Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin transmutation overhaul. Please.
1 2 3
I'm not the first to ask this. I most certainly won't be the last. But there's really no reason for the Baldwin transmutation interface to look like this. [img]https://i.imgur.com/r8HBXZV.png[/img] The box where you can see items is tiny!! I have this WHOLE PAGE to use up, and this is the size of the popup? Why aren't certain items like familiars and apparel stacked when the images of them take [i]forever[/i] to load? I dread throwing anything that isn't stackable into Baldwin's pot because I cannot stand having to wait for hundreds of tiny icons in a tiny space to load, and then I have to use that tiny space to search for what item I'm trying to transmute. Please. Baldwin UI overhaul. I desperately crave it. Put off the next dragon breed for another year, I don't care so long as Baldwin gets some attention to fix the nightmare that is his Bubbling Brew.
I'm not the first to ask this. I most certainly won't be the last. But there's really no reason for the Baldwin transmutation interface to look like this.

r8HBXZV.png

The box where you can see items is tiny!! I have this WHOLE PAGE to use up, and this is the size of the popup? Why aren't certain items like familiars and apparel stacked when the images of them take forever to load? I dread throwing anything that isn't stackable into Baldwin's pot because I cannot stand having to wait for hundreds of tiny icons in a tiny space to load, and then I have to use that tiny space to search for what item I'm trying to transmute.

Please. Baldwin UI overhaul. I desperately crave it. Put off the next dragon breed for another year, I don't care so long as Baldwin gets some attention to fix the nightmare that is his Bubbling Brew.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
Baldwin UI overhaul gets a support from me. Unless what you want is the first thing in the inventory, it's a nightmare.

Want to melt one of your duplicate NotN familiars? You're not allowed to search for it - you have to scroll all the way to the bottom, wait for everything above it to load, and then find it before you can add it. Heaven help you if it wasn't from the most recent NotN and you have to scroll around looking for it.

Same with apparel.

I've actually started moving all of my stuff into storage before I try to melt specific items down with Baldwin just to cut back on the loading and scrolling and searching - but it feels really crappy to have to click 147 pages of clothing and 68 pages of familiars in and out of storage constantly just to make the whole process manageable.

If not a complete overhaul on the UI, please, at least a search box.
Baldwin UI overhaul gets a support from me. Unless what you want is the first thing in the inventory, it's a nightmare.

Want to melt one of your duplicate NotN familiars? You're not allowed to search for it - you have to scroll all the way to the bottom, wait for everything above it to load, and then find it before you can add it. Heaven help you if it wasn't from the most recent NotN and you have to scroll around looking for it.

Same with apparel.

I've actually started moving all of my stuff into storage before I try to melt specific items down with Baldwin just to cut back on the loading and scrolling and searching - but it feels really crappy to have to click 147 pages of clothing and 68 pages of familiars in and out of storage constantly just to make the whole process manageable.

If not a complete overhaul on the UI, please, at least a search box.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
Huge support, the selection screen is ridiculously small.
Huge support, the selection screen is ridiculously small.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
The same (or nearly identical) UI is also used to attach items to Crossroads Trades and Private Messages, which drives me even more mad since I often want to send several (stacks of) of the same item to people at a time and have to scroll through all my stuff to find it again.

The Sell UI on the AH is somewhat better due to fitting a larger grid of items, but still suffers from the same basic problem.

(It'd also be great if items showed that they're used for trades etc. in these spots.)

Basically I just want the Hoard UI everywhere.
The same (or nearly identical) UI is also used to attach items to Crossroads Trades and Private Messages, which drives me even more mad since I often want to send several (stacks of) of the same item to people at a time and have to scroll through all my stuff to find it again.

The Sell UI on the AH is somewhat better due to fitting a larger grid of items, but still suffers from the same basic problem.

(It'd also be great if items showed that they're used for trades etc. in these spots.)

Basically I just want the Hoard UI everywhere.
uHUuVFD.png
I'm sure I saw someone ask a while back to introduce an ability to make an inventory of purely items you want to melt?
Also yes I could really use the screen being bigger and fams stacking
I'm sure I saw someone ask a while back to introduce an ability to make an inventory of purely items you want to melt?
Also yes I could really use the screen being bigger and fams stacking
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Lair Purge&Sales
»Pinkerlocke

Buy!
While I wholeheartedly support this idea, FYI, in the meantime, you can transmute directly from your hoard, which has a much nicer interface to navigate. Just select an item while your cauldron is idle and click the "Transmute" button. You can even stack your familiars (and apparel items) via the "Virtual Stacks" option.
While I wholeheartedly support this idea, FYI, in the meantime, you can transmute directly from your hoard, which has a much nicer interface to navigate. Just select an item while your cauldron is idle and click the "Transmute" button. You can even stack your familiars (and apparel items) via the "Virtual Stacks" option.
9D8YYS1.png6I5ajst.png
Full support. At the moment, the state it is in is ridiculously difficult to use
Full support. At the moment, the state it is in is ridiculously difficult to use
_________ CkbRBhK.gif _ Moondyne | fr time +17 | "If it's meant to happen it'll happen anyway"
Massive support! I have ended up moving everything to my vault, because apart from the manual effort that goes into finding the right items, the whole thing got so immensely slow because of the size of my hoard
Massive support! I have ended up moving everything to my vault, because apart from the manual effort that goes into finding the right items, the whole thing got so immensely slow because of the size of my hoard
I'm begging, please. Sometimes it takes ages to load anything beyond the first few rows. I legitimately wouldn't mind if breeds and genes and apparel and everything was put on hold just to fix this.
I'm begging, please. Sometimes it takes ages to load anything beyond the first few rows. I legitimately wouldn't mind if breeds and genes and apparel and everything was put on hold just to fix this.
@Kamikire You know I had seen that button at some point but I don't think I've ever actually clicked on it or considered its utility, thanks for pointing that out!
@Kamikire You know I had seen that button at some point but I don't think I've ever actually clicked on it or considered its utility, thanks for pointing that out!
uHUuVFD.png
1 2 3