Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | is it normal to not have a cell phone...
1 2
yes gasp i am utterly {female dog}less, rizzless, and phoneless... ever since i dropped mine months ago lifes been so weird. thankfully i still have access to several cool ((devices)) for the brain needy chemicals (no game pass anymore tho RIP [emoji=veilspun sad size=1] but just like................., nothing compares to having my own personal phone bro. i wanna say its a good thing but also im kind of going insane lol? is that sad? it would be way easier if i didnt have to see other people constantly on theirs. but at the same time being an observer instead of a fellow Screen Addict has definitely put some things into perspective. idek where im going with this dont mind me just having an existential crisis lmao i remember in middle school nobody had phones bc it wasnt really a thing yet but i was one of the first kids to get one and man did i feel like the coolest cougar. i used to pass it around to everyone and feel like i had gold, now i know how it feels to be those jealous kids ig, like man i was so chill about it too, what did i do to deserve this bro (dear god if ur reading this pls do not answer that thxerino) i fr gotta pick up some hobbies and make something with my Non Screen Subscribed eyeballs ugh
yes gasp i am utterly {female dog}less, rizzless, and phoneless... ever since i dropped mine months ago lifes been so weird. thankfully i still have access to several cool ((devices)) for the brain needy chemicals (no game pass anymore tho RIP but just like................., nothing compares to having my own personal phone bro. i wanna say its a good thing but also im kind of going insane lol? is that sad? it would be way easier if i didnt have to see other people constantly on theirs. but at the same time being an observer instead of a fellow Screen Addict has definitely put some things into perspective. idek where im going with this dont mind me just having an existential crisis lmao

i remember in middle school nobody had phones bc it wasnt really a thing yet but i was one of the first kids to get one and man did i feel like the coolest cougar. i used to pass it around to everyone and feel like i had gold, now i know how it feels to be those jealous kids ig, like man i was so chill about it too, what did i do to deserve this bro (dear god if ur reading this pls do not answer that thxerino)

i fr gotta pick up some hobbies and make something with my Non Screen Subscribed eyeballs ugh
tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gifj2eOZzr.giffsYFkT0.gifPixels-7.gifj2eOZzr.giftumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
For the longest time, I didn't have a phone either.
For the longest time, I didn't have a phone either.
Flare
Dragon-obsessed gamer nerd
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
DogHOvc.png
I have a phone, but I only ever really use it when I'm lying in bed or when I'm out, which isn't much haha. One of my friends actually doesn't have a phone either so I wouldn't say it's a totally unknown occurrence, they just aren't for everyone I suppose
I have a phone, but I only ever really use it when I'm lying in bed or when I'm out, which isn't much haha. One of my friends actually doesn't have a phone either so I wouldn't say it's a totally unknown occurrence, they just aren't for everyone I suppose
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
I lived the entire first half of my life without a cell phone. It may feel odd now, but back then, you could get away with being unreachable for extended periods of time. [emoji=coatl scared size=2]
I lived the entire first half of my life without a cell phone. It may feel odd now, but back then, you could get away with being unreachable for extended periods of time.

9iqeDz7.png
I got my first phone relatively late in life for my generation. I think being phoneless did bother me a little as a kid though, just because I felt like I was missing out on something. It wasn't that big of a deal to me though. Nowadays, I barely use my phone at all though aside from occasionally sending out texts. Although granted, that's partially because my phone is so old that it's borderline a paperweight at this point, and I'm too lazy to buy another one right now haha. I feel really uncomfortable walking around outside without one though in case there's an emergency and I need to contact someone.
I got my first phone relatively late in life for my generation. I think being phoneless did bother me a little as a kid though, just because I felt like I was missing out on something. It wasn't that big of a deal to me though. Nowadays, I barely use my phone at all though aside from occasionally sending out texts. Although granted, that's partially because my phone is so old that it's borderline a paperweight at this point, and I'm too lazy to buy another one right now haha. I feel really uncomfortable walking around outside without one though in case there's an emergency and I need to contact someone.
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
i got my first phone in 6th grade when i was 11 september 2017 and other kids in my school were on their 4th or 5th phone i thought it was insane. kinda wish i didnt have access to the internet that early. it is kinda sad to think about how much we rely on our phones, you really do need it to live in most places now.

though i dont really use mine much since i have a computer, i really only need my phone for healthcare calls or music/discord when im not home. or when im too lazy to get out of bed to go on the computer lol. i hate using phones you can do way more on pc i feel so limited when im reduced to being a mobile gamer or something
i got my first phone in 6th grade when i was 11 september 2017 and other kids in my school were on their 4th or 5th phone i thought it was insane. kinda wish i didnt have access to the internet that early. it is kinda sad to think about how much we rely on our phones, you really do need it to live in most places now.

