Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anyone have webtoon recs?
does anybody know any good webtoons, especially ones you don't need a daily pass/coins for?

i like scifi/horror mostly, especially if it's queer

and lgbtqiap recs but i need another plot going on simultaneously(like sci fi/murder/horror/fantasy too, not just the whole story being only about gl/bl) or i get kinda bored

no straight romance please

some webtoons i like:
sweet home
the croaking
does anybody know any good webtoons, especially ones you don't need a daily pass/coins for?

i like scifi/horror mostly, especially if it's queer

and lgbtqiap recs but i need another plot going on simultaneously(like sci fi/murder/horror/fantasy too, not just the whole story being only about gl/bl) or i get kinda bored

no straight romance please

some webtoons i like:
sweet home
the croaking
VNIDggl.pngA1eu65w.pngFIJXDaD.pngPVOi09x.pngxJCtTJa.png6Zs7hJu.pngu0zgn1V.pngsFMScix.png08U5Giq.png
6JqFst1.png6JqFst1.png
mlr1H8z.png
adopt by AspenCrow
wlryNhX.png
Oh hey, another Croaking fan!

I think my main recc for you would be How to be a Werewolf (which is exactly what it says on the tin, but more adventure than horror in general? Uses being a werewolf as a metaphor for anxiety, which is pretty neat. It's not on Webtoons like the rest of these, though, has its own site (but, comic and site share a name, not hard to find). I would honestly say that it's about 80% plain PG rating for this one; some language and violence, and minor body horror towards the end of the primary villain's arc, but generally pretty tame.

Since you have "horror" in your tags- "Stagtown" was super compelling, but definitely something to read with the lights on, heh. A girl trying to figure out what's wrong with her small town. Pretty solid R rating, has quite a bit of body horror, gore, and messing with people's minds as far as triggers off the top of my head

If you don't mind straight romance/romance elements as a subplot: for Sci-fi, there's "City of Blank", which has an interesting moral quandary at its heart: if your loved one was replaced by an exact duplicate... would they still be the same person? Body horror/gore warning on this one too, though (PG-13/soft R rating, I think). For fantasy, there's Stray Souls, which is an adventure about dealing with a mad king and just generally a kinda messed up world (has a lot of LGBT+ elements, but the protag does get a heterosexual love interest), PG-13 overall. For horror, there's "After Dark", which features a werewolf running from his problems, hard R for gore for this one.

(as somebody who's ace, I totally get not wanting the kissy-smoochy, btw, it's just hard to find stories that don't have any at all :/ Also, I do personally enjoy slow-burns, so that affects my tastes... hence giving options on if you wanted to see or not.)
Oh hey, another Croaking fan!

I think my main recc for you would be How to be a Werewolf (which is exactly what it says on the tin, but more adventure than horror in general? Uses being a werewolf as a metaphor for anxiety, which is pretty neat. It's not on Webtoons like the rest of these, though, has its own site (but, comic and site share a name, not hard to find). I would honestly say that it's about 80% plain PG rating for this one; some language and violence, and minor body horror towards the end of the primary villain's arc, but generally pretty tame.

Since you have "horror" in your tags- "Stagtown" was super compelling, but definitely something to read with the lights on, heh. A girl trying to figure out what's wrong with her small town. Pretty solid R rating, has quite a bit of body horror, gore, and messing with people's minds as far as triggers off the top of my head

If you don't mind straight romance/romance elements as a subplot: for Sci-fi, there's "City of Blank", which has an interesting moral quandary at its heart: if your loved one was replaced by an exact duplicate... would they still be the same person? Body horror/gore warning on this one too, though (PG-13/soft R rating, I think). For fantasy, there's Stray Souls, which is an adventure about dealing with a mad king and just generally a kinda messed up world (has a lot of LGBT+ elements, but the protag does get a heterosexual love interest), PG-13 overall. For horror, there's "After Dark", which features a werewolf running from his problems, hard R for gore for this one.

(as somebody who's ace, I totally get not wanting the kissy-smoochy, btw, it's just hard to find stories that don't have any at all :/ Also, I do personally enjoy slow-burns, so that affects my tastes... hence giving options on if you wanted to see or not.)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

it's about lions finding their place in the world in a partially realistic partially fantasy setting, many characters are in some way not cis or not straight, and so far I've found the story and characters very compelling. warning: there are heavy themes of abuse, and there is some blood and violence.
idk if you'll like this one but; I Hope So.
it's about lions finding their place in the world in a partially realistic partially fantasy setting, many characters are in some way not cis or not straight, and so far I've found the story and characters very compelling. warning: there are heavy themes of abuse, and there is some blood and violence.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I'm not sure if it has romance in it since I just started it, but I'm reading X and Ash and I recommend it if you have a lot of time. The episodes are each really long, and I'd say it falls in sci-fi maybe? It's also not daily pass (hooray!!!)
I'm not sure if it has romance in it since I just started it, but I'm reading X and Ash and I recommend it if you have a lot of time. The episodes are each really long, and I'd say it falls in sci-fi maybe? It's also not daily pass (hooray!!!)
ezinian
.·:*¨à¼ºà¼»¨*:·.
There is a post-apocalyptic one called Oblivion Tears, where the art is to die for, but it is a bit confusing. The same author also has a creepier slice of life called dream constellation. School Bus Graveyard is a really good thriller. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head though:D
There is a post-apocalyptic one called Oblivion Tears, where the art is to die for, but it is a bit confusing. The same author also has a creepier slice of life called dream constellation. School Bus Graveyard is a really good thriller. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head though:D
I personally enjoy the webtoon not even bones I love the fact it has mythical creatures in it and features sciencey themes. It has some gore, lots of black humour, and I don’t believe any romance the author is aro/ace. The horror aspect is their the main character can turn her pain receptors on/of, and meets someone who feeds on pain.
I personally enjoy the webtoon not even bones I love the fact it has mythical creatures in it and features sciencey themes. It has some gore, lots of black humour, and I don’t believe any romance the author is aro/ace. The horror aspect is their the main character can turn her pain receptors on/of, and meets someone who feeds on pain.
ZqTATLu.png
mmoRz30.png
tw5SNNe.png
tyEuRXe.png
bhdEs05.png
Oh boy have I got recs for you!

Originals:
Castle Swimmer
LoveBot (This one's a bit more PG13)
Realta
Sunset Phoenix
Covenant
High Class Homos

Canvas:
Revelation of Eros
Novae
Dame Daffodil
Osora (soon to be an Original!)
The Wilds (on indefinite hiatus)

On Tapas:
Out of the Blue
Saltburn's Clan (Yes, it's Warrior Cats fanfic)

Independent:
Countdown to Countdown
Oh boy have I got recs for you!

Originals:
Castle Swimmer
LoveBot (This one's a bit more PG13)
Realta
Sunset Phoenix
Covenant
High Class Homos

Canvas:
Revelation of Eros
Novae
Dame Daffodil
Osora (soon to be an Original!)
The Wilds (on indefinite hiatus)

On Tapas:
Out of the Blue
Saltburn's Clan (Yes, it's Warrior Cats fanfic)

Independent:
Countdown to Countdown
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
I can rec my friend's comic The Dummy's Dummy, its a webtoon original now but he started on tapas. It's PG horror but still plenty fun!
I can rec my friend's comic The Dummy's Dummy, its a webtoon original now but he started on tapas. It's PG horror but still plenty fun!
tumblr_ncso1gTwpX1taslvjo2_250.png AMHq4NM.png forumone.gif