Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which sort of genes do you prefer?
1 2 3
The more accent colors there are, the better.
The more accent colors there are, the better.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
The easier they are to draw the more likely ill pick them, a more open or simple design with like colors
The easier they are to draw the more likely ill pick them, a more open or simple design with like colors
One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
I don't think I have a preference really. I use the one that best matches the dragon. Like monocolour dragons I probably wouldn't use genes with accent colours. But bright xyz's might work better with those. I even use basic if it looks good.
I don't think I have a preference really. I use the one that best matches the dragon. Like monocolour dragons I probably wouldn't use genes with accent colours. But bright xyz's might work better with those. I even use basic if it looks good.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
I like genes that have accent colors primarily. Flat patterns tend to be somewhat uninteresting or at worst, very hard to work with unless they're a really good pattern or I get lucky with a circumstance where it just works (thankfully happens more than you ever think it will).
There's a lot more flexibility with accent colors in the dragons over all color scheme, and you can get a lot more interesting looks with it. Banescales not having a lot of true accent color genes is the primary problem with them, after all.

However, this really can change between Moderns and Ancients.

I can be far more lenient on colors with Moderns because I can dress them up, those basic patterns work far more often as a compliment to an outfit. In fact, I often might prefer simple color genes (Fade/Blend/Capsule were recently found to be my most used genes! I also really like Myrid/Fern/Foam) because it acts as a very good canvas.

On an Ancient, however.... I prefer busy genes.
I can come round to basic, my Aura's are all relatively plain patterns that just look very well in these colors, but I can't dress an Ancient. Unless I have a good skin in mind for them, these genes are it. I have to be satisfied with the look, I have to be more discerning and it has to inspire something in me. Thus, very colorful and visually busy designs appeal to me more - linebreaking terts appeal to me more for this reason too.
I like genes that have accent colors primarily. Flat patterns tend to be somewhat uninteresting or at worst, very hard to work with unless they're a really good pattern or I get lucky with a circumstance where it just works (thankfully happens more than you ever think it will).
There's a lot more flexibility with accent colors in the dragons over all color scheme, and you can get a lot more interesting looks with it. Banescales not having a lot of true accent color genes is the primary problem with them, after all.

However, this really can change between Moderns and Ancients.

I can be far more lenient on colors with Moderns because I can dress them up, those basic patterns work far more often as a compliment to an outfit. In fact, I often might prefer simple color genes (Fade/Blend/Capsule were recently found to be my most used genes! I also really like Myrid/Fern/Foam) because it acts as a very good canvas.

On an Ancient, however.... I prefer busy genes.
I can come round to basic, my Aura's are all relatively plain patterns that just look very well in these colors, but I can't dress an Ancient. Unless I have a good skin in mind for them, these genes are it. I have to be satisfied with the look, I have to be more discerning and it has to inspire something in me. Thus, very colorful and visually busy designs appeal to me more - linebreaking terts appeal to me more for this reason too.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I like genes with heavy accent colors for the same reason i love xyz colors! I love crazy colors1
I like genes with heavy accent colors for the same reason i love xyz colors! I love crazy colors1
36oBoG2.png

2SxeZ07.png Q0Bai3e.png

CAJaTcp.pngzKdj1ff.pngELstj0K.pngomhr10R.png

LGvol4P.png gYW0j5f.png K9W8Tym.png GdVZ87H.png
I'm partial to genes with accent colours and funky patterns, because finding good combos is just a lot of fun and quite satisfying to see come together in a cohesive way- but to be honest, I like all of the genes! They're just so incredibly situational that it's hard for me to make blanket statements along the lines of, "I don't like Stitched" "Poison is better than Skink" etc etc. Especially with all the accent colours, opting for one gene over another can change the whole look and make or break a design. And then there's factors like the pose and if apparel is involved- it goes from hard to downright impossible to choose gene favourites! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
I'm partial to genes with accent colours and funky patterns, because finding good combos is just a lot of fun and quite satisfying to see come together in a cohesive way- but to be honest, I like all of the genes!

They're just so incredibly situational that it's hard for me to make blanket statements along the lines of, "I don't like Stitched" "Poison is better than Skink" etc etc. Especially with all the accent colours, opting for one gene over another can change the whole look and make or break a design. And then there's factors like the pose and if apparel is involved- it goes from hard to downright impossible to choose gene favourites!
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="Grune" date="2024-01-18 12:54:27" ] I love genes with accent colors. Otherwise, things can seem too flat. It feels more vibrant, and I love pops of color! [/quote] I agree with this! Accent colors are my favorite, otherwise it has to be different shades of the same color
Grune wrote on 2024-01-18 12:54:27:
I love genes with accent colors.
Otherwise, things can seem too flat.
It feels more vibrant, and I love pops of color!
I agree with this! Accent colors are my favorite, otherwise it has to be different shades of the same color
Anything watery, or that I can argue is water-aligned (like Lionfish/Noxtide or Poison/Toxin lol)

If it looks like water itself, like something related to liquid, or something a sea creature could have... then I like it lol notable examples being Ripple/Current, Tide/Foam, Iridescent/Shimmer, Slime/Sludge, Python/Morph, Leopard/Clouded, Boa/Saddle, and Metallic/Alloy

But I do break my own tastes sometimes, usually because something is just too pretty. Harlequin/Jester are big offenders for this haha
Anything watery, or that I can argue is water-aligned (like Lionfish/Noxtide or Poison/Toxin lol)

If it looks like water itself, like something related to liquid, or something a sea creature could have... then I like it lol notable examples being Ripple/Current, Tide/Foam, Iridescent/Shimmer, Slime/Sludge, Python/Morph, Leopard/Clouded, Boa/Saddle, and Metallic/Alloy

But I do break my own tastes sometimes, usually because something is just too pretty. Harlequin/Jester are big offenders for this haha
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
Ones with strong accent colors. They’re so fun to work with, and you can get some unusual color patterns looking very harmonious!
Ones with strong accent colors. They’re so fun to work with, and you can get some unusual color patterns looking very harmonious!
I love things that give me lots of subtle colors outside of the basic palette. Starcon, stained, soap, cryfac, irishim, bee~ <3 Delicate and unusual colorshifts, my beloved. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86459202][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/864593/86459202_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86592102][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/865922/86592102_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86706764][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/867068/86706764_350.png[/img][/url]
I love things that give me lots of subtle colors outside of the basic palette.

Starcon, stained, soap, cryfac, irishim, bee~ <3

Delicate and unusual colorshifts, my beloved.

86459202_350.png86592102_350.png86706764_350.png
rv0xzcJ.gif wA5lAlD.pngxNTxlcy.jpg
1 2 3