Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Question regarding Roblox accs
So, I've had a Roblox account since 2014, used to play heaps but it's been a few years since I last played now and I'm kinda wanting to get back into it a little, just to see how the site has changed since I last played and check in on my critters in the creature hoarding games I played. Unfortunately, in the few years since I last played they added security key things to all accounts by the look of it, and my account is connected to a very dead email, meaning I can't get whatever they made mine and log in ^^'

Does anybody know if it's possible to recover an account connected to a dead email? And if so, what would I need to do to get it back and connected up to my current email?

Sorry that this is such an odd question! I'd ask Reddit but. I don't have a Reddit account and honestly don't really want to make one. I know the community here can be really helpful, though, so I figured I'd have a go asking here. Ty in advance for any help given! It's very much appreciated ^^

EDIT: ok I have no idea what happened but. it looks like they fixed the stupid 2-step verification thing because I just tried to log into my account (forgot to mention the last time I'd attempted to log in was a few months ago, I'm kinda scared of making support tickets though ((due to not knowing how to go about writing them + fear of sounding like a moron)) so I didn't make one at the time) and I'm back into it! Time to go spend an hour staring at my dragons in Dragon Adventures and turn my avatar into Vergil DMC lol
So, I've had a Roblox account since 2014, used to play heaps but it's been a few years since I last played now and I'm kinda wanting to get back into it a little, just to see how the site has changed since I last played and check in on my critters in the creature hoarding games I played. Unfortunately, in the few years since I last played they added security key things to all accounts by the look of it, and my account is connected to a very dead email, meaning I can't get whatever they made mine and log in ^^'

Does anybody know if it's possible to recover an account connected to a dead email? And if so, what would I need to do to get it back and connected up to my current email?

Sorry that this is such an odd question! I'd ask Reddit but. I don't have a Reddit account and honestly don't really want to make one. I know the community here can be really helpful, though, so I figured I'd have a go asking here. Ty in advance for any help given! It's very much appreciated ^^

EDIT: ok I have no idea what happened but. it looks like they fixed the stupid 2-step verification thing because I just tried to log into my account (forgot to mention the last time I'd attempted to log in was a few months ago, I'm kinda scared of making support tickets though ((due to not knowing how to go about writing them + fear of sounding like a moron)) so I didn't make one at the time) and I'm back into it! Time to go spend an hour staring at my dragons in Dragon Adventures and turn my avatar into Vergil DMC lol
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
I've tried Roblox customer support in a situation like this to try and recover an account from 2008 that got bogged down by security keys. Very unhelpful, wouldn't recommend. They basically said they needed access to the email in order to prove the account was mine. Y'know, the account I couldn't even access. So that account's basically dead now (luckily that isn't my only account, but it was my first, and I really wanted it back) So, unfortunately, I think your account may be in the same situation here... I'm not sure if they'll accept anything else as proof of account ownership, because I'd rather not try using support again [emoji=skull size=1]
I've tried Roblox customer support in a situation like this to try and recover an account from 2008 that got bogged down by security keys. Very unhelpful, wouldn't recommend.

They basically said they needed access to the email in order to prove the account was mine. Y'know, the account I couldn't even access. So that account's basically dead now (luckily that isn't my only account, but it was my first, and I really wanted it back)

So, unfortunately, I think your account may be in the same situation here... I'm not sure if they'll accept anything else as proof of account ownership, because I'd rather not try using support again
9s8wmF5.png z6OgJbN.png
iuEBSJ3.png
OETsgJU.png
Pgv53XB.png
2VtxnMX.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
cdqdRxL.png
ll0CfnD.png
3M48cU6.png
image.png
oNrZjs5.png
8GgdVkW.png
image.png
PQqYbln.png
gP8rZcU.png Note for forum games: I have dragons in both my main den and hibernal den!
@Maushold

Ahhh darn, ty for the info and sorry to hear you lost an old account to the security key rollout as well ^^' you'd think support would get that on a site that's been running for so long there's bound to be accounts with inaccessible emails attached to them but I guess not :/
@Maushold

Ahhh darn, ty for the info and sorry to hear you lost an old account to the security key rollout as well ^^' you'd think support would get that on a site that's been running for so long there's bound to be accounts with inaccessible emails attached to them but I guess not :/
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
i had a similar issue. i had to clear my cache/browser history and it kicked me out of my account and started asking me for two step verification stuff, but the emails would never be sent to my email which apparently was tied to a dead email. not only that but the alternative login options were useless and i was locked out of my account for at least two weeks. regardless it was some issue with the email the account was connected to.

i emailed their customer support and initially they were unhelpful but once i started getting spicy and telling them about how much money i’ve spent on roblox since 2010 and how i didn’t want to be locked out for such a nonissue reason, suddenly they put everything under review, manually changed my account email to the one i provided, and unlocked my account without the 2SV. not that i encourage people tapping into their inner karen, but that might be an option to try and get them to cooperate? lol
i had a similar issue. i had to clear my cache/browser history and it kicked me out of my account and started asking me for two step verification stuff, but the emails would never be sent to my email which apparently was tied to a dead email. not only that but the alternative login options were useless and i was locked out of my account for at least two weeks. regardless it was some issue with the email the account was connected to.

i emailed their customer support and initially they were unhelpful but once i started getting spicy and telling them about how much money i’ve spent on roblox since 2010 and how i didn’t want to be locked out for such a nonissue reason, suddenly they put everything under review, manually changed my account email to the one i provided, and unlocked my account without the 2SV. not that i encourage people tapping into their inner karen, but that might be an option to try and get them to cooperate? lol
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
@Negative

Ohhh that might work then :0 I had builders club (ik it's called premium now but my brain refuses to acknowledge that) for years until I cancelled it the last time I logged in. Not sure how good of a Karen I'll be able to be but I'll definitely give it a go! Ty for the tip!
@Negative

Ohhh that might work then :0 I had builders club (ik it's called premium now but my brain refuses to acknowledge that) for years until I cancelled it the last time I logged in. Not sure how good of a Karen I'll be able to be but I'll definitely give it a go! Ty for the tip!
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
hopefully it works. good luck getting back into your account!
hopefully it works. good luck getting back into your account!
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
@Negative

Ty! Something seemed to have changed since I last attempted to log in, since I tried to log in one more time this morning and I got into my account without having to submit the support ticket :D
@Negative

Ty! Something seemed to have changed since I last attempted to log in, since I tried to log in one more time this morning and I got into my account without having to submit the support ticket :D
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
only semirelated but i remember being so mad when i logged onto dragon adventures for the first time in several months and found my huge revival crystal farm was deleted with zero compensation that i quit
i had a first gen neon mother dragon too
only semirelated but i remember being so mad when i logged onto dragon adventures for the first time in several months and found my huge revival crystal farm was deleted with zero compensation that i quit
i had a first gen neon mother dragon too
eNC9ZRF.jpeg