Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Flicker (With a Story!) SIGNUPS OPEN
1 2
Flicker is a Roblox game, similar to what you may know as “Werewolf”. Or, if you have played Among Us, it has a similar gist to it! The good team wants to eliminate the bad team, and the bad team wants to kill everyone good! (Fun fact! The main reason why I joined Flight Rising was because my sister [who also helped me code this thread] told me that [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3306455/1]people played Flicker on here[/url] ^^ Here's my own hosted game!!) Credits to Wisdum for first bringing the game Flicker over to Flight Rising forums! You can find their hosted game linked above :) So! Now that you know what the general idea of the game is… will you join me? [b][u]How to Play:[/u][/b] -There are several roles in Flicker, most of which have an unique ability that players can act upon at nighttime. There are two (or three, if you get technical about it) sides in Flicker - the evil side and the good side. Each side’s goal is to eliminate the other side. What’s the third side, you ask? Neutral! The one role in this version of Flicker that will be on the Neutral team is the Clown, but more on that later! -Each night, those players who have abilities can PM me and tell me who they want to use their ability on (for example, if they are the murderer, they would send me a PM telling me who they want to kill). -Nighttime lasts for 12 hours and daytime for 24 hours. Players will be able to vote for who they think is suspicious during the last 12 hours of daytime. (This may not be completely adhered to, but I will try my best. During weekdays I have school, and I have class on Sunday afternoons.) [I’m FR +16 time!] -If everyone on the bad side is voted out by the good side, the good side wins! If the bad side kills everyone on the good side except for one, the bad side wins! -You may message other players and form alliances without telling me, and form alliances! For example, if you are the assassin, TELL the murderer so that you do not get accidentally killed! -Message me and tell me who you want to use your ability on during NIGHTTIME if/when you want to use your ability on a player! After I have announced that it is daytime in the thread, any PMs will no longer take effect. You will then have to wait until the next night to use your ability! -Players all have a journal! This will be what you leave behind to other players if/when you get killed or voted out! It is strongly suggested that you leave your role (OR you can trick players if you are on the evil side >:)) and, if any, hints as to which players are evil or good! (For example, the clues you have received as a Detective) Send me what you want to write in your journal in a message to me, and I will display it to the other players! -After you have died/been killed, please do not contact other players again in the forms of messaging or posting on the forums! Of course, I cannot stop you, but this sort of defeats the purpose of being voted out, if you still participate even after you have been voted. -Please keep role-play to a minimum! Of course one or two role-play posts are completely fine, but pleas keep them on topic! <33 -Mistakes are okay! Even if you are an old-timer :) Don’t let that deter you from joining! We are all doing this for fun, after all. -Also, I don’t think this will happen, but if you do happen to change your username during the course of the game, please inform me ASAP! I don’t want you to miss out on any pings/not be able to find you because of the new username! :D [u][b]Lore Blurb (Skippable!) :[/b][/u] You see a note drift up to you in the sweltering heat. It seemed to be levitated, as it was a swelteringly hot summers day and there was no sign of a breeze anywhere. You unfold the piece of paper, and discover that inside, in neat handwriting, was a letter of invitation. [i]Hello stranger! We have dispatched our fleet of seagulls to spread the invitation to the grand opening of our annual gala! Come see the waves, feel the sand, eat our banquet, and experience the fifth Seaheaven Gala! If you are [s]daring enough[/s] willing to come, meet us in three moon’s time at (312, 47). We eagerly await your arrival![/i] Flash forward three days later, and you were at the designated meeting place. The beach was seemingly… empty? You checked the coordinates on your SUHAATM (self-updating highly advanced and technological map). They were the same coordinates as shown on the invitation letter. “Hello?” You called out. Your echo and the faint cry of an eagle was the only reply. [b]BOOM.[/b] The sand opened underneath your very talons, and a sinkhole appeared out of nowhere. You flapped your wings, but to no avail. The wind that came with the deadly hole was too strong for you to escape. You plummeted, down, down, down, your wings unable to spread and your lungs were choked from the large amount of air and sand you were inhaling. You wanted to let out a scream, but you couldn’t. [b]THUMP.[/b] You landed hard, but the ground beneath was soft, and gave as you stood up. The sensation was like standing on a very large, very soft pillow. You tried to walk, but this was made very difficult as the soft ground smooshed and moved around. You flopped back down, looking up at the giant hole that had swallowed you. You could see no opening, and no way back out. In it’s place, a large golden chandelier hung. The sides of the tall cave were dark brown, and you could see pods with glass panes blocking the pods from the outside. Suddenly, a claw swooped out of the air and caught you between its mechanic fingers. You flailed and screamed, but it would not release you. It then brought you over to a pod, scanned a card on the card reader, which opened the glass doors, and threw you in. The glass door then closed behind you with a heavy [b]THUD.