Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Updated Dragon Leveling Guide!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
@Addmon

Thanks, this really helped! Is there anything I should do for healing?
@Addmon

Thanks, this really helped! Is there anything I should do for healing?

@Serpensavis

Healing is based on MAG/INT (I forget which one), which your trainer dragon won't have points in, so for the most part I don't heal. The goal is to defeat the enemies before they have a chance to hit you more than once. Occasionally your Eliminate will miss and you'll need to rebuild breath via Scratch, in which case you might die. This isn't too annoying if you're only leveling fodder to 6 or 7, but could be aggravating if you're leveling to 10.

Other options for healing:
1. If I have an extra turn at the end of the match, I sometimes use a healing potion. Usually not worth it
because it doesn't restore much health.
2. There's an attack called Sap that restores some of your health, and does the same amount of damage as Scratch. You can use this in a pinch, but it uses breath, which you need to conserve for Eliminate. (I've found Sap to be EXTREMELY useful for the 2 trainer-1 fodder build in Kelp, but not so useful when you run 1 trainer-2 fodder in the Mire. The 2 trainer build in Kelp uses Scratch more often and therefore rebuilds breath more easily.)
3. If you plan to raise one of your non-trainer dragons to level 25, you could always train that dragon as a healer. I've done this a few times and it works reasonably well. It's also fairly inexpensive. The main downside is that you'll have to put some stats/stones on your healer dragon, which will screw with your muscle memory because you'll have to pay attention to which dragon's turn it is. If you don't put any stats/stones on your non-trainer dragons, or only put stats into VIT, they basically never get a turn.

@Serpensavis

Healing is based on MAG/INT (I forget which one), which your trainer dragon won't have points in, so for the most part I don't heal. The goal is to defeat the enemies before they have a chance to hit you more than once. Occasionally your Eliminate will miss and you'll need to rebuild breath via Scratch, in which case you might die. This isn't too annoying if you're only leveling fodder to 6 or 7, but could be aggravating if you're leveling to 10.

Other options for healing:
1. If I have an extra turn at the end of the match, I sometimes use a healing potion. Usually not worth it
because it doesn't restore much health.
2. There's an attack called Sap that restores some of your health, and does the same amount of damage as Scratch. You can use this in a pinch, but it uses breath, which you need to conserve for Eliminate. (I've found Sap to be EXTREMELY useful for the 2 trainer-1 fodder build in Kelp, but not so useful when you run 1 trainer-2 fodder in the Mire. The 2 trainer build in Kelp uses Scratch more often and therefore rebuilds breath more easily.)
3. If you plan to raise one of your non-trainer dragons to level 25, you could always train that dragon as a healer. I've done this a few times and it works reasonably well. It's also fairly inexpensive. The main downside is that you'll have to put some stats/stones on your healer dragon, which will screw with your muscle memory because you'll have to pay attention to which dragon's turn it is. If you don't put any stats/stones on your non-trainer dragons, or only put stats into VIT, they basically never get a turn.
Art by Drytil
This guide helps me to build my first time ever one team on coliseum.
Tysm!
This guide helps me to build my first time ever one team on coliseum.
Tysm!
fkWjutW.png
6KQB58c.png
rix3ppo.png
UU9vIu2.png
nWiQNX9.png

