Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you see your element’s culture?
1 2 3
What is the culture of your elemental flight, from your perspective?

I’ll go first, for Nature:
We like plants, animals, clean ecosystems, health, life, wellbeing, helping others grow. I personally believe in getting the most benefit of a resource whether it’s for yourself or others. For example, unused nests or Cauldrons, at least rent ‘em out so that the benefit doesn’t go to waste.
What is the culture of your elemental flight, from your perspective?

I’ll go first, for Nature:
We like plants, animals, clean ecosystems, health, life, wellbeing, helping others grow. I personally believe in getting the most benefit of a resource whether it’s for yourself or others. For example, unused nests or Cauldrons, at least rent ‘em out so that the benefit doesn’t go to waste.
Three Nature eggs with pale yellow sprouting tops sitting on a gold-lined leaf bed against a green background. 3XiDjku.pngeVbH4fs.pngBreed Out the Basic
i know a lot of nature's focus is on plant-y things, but i also think nature dragons would keep animals. wildclaws r carnivores so it would make sense for them to harvest meat in an ethical manner, bc that's also part of nature's resources :)

in islam in eid al'adha, lamb meat would be shared between friends and family and neighbors to represent generousity in giving resources, and id like to think nature dragons have a similar celebration. i hc that once a year they'd have a big feast that every dragon is invited to where they share meals made out of the things they harvested
i know a lot of nature's focus is on plant-y things, but i also think nature dragons would keep animals. wildclaws r carnivores so it would make sense for them to harvest meat in an ethical manner, bc that's also part of nature's resources :)

in islam in eid al'adha, lamb meat would be shared between friends and family and neighbors to represent generousity in giving resources, and id like to think nature dragons have a similar celebration. i hc that once a year they'd have a big feast that every dragon is invited to where they share meals made out of the things they harvested
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
@astrojelly THAT’S DARLING! It would make a great written bio story OR a great flight event!
@astrojelly THAT’S DARLING! It would make a great written bio story OR a great flight event!
Three Nature eggs with pale yellow sprouting tops sitting on a gold-lined leaf bed against a green background. 3XiDjku.pngeVbH4fs.pngBreed Out the Basic
arcane is definitely a bunch of chaotic mages/wizards/scholars of some type. some are more orderly than others, but i feel they're all deep down that kind of "maybe this isnt the wisest or most ethical of methods/spells/magic, but i need answers"

studying the stars and the magic present throughout sornieth... and beyond it (forbidden portal)

even the most level-headed and stoic of arcane dragons will most likely be willing to go great lengths to get what they want.
arcane is definitely a bunch of chaotic mages/wizards/scholars of some type. some are more orderly than others, but i feel they're all deep down that kind of "maybe this isnt the wisest or most ethical of methods/spells/magic, but i need answers"

studying the stars and the magic present throughout sornieth... and beyond it (forbidden portal)

even the most level-headed and stoic of arcane dragons will most likely be willing to go great lengths to get what they want.
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | professional fun-haver :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
@Dullanyan thanks so much for that perspective! That definitely adds more variety than my outsider cliches of absent-minded researchers (Owl House Allador) and all-knowing bedrock-solid-morals epicenter of wisdom (Gandalf).
@Dullanyan thanks so much for that perspective! That definitely adds more variety than my outsider cliches of absent-minded researchers (Owl House Allador) and all-knowing bedrock-solid-morals epicenter of wisdom (Gandalf).
@NerdMom np!! ive got arcane dragons of all different personalities and occupations, but i try to make them all united by the fact that they are driven to accomplish what they want, almost to a fault. :}
@NerdMom np!! ive got arcane dragons of all different personalities and occupations, but i try to make them all united by the fact that they are driven to accomplish what they want, almost to a fault. :}
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | professional fun-haver :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
It's not exactly canon-compliant in all ways, but I like to see Plague less as "survival of the fittest" in the pop-bio way it's usually used, and more as a culture of communally supported self-care and self-improvement. Above all else, you must live, and there is no more holy purpose than to care for yourself and ensure your own survival. The central conflict/contrast with Nature comes from the fact that Nature sees themselves as guardians/nurturers of the cycle of life, while Plague views themselves as unwilling participants clawing their way to the top.

And Mirrors are such big pack animals, and Aberrations appear to also hold community and family in very high regard, so I think they're also big on the health/survival of the community! In an environment like the Wasteland, the "fittest" is frequently less so the lone wolf who's a hardened warrior and etc, and more the group with diverse skills and abilities who all have each other to fall back on, watch each other's backs, etc. Plague dragons might be rough around the edges, but they're all together as a team!
It's not exactly canon-compliant in all ways, but I like to see Plague less as "survival of the fittest" in the pop-bio way it's usually used, and more as a culture of communally supported self-care and self-improvement. Above all else, you must live, and there is no more holy purpose than to care for yourself and ensure your own survival. The central conflict/contrast with Nature comes from the fact that Nature sees themselves as guardians/nurturers of the cycle of life, while Plague views themselves as unwilling participants clawing their way to the top.

And Mirrors are such big pack animals, and Aberrations appear to also hold community and family in very high regard, so I think they're also big on the health/survival of the community! In an environment like the Wasteland, the "fittest" is frequently less so the lone wolf who's a hardened warrior and etc, and more the group with diverse skills and abilities who all have each other to fall back on, watch each other's backs, etc. Plague dragons might be rough around the edges, but they're all together as a team!
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
@Dullanyan very cool :3

@Jhortanas aaaaah, yay it’s a reply from Plague! Thanks so much for your head canon!

“Unwilling participants” makes a lot of sense. Ease of life and values/priorities are very different if you and everyone around you grows up in the abundance of a garden/grove or eke out in the barrens.

I don’t have a head canon for a positive spin about deliberately creating viruses either, but your view of Plague as self-defense makes them very sympathetic. That teamwork aspect is also a great insight to share!
@Dullanyan very cool :3

@Jhortanas aaaaah, yay it’s a reply from Plague! Thanks so much for your head canon!

“Unwilling participants” makes a lot of sense. Ease of life and values/priorities are very different if you and everyone around you grows up in the abundance of a garden/grove or eke out in the barrens.

I don’t have a head canon for a positive spin about deliberately creating viruses either, but your view of Plague as self-defense makes them very sympathetic. That teamwork aspect is also a great insight to share!
i always see a punch of silly people from lightning [emoji=sandsurge tongue size=1] fire flight ppl always seemed really intense abt the game to me [emoji=coatl scared size=1] fire flight are canonically... capitalists they started a union, hope that works out for them [emoji=banescale tongue size=1]
i always see a punch of silly people from lightning

fire flight ppl always seemed really intense abt the game to me

fire flight are canonically... capitalists
they started a union, hope that works out for them

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
we are all very distracted and forget we have a Wind forum except when it's time to dom.

I would forget about the discord as well but I never got around to joining it.
we are all very distracted and forget we have a Wind forum except when it's time to dom.

I would forget about the discord as well but I never got around to joining it.
1 2 3