[/b] The pod was simply furnished, with another large pillow on the ground. There was a small shelf too, located on the wall of the cave, with a pen and notebook on it. A round light was also located on top of the pod. [i]“Attention all players. Or, should I say, gala-goers, hahahahaha.”[/i] A soft, feminine voice came from a speaker located inside your pod. The laugh sent shivers down your spine. [i]“You are in Flicker. A game made for the entertainment of the queen. You will now receive your roles.”[/i] Through a tiny slot in the wall, which you haven’t noticed before, came a sheet of paper. You read the text inscribed on it: [b]YOUR ROLE IS [spoiler]PRETEND THERE’S A ROLE HERE[/spoiler].[/b] You then flipped over the back of the card, which intricately described what your role could do. The voice spoke over the radio again. [i]“Kill or be killed. Vote or be voted. Work with your allies. If, they are your allies at all.”[/i] [u][b]Roles:[/b][/u] Not sure what the role I assigned you can do? Refer to this list! Still confused? Shoot me a PM! [color=red][b]Murderer (EVIL):[/b][/color] Kill one player each night by messaging me and telling me who they want to kill, and convince the good team that you are on their side. Work with the assassin, and try not to kill the witch! [color=red][b]Assassin (EVIL):[/b][/color] You will know who the murderer is. It is advised that you tell them this through a PM so that you do not get killed by your teammate. You can only kill one single player for the ENTIRE duration of the game, but your attacks cannot be stopped, and your target cannot be saved. [color=red][b]Witch (EVIL):[/b][/color] You will not know who the murderer or assassin is, but if you do figure it out (and is certain), it is advised you contact them to make sure you do not get killed by either of them. You can block one player’s ability each night. The effects of this will last for the night. If you have located a player that you wish to block indefinitely, you have to use your ability on them every time night comes around. [color=green][b]Survivor (GOOD):[/b][/color] Survive! Try and gather clues as to who the evil team is and eliminate them! [color=green][b]Detective (GOOD):[/b][/color] The leader of the good side! Each night, they will receive a message from me, in the format of “At least one of these users are good/evil” or “At least four of these users are good”. The chance of receiving the first message is 20%, I will be using a random number generator to decide which message you get! [color=green][b]Psychic (GOOD):[/b][/color] Each night, you may as me about the side of one user through a message, and I will tell you whether the user you have asked me about is good or evil. [color=green][b]Medic (GOOD):[/b][/color] You can heal a player each night after the murderer has made their kill. If the person you choose to heal is the same one the murderer attempted to kill, their kill will have no effect. [color=green][b]Saviour (GOOD):[/b][/color] You may choose to save one player after they have died/been voted out during any point in the game. This excludes the player the assassin has killed. If you attempt to save them, I will tell you to choose another person to save if you choose to save the assassin’s victim. [b]Clown (NEUTRAL):[/b] Your goal is to get voted out (not killed)! After you have been voted out, you can kill one player each night. If you get killed, your ability is unable to be used. [u][b]Entry Form:[/b][/u] Now that you know how to play, you may be wondering! How do I enter? Just post in this thread with the following form, and I’ll note you down! The game will start when we have 13 participants! [quote=Entrance Form]@LeglessShark Username: Dragon You are Entering:[/quote] That’s it! Post with that form and you are entered! [center][size=6][b]4/13 Participants![/b][/size][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84977154][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/849772/84977154.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56333709][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/563338/56333709.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88390394][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/883904/88390394.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89609080][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/896091/89609080.png[/img][/url] @/BeansGalore @/SetoPool @/Heroic 13 @/AngeloftheEast Did you miss out on your chance to enter while applications were still open? Never fear! We have a pinglist for when we are accepting new participants! Why don’t you sign your name right there? [s]No it’s not a contract agreeing for the court of law to arrange to give us all your dragons and sharks… No! Why would we do that?[/s] [pinglist=19563] Finally credits to my sister for helping me SO MUCH with the coding, the pinglist, and just helping me make an account so I can make my little dream come true and host a game of Flicker <33 I appreciate you sis! (No matter how many times you eat MY pop-tarts)
Flicker is a Roblox game, similar to what you may know as “Werewolf”. Or, if you have played Among Us, it has a similar gist to it! The good team wants to eliminate the bad team, and the bad team wants to kill everyone good!
(Fun fact! The main reason why I joined Flight Rising was because my sister [who also helped me code this thread] told me that people played Flicker on here ^^ Here's my own hosted game!!)
Credits to Wisdum for first bringing the game Flicker over to Flight Rising forums! You can find their hosted game linked above :)
So! Now that you know what the general idea of the game is… will you join me?