tumblr_o9deb1vBrI1tv56zio5_100.png

qY8shmQ.png
MUYNhfy.png
oaolHwW.png
hZipXGO.png
YMPbu9R.png
I'm trying to start my build but I'm not earning any xp? I'm so confused as to what's happening and how to do this. I have a lvl 10 and two lvl 1s, none of which seem to earn any xp when defeating enemies
I'm trying to start my build but I'm not earning any xp? I'm so confused as to what's happening and how to do this. I have a lvl 10 and two lvl 1s, none of which seem to earn any xp when defeating enemies
w8o0xW1.png 8JZqDyD.png
SQXwQvB.png
oAF3DvH.png
fYjKMys.png
gLPfXzx.png
8Pp6XGI.png
oW52XaK.png
N5w86O0.png
Free-ish Dragons!
tBfnr5I.png
@FyniteShadow027
You only earn exp when you battle a maximum of 5 levels lower than your highest leveled dragon! So training fields will be to low for your level 10. You would need to move up to a higher leveled venue, but that will be incredibly difficult at your low levels, considering the vast difference in levels for your dragons so early on.
@FyniteShadow027
You only earn exp when you battle a maximum of 5 levels lower than your highest leveled dragon! So training fields will be to low for your level 10. You would need to move up to a higher leveled venue, but that will be incredibly difficult at your low levels, considering the vast difference in levels for your dragons so early on.
@Canis Bookmarking!
@Canis Bookmarking!
I used the Culex guide back in the day for two lvl 25 dragons, light and shadow, which work great in the kelp beds. Now I'm trying to add an arcane mage to my team so I can farm the golem workshop. Would it be better for my mage to have meditate/contuse or scratch/shred?
I used the Culex guide back in the day for two lvl 25 dragons, light and shadow, which work great in the kelp beds. Now I'm trying to add an arcane mage to my team so I can farm the golem workshop. Would it be better for my mage to have meditate/contuse or scratch/shred?
cNO33HV.png
[quote name="imagreekgoddess" date="2024-04-01 10:47:45" ] I used the Culex guide back in the day for two lvl 25 dragons, light and shadow, which work great in the kelp beds. Now I'm trying to add an arcane mage to my team so I can farm the golem workshop. Would it be better for my mage to have meditate/contuse or scratch/shred? [/quote] Meditate/contuse to build breath and synergize with the archetype. Scratch/shred won’t deal any damage on a mage. @imagreekgoddess
imagreekgoddess wrote on 2024-04-01 10:47:45:
Meditate/contuse to build breath and synergize with the archetype. Scratch/shred won’t deal any damage on a mage. @imagreekgoddess
mt8lr6s.png
I have an Arcane Mire Monk duo (Meditate/Rally/Elim) which are fantastic at grinding and training all the way up to the Mire, including bosses. Then they founder as soon as they hit the Kelp Beds (lol).

I'm currently training a level 25 (Light), he's nearly done ready now but not yet statted. (It takes me a long time because I get bored easily and also have to spend time grinding for hibden.)

I would like to make a team which can grind in ALL venues, including taking down bosses. Is there a way I can make my mire monks work for this? Like if I stat my third dragon in a particular way (fighter, mage or a third monk for instance) or if I slightly rejig their stats without compromising their Mire-crushing abilities? Or am I simply doomed to train up a whole different team for the job?

Thanks in advance for any advice or links! I've looked at some of the guides - including this - but they all seem to relate to training a specific team or not going higher than the mire.
I have an Arcane Mire Monk duo (Meditate/Rally/Elim) which are fantastic at grinding and training all the way up to the Mire, including bosses. Then they founder as soon as they hit the Kelp Beds (lol).

I'm currently training a level 25 (Light), he's nearly done ready now but not yet statted. (It takes me a long time because I get bored easily and also have to spend time grinding for hibden.)

I would like to make a team which can grind in ALL venues, including taking down bosses. Is there a way I can make my mire monks work for this? Like if I stat my third dragon in a particular way (fighter, mage or a third monk for instance) or if I slightly rejig their stats without compromising their Mire-crushing abilities? Or am I simply doomed to train up a whole different team for the job?

Thanks in advance for any advice or links! I've looked at some of the guides - including this - but they all seem to relate to training a specific team or not going higher than the mire.
CTF4up6.png
@Fledhyris
A mage is definitely a great addition to the duo, though if you want to guarantee being able to crush all venues, you may need to rework their stats to be 133 STR, in order for battles in Golem Workshop to be easier. Most enemies in Forbidden Portal are mages so they can be easily dealt with even if you take longer to kill them (and the bosses can be dealt with if you use Reflect on your dragons, so I recommend giving all of them that battlestone), but Golem Workshop is where the difficulties lie.
@Fledhyris
A mage is definitely a great addition to the duo, though if you want to guarantee being able to crush all venues, you may need to rework their stats to be 133 STR, in order for battles in Golem Workshop to be easier. Most enemies in Forbidden Portal are mages so they can be easily dealt with even if you take longer to kill them (and the bosses can be dealt with if you use Reflect on your dragons, so I recommend giving all of them that battlestone), but Golem Workshop is where the difficulties lie.
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20