Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Pokemon Generation?
1 2 3 4
my favorite generation is generation 9. i really like the characters and koraidon is my scrunkly blorbo.

gen1: vaporeon. loved water puppy ever since i was little. really good casual bulky attacker

gen2: ho-oh!! ho-oh i'd learned about even before vaporeon i was suuuper little but i loved birds and went omg peacock thing

gen3: flygon :)

gen4: garchomp

gen5: archeops!

gen6: yveltal looks like itd taste like fruit gummy.

gen7: i adore decidueye

gen8: galarian zapdos go brrr (fun fact, the galar birds aren't even the same species as the kanto birds! they're the first instance of convergent evolution in pokemon)

gen9: koraidon and the paradox beasts my beloved
my favorite generation is generation 9. i really like the characters and koraidon is my scrunkly blorbo.

gen1: vaporeon. loved water puppy ever since i was little. really good casual bulky attacker

gen2: ho-oh!! ho-oh i'd learned about even before vaporeon i was suuuper little but i loved birds and went omg peacock thing

gen3: flygon :)

gen4: garchomp

gen5: archeops!

gen6: yveltal looks like itd taste like fruit gummy.

gen7: i adore decidueye

gen8: galarian zapdos go brrr (fun fact, the galar birds aren't even the same species as the kanto birds! they're the first instance of convergent evolution in pokemon)

gen9: koraidon and the paradox beasts my beloved
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
Generation 5 and it's not even close. Having been a fan since the release of the very first games that generation felt like the culmination of everything I wanted Pokémon to be.

Upped difficulty, better story, loads of new pokémon, gorgeous pixel artstyle with animated sprites, cycling time AND seasons, lots to explore post-game, infinite TMs... the only thing I seriously miss from later games was getting rid of HMs. And all of this without some special once-per-generation mechanic like mega evolutions and what-not. Just pure pokémon gameplay.

It's the peak of Pokémon for me (though Heart Gold and Soul Silver come close). And I still haven't played the sequels, is should do that sometime (I really wanna replay my original black too, but I'm so attached to my pokémon...).

Fav mons

Gen 1: Arcanine
Gen 2: Umbreon
Gen 3: Skitty
Gen 4: Lucario
Gen 5: Snivy
Gen 6: Meowstic & Hawlucha (I can't pick, they're both awesome)
Gen 7: Lurantis
Gen 8: Centiskorch
Gen 9: Haven't played yet, but from looking at them, Meowscarada
Generation 5 and it's not even close. Having been a fan since the release of the very first games that generation felt like the culmination of everything I wanted Pokémon to be.

Upped difficulty, better story, loads of new pokémon, gorgeous pixel artstyle with animated sprites, cycling time AND seasons, lots to explore post-game, infinite TMs... the only thing I seriously miss from later games was getting rid of HMs. And all of this without some special once-per-generation mechanic like mega evolutions and what-not. Just pure pokémon gameplay.

It's the peak of Pokémon for me (though Heart Gold and Soul Silver come close). And I still haven't played the sequels, is should do that sometime (I really wanna replay my original black too, but I'm so attached to my pokémon...).

Fav mons

Gen 1: Arcanine
Gen 2: Umbreon
Gen 3: Skitty
Gen 4: Lucario
Gen 5: Snivy
Gen 6: Meowstic & Hawlucha (I can't pick, they're both awesome)
Gen 7: Lurantis
Gen 8: Centiskorch
Gen 9: Haven't played yet, but from looking at them, Meowscarada
Gen 3! Hoenn 4 lyfe! And yes it's mostly because it was the first one I played so it's nostalgic for me. I still really like the remakes, I think they did a great job. Both the remakes and the originals are great (although I've somehow never played Emerald lol).

I really like gen 5 too (probably my favorite pokedex), and although I think gen 7 has a few weak points, I quite like those games too :)

My favorite pokemons!

gen 1: Arcanine
gen 2: Furret
gen 3: Jirachi (all time favorite :))
gen 4: Luxray
gen 5: Reuniclus and Hydreigon
gen 6: Goodra
gen 7: Lycanroc
gen 8: Corviknight
gen 9: I haven't played it and I don't really care for any of the designs lol
Gen 3! Hoenn 4 lyfe! And yes it's mostly because it was the first one I played so it's nostalgic for me. I still really like the remakes, I think they did a great job. Both the remakes and the originals are great (although I've somehow never played Emerald lol).

I really like gen 5 too (probably my favorite pokedex), and although I think gen 7 has a few weak points, I quite like those games too :)

My favorite pokemons!

gen 1: Arcanine
gen 2: Furret
gen 3: Jirachi (all time favorite :))
gen 4: Luxray
gen 5: Reuniclus and Hydreigon
gen 6: Goodra
gen 7: Lycanroc
gen 8: Corviknight
gen 9: I haven't played it and I don't really care for any of the designs lol
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
g4 and g8!!!!

sylveon, reshiram, zoroark, zeraora, and weavile are some of my top faves!!
g4 and g8!!!!

sylveon, reshiram, zoroark, zeraora, and weavile are some of my top faves!!
gen three.
i have more of an ungrounded nostalgia for two - silver was the first game of mine. yellow was the first i played, but it was my cousins. i remember being a few years old, not knowing anything at all about pokemon, running around and enjoying the environment. its a wonder i beat it.
three is the gen i was more present for, i remember keeping track of typings and paying attention to the story, sitting on the bus to school with my gba/sp on just listening to the music, not even playing
sableye is my favorite pokemon

