime or kickstarter; if this familiar is already awakened it can drop a bonus item like chest during notn or extra money during other events; for non awakened it could be like a bond is a double bond

DISCLAIMER: this is not suggesting a way to get the sprites and other ultra rare familiars, only a way to bond with them

since sprites show up rarely in fiona and are very hard to get, i think during festival weeks that flight's sprite should be in an extra slot at fiona's for the whole event

mabye there can be a bonus for interacting with the sprite (to make up for the bonding this way taking probably several years), like a bond does double bonding or triple bonding, or if the sprite is awakened there can be a bonus fest currency drop (guaranteed more than 1)

maybe during night of the nocturne and anniversary events fiona can have a random pre-sprite retired familiar such as one from beta or downtime or kickstarter; if this familiar is already awakened it can drop a bonus item like chest during notn or extra money during other events; for non awakened it could be like a bond is a double bond

my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I feel this is unnecessary.
Fiona already exists as the compromise for letting us bond with rare familiars and get their rewards without owning them. It's weighted so that non-awakened familiars have a higher chance of showing up at Fiona's page.
I feel this is unnecessary.
Fiona already exists as the compromise for letting us bond with rare familiars and get their rewards without owning them. It's weighted so that non-awakened familiars have a higher chance of showing up at Fiona's page.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I agree that it feel unnecessary; by design, Fiona will be a bit more likely to show you familiars that you haven't awakened yet, so they'll cycle through on their own year-around for folks that haven't completed them yet. I feel like it would also open the floodgates for people demanding ALL of the fest familiars be permanent fixtures during their respective holiday. "We have the Sprites, why can't we also have the Bears? Why can't we also have the Spirits?"
I agree that it feel unnecessary; by design, Fiona will be a bit more likely to show you familiars that you haven't awakened yet, so they'll cycle through on their own year-around for folks that haven't completed them yet. I feel like it would also open the floodgates for people demanding ALL of the fest familiars be permanent fixtures during their respective holiday. "We have the Sprites, why can't we also have the Bears? Why can't we also have the Spirits?"
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
Honestly, as somebody with very little skin in the game since I have most of the relevant familiars awakened already... I think this could be cute (for all fest fams, not just Sprites). I don't think "permanent" is necessary (or possible- we have 10 years of fest fams and only 8 slots at Fiona) but I do think "up the chances one shows up" could be neat. Just a little bit of holiday flavor [emoji=imperial happy size=1]
Honestly, as somebody with very little skin in the game since I have most of the relevant familiars awakened already... I think this could be cute (for all fest fams, not just Sprites). I don't think "permanent" is necessary (or possible- we have 10 years of fest fams and only 8 slots at Fiona) but I do think "up the chances one shows up" could be neat. Just a little bit of holiday flavor
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I'm on team "not necessary but cute". I think more holiday flavor around the site can't be a bad thing, and there aren't a lot of other ways Fiona could involve herself. It could be expanded to a higher chance to have familiars associated with that holiday's element in general, rather than sprites only.
I'm on team "not necessary but cute". I think more holiday flavor around the site can't be a bad thing, and there aren't a lot of other ways Fiona could involve herself. It could be expanded to a higher chance to have familiars associated with that holiday's element in general, rather than sprites only.
21402.png
I'm confused by what you mean by this: [quote](to make up for the bonding this way taking probably several years),[/quote] It didn't take Fiona very long to rip through all the old familiars I'm never going to get, because she prioritizes familiars you don't already have. We ALREADY get to bond old familiars with Fiona. That's the entire point of her! Edit: I've looked through your bestiary. It looks like you have most things already awakened. If you keep bonding the ones you have and keep visiting Fiona every day, it really won't take you that long to get the sprites awakened.
I'm confused by what you mean by this:
Quote:
(to make up for the bonding this way taking probably several years),

It didn't take Fiona very long to rip through all the old familiars I'm never going to get, because she prioritizes familiars you don't already have.

