Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Color calculator for breeding
1 2
Link to sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gXyS-8CiT3BPUHqf-KFWhwWj6GVONDZn_WFzSoHyWJw/edit?usp=sharing
Last updated: 24 April 2024
Last genes added: Wavecrest

Are you tired of counting colors to see which breeding pair would give you the best chances of giving the color combination you're after? Me too! So I made a spreadsheet that can do this for you, and more!

Other functions include:
  • Show breed ratios
  • Show gene ratios
  • Check if your wanted colors are possible with the breeding pair you put in
  • Show the chance of getting the gene combination you want
  • Change the odds of the color combinations to reflect gender odds, for when you're after a specific gender
  • Show full odds that takes the odds for goal colors, genes, breed and (if enabled) gender
  • Option to toggle all the above features on/off individually to lessen the visual information
  • NEW! Autofill dragon info from scry link (no scraping; just uses the URL string from the scry link and uses the numbers for the colors and genes in that string :) )

Upcoming feature(s):
  • None planned at the moment!

To use this spreadsheet you need a Google account, follow the link and then make a copy for yourself by going to File > Make a copy. Make sure to read the instructions on the first sheet too!

I plan on updating this sheet whenever new genes drop and their rarity is known, so make sure to add yourself to the ping list if you want to be updated!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or found any mistakes, feel free to leave a message in this thread (I'm subscribed!) or send me a DM!
Link to sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gXyS-8CiT3BPUHqf-KFWhwWj6GVONDZn_WFzSoHyWJw/edit?usp=sharing
Last updated: 24 April 2024
Last genes added: Wavecrest

Are you tired of counting colors to see which breeding pair would give you the best chances of giving the color combination you're after? Me too! So I made a spreadsheet that can do this for you, and more!

Other functions include:
  • Show breed ratios
  • Show gene ratios
  • Check if your wanted colors are possible with the breeding pair you put in
  • Show the chance of getting the gene combination you want
  • Change the odds of the color combinations to reflect gender odds, for when you're after a specific gender
  • Show full odds that takes the odds for goal colors, genes, breed and (if enabled) gender
  • Option to toggle all the above features on/off individually to lessen the visual information
  • NEW! Autofill dragon info from scry link (no scraping; just uses the URL string from the scry link and uses the numbers for the colors and genes in that string :) )

Upcoming feature(s):
  • None planned at the moment!

To use this spreadsheet you need a Google account, follow the link and then make a copy for yourself by going to File > Make a copy. Make sure to read the instructions on the first sheet too!

I plan on updating this sheet whenever new genes drop and their rarity is known, so make sure to add yourself to the ping list if you want to be updated!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or found any mistakes, feel free to leave a message in this thread (I'm subscribed!) or send me a DM!
@pinglist-21518 Quick update! The first post got removed due to the formula that generated the image from the dragons ID, so this version has that feature removed and you can instead manually put in the image link. I also fixed an issue of the Affection gene not showing up in the dropdown [emoji=pearlcatcher happy size=1]
@Color Calculator Updates Quick update! The first post got removed due to the formula that generated the image from the dragons ID, so this version has that feature removed and you can instead manually put in the image link. I also fixed an issue of the Affection gene not showing up in the dropdown
I can see this being very handy, thanks for sharing! [emoji=imperial laughing size=2]
I can see this being very handy, thanks for sharing!
@pinglist-21518 so sorry for another ping already so soon! I found an issue with the spreadsheet showing a wrong output in the color checker option ^^"I managed to fix the issue, so be sure to re-download the sheet and delete the old one! I added the date of the update to the title and instruction sheet as well so its easier to distinguish between versions in future updates (as Google doesnt let you overwrite the old file when making a copy again) [emoji=imperial laughing size=1]
@Color Calculator Updates so sorry for another ping already so soon! I found an issue with the spreadsheet showing a wrong output in the color checker option ^^"I managed to fix the issue, so be sure to re-download the sheet and delete the old one!
I added the date of the update to the title and instruction sheet as well so its easier to distinguish between versions in future updates (as Google doesnt let you overwrite the old file when making a copy again)
Will you be adding an option for fast input by chance? I see a few other sheets having a way to just copy a dragon bio or img from the scry and it auto puts in colors and such that way?

Just asking as it takes out a lot of the manual work to this. :D (but this is almost exactly what I was looking for, I just wanted a way to compare colors and breeding pairs)
Will you be adding an option for fast input by chance? I see a few other sheets having a way to just copy a dragon bio or img from the scry and it auto puts in colors and such that way?

Just asking as it takes out a lot of the manual work to this. :D (but this is almost exactly what I was looking for, I just wanted a way to compare colors and breeding pairs)
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@rosekitten, I could try, can you DM me a link to a sheet (or multiple) that have that feature? I don't know of the top of my head how to do that so I'd need an example hahaha
@rosekitten, I could try, can you DM me a link to a sheet (or multiple) that have that feature? I don't know of the top of my head how to do that so I'd need an example hahaha
@Color Calculator Updates Big update everyone! Besides the new genes and some minor tweaks, I've also added the auto-fill suggestion from @rosekitten, so be sure to download the new version!

It was quite some work to make it, as it required me to add all 800+ individual genes + their corresponding scry numbers, but it works and I hope you guys enjoy it!
I did keep the manual version in there as well, for those of you who are like me and like to use it to quickly check some colors or genes ^^
@Color Calculator Updates Big update everyone! Besides the new genes and some minor tweaks, I've also added the auto-fill suggestion from @rosekitten, so be sure to download the new version!

It was quite some work to make it, as it required me to add all 800+ individual genes + their corresponding scry numbers, but it works and I hope you guys enjoy it!
I did keep the manual version in there as well, for those of you who are like me and like to use it to quickly check some colors or genes ^^
wooo! I'll be sure to test it out here soon :D <3 amazing job.
wooo! I'll be sure to test it out here soon :D <3 amazing job.
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
This resource is absolutely brilliant, thank you so much!
This resource is absolutely brilliant, thank you so much!
rgt1Wh3.png
@Icepath thank you so much, glad to hear! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Icepath thank you so much, glad to hear!
1 2