Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [VAL 2024] Sew Cute! - finished
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future? Far too many! I crochet as a hobby business alongside my day job, but I also enjoy dabbling in cross stitch, resin, sewing, loom weaving, card weaving, macrame, beading, and occasionally candle making. A favourite project from recent is this little guy! It was a free dragon pattern on YouTube and I’ve got another few partially made at the moment. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Lr6b18f.jpg[/img] One of my goals this year is to learn to work with clay!
Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting?
If so, what was your favourite project to work on?
If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?

Far too many!
I crochet as a hobby business alongside my day job, but I also enjoy dabbling in cross stitch, resin, sewing, loom weaving, card weaving, macrame, beading, and occasionally candle making.
A favourite project from recent is this little guy! It was a free dragon pattern on YouTube and I’ve got another few partially made at the moment.
Lr6b18f.jpg
One of my goals this year is to learn to work with clay!
SbvRDbG.gif53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpg
Quote:

Yeah! I'm a big cross-stitcher, and occasionally dabble in embroidery and hand sewing. I can knit and crochet, but I haven't in years! I also wanna tackle machine sewing this year and finally master sewing things that aren't just straight lines, lol.

Also this event is so stinking cute, I can't wait to mess around and make a little dragon and mith!
Quote:

Yeah! I'm a big cross-stitcher, and occasionally dabble in embroidery and hand sewing. I can knit and crochet, but I haven't in years! I also wanna tackle machine sewing this year and finally master sewing things that aren't just straight lines, lol.

Also this event is so stinking cute, I can't wait to mess around and make a little dragon and mith!
C66xQI2.png

Nope! I tried learning how to crochet from a friend of mine, but failed pretty miserably haha! I'm definitely gonna try again in the future though!! I really would like to make my own little octopus keychain like the 2 i bought at a little fair :D!! I'll definitely try crocheting and learning how to sew would be awesome!

This event looks really adorable and if I've got time I'm definitely gonna try and make a little dragon fella,,,,

Nope! I tried learning how to crochet from a friend of mine, but failed pretty miserably haha! I'm definitely gonna try again in the future though!! I really would like to make my own little octopus keychain like the 2 i bought at a little fair :D!! I'll definitely try crocheting and learning how to sew would be awesome!

This event looks really adorable and if I've got time I'm definitely gonna try and make a little dragon fella,,,,
z3ouQq5.gif
fr+0
he/they
wishlist
[quote=#1 - Feb 4th]Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?[/quote] I do so many crafty hobbies! Stained Glass is my current favorite (Don't tell the other crafts) but I also sew (SO excited to make a mith!) for both Cosplay and Lolita fashion and do Chainmaille and Scalemaille on the side. I love getting into a little bit of everything! I've never vibed with fiber arts like knitting or crochet though. My favorite stained project? I think it's still one of my first! A fall leaf in amber glass. It's hanging in the kitchen! My favorite cosplay is probably the set I made for my partner and I of a White Mage and Black Mage from Final Fantasy Tactics. :) [img]https://i.imgur.com/aHTvvZ7.jpeg[/img]
#1 - Feb 4th wrote:

I do so many crafty hobbies! Stained Glass is my current favorite (Don't tell the other crafts) but I also sew (SO excited to make a mith!) for both Cosplay and Lolita fashion and do Chainmaille and Scalemaille on the side. I love getting into a little bit of everything! I've never vibed with fiber arts like knitting or crochet though.

My favorite stained project? I think it's still one of my first! A fall leaf in amber glass. It's hanging in the kitchen! My favorite cosplay is probably the set I made for my partner and I of a White Mage and Black Mage from Final Fantasy Tactics. :)

aHTvvZ7.jpeg
I love my lumpy little guy so much :D! Even though he was so hard to turn, since my felt was too thick, lol. My bad for trying to cram the pattern on my fabric scraps. I actually ended up stuffing him with more scraps, so this turned out to be a great zero waste project. [img]https://i.imgur.com/vHb77Lh.jpeg[/img] Also @Blitzanger I LOVE the stained glass, that's so cool! Totally not adding that to my never ending list of hobbies, lol.
I love my lumpy little guy so much :D! Even though he was so hard to turn, since my felt was too thick, lol. My bad for trying to cram the pattern on my fabric scraps. I actually ended up stuffing him with more scraps, so this turned out to be a great zero waste project.

vHb77Lh.jpeg

Also @Blitzanger I LOVE the stained glass, that's so cool! Totally not adding that to my never ending list of hobbies, lol.
C66xQI2.png
Quote:

