Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anyone know a different language ?
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
English is my primary language, and I'm currently trying to relearn Mandarin. I can also sorta sing in Korean and Japanese (although I have no clue what I'm saying).

@aakhu Funnily enough, my current problem is the opposite of yours: I'm more confident in reading and typing than speaking and understanding. I've found that watching C-dramas with Chinese and English subtitles is very helpful, as well as listening to Chinese songs while reading the lyrics (I keep digital notes of the lyrics of songs that I like, with this format:
Characters
Pinyin
English translation)

Good luck!
English is my primary language, and I'm currently trying to relearn Mandarin. I can also sorta sing in Korean and Japanese (although I have no clue what I'm saying).

@aakhu Funnily enough, my current problem is the opposite of yours: I'm more confident in reading and typing than speaking and understanding. I've found that watching C-dramas with Chinese and English subtitles is very helpful, as well as listening to Chinese songs while reading the lyrics (I keep digital notes of the lyrics of songs that I like, with this format:
Characters
Pinyin
English translation)

Good luck!
_________ CkbRBhK.gif _ Moondyne | fr time +17 | "If it's meant to happen it'll happen anyway"
i know italian fluently and im learning sign language ^^
i know italian fluently and im learning sign language ^^
66114084_LQjLA9TWOgWrUkw.png
I could of sworn I’ve posted in this thread before.

English-native, fluent proficiency. Born in the states and grown up in the states and all that.

Mandarin- colloquially fluent and can read up to maybe a 4th grade level. My parents are originally from Taiwan so I’ve grown hearing and speaking mandarin with them. Also spent a year in Taipei learning written/spoken mandarin because I was ok at speaking but my writing has always kind of sucked. It does mean I read traditional Chinese characters better than simplified though when translating, I tend to parse out better in pinyin than zhuyin even though when I was a kid that's what I grew up learning. I can use both, but it's quicker to type in pinyin than zhuyin because zhuyin I have to parse out the sounds to make the character first.

French- mostly low-level/intermediate reading proficiency, self-taught. I have a masters in Euro Studies and although, I took French classes in high school never kept up with it, ended up kind of brushing up and self-teaching b/c I needed reading level proficiency to read primary sources in French.

Additionally, I understand Taiwanese dialect ( Hokkien) but can’t actually speak it b/c it’s what both my parents natively speak other than mandarin.
I could of sworn I’ve posted in this thread before.

English-native, fluent proficiency. Born in the states and grown up in the states and all that.

Mandarin- colloquially fluent and can read up to maybe a 4th grade level. My parents are originally from Taiwan so I’ve grown hearing and speaking mandarin with them. Also spent a year in Taipei learning written/spoken mandarin because I was ok at speaking but my writing has always kind of sucked. It does mean I read traditional Chinese characters better than simplified though when translating, I tend to parse out better in pinyin than zhuyin even though when I was a kid that's what I grew up learning. I can use both, but it's quicker to type in pinyin than zhuyin because zhuyin I have to parse out the sounds to make the character first.

French- mostly low-level/intermediate reading proficiency, self-taught. I have a masters in Euro Studies and although, I took French classes in high school never kept up with it, ended up kind of brushing up and self-teaching b/c I needed reading level proficiency to read primary sources in French.

Additionally, I understand Taiwanese dialect ( Hokkien) but can’t actually speak it b/c it’s what both my parents natively speak other than mandarin.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
English is my second Language and it's the language I primarily use. I'm fluent in German, learning Spanish, and I am wanting to become fluent in Spanish since I'll be going to the United States in the next year.
English is my second Language and it's the language I primarily use. I'm fluent in German, learning Spanish, and I am wanting to become fluent in Spanish since I'll be going to the United States in the next year.
I'm born and raised in Germany, so German is my mother tongue.
English is kinda like my second 'native' language, as I've been learning and speaking it for 21 years by now.

Last year I started learning Italian, stopped due to a break up and recently picked it up again. I'm using Duolingo just for daily vocabulary use (as Duo is just wrong on so many things regarding sentences and how to use what), still got some PONS books to learn with.
AND I just started to listen to the "Coffee Break Italian" podcast. I love the host, I love how easy it is to follow. They do offer many other languages, if anyone is interested.

I'm also open to DMs if someone has questions regarding the German language. : 3
I'm born and raised in Germany, so German is my mother tongue.
English is kinda like my second 'native' language, as I've been learning and speaking it for 21 years by now.