How to Play:
-There are several roles in Flicker, most of which have an unique ability that players can act upon at nighttime. There are two (or three, if you get technical about it) sides in Flicker - the evil side and the good side. Each side’s goal is to eliminate the other side. What’s the third side, you ask? Neutral! The one role in this version of Flicker that will be on the Neutral team is the Clown, but more on that later!

-Each night, those players who have abilities can PM me and tell me who they want to use their ability on (for example, if they are the murderer, they would send me a PM telling me who they want to kill).

-Nighttime lasts for 12 hours and daytime for 24 hours. Players will be able to vote for who they think is suspicious during the last 12 hours of daytime. (This may not be completely adhered to, but I will try my best. During weekdays I have school, and I have class on Sunday afternoons.) [I’m FR +16 time!]

-If everyone on the bad side is voted out by the good side, the good side wins! If the bad side kills everyone on the good side except for one, the bad side wins!

-You may message other players and form alliances without telling me, and form alliances! For example, if you are the assassin, TELL the murderer so that you do not get accidentally killed!

-Message me and tell me who you want to use your ability on during NIGHTTIME if/when you want to use your ability on a player! After I have announced that it is daytime in the thread, any PMs will no longer take effect. You will then have to wait until the next night to use your ability!

-Players all have a journal! This will be what you leave behind to other players if/when you get killed or voted out! It is strongly suggested that you leave your role (OR you can trick players if you are on the evil side >:)) and, if any, hints as to which players are evil or good! (For example, the clues you have received as a Detective) Send me what you want to write in your journal in a message to me, and I will display it to the other players!

-After you have died/been killed, please do not contact other players again in the forms of messaging or posting on the forums! Of course, I cannot stop you, but this sort of defeats the purpose of being voted out, if you still participate even after you have been voted.

-Please keep role-play to a minimum! Of course one or two role-play posts are completely fine, but pleas keep them on topic! <33

-Mistakes are okay! Even if you are an old-timer :) Don’t let that deter you from joining! We are all doing this for fun, after all.

-Also, I don’t think this will happen, but if you do happen to change your username during the course of the game, please inform me ASAP! I don’t want you to miss out on any pings/not be able to find you because of the new username! :D

Lore Blurb (Skippable!) :
You see a note drift up to you in the sweltering heat. It seemed to be levitated, as it was a swelteringly hot summers day and there was no sign of a breeze anywhere. You unfold the piece of paper, and discover that inside, in neat handwriting, was a letter of invitation.

Hello stranger!
We have dispatched our fleet of seagulls to spread the invitation to the grand opening of our annual gala! Come see the waves, feel the sand, eat our banquet, and experience the fifth Seaheaven Gala! If you are daring enough willing to come, meet us in three moon’s time at (312, 47).
We eagerly await your arrival!

Flash forward three days later, and you were at the designated meeting place. The beach was seemingly… empty? You checked the coordinates on your SUHAATM (self-updating highly advanced and technological map). They were the same coordinates as shown on the invitation letter.

“Hello?” You called out. Your echo and the faint cry of an eagle was the only reply.

BOOM. The sand opened underneath your very talons, and a sinkhole appeared out of nowhere. You flapped your wings, but to no avail. The wind that came with the deadly hole was too strong for you to escape. You plummeted, down, down, down, your wings unable to spread and your lungs were choked from the large amount of air and sand you were inhaling. You wanted to let out a scream, but you couldn’t.

THUMP. You landed hard, but the ground beneath was soft, and gave as you stood up. The sensation was like standing on a very large, very soft pillow. You tried to walk, but this was made very difficult as the soft ground smooshed and moved around. You flopped back down, looking up at the giant hole that had swallowed you. You could see no opening, and no way back out. In it’s place, a large golden chandelier hung. The sides of the tall cave were dark brown, and you could see pods with glass panes blocking the pods from the outside.