Knitting, crocheting, origami, I used to cross-stitch too. I tend to change focus on what I do a lot, so currently I'm actually maining painting ^^'.
Crochet poncho, it weights a ton but is surprisingly somewhat comforting to wear.
Quote:

Knitting, crocheting, origami, I used to cross-stitch too. I tend to change focus on what I do a lot, so currently I'm actually maining painting ^^'.
Crochet poncho, it weights a ton but is surprisingly somewhat comforting to wear.
A picture of a mutant bird. It's desaturated green with octopus tentacles instead of a beak, bat-like wings and tail. Looks omnious.A terracotta pot with some cindershrooms growing in it and tall, red flowers. In front of the pot, slightly on the right, there is a pile of orange and black stones.A terracotta pot with an oak tree bonsai in autumn.A gif of a specimen of the bird species Cyanistes caeruleus lying on its back. It holds a candycane in its feet and licks it every few seconds.
[quote=#1 | Feb 4]Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try in the future?[/quote] I’ve been a costumer in the past. I started sewing as a kid, to make clothes for my Barbie. XD I sew, knit, appliqué, embroider, macrame, collage, and make jewelry. I also make art with gourds, and I’m a beginning painter. My favorite project was a large round gourd — think beach ball size; bigger than a basketball — I used wood burning tools to decorate it with ancient horse petroglyphs. I would love to be a milliner :) This year, my goal is to return to small hand sewing projects, so this event is perfect!!
#1 | Feb 4 wrote:
If not, do you think you’ll try in the future?

I’ve been a costumer in the past. I started sewing as a kid, to make clothes for my Barbie. XD

I sew, knit, appliqué, embroider, macrame, collage, and make jewelry. I also make art with gourds, and I’m a beginning painter.

My favorite project was a large round gourd — think beach ball size; bigger than a basketball — I used wood burning tools to decorate it with ancient horse petroglyphs.

I would love to be a milliner :)

This year, my goal is to return to small hand sewing projects, so this event is perfect!!
Quote:

Yeah :) I've done cross-stitching, painting, general crafting, those diamond painting things, and I generally do digital art-
Last year I sewed an entire bat plush for a friend! It was really fun and even tho my grandma helped me with the hardest part, it was really nice :)
I'd love to do crochet but it seems to be really not the way to do with my really bad arthritis :( but I wanna get back into painting, especially watercolors :)
Quote:

Yeah :) I've done cross-stitching, painting, general crafting, those diamond painting things, and I generally do digital art-
Last year I sewed an entire bat plush for a friend! It was really fun and even tho my grandma helped me with the hardest part, it was really nice :)
I'd love to do crochet but it seems to be really not the way to do with my really bad arthritis :( but I wanna get back into painting, especially watercolors :)
[quote name="Cordially" date="2024-02-04 14:41:17" ] [quote=#1 | Feb 4]Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?[/quote] [/quote][/quote] Ironically I'm answering this a day late, and showed a photo of my work a day early, but yes, I quite like to crochet, although I confess I haven't done any for a while (cos I have got stuck on a large cardi project). I have done a little knitting, but I much prefer crochet. And I also haven't made my own clothes in ages, but still have a sewing machine and a suitcase of fabrics... And I know it's not on the list, but I also enjoy cooking / baking. Not technically crafty, but there can still be a creative element to it! I am, however, completely unable to draw!
Cordially wrote on 2024-02-04 14:41:17:
#1 | Feb 4 wrote:
[/quote]

Ironically I'm answering this a day late, and showed a photo of my work a day early, but yes, I quite like to crochet, although I confess I haven't done any for a while (cos I have got stuck on a large cardi project).

I have done a little knitting, but I much prefer crochet. And I also haven't made my own clothes in ages, but still have a sewing machine and a suitcase of fabrics...

And I know it's not on the list, but I also enjoy cooking / baking. Not technically crafty, but there can still be a creative element to it!

I am, however, completely unable to draw!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Cordially [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1058282334643830854/1204083812980625459/IMG_2655.jpg[/img] I have done one friend :) It's the second plush i ever sew and the first one I ever do all by myself !!! I had a little trouble turning the tail all the way (I managed to do it after taking the picture) I don't quite know why- my grandma advised me to clip the allowance before flipping next time- Which I will definitely do :) I'd love to sew another friend, this was so!!!! fun!!!!!!
@Cordially
IMG_2655.jpg
I have done one friend :) It's the second plush i ever sew and the first one I ever do all by myself !!!
I had a little trouble turning the tail all the way (I managed to do it after taking the picture) I don't quite know why- my grandma advised me to clip the allowance before flipping next time- Which I will definitely do :) I'd love to sew another friend, this was so!!!! fun!!!!!!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31