though i dont really use mine much since i have a computer, i really only need my phone for healthcare calls or music/discord when im not home. or when im too lazy to get out of bed to go on the computer lol. i hate using phones you can do way more on pc i feel so limited when im reduced to being a mobile gamer or something
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
i feel like, the experience of not having a phone Before, like when mobile phones were still like a new thing (+ not having one as a kid as well) is just totally different from what it's like to not have a mobile phone now after having one for some time. more and more the society we live in is becoming dependent on the assumption that everyone has a phone on them.

the other day, i saw a post over on tumblr of someone talking about how bad it is that payphones are mostly gone now . like mobile phones die, break, lose service, get lost, etc, and payphones are super useful for when that happens. or someone just straight up might not have one aswell.

awhile ago, i was really hit with how phone-dependent the infrastructure has gotten when i was going to a record store with my friend and their dad, and it took us forever to find a parking lot or meter that let you pay with like, physical money. all of them had a qr code to scan or an app to download or were card-only, and that wasnt an option for us at the time. we were in a more downtown bougie part of the city which probably also a factor.

my little conspiracy theory is that the fancier gentrified places go cashless and rely on these apps and such to intentionally weed out the ""poors"" or something
i feel like, the experience of not having a phone Before, like when mobile phones were still like a new thing (+ not having one as a kid as well) is just totally different from what it's like to not have a mobile phone now after having one for some time. more and more the society we live in is becoming dependent on the assumption that everyone has a phone on them.

the other day, i saw a post over on tumblr of someone talking about how bad it is that payphones are mostly gone now . like mobile phones die, break, lose service, get lost, etc, and payphones are super useful for when that happens. or someone just straight up might not have one aswell.

awhile ago, i was really hit with how phone-dependent the infrastructure has gotten when i was going to a record store with my friend and their dad, and it took us forever to find a parking lot or meter that let you pay with like, physical money. all of them had a qr code to scan or an app to download or were card-only, and that wasnt an option for us at the time. we were in a more downtown bougie part of the city which probably also a factor.

my little conspiracy theory is that the fancier gentrified places go cashless and rely on these apps and such to intentionally weed out the ""poors"" or something
I still like the idea of being unreachable like back then when I was a kid/young teen... but it feels weird at this point. I forgot my phone a few weeks ago and when I came back home after work, my parents and my partner were going crazy so I feel like I HAVE to have a phone with me.

Also got my first 'modern' smartphone at 20 or something, meanwhile all my friends had their first smartphones for a few years already. I was kinda late to the party, hahah.

Not having a phone is a good thing as long as your loved ones can reach out to you and you to them but I feel like I just can't go without one anymore :I

I still like the idea of being unreachable like back then when I was a kid/young teen... but it feels weird at this point. I forgot my phone a few weeks ago and when I came back home after work, my parents and my partner were going crazy so I feel like I HAVE to have a phone with me.

Also got my first 'modern' smartphone at 20 or something, meanwhile all my friends had their first smartphones for a few years already. I was kinda late to the party, hahah.

Not having a phone is a good thing as long as your loved ones can reach out to you and you to them but I feel like I just can't go without one anymore :I

2aoyUTU.png My wood carvings

Got ancients?
I don't have a phone currently and I probably wouldn't use it too much if I did anyways. If I need to call someone I just borrow a friends phone.
I don't have a phone currently and I probably wouldn't use it too much if I did anyways. If I need to call someone I just borrow a friends phone.
//Wishlist//Oddjobs(Store)//Evergreen Hatchery//
My art comm/dump/storage website//

I take random hiatuses year-round(mostly during breaks). I am on more often than not though. So feel free to still be in contact and interact with me.
fyu120w.png
v09Qm6B.png
Frankly, I wish it were more normal to not have one. After the novelty wore off (about 10 years ago), smartphones have mostly made it easier for others to pester me. Not to mention the ads. The only saving grace for mobile browsing is that Firefox lets you install uBlock origin.
Frankly, I wish it were more normal to not have one. After the novelty wore off (about 10 years ago), smartphones have mostly made it easier for others to pester me. Not to mention the ads. The only saving grace for mobile browsing is that Firefox lets you install uBlock origin.
No tone tags, please. Just say what you mean. Will not read carrds.
YUzmw5z.png9Wis07O.pngYMPbu9R.png
1 2