Gen 1 fav: nidoking
Gen 2 fav: feraligatr
Gen 3 fav: sableye
Gen fav: toxicroak
Gen 5 fav: sigilyph or swoobat
Gen 6 fav: dragalge
Gen 7 fav: vikivolt or dhelmise
Gen 8 fav: centiskortch
Gen 9 fav: garganacl or grafaiai
gen three.
i have more of an ungrounded nostalgia for two - silver was the first game of mine. yellow was the first i played, but it was my cousins. i remember being a few years old, not knowing anything at all about pokemon, running around and enjoying the environment. its a wonder i beat it.
three is the gen i was more present for, i remember keeping track of typings and paying attention to the story, sitting on the bus to school with my gba/sp on just listening to the music, not even playing
sableye is my favorite pokemon

Gen 1 fav: nidoking
Gen 2 fav: feraligatr
Gen 3 fav: sableye
Gen fav: toxicroak
Gen 5 fav: sigilyph or swoobat
Gen 6 fav: dragalge
Gen 7 fav: vikivolt or dhelmise
Gen 8 fav: centiskortch
Gen 9 fav: garganacl or grafaiai
BkLX97a.png
Generation 7 is my favorite!! mostly because it's where I started off playing, I were pretty late to the party - but I fondly look back to it given that I also played with an older sibling of mine^^

(I dunno! I just never thought to get a gaming console, the one I got had been gifted)

I forever love my first ever starter pokemon, Poppy [whose a primarina] my boy he is absolutely KILLING it

I'm also pretty fond of Hau! Top tier best friend as well as malasada enjoyer:-]
Generation 7 is my favorite!! mostly because it's where I started off playing, I were pretty late to the party - but I fondly look back to it given that I also played with an older sibling of mine^^

(I dunno! I just never thought to get a gaming console, the one I got had been gifted)

I forever love my first ever starter pokemon, Poppy [whose a primarina] my boy he is absolutely KILLING it

I'm also pretty fond of Hau! Top tier best friend as well as malasada enjoyer:-]
A large eyed creature looks at the viewer, rainbow confetti spills all around it, the legend YIPPE can be read above it a silly doodle of my favorite dragon A large eyed creature with headphones. Rainbow coloured musical notes hover all around it. we stay silly

Agender Flag Pansexual Flag
Transmasculine Flag Demisexual Flag
Gen 5, because it has Kyurem, and he's my favourite Pokemon.

That being said my first game was gen 3 but honestly I didn't like the starters for this gen that much, but the presence of Raikou does bump it up a notch.
Gen 5, because it has Kyurem, and he's my favourite Pokemon.

That being said my first game was gen 3 but honestly I didn't like the starters for this gen that much, but the presence of Raikou does bump it up a notch.
jCVhFoZ.gif
My favorite generation is teeechnically Gen4, but I've always thought of it as Gen2 since its a remake of them. (Heart Gold / Soul Silver!!)

My favorites are: (starter + general pokemon)
Gen 1: Charizard, Dodrio
Gen 2: Typhlosion, Maril
Gen 3: Blaziken, Skitty
Gen 4: Empoleon, Garchomp
Gen 5: Serperior, Elektross
Gen 6: Delphox, Malamar
Gen 7: Decidueye, Baile Oricorio/Kommo-o
Gen 8: Sobble, Perrserker
Gen 9: Quaquaval, Slither Wing
My favorite generation is teeechnically Gen4, but I've always thought of it as Gen2 since its a remake of them. (Heart Gold / Soul Silver!!)

My favorites are: (starter + general pokemon)
Gen 1: Charizard, Dodrio
Gen 2: Typhlosion, Maril
Gen 3: Blaziken, Skitty
Gen 4: Empoleon, Garchomp
Gen 5: Serperior, Elektross
Gen 6: Delphox, Malamar
Gen 7: Decidueye, Baile Oricorio/Kommo-o
Gen 8: Sobble, Perrserker
Gen 9: Quaquaval, Slither Wing
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
Gen 2. Kris is still my favorite protag all these years later- I was SO hype to be able to play as a female for the first time. :)

My favorite pokemon from that gen are crobat and umbreon, but I like most of them.

favorites by generation-

1- venusaur
2- crobat and umbreon (tie)
3- cradily
4- mesprit
5- swoobat
6- dragalge
7- golisopod
8- hisiuan zoroark
9- either ceruledge or iron valiant
overall- crobat
type- poison
Gen 2. Kris is still my favorite protag all these years later- I was SO hype to be able to play as a female for the first time. :)

My favorite pokemon from that gen are crobat and umbreon, but I like most of them.

favorites by generation-

1- venusaur
2- crobat and umbreon (tie)
3- cradily
4- mesprit
5- swoobat
6- dragalge
7- golisopod
8- hisiuan zoroark
9- either ceruledge or iron valiant
overall- crobat
type- poison
Gen 4 forever !! :3 Ive collected all of the games from that generation and hope to have a full collection of mainline + spinoff (ranger/mystery dungeon specifically) pokemon games one day [emoji=spiral star size=1] My favourite pokemon by generation are Arbok, Ariados, Flygon, Floatzel, Zoroark, Talonflame, Nihilego, Dragapult, Ceruledge (though a whooole lot of pokemon were trimmed out xDD)
Gen 4 forever !! :3 Ive collected all of the games from that generation and hope to have a full collection of mainline + spinoff (ranger/mystery dungeon specifically) pokemon games one day
My favourite pokemon by generation are Arbok, Ariados, Flygon, Floatzel, Zoroark, Talonflame, Nihilego, Dragapult, Ceruledge (though a whooole lot of pokemon were trimmed out xDD)
23821.png Ane
She / It | Fr+3
Art shop
Seeking March 10th G1s !
Pings welcomed < 3
1 2 3 4