Suddenly, a claw swooped out of the air and caught you between its mechanic fingers. You flailed and screamed, but it would not release you. It then brought you over to a pod, scanned a card on the card reader, which opened the glass doors, and threw you in. The glass door then closed behind you with a heavy THUD.

The pod was simply furnished, with another large pillow on the ground. There was a small shelf too, located on the wall of the cave, with a pen and notebook on it. A round light was also located on top of the pod.

“Attention all players. Or, should I say, gala-goers, hahahahaha.” A soft, feminine voice came from a speaker located inside your pod. The laugh sent shivers down your spine. “You are in Flicker. A game made for the entertainment of the queen. You will now receive your roles.”

Through a tiny slot in the wall, which you haven’t noticed before, came a sheet of paper. You read the text inscribed on it:

YOUR ROLE IS PRETEND THERE’S A ROLE HERE.

You then flipped over the back of the card, which intricately described what your role could do.

The voice spoke over the radio again. “Kill or be killed. Vote or be voted. Work with your allies. If, they are your allies at all.”

Roles:
Not sure what the role I assigned you can do? Refer to this list! Still confused? Shoot me a PM!

Murderer (EVIL): Kill one player each night by messaging me and telling me who they want to kill, and convince the good team that you are on their side. Work with the assassin, and try not to kill the witch!

Assassin (EVIL): You will know who the murderer is. It is advised that you tell them this through a PM so that you do not get killed by your teammate. You can only kill one single player for the ENTIRE duration of the game, but your attacks cannot be stopped, and your target cannot be saved.

Witch (EVIL): You will not know who the murderer or assassin is, but if you do figure it out (and is certain), it is advised you contact them to make sure you do not get killed by either of them. You can block one player’s ability each night. The effects of this will last for the night. If you have located a player that you wish to block indefinitely, you have to use your ability on them every time night comes around.

Survivor (GOOD): Survive! Try and gather clues as to who the evil team is and eliminate them!

Detective (GOOD): The leader of the good side! Each night, they will receive a message from me, in the format of “At least one of these users are good/evil” or “At least four of these users are good”. The chance of receiving the first message is 20%, I will be using a random number generator to decide which message you get!

Psychic (GOOD): Each night, you may as me about the side of one user through a message, and I will tell you whether the user you have asked me about is good or evil.

Medic (GOOD): You can heal a player each night after the murderer has made their kill. If the person you choose to heal is the same one the murderer attempted to kill, their kill will have no effect.

Saviour (GOOD): You may choose to save one player after they have died/been voted out during any point in the game. This excludes the player the assassin has killed. If you attempt to save them, I will tell you to choose another person to save if you choose to save the assassin’s victim.

Clown (NEUTRAL): Your goal is to get voted out (not killed)! After you have been voted out, you can kill one player each night. If you get killed, your ability is unable to be used.

Entry Form:
Now that you know how to play, you may be wondering! How do I enter? Just post in this thread with the following form, and I’ll note you down! The game will start when we have 13 participants!
Entrance Form wrote:
@LeglessShark
Username:
Dragon You are Entering:
That’s it! Post with that form and you are entered!
4/13 Participants!
84977154.png56333709.png88390394.png89609080.png
@/BeansGalore @/SetoPool @/Heroic 13 @/AngeloftheEast

Did you miss out on your chance to enter while applications were still open? Never fear! We have a pinglist for when we are accepting new participants! Why don’t you sign your name right there? No it’s not a contract agreeing for the court of law to arrange to give us all your dragons and sharks… No! Why would we do that?

