Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What inspired your broadcast message?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19
a have a critter in palworld that i named PHILLY CHEESE STEAK all caps and anytime i'm getting shot at i just scream "save me philly cheese steak" or "go philly cheese steak"

edited because i cant spell
a have a critter in palworld that i named PHILLY CHEESE STEAK all caps and anytime i'm getting shot at i just scream "save me philly cheese steak" or "go philly cheese steak"

edited because i cant spell

nfZCrZ4.png
I dont mind being pinged!
looks one way, looks the other. It's one of my favorite lines from the game OMORI. Here's the full dialogue cause I adore it so much:

"Look at all of us... These are all of our memories together... They're a little sad now... but we should be happy they happened at all... Let's make some new memories together, okay?"

The line gets me every time and it's something I think about a lot. It's very inspirational to me.
looks one way, looks the other. It's one of my favorite lines from the game OMORI. Here's the full dialogue cause I adore it so much:

"Look at all of us... These are all of our memories together... They're a little sad now... but we should be happy they happened at all... Let's make some new memories together, okay?"

The line gets me every time and it's something I think about a lot. It's very inspirational to me.
I hoard:
Nocturne Puppet
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mono - He/They - 20
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhy do Love and Hate sound
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.just the same to me?

xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxx.FR Time +2 | PING IF QUOTING/REPLYING !
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLore
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWishlist
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxArt Shop
[quote name="Capian" date="2024-01-25 19:52:58" ] It's based on a tragedy that has happened to me recently. [/quote] I misread your message as "Yesterday, I lost my husband" and I am very glad that is not what happened [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
Capian wrote on 2024-01-25 19:52:58:
It's based on a tragedy that has happened to me recently.
I misread your message as "Yesterday, I lost my husband" and I am very glad that is not what happened
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
@Neutron
I did - though it took a few tries, and about a dozen more after that! And then on my last attempt, it took about two months to get through it because sometimes ??? and leaving it for another day was the best response.

The individual sentences are so filled with references to everything else - bible verses, different languages, and old colloquialisms that it can be tough to know what's actually being said. Ulysses is much more coherent in comparison, though can still be tough to parse. It took me forever to get used to the dialogue starting with an em dashes!
@Neutron
I did - though it took a few tries, and about a dozen more after that! And then on my last attempt, it took about two months to get through it because sometimes ??? and leaving it for another day was the best response.

The individual sentences are so filled with references to everything else - bible verses, different languages, and old colloquialisms that it can be tough to know what's actually being said. Ulysses is much more coherent in comparison, though can still be tough to parse. It took me forever to get used to the dialogue starting with an em dashes!
Because you don't need a reason to help someone.
Because you don't need a reason to help someone.
"You don't need a reason to help someone "
~Zidane Tribal
@Azuriten

haha the ??? is so real. that's super impressive—I mean, it took me about a month and a half to get through Crime and Punishment (even though it's actually understandable) because I couldn't quite digest it on the first go. good to hear that Ulysses loves its em dashes—you can probably tell I do too ;)

any tips for reading Joyce or books like this in general? I read a couple stories from Dubliners—notably, "The Dead"—and I know they're nothing like his stream-of-consciousness works, but he's definitely a writer I enjoy so far.
@Azuriten

haha the ??? is so real. that's super impressive—I mean, it took me about a month and a half to get through Crime and Punishment (even though it's actually understandable) because I couldn't quite digest it on the first go. good to hear that Ulysses loves its em dashes—you can probably tell I do too ;)

any tips for reading Joyce or books like this in general? I read a couple stories from Dubliners—notably, "The Dead"—and I know they're nothing like his stream-of-consciousness works, but he's definitely a writer I enjoy so far.
07439048a79a7109f086908a9717179d64a1fcbd.png b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png bc9c8507869f3113339dc451b11e787a3cdce193.png ujEmykl.png
JvUa9ma.png
YMPbu9R.png
I honestly made mine during my first semester of college finals and then never changed it because I find it funny
I honestly made mine during my first semester of college finals and then never changed it because I find it funny
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.png YMPbu9R.png
xrdZoYH.png
JvUa9ma.png
ezgif-5-9b69e47345.gif
cad042ddebdc2b51618751c6d7cb0b90afb62ff4.png
@Neutron
Personally I found Dostoevsky quite difficult to read if I wasn't totally focused. Like his constant adding-to of yet more details, in more parenthesis and the use of these sweeping, complex sentences that would go on forever - only to end in dialogue. Eep. Quite difficult to keep focus on some times.

He does love to paint a picture. A very depressing picture usually. I am very fond of 'The Lady with the Dog' though despite the usual downer.

Hmmm, maybe try some of Joyce's poetry? I read his poems first well before any of his longer pieces, ('Alone' being one of my favorites, even if it's super short but it's so vivid) maybe it would help to tap into that lyrical way he writes.

His poems are like little snap shots of what it's like sometimes for reading the larger stuff - a lot of pausing, wondering what he really means by that and moving on again once you think you've got an idea and coming back again later if it doesn't quite work.

@Neutron
Personally I found Dostoevsky quite difficult to read if I wasn't totally focused. Like his constant adding-to of yet more details, in more parenthesis and the use of these sweeping, complex sentences that would go on forever - only to end in dialogue. Eep. Quite difficult to keep focus on some times.

He does love to paint a picture. A very depressing picture usually. I am very fond of 'The Lady with the Dog' though despite the usual downer.

Hmmm, maybe try some of Joyce's poetry? I read his poems first well before any of his longer pieces, ('Alone' being one of my favorites, even if it's super short but it's so vivid) maybe it would help to tap into that lyrical way he writes.

His poems are like little snap shots of what it's like sometimes for reading the larger stuff - a lot of pausing, wondering what he really means by that and moving on again once you think you've got an idea and coming back again later if it doesn't quite work.

In my head I am playing that elevator scene from Trigun Stampede over and over...

God I need to read fanfiction.
In my head I am playing that elevator scene from Trigun Stampede over and over...

God I need to read fanfiction.
Cursed Die
Hi, I'm Steffon.

Saving up: 1,830/7,000 G
- 11 * (530 - 250) = 3,080 G
- Accent Blueprint (10) + Accent Blueprint = 3,500 G
Projects
God-Emperor
Taran's wondrous figurines
Hestia's brood
Guild Wars 2 fandragons
gMDuKVs.png
JHqnR5C.png
oxDm2Un.png
mjtJ868.png
5hF3FGk.png
Mine is a quote from the book I loved as a teenager. It is on fantasy language, translated as "There is only the sky above us".
Mine is a quote from the book I loved as a teenager. It is on fantasy language, translated as "There is only the sky above us".
Pretty Gen1 for sale
Already on AH!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19