Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | daily exalt bonuses change a little late
Daily exalt gene, breed, and color bonuses change like 5-10 minutes after rollover ends. I know it has been this way a long time, but maybe it is supposed to happen during rollover? It would make more sense to happen right as rollover ends. It doesn't affect that much I was just wondering if this was a bug
Daily exalt gene, breed, and color bonuses change like 5-10 minutes after rollover ends. I know it has been this way a long time, but maybe it is supposed to happen during rollover? It would make more sense to happen right as rollover ends. It doesn't affect that much I was just wondering if this was a bug
kjeji39.pngLRZsir9.pngLOwwb1o.pngQy3ikhx.pngbadgeshadowmentor_by_aliena_cordis-dc3un59.gif
@Lissy

It's always changed somewhat after rollover (generally 1-30 minutes) for at least 10 years. The assumption is that it's done this way to prevent people from checking the site during rollover to find out the new bonuses so that they can be searched for as soon as rollover ends.
@Lissy

It's always changed somewhat after rollover (generally 1-30 minutes) for at least 10 years. The assumption is that it's done this way to prevent people from checking the site during rollover to find out the new bonuses so that they can be searched for as soon as rollover ends.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind Why would it be bad to search for the new bonuses right after rollover ends? I guess maybe a problem with many people searching at once? Is that a player only thought or has it been discussed elsewhere? Before I made the post I searched but the only thing I could find that ever mentioned daily exalt bonuses was they were having problems with the servers and had to manually reset the bonuses which meant they changed at wildly different times.

Thanks for your insight c: I knew that it has been like this for as long as I've been on the site, but after receiving pings from other flight forums was fixed, I was wondering if this might be another one of those things that's just accepted since it doesn't matter much and has been around a long time.
@Nightwind Why would it be bad to search for the new bonuses right after rollover ends? I guess maybe a problem with many people searching at once? Is that a player only thought or has it been discussed elsewhere? Before I made the post I searched but the only thing I could find that ever mentioned daily exalt bonuses was they were having problems with the servers and had to manually reset the bonuses which meant they changed at wildly different times.

Thanks for your insight c: I knew that it has been like this for as long as I've been on the site, but after receiving pings from other flight forums was fixed, I was wondering if this might be another one of those things that's just accepted since it doesn't matter much and has been around a long time.
kjeji39.pngLRZsir9.pngLOwwb1o.pngQy3ikhx.pngbadgeshadowmentor_by_aliena_cordis-dc3un59.gif
@Lissy

In the early years? Server load. Rollover is/was meant as a time to do all sorts of manual and automated whatevers without the added pressure of players. That the bonuses still reset after FR's staff said they automated/changed a bunch of things so that nobody needed to be awake at that hour to do things (like starting festivals or the Gathering warnings) means that it's still done that way intentionally. Even now the AH can come to a grinding halt when new breeds come out or the first day of NotN. Imagine if it were every morning.

Therefore, the assumption is that it's to block people camping out in another browser to get a jump on the bonuses is just that--an assumption. I mean, every person on at that hour would have 1 browser grabbing the front page to get the bonuses and then 6 tabs in another browser loaded up with the various bonuses (realm-wide and elemental) set to search as soon as rollover ends.

It could also be server load, issues with hatchlings growing up or something we as players aren't aware of are also possibilities.
@Lissy

In the early years? Server load. Rollover is/was meant as a time to do all sorts of manual and automated whatevers without the added pressure of players. That the bonuses still reset after FR's staff said they automated/changed a bunch of things so that nobody needed to be awake at that hour to do things (like starting festivals or the Gathering warnings) means that it's still done that way intentionally. Even now the AH can come to a grinding halt when new breeds come out or the first day of NotN. Imagine if it were every morning.

Therefore, the assumption is that it's to block people camping out in another browser to get a jump on the bonuses is just that--an assumption. I mean, every person on at that hour would have 1 browser grabbing the front page to get the bonuses and then 6 tabs in another browser loaded up with the various bonuses (realm-wide and elemental) set to search as soon as rollover ends.

It could also be server load, issues with hatchlings growing up or something we as players aren't aware of are also possibilities.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?