Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ADHD Moments
1 2 3
ADHD moment where you do every task ever but you forget one crucial thing. Like forgetting to mouth wash after brushing and flossing, or forgetting to mail your Nana's parcel even if you filled out the necessary address and stamped it
ADHD moment where you do every task ever but you forget one crucial thing. Like forgetting to mouth wash after brushing and flossing, or forgetting to mail your Nana's parcel even if you filled out the necessary address and stamped it
Discovering your own tracks of about ten unfinished things around the house after losing the fight against impulse. Not diagnosed....
Discovering your own tracks of about ten unfinished things around the house after losing the fight against impulse. Not diagnosed....
At work I was filling up this bucket with water in the back but I got called up to the front to help a coworker. As I was walking away I thought "I won't be gone long, I'll come back and finish it later!"

I forgot to turn off the faucet... Actually I forgot about the bucket all together. For about 10 minutes XDD The whole back room flooded lol This type of scenario happens a lot with me
At work I was filling up this bucket with water in the back but I got called up to the front to help a coworker. As I was walking away I thought "I won't be gone long, I'll come back and finish it later!"

I forgot to turn off the faucet... Actually I forgot about the bucket all together. For about 10 minutes XDD The whole back room flooded lol This type of scenario happens a lot with me
oQlTGMl.pngdct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.pngMFt2hm4.png
idk if i have adhd but i take meds for adhd (for my anxiety) but LOSING EVERYTHING. like there isn't a single thing i haven't lost before.
idk if i have adhd but i take meds for adhd (for my anxiety) but LOSING EVERYTHING. like there isn't a single thing i haven't lost before.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls!
[quote name="Ness97" date="2024-02-23 16:37:57" ] Something that is so annoying is losing track of time and whoops you forgot to eat [/quote] Slept till after noon/lunch time "I'll just eat later" and whoops its like 8 pm and I haven't ate all day causes 'its too much work to cook, I'll just do it later' and it's been like 6 some hours I postponed eating Putting anything (keys/wallet/phone) anywhere that's not its brain specific spot and it will be lost. Doesn't matter if it's in front of me, if it's not in its [i]spot[/i], my blind eyes can't find it ->lost the same house keys as a kid mulitpe times as a kid cause I kept them in my pocket and every time they got lost in laundry and got locked out --->no, multipe lock out of the house will not remind me when changing clothe to check but getting it to a muscle memory to ALWAYS check my pockets when moving or changing clothes reminds me daily that yes, I almost threw my keys/phone/wallet in the dirty laundry again Better ways to fix stuff then anxiety spiking muscle memory rituals that must be completed or so help me, probably but this one so effective Making 20 some sticky notes all over my work for a time specific reminder so this time I [i]definitely[/i] won't forget to do it.... again --->think I would set an alarm but noooooo, I don't want to make one so 20 plus yellow sticky notes it is and still forget the thing half the time cause time is an [i]illusion[/i] Accidently doing your taxes apparently too early cause I had 1 day the urge to do it and knew if not now it would be like... April 13 so now maybe will have to reduce taxes cause apparently you couldn't do them till February????? Knowing you should do a thing but don't want to, so you do anything else (clean the house, do taxes apparently too early, cook extra food for the week) so you don't feel guilty not doing it cause your 'busy' as the problem glares at me from the back of my brain -theoretical but not tested (undiagnosed) cause at this point all issues I feel I forced to be tolerable or manage with habits so why pay to get diagnosed when i dont have any habits that [i]need[/i] to be fixed but like it [i]explains[/i] sooo much its usually easier to look for solutions threw an adhd lens to manage stuff and explains stuff in an understandable way.
Ness97 wrote on 2024-02-23 16:37:57:
Something that is so annoying is losing track of time and whoops you forgot to eat

Slept till after noon/lunch time "I'll just eat later" and whoops its like 8 pm and I haven't ate all day causes 'its too much work to cook, I'll just do it later' and it's been like 6 some hours I postponed eating

Putting anything (keys/wallet/phone) anywhere that's not its brain specific spot and it will be lost. Doesn't matter if it's in front of me, if it's not in its spot, my blind eyes can't find it
->lost the same house keys as a kid mulitpe times as a kid cause I kept them in my pocket and every time they got lost in laundry and got locked out
--->no, multipe lock out of the house will not remind me when changing clothe to check but getting it to a muscle memory to ALWAYS check my pockets when moving or changing clothes reminds me daily that yes, I almost threw my keys/phone/wallet in the dirty laundry again