We ALREADY get to bond old familiars with Fiona. That's the entire point of her!

Edit: I've looked through your bestiary. It looks like you have most things already awakened. If you keep bonding the ones you have and keep visiting Fiona every day, it really won't take you that long to get the sprites awakened.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
[quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2024-03-06 05:39:31" ] I'm confused by what you mean by this: [quote](to make up for the bonding this way taking probably several years),[/quote] It didn't take Fiona very long to rip through all the old familiars I'm never going to get, because she prioritizes familiars you don't already have. We ALREADY get to bond old familiars with Fiona. That's the entire point of her! Edit: I've looked through your bestiary. It looks like you have most things already awakened. If you keep bonding the ones you have and keep visiting Fiona every day, it really won't take you that long to get the sprites awakened. [/quote] Awakening a familiar takes a month or two and a festival is 7 days long so you would get 7 guaranteed bonds to the sprite and then whether that sprite appears again that year is random [quote name="Senya" date="2024-03-04 18:53:22" ] I agree that it feel unnecessary; by design, Fiona will be a bit more likely to show you familiars that you haven't awakened yet, so they'll cycle through on their own year-around for folks that haven't completed them yet. I feel like it would also open the floodgates for people demanding ALL of the fest familiars be permanent fixtures during their respective holiday. "We have the Sprites, why can't we also have the Bears? Why can't we also have the Spirits?" [/quote] The sprites are much more requested (to unretire and this is controversial so this is a way to make bonding easier while not making the people against unretiring upset) and much more difficult to acquire than the newer familiars so it makes sense to only have them in this feature
LordJeanliness wrote on 2024-03-06 05:39:31:
I'm confused by what you mean by this:
Quote:
(to make up for the bonding this way taking probably several years),

It didn't take Fiona very long to rip through all the old familiars I'm never going to get, because she prioritizes familiars you don't already have.

We ALREADY get to bond old familiars with Fiona. That's the entire point of her!

Edit: I've looked through your bestiary. It looks like you have most things already awakened. If you keep bonding the ones you have and keep visiting Fiona every day, it really won't take you that long to get the sprites awakened.
Awakening a familiar takes a month or two and a festival is 7 days long so you would get 7 guaranteed bonds to the sprite and then whether that sprite appears again that year is random
Senya wrote on 2024-03-04 18:53:22:
The sprites are much more requested (to unretire and this is controversial so this is a way to make bonding easier while not making the people against unretiring upset) and much more difficult to acquire than the newer familiars so it makes sense to only have them in this feature
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Not needed but it'd be a neat gimmick
Not needed but it'd be a neat gimmick
sBdLZtA.png
I agree with what other people have said, that this maybe isn't the most needed, but I support it as a cute flight themeing idea for fests. I feel like it would work best not as exclusively sprites but as all fest familiars for that particular flight.

Something like the fest the chances of Fiona having a fest familiar are raised for un-awakened fest familiars from the celebrating flight?
Or maybe one Fiona slot during the week could be dedicated to fest familiars from that flight? So throughout the week a player would have 7 guaranteed chances to bond with one of the [year number] existing flight fest familiars. Maybe they'll get to bond with the sprite 7 times in a row. Maybe it'll be the goblin three times and slink twice or something.
I agree with what other people have said, that this maybe isn't the most needed, but I support it as a cute flight themeing idea for fests. I feel like it would work best not as exclusively sprites but as all fest familiars for that particular flight.

Something like the fest the chances of Fiona having a fest familiar are raised for un-awakened fest familiars from the celebrating flight?
Or maybe one Fiona slot during the week could be dedicated to fest familiars from that flight? So throughout the week a player would have 7 guaranteed chances to bond with one of the [year number] existing flight fest familiars. Maybe they'll get to bond with the sprite 7 times in a row. Maybe it'll be the goblin three times and slink twice or something.
but you can bond with the sprites through fiona any time, they just have to show up?
but you can bond with the sprites through fiona any time, they just have to show up?
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether