Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Re-work Tidal Trouble payout!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Another thing that I think could or even should be used to bump up the treasure payout is how long it takes you to solve a puzzle. If I solve a puzzle in 10-15 seconds because I've got good aim and can hit those difficult shots, I should get a better payout than if it takes me hours to beat it. Otherwise, what's the point of the timer on the puzzle? It just serves as an arbitrary marker. But definitely yes to TT paying out more per puzzle, especially as you get through puzzles without a game over (IE build up points/score).
Another thing that I think could or even should be used to bump up the treasure payout is how long it takes you to solve a puzzle. If I solve a puzzle in 10-15 seconds because I've got good aim and can hit those difficult shots, I should get a better payout than if it takes me hours to beat it. Otherwise, what's the point of the timer on the puzzle? It just serves as an arbitrary marker. But definitely yes to TT paying out more per puzzle, especially as you get through puzzles without a game over (IE build up points/score).
@Serja
That was another thing that bugs me. The timer and score are completely useless, I want them to have a point. I want the FG to be a viable treasure making option, I'm tired of feeling like wasting my time by doing anything on there.

TT is just the worst offender, I just want the admins to get over their fear of higher pay out since there is already a treasure cap in place!
@Serja
That was another thing that bugs me. The timer and score are completely useless, I want them to have a point. I want the FG to be a viable treasure making option, I'm tired of feeling like wasting my time by doing anything on there.

TT is just the worst offender, I just want the admins to get over their fear of higher pay out since there is already a treasure cap in place!
30nhk3n.pngzvrigi.jpg30nhk3n.png
support

the other games just arent that appealing
support

the other games just arent that appealing
Support D:
Support D:
full.png full.png
Support. Refkins back on page 2 really hit all my issues with TT in particular and the FG in general.
Support. Refkins back on page 2 really hit all my issues with TT in particular and the FG in general.
support!
support!
krrmwAk.png
No support.

I personally find Tidal Trouble to be the best Fairgrounds game in terms of the treasure-to-tediousness ratio. It offers a variable challenge due to the user-submitted puzzles. I find it to be well-balanced, or at least balanced in my favour, since I can earn 2k in three minutes if I concentrate, and the game doesn't penalise me if I multitask. One bit of concentration equals one bit of cash-ching.

Getting to finish a puzzle earlier and thus getting the payout earlier is actually a bonus for being quick, in itself. If you need more treasure, this means that you can start the next puzzle earlier, or that you reach the cap earlier and can go to the Coli or whatever floats your boat this much earlier. If you just want out, you can grab an ice cream earlier after getting that lair expansion. So I don't think this needs anything additional.

I always thought that the treasure payout of a TT puzzle was calculated by the percentage of people completing it, but it might be average points received or something mod-assigned, I don't know.

There was someone who gathered stats on Shock Switch and found the treasure payouts to be perfectly correlated with score, and the slopes to depend on the difficulty. I agree that it would be more lucrative to play on Easy because earning points is still so much easier, but it also gets old that much faster than Very Hard, at least for me. Actually, that might be a bit off, having to resort to boredom to gather moneys.

Thus I hope for more Fairgrounds activities! These have already gotten old after two months, but I'm impatient.

If anything would need its treasure payout rectified, I would humbly suggest Jigsaw :)
No support.

I personally find Tidal Trouble to be the best Fairgrounds game in terms of the treasure-to-tediousness ratio. It offers a variable challenge due to the user-submitted puzzles. I find it to be well-balanced, or at least balanced in my favour, since I can earn 2k in three minutes if I concentrate, and the game doesn't penalise me if I multitask. One bit of concentration equals one bit of cash-ching.

Getting to finish a puzzle earlier and thus getting the payout earlier is actually a bonus for being quick, in itself. If you need more treasure, this means that you can start the next puzzle earlier, or that you reach the cap earlier and can go to the Coli or whatever floats your boat this much earlier. If you just want out, you can grab an ice cream earlier after getting that lair expansion. So I don't think this needs anything additional.

I always thought that the treasure payout of a TT puzzle was calculated by the percentage of people completing it, but it might be average points received or something mod-assigned, I don't know.

There was someone who gathered stats on Shock Switch and found the treasure payouts to be perfectly correlated with score, and the slopes to depend on the difficulty. I agree that it would be more lucrative to play on Easy because earning points is still so much easier, but it also gets old that much faster than Very Hard, at least for me. Actually, that might be a bit off, having to resort to boredom to gather moneys.

Thus I hope for more Fairgrounds activities! These have already gotten old after two months, but I'm impatient.

If anything would need its treasure payout rectified, I would humbly suggest Jigsaw :)
If you think other games need updates than maybe address them in another suggestion? I'm finding a lot of the 'no supports' are simply because people think other games need it more. I don't agree but that is something you can address if you wish!
If you think other games need updates than maybe address them in another suggestion? I'm finding a lot of the 'no supports' are simply because people think other games need it more. I don't agree but that is something you can address if you wish!
30nhk3n.pngzvrigi.jpg30nhk3n.png
[quote name="LynMars" date="2014-07-31 06:41:15"][quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-07-30 22:52:18"]IMO, everything but Shock Switch pays to low. [quote]There is already a treasure cap, you can't earn more than 75k a day, so why does it matter how /fast/ someone earns their cap? It isn't affecting anything, since there is already a cap, it isn't going to pump endless treasure or anything[/quote] Agreed.[/quote][/quote]
LynMars wrote on 2014-07-31 06:41:15:
gemajgall wrote on 2014-07-30 22:52:18:
IMO, everything but Shock Switch pays to low.
Quote:
There is already a treasure cap, you can't earn more than 75k a day, so why does it matter how /fast/ someone earns their cap? It isn't affecting anything, since there is already a cap, it isn't going to pump endless treasure or anything

Agreed.
guilty_crown_signature_by_cherish_romance-d5eccy3.png
*remembers when easy puzzles gave out 10000 treasure per game* Why didn't I play more of those?

Actually I don't think I want it to be necessarily that easy ever again. But right now its a bit too tedious to earn money. But an increased pay out would be nice. course maybe that's because I was spoiled in the beginning but whatever. I still find tidal trouble to be the quickest way to earn money though.

Support so long as as we don't end up with the easy easy puzzles again.
*remembers when easy puzzles gave out 10000 treasure per game* Why didn't I play more of those?

Actually I don't think I want it to be necessarily that easy ever again. But right now its a bit too tedious to earn money. But an increased pay out would be nice. course maybe that's because I was spoiled in the beginning but whatever. I still find tidal trouble to be the quickest way to earn money though.

Support so long as as we don't end up with the easy easy puzzles again.
tumblr_n6xkeuWqvA1sl6hkto1_r1_500.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7