Better ways to fix stuff then anxiety spiking muscle memory rituals that must be completed or so help me, probably but this one so effective

Making 20 some sticky notes all over my work for a time specific reminder so this time I definitely won't forget to do it.... again
--->think I would set an alarm but noooooo, I don't want to make one so 20 plus yellow sticky notes it is and still forget the thing half the time cause time is an illusion

Accidently doing your taxes apparently too early cause I had 1 day the urge to do it and knew if not now it would be like... April 13 so now maybe will have to reduce taxes cause apparently you couldn't do them till February?????

Knowing you should do a thing but don't want to, so you do anything else (clean the house, do taxes apparently too early, cook extra food for the week) so you don't feel guilty not doing it cause your 'busy' as the problem glares at me from the back of my brain

-theoretical but not tested (undiagnosed) cause at this point all issues I feel I forced to be tolerable or manage with habits so why pay to get diagnosed when i dont have any habits that need to be fixed but like it explains sooo much its usually easier to look for solutions threw an adhd lens to manage stuff and explains stuff in an understandable way.
I dabble in way too many different things because of my ADHD I think. I have practiced all sorts of art skills over a bunch of different mediums. I love collecting things but I tend to base it entirely on things I find interesting or cool so my personal collection of trinkets and objects ranges from rocks to fossils to old prints and postcards to books to video games to plushies and action figures of my favorite characters. The media I consume is all over the place too as I love kids games and cartoons for children but you can also catch me playing stuff like Metal Gear Solid lol. I think it's crazy how people will only like one specific thing but at the same time I wish my taste was more unified lol.
I dabble in way too many different things because of my ADHD I think. I have practiced all sorts of art skills over a bunch of different mediums. I love collecting things but I tend to base it entirely on things I find interesting or cool so my personal collection of trinkets and objects ranges from rocks to fossils to old prints and postcards to books to video games to plushies and action figures of my favorite characters. The media I consume is all over the place too as I love kids games and cartoons for children but you can also catch me playing stuff like Metal Gear Solid lol. I think it's crazy how people will only like one specific thing but at the same time I wish my taste was more unified lol.
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
Make to do list.

Forget I made list.

Make list.

Lose list.

Put make list on my list.

Find old list.

Help.
Make to do list.

Forget I made list.

Make list.

Lose list.

Put make list on my list.

Find old list.

Help.
The sad feeling when your cup of tea is finished... t9rE1A9.png
I went to make lunch and somehow ended up wiping down my walls... 30 minutes later after I sat back down my husband came in the room "So what did you decide to eat?" oops
I went to make lunch and somehow ended up wiping down my walls... 30 minutes later after I sat back down my husband came in the room "So what did you decide to eat?" oops
xNuQc4c.png +2 FR time
I sometimes have lapses in my memory where I get an idea of what I want to do next, only to suddenly forget what I wanted to do next and I struggle to remember what it was unless I go through a chain of memories that led up to that idea. That doesn't always work, though.
I sometimes have lapses in my memory where I get an idea of what I want to do next, only to suddenly forget what I wanted to do next and I struggle to remember what it was unless I go through a chain of memories that led up to that idea. That doesn't always work, though.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
[quote name="DraconicMusic" date="2024-02-26 09:44:05" ] I sometimes have lapses in my memory where I get an idea of what I want to do next, only to suddenly forget what I wanted to do next and I struggle to remember what it was unless I go through a chain of memories that led up to that idea. That doesn't always work, though. [/quote] My husband laughs at me because times like the other day, he was saying something then I randomly thought of something to ask him about but forgot because he kept talking. He went through what he was talking about to see if he could trigger it... But "yea, no... it was completely unrelated. That's all I remember."
DraconicMusic wrote on 2024-02-26 09:44:05:

My husband laughs at me because times like the other day, he was saying something then I randomly thought of something to ask him about but forgot because he kept talking. He went through what he was talking about to see if he could trigger it... But "yea, no... it was completely unrelated. That's all I remember."
xNuQc4c.png +2 FR time
1 2 3