Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Unwanted FR habits
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Cuivienen" date="2024-01-23 11:09:24" ] [quote name="colorscapes" date="2024-01-22 07:54:58" ] i go onto forums, check threads, decide to not post and leave, 2 minutes later i go onto forums again to -again- do absolutely nothing about it and leave, but then i go onto forums AGAIN- it's like checking the refrigerator over and over again. it's the same food, you're not gonna get anything, but staring at it is nice i guess [/quote] I'm so glad it's not just me! [/quote] This is actually what I'm doing right this moment
Cuivienen wrote on 2024-01-23 11:09:24:
colorscapes wrote on 2024-01-22 07:54:58:
i go onto forums, check threads, decide to not post and leave, 2 minutes later i go onto forums again to -again- do absolutely nothing about it and leave, but then i go onto forums AGAIN-

it's like checking the refrigerator over and over again. it's the same food, you're not gonna get anything, but staring at it is nice i guess
I'm so glad it's not just me!

This is actually what I'm doing right this moment
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
I forget about everything. Not even kidding. PA? What PA? And a CR?? Didn't know about that. UMA I hopped on the preorder list? I did that??

And the inevitable scrolling through forums. And then giving up and going back to Last Post Wins V2 ;-;
I forget about everything. Not even kidding. PA? What PA? And a CR?? Didn't know about that. UMA I hopped on the preorder list? I did that??

And the inevitable scrolling through forums. And then giving up and going back to Last Post Wins V2 ;-;
i6v47.gif ART SHOP! | Fandragons! | Wishlistjmmdg.gif1MhDR.gifV8rfN.gifMroYj.gifexWWM.gif
[quote name="Quebeal" date="2024-01-23 18:23:29" ] my bad habit is knowing i lowkey actively do not want new dragon projects then going out of my way scrying and buying G1s or buying up breeding projects when i have NO money, NO space, and the end result requires GEM genes. i am so bad with this it's not even funny... what kind of brain worm is this [/quote] ^ this one I think I've fully gened like. three? G1s in my entire time on the site. I [i]know[/i] I'm never going to gene a fraction of the ones I already have. But I keep buying more! I go 'ooh, this one's got potential' and then I stick them in a box and go back to the auction house. I just spent a bunch of money getting more space in my hibden so I could spend [i]more[/i] money on two matchy purple and light-blue G1s, after buying six other G1s earlier today. I will not! gene! this dragons! I know I won't! In a week I'll be so frustrated by my lack of space, I'll sell them for less than I bought 'em for! But I can't stop. ;3; And that's not even getting into the scrying, I don't think I've ever once paid attention to which genes are which, I guarantee half of my scries have iri or alloy. bleh.
Quebeal wrote on 2024-01-23 18:23:29:
my bad habit is knowing i lowkey actively do not want new dragon projects then going out of my way scrying and buying G1s or buying up breeding projects when i have NO money, NO space, and the end result requires GEM genes.

i am so bad with this it's not even funny... what kind of brain worm is this

^ this one
I think I've fully gened like. three? G1s in my entire time on the site. I know I'm never going to gene a fraction of the ones I already have. But I keep buying more! I go 'ooh, this one's got potential' and then I stick them in a box and go back to the auction house. I just spent a bunch of money getting more space in my hibden so I could spend more money on two matchy purple and light-blue G1s, after buying six other G1s earlier today. I will not! gene! this dragons! I know I won't! In a week I'll be so frustrated by my lack of space, I'll sell them for less than I bought 'em for! But I can't stop. ;3;
And that's not even getting into the scrying, I don't think I've ever once paid attention to which genes are which, I guarantee half of my scries have iri or alloy. bleh.
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
[quote name="Quebeal" date="2024-01-23 18:23:29" ] my bad habit is knowing i lowkey actively do not want new dragon projects then going out of my way scrying and buying G1s or buying up breeding projects when i have NO money, NO space, and the end result requires GEM genes. i am so bad with this it's not even funny... what kind of brain worm is this [/quote] also this one. i'm habitually preservation-obsessed so i refuse to accept a world in which a g1 i think has interesting potential is exalted. i have to be very careful when i check the ah for fodder because there is Virtually No Chance the dragon is leaving my lair once it enters. and god forbid i feel motivated to start geneing them... manifesting superb and phenomenal brokeness the likes of which have never been seen before.
Quebeal wrote on 2024-01-23 18:23:29:
my bad habit is knowing i lowkey actively do not want new dragon projects then going out of my way scrying and buying G1s or buying up breeding projects when i have NO money, NO space, and the end result requires GEM genes.