Last year I started learning Italian, stopped due to a break up and recently picked it up again. I'm using Duolingo just for daily vocabulary use (as Duo is just wrong on so many things regarding sentences and how to use what), still got some PONS books to learn with.
AND I just started to listen to the "Coffee Break Italian" podcast. I love the host, I love how easy it is to follow. They do offer many other languages, if anyone is interested.

I'm also open to DMs if someone has questions regarding the German language. : 3
English is my first language, so not all that impressive.

But, I’m currently taking Spanish, and while I may not be the most fluent in it, I can at the very least hold a basic conversation with someone, and read and write some. I really enjoy listening to and learning songs in Spanish as assignments in class. Currently doing De Ellos Aprendí by David Rees, and I absolutely love it. My favorite lyrics are “Sigue nadando, sigue nadando”, “ Todo es posible, incluso lo imposible”, and “Elimina de tu vida, si elimina tu sonrisa”.
English is my first language, so not all that impressive.

But, I’m currently taking Spanish, and while I may not be the most fluent in it, I can at the very least hold a basic conversation with someone, and read and write some. I really enjoy listening to and learning songs in Spanish as assignments in class. Currently doing De Ellos Aprendí by David Rees, and I absolutely love it. My favorite lyrics are “Sigue nadando, sigue nadando”, “ Todo es posible, incluso lo imposible”, and “Elimina de tu vida, si elimina tu sonrisa”.
allycatcher.pngmlHpBMC.png.t0wRx.gif.mBU64.gif
English is my first language, however I would like to learn a lot of languages sometime! I know Scots/Lowland Scots, though I don't think that's really a full language hjklkjh

I'm quite predominantly Italian as well so I've been making an effort to learn more of that language to honour my heritage lol - I was taking Duolingo courses for it but they kinda stressed me out so I dropped them. May pick them back up sometime though, maybe in the Summer because that's when I usually go to Italy

Would like to learn German, Latin, Scottish Gaelic (since I'm a Scottish native - it's not as popular as it once was but it's still around) and Japanese sometime too
English is my first language, however I would like to learn a lot of languages sometime! I know Scots/Lowland Scots, though I don't think that's really a full language hjklkjh

I'm quite predominantly Italian as well so I've been making an effort to learn more of that language to honour my heritage lol - I was taking Duolingo courses for it but they kinda stressed me out so I dropped them. May pick them back up sometime though, maybe in the Summer because that's when I usually go to Italy

Would like to learn German, Latin, Scottish Gaelic (since I'm a Scottish native - it's not as popular as it once was but it's still around) and Japanese sometime too
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
My native language is Korean, so yes I speak Korean c:

English is my second language & though I'm not really fluent it still helps me a bunch to get more informations & communicate with way more people. It's like magic, so I love English x3

Other than that, I know little bit of Japanese but not that much haha :D All I know is something like some simple usual conversations(like greeting, asking for way...) and how to read hiragana & gatakana.
My native language is Korean, so yes I speak Korean c:

English is my second language & though I'm not really fluent it still helps me a bunch to get more informations & communicate with way more people. It's like magic, so I love English x3

Other than that, I know little bit of Japanese but not that much haha :D All I know is something like some simple usual conversations(like greeting, asking for way...) and how to read hiragana & gatakana.
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
fluent in english and korean, and i know a bit of chinese. and some spanish from school lol

@.WHDE (oh whoops wrote hello in korean. forgot that it was against the forum rules somewhere. sorry for the ping)
fluent in english and korean, and i know a bit of chinese. and some spanish from school lol

@.WHDE (oh whoops wrote hello in korean. forgot that it was against the forum rules somewhere. sorry for the ping)
NOP5viO.png
R1dejfm.png
YMPbu9R.png
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

BOURSIN CREAM CHEESE ON ASIAGO BAGELS
english is my native language. i'm also pretty good with spanish since i was in a relationship with a guy from puerto rico for ~3.5 years. i also studied french from 6th-12th grade and was intermediate with it, but forgot most of it in order to learn spanish lol

currently working on learning canarese konkani for my girlfriend :> she's told me i don't have to learn it, but i love learning languages and i love her, so i'm trying anyways :3
english is my native language. i'm also pretty good with spanish since i was in a relationship with a guy from puerto rico for ~3.5 years. i also studied french from 6th-12th grade and was intermediate with it, but forgot most of it in order to learn spanish lol

currently working on learning canarese konkani for my girlfriend :> she's told me i don't have to learn it, but i love learning languages and i love her, so i'm trying anyways :3
19260.png16490.png aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

taking art comms! :-)
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18