Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Arlo Needs a SERIOUS Rework
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I also wish there was a LARGER amount of research notes that can be sent. Idk I have over 800 right now and I can't USE them. I wish you could at least use some on your own digsites (with limits ofc) but it is deeply frustrating.

Sharing notes was fun at first... but it's just so tedious now, I hate it.

I'd be happy with sharing 9 at a time rather than three. As... other members have mentioned I think I'd like a personal dig team! Also the stacking of items does sound pretty cool!

I think to work within a reasonable limit, maybe something like 3 items at a time? Just so users don't breeze through everything.
I also wish there was a LARGER amount of research notes that can be sent. Idk I have over 800 right now and I can't USE them. I wish you could at least use some on your own digsites (with limits ofc) but it is deeply frustrating.

Sharing notes was fun at first... but it's just so tedious now, I hate it.

I'd be happy with sharing 9 at a time rather than three. As... other members have mentioned I think I'd like a personal dig team! Also the stacking of items does sound pretty cool!

I think to work within a reasonable limit, maybe something like 3 items at a time? Just so users don't breeze through everything.
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
I wouldn't care about the scrolling part if I could stack like, 6 magnifying glasses at once. Maybe three pickaxes at once? Not sure what the amount of those stackable should be.
I wouldn't care about the scrolling part if I could stack like, 6 magnifying glasses at once. Maybe three pickaxes at once? Not sure what the amount of those stackable should be.
JGnDE4d.gif
what RugaQwarrcall said!!
what RugaQwarrcall said!!
2X0RXVH.png
cant we at least transfer our resources somehow like the research notes
friend a newbie and go "here" and they get 25 picks and glasses
limit it if youre scared of newbs streaming through the digsites too quickly(although, the 10-15 is more effective a limiter, hence the thread!)
cant we at least transfer our resources somehow like the research notes
friend a newbie and go "here" and they get 25 picks and glasses
limit it if youre scared of newbs streaming through the digsites too quickly(although, the 10-15 is more effective a limiter, hence the thread!)

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
support
support
IxetaBl.pngPcIGNKw.pngbprUbRF.png
OeRHGjw.png
as someone with over 2,000 of both pickaxes and magnifying glasses, yeah please. i also understand they want us to keep returning to the page for refreshes, obviously, but this absolutely falls into the same category as baldwin in the 'let me queue up a stack of x amount'

i think for magnifying glasses in particular, it should only allow you to target one plot, not keep going after that. especially considering arlo by default requires you to collect the plot once it's completely uncovered. so a magnifying queue uncovers the whole plot, then you get pinged to collect it and can queue again. but even so, that would reduce the amount of back and forth.

magnifiers are ten minutes. to uncover a gene plot of 50 tiles, that's 8 and a half hours. that's a LOT of coming back. and yeah i get they want it to be a slower thing, but consider: you put a baldwin gene on overnight anyway, so why not let us queue up an arlo gene overnight in the same way?

with pickaxes you could perhaps limit the number allowed to be queued up. with 50 being the biggest plot you can have, maybe they can only queue up 10 pickaxes at a time. you're not going to uncover a single plot that way, but you do still get 50 tiles uncovered and that's two and a half hours, which is still pretty nice.

regardless, i enjoy this suggestion. i know it's a Working Adult Problem™ but i never get to do arlo except when i'm on holidays lmao. it was half term this week and i had a great time getting genes for the first time in months. it'd be really nice to be able to do more of it. c':
as someone with over 2,000 of both pickaxes and magnifying glasses, yeah please. i also understand they want us to keep returning to the page for refreshes, obviously, but this absolutely falls into the same category as baldwin in the 'let me queue up a stack of x amount'

i think for magnifying glasses in particular, it should only allow you to target one plot, not keep going after that. especially considering arlo by default requires you to collect the plot once it's completely uncovered. so a magnifying queue uncovers the whole plot, then you get pinged to collect it and can queue again. but even so, that would reduce the amount of back and forth.

magnifiers are ten minutes. to uncover a gene plot of 50 tiles, that's 8 and a half hours. that's a LOT of coming back. and yeah i get they want it to be a slower thing, but consider: you put a baldwin gene on overnight anyway, so why not let us queue up an arlo gene overnight in the same way?

with pickaxes you could perhaps limit the number allowed to be queued up. with 50 being the biggest plot you can have, maybe they can only queue up 10 pickaxes at a time. you're not going to uncover a single plot that way, but you do still get 50 tiles uncovered and that's two and a half hours, which is still pretty nice.

regardless, i enjoy this suggestion. i know it's a Working Adult Problem™ but i never get to do arlo except when i'm on holidays lmao. it was half term this week and i had a great time getting genes for the first time in months. it'd be really nice to be able to do more of it. c':
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
me, my 629 pickaxes and my 1840 magnifying glass would like to support

me, my 629 pickaxes and my 1840 magnifying glass would like to support

66672686_aRYLhgjb41XJEVa.png
...this is one of these instances where I'm reminded that I have a lot of luck with available time and bandwidth; so far succeeded to use up all the tools I got. But obviously that's not the case for everyone, a revamp would be really good. Full support! [quote name="Drudenkreuz" date="2023-12-24 21:09:28" ] Suggestion: maybe in the way that you have a coliseum team, you could also assign a "dig team" [/quote] That sounds awesome! Not just for the mechanics, but this is a great lore opportunity!
...this is one of these instances where I'm reminded that I have a lot of luck with available time and bandwidth; so far succeeded to use up all the tools I got. But obviously that's not the case for everyone, a revamp would be really good. Full support!
Drudenkreuz wrote on 2023-12-24 21:09:28:
Suggestion: maybe in the way that you have a coliseum team, you could also assign a "dig team"
That sounds awesome! Not just for the mechanics, but this is a great lore opportunity!
FR+9h, Germany, she/her
I wholeheartedly support this.

Arlo's pretty tedious at the moment, to the point where I don't even bother using it as a feature.

The constant notifications are one of the worst parts about it, tbh.
I wholeheartedly support this.

Arlo's pretty tedious at the moment, to the point where I don't even bother using it as a feature.

The constant notifications are one of the worst parts about it, tbh.
rsz-2img-1151.png
[quote name="Dragonqueen1215" date="2024-01-01 10:53:53" ] Honestly probably the easy way out, but I would just love a idea to lock plots you've already completed so you're not redoing them when using the pickaxe [/quote] This is exactly the sort of update to Arlo that I would love. If I am forced to collect completed plots at the time of completion, let me lock them. I'm not even thinking about reworking anything until I get everything done first. The magnifying glass is an enormous time sink I am somewhat unable to invest regularly in (even ignoring the tedium of one at a time). The addition of more zones to previously completed dig sites has highlighted this immensely in recent times.
Dragonqueen1215 wrote on 2024-01-01 10:53:53:
Honestly probably the easy way out, but I would just love a idea to lock plots you've already completed so you're not redoing them when using the pickaxe
This is exactly the sort of update to Arlo that I would love. If I am forced to collect completed plots at the time of completion, let me lock them. I'm not even thinking about reworking anything until I get everything done first.
The magnifying glass is an enormous time sink I am somewhat unable to invest regularly in (even ignoring the tedium of one at a time). The addition of more zones to previously completed dig sites has highlighted this immensely in recent times.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10