Finally credits to my sister for helping me SO MUCH with the coding, the pinglist, and just helping me make an account so I can make my little dream come true and host a game of Flicker <33 I appreciate you sis! (No matter how many times you eat MY pop-tarts)
Entries are now open~ Hopefully some people would be interested!
Entries are now open~ Hopefully some people would be interested!
*SLAMS HANDS ON TABLE* WELCOME TO FR AND COUNT ME IN, I participated in the other flicker forum and it was SO FUN another one will definitely be fun (I love all your shark memes btw) @LeglessShark Username:BeansGalore Dragon You are Entering: Hades! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84977154][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/849772/84977154_350.png[/img][/url]
*SLAMS HANDS ON TABLE* WELCOME TO FR AND COUNT ME IN, I participated in the other flicker forum and it was SO FUN another one will definitely be fun (I love all your shark memes btw)

@LeglessShark
Username:BeansGalore
Dragon You are Entering: Hades! 84977154_350.png
I’d love if you stopped by!
Hatchery
Art Shop
@LeglessShark I'm really liking these type of games recently! Username: SetoPool Dragon You are Entering: Absinthe [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56333709][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/563338/56333709_350.png[/img][/url]
@LeglessShark

I'm really liking these type of games recently!

Username: SetoPool
Dragon You are Entering: Absinthe

56333709_350.png
dlJsEIj.png
Imagine having a signature lol
@LeglessShark Username:Heroic13 Dragon You are Entering: Midnightsun [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88390394][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/883904/88390394_350.png[/img][/url]
@LeglessShark
Username:Heroic13
Dragon You are Entering: Midnightsun
88390394_350.png
Picsart_23-11-11_11-50-01-265.png W1Dayps.png
Everyone has been entered!
Also yay I'm glad you enjoy the memes <33
Everyone has been entered!
Also yay I'm glad you enjoy the memes <33
@LeglessShark Username: AngelOfTheEast Dragon that I'm entering: Aspen P. Leif (because I thought it would be funny to give all my dragons last names... ahurgh). [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89609080][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/896091/89609080_350.png[/img][/url] Played another flicker game on here and had a blast, so might as well join one more, right? Let's just hope I don't immediately get voted off lol. Edit: Also welcome to FR!! 10/10 on the shark memes lol [emoji=seafood size=1] Made me remember this meme too, so to add to your collection, I present a Tumblr classic: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/3eafa3b6ef99774dfd44e9f97543e0c6/4cadd43021739749-bb/s640x960/b2dde358e71d89a4af7be2db7857420f4f922d51.jpg[/img] (hope u don't mind me sharing it here- FR doesn't let you add images to posts on ppls userpages)
@LeglessShark
Username: AngelOfTheEast
Dragon that I'm entering: Aspen P. Leif (because I thought it would be funny to give all my dragons last names... ahurgh).
89609080_350.png

Played another flicker game on here and had a blast, so might as well join one more, right? Let's just hope I don't immediately get voted off lol.

Edit:

Also welcome to FR!! 10/10 on the shark memes lol

Made me remember this meme too, so to add to your collection, I present a Tumblr classic:
b2dde358e71d89a4af7be2db7857420f4f922d51.jpg

(hope u don't mind me sharing it here- FR doesn't let you add images to posts on ppls userpages)
q3Me7tJ.png
jv7C6g3.png
GpIVvm1.png
cfJOr5b.png
njCJq66.png
Igxj6v7.png
oh
Angel
She/her

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
hi .. kU1ZZ5r.png
@AngelOfTheEast OMG THANK YOU FOR THE MEME I DONT MIND AT ALL
it has been added to my compilation with credits <3
and Aspen P. Leif has been thrown onto the giant pillow and deposited in a pod :p
@AngelOfTheEast OMG THANK YOU FOR THE MEME I DONT MIND AT ALL
it has been added to my compilation with credits <3
and Aspen P. Leif has been thrown onto the giant pillow and deposited in a pod :p
Hey, this might get locked. FR isn't the happiest about duplicate threads.

Also, I'm a little frustrated about this. Ik that Flicker isn't exactly an original game from me or anything, but I created the original thread, and I wasn't given hardly any credit for at least your inspiration, besides a quick "others played it here", which I feel like should be a hint that "hey, this already exists." Apologies, just annoyed tbh.
Hey, this might get locked. FR isn't the happiest about duplicate threads.

Also, I'm a little frustrated about this. Ik that Flicker isn't exactly an original game from me or anything, but I created the original thread, and I wasn't given hardly any credit for at least your inspiration, besides a quick "others played it here", which I feel like should be a hint that "hey, this already exists." Apologies, just annoyed tbh.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
@Wisdum Hi! I'm really sorry about that, I'm pretty new to hosting a game on the Forums! I'll add a more specific credit towards you in the first post ^^
@Wisdum Hi! I'm really sorry about that, I'm pretty new to hosting a game on the Forums! I'll add a more specific credit towards you in the first post ^^
1 2