i am so bad with this it's not even funny... what kind of brain worm is this

also this one. i'm habitually preservation-obsessed so i refuse to accept a world in which a g1 i think has interesting potential is exalted. i have to be very careful when i check the ah for fodder because there is Virtually No Chance the dragon is leaving my lair once it enters.

and god forbid i feel motivated to start geneing them... manifesting superb and phenomenal brokeness the likes of which have never been seen before.
FObX7rS.png
o9yS1eq.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
FlMK7kZ.png
22evmnb.png
99d7e583fd212af4b4c9241de00ca9cb119db708.png f4iXRVq.png
o7ZCFYm.png
1YB0OjO.png
WXBzxw1.gif
JvUa9ma.png
low on food

consider gathering food but that egg i more than likely wont get is too tempting

use all turns on scavenging

no egg :(
low on food

consider gathering food but that egg i more than likely wont get is too tempting

use all turns on scavenging

no egg :(
she/her
autistic
ping pls
fr+8
spending too much time here in general. i'd be horrified to know how many hours ive spent on here lol.
spending too much time here in general. i'd be horrified to know how many hours ive spent on here lol.
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
Achievement hunting. It's all well and good when you get them with a couple clicks, but then the time comes where you're maxing fairgrounds every single day while chasing the 20m fairgrounds treasure achievement.

And all thoughts of taking a break are drowned out by louder thoughts of "it'll be over sooner if I just keep going". HELP ME
Achievement hunting. It's all well and good when you get them with a couple clicks, but then the time comes where you're maxing fairgrounds every single day while chasing the 20m fairgrounds treasure achievement.

And all thoughts of taking a break are drowned out by louder thoughts of "it'll be over sooner if I just keep going". HELP ME
27eGmsl.png
i am very completionist... so the daily/weekly and monthly pseudo-achievements are something i keep doing even though most of them are tedious.
i am very completionist... so the daily/weekly and monthly pseudo-achievements are something i keep doing even though most of them are tedious.
I'm 8 hours ahead of FR time, so sorry if I don't respond immediately to pings/messages ^^'[/center]
not naming dragons. i hate having unnamed dragons. and yet i'm awful at naming things, so i have a bajillion unnamed dragons, and it BOTHERS ME HELP
not naming dragons. i hate having unnamed dragons. and yet i'm awful at naming things, so i have a bajillion unnamed dragons, and it BOTHERS ME HELP
Gambling...

I love scattering and buying eggs. Eggs are so much cheaper than scattering, too, but I find myself just buying another scatterscroll to just throw onto a dragon because 'hehe, fun'.

I tell myself when I get to certain gem count, to stop. I stop for a bit... and then my monkey brain goes "scatter?" and then I rush to the gem market to buy another two or three. The cycle repeats.

But honestly! I've gotten lucky a few times. My profile dragon was a scatter. That's what counts, right? :,3
Gambling...

I love scattering and buying eggs. Eggs are so much cheaper than scattering, too, but I find myself just buying another scatterscroll to just throw onto a dragon because 'hehe, fun'.

I tell myself when I get to certain gem count, to stop. I stop for a bit... and then my monkey brain goes "scatter?" and then I rush to the gem market to buy another two or three. The cycle repeats.

But honestly! I've gotten lucky a few times. My profile dragon was a scatter. That's what counts, right? :,3
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
1 2 3 4 5 6