Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tough decisions: breeding g1s
1 2 3 4
I think there’s a really fun challenge of finding mates for G1s that make neat offspring - that’s why I love breeding to sell G2s!
I think there’s a really fun challenge of finding mates for G1s that make neat offspring - that’s why I love breeding to sell G2s!

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
I will breed G1s if I have a pair, but usually I don't. You can do whatever you want with them, though!
I will breed G1s if I have a pair, but usually I don't. You can do whatever you want with them, though!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
I do breed dragons, but more for lore purposes. I breed the parents, then offspring, then grandkids, and so on. So my lair has families. Dynasties?

As for g1 dragons... I haven't bene breeding them because they are perpetually "unfinished." I did breed my progens though, they have kids. No grandkids yet. Everybody needs genes first (smrt me for breeding progens before geneing them up?!).
I do breed dragons, but more for lore purposes. I breed the parents, then offspring, then grandkids, and so on. So my lair has families. Dynasties?

As for g1 dragons... I haven't bene breeding them because they are perpetually "unfinished." I did breed my progens though, they have kids. No grandkids yet. Everybody needs genes first (smrt me for breeding progens before geneing them up?!).
79868604p.png79868603p.png1q7diA4.jpegMreCscM.png
i just have two types of g1s. most of them just have clear parents/offsprings list, and some of them meants to be a starting pair for new released breed
i just have two types of g1s. most of them just have clear parents/offsprings list, and some of them meants to be a starting pair for new released breed
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
SYYY2E5.png
DxCICZ1.png
WANTED:
accent lava born
9170.png
I breed fodder with my G1's!:D It's fun.
I don't breed my nice and matchy doubles though. I probably should, it's not like I'm going to end up selling them anyway.
I breed fodder with my G1's!:D It's fun.
I don't breed my nice and matchy doubles though. I probably should, it's not like I'm going to end up selling them anyway.
3sEe5kl.pngglkI7Qo.pnge5U3u7u.png
I breed all of my G1s. Always have. Having a dragon I don't use somehow bothers me, like it's wasting my lairspace.

I get the value of no offspring lists and all, but that should only matter if you plan on selling your g1s. If you don't sell them again, then it doesn't matter what their "value" is. And if you gene up a G1 you're never getting back the resources you put in. They're already kind of designed to be moneysinks. So the only thing you need to think about is if a G1 dragon is worth the investment in the first place.

And the G1 market is also incredibly oversaturated. Excellent ones get exalted every day because not enough players are around who will pay what they are "worth". So when thinking about their resale value, there's also a small chance you can sell them anyway. Just take a look around the sales and trading forums and its full of people desperately trying to clear out their collections. NoN makes it worse for some time sure but G1s have still never been an easy market.

Can't "ruin" a dragon that might be destined for fodder no matter what you try and only has value to you is what I'm trying to say, having no idea what the dragons in question actually look like.
I breed all of my G1s. Always have. Having a dragon I don't use somehow bothers me, like it's wasting my lairspace.

I get the value of no offspring lists and all, but that should only matter if you plan on selling your g1s. If you don't sell them again, then it doesn't matter what their "value" is. And if you gene up a G1 you're never getting back the resources you put in. They're already kind of designed to be moneysinks. So the only thing you need to think about is if a G1 dragon is worth the investment in the first place.

And the G1 market is also incredibly oversaturated. Excellent ones get exalted every day because not enough players are around who will pay what they are "worth". So when thinking about their resale value, there's also a small chance you can sell them anyway. Just take a look around the sales and trading forums and its full of people desperately trying to clear out their collections. NoN makes it worse for some time sure but G1s have still never been an easy market.

Can't "ruin" a dragon that might be destined for fodder no matter what you try and only has value to you is what I'm trying to say, having no idea what the dragons in question actually look like.
Personally I breed most of my g1s, just like I breed most of my non-gen1s. It's almost all fodder breeding so I might not be the most relatable example but exalting is how I make my money. I can't see myself ever reselling a g1 that I went to the trouble of geneing; I'd definitely just exalt at that point.

Honestly if you are running a hatchery, it might be a draw to have a g1 pair because then people could guarantee that the hatchie they got from you would be able to be bred with whatever they wanted. It can be hard to get unrelated dragons in some color ranges so bringing some new blood in could be a benefit to the community.
Personally I breed most of my g1s, just like I breed most of my non-gen1s. It's almost all fodder breeding so I might not be the most relatable example but exalting is how I make my money. I can't see myself ever reselling a g1 that I went to the trouble of geneing; I'd definitely just exalt at that point.

Honestly if you are running a hatchery, it might be a draw to have a g1 pair because then people could guarantee that the hatchie they got from you would be able to be bred with whatever they wanted. It can be hard to get unrelated dragons in some color ranges so bringing some new blood in could be a benefit to the community.
250.png
I breed G1s. They're just dragons after all. Unless it's like an 8kG double or something I don't even think twice about it. I think the G1 market is oversaturated with ""valuable"" dragons anyway and taking another dragon out of the ""valuable"" unbred G1 market won't affect anything.
I breed G1s. They're just dragons after all. Unless it's like an 8kG double or something I don't even think twice about it. I think the G1 market is oversaturated with ""valuable"" dragons anyway and taking another dragon out of the ""valuable"" unbred G1 market won't affect anything.
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
In my G1 collection I have one breeding pair (aside from my progens), two veils I got right when veils came out. And honestly... I kind of regret it. Although a few of their kids were very well loved and cared for a lot of them got exalted and it was hard to sell them. It kinda sucks because now I feel like if I want to change up their looks or do anything different with them I can't? I know that's not necessarily true, thats just how I feel because I really really do prefer to have no offspring for my G1s. I also have never had a hatchery and don't have too much interest in it now, it's just not how I play the game.

I think if I were to ever breed G1s again it would be for like a lore reason and the kids would all stay with me so I could completely control them (names, exalt status, breeding.. etc.). There's just not really space for that right now in my lair, so I doubt it will happen any time soon if at all.

That being said- everyone plays the game differently!! This is just how I do it :) if you really love the idea of having a hatchery and are really into breeding then go for it! The dragon's 'value' doesn't matter, it's just whatever value it has to you. I just personally have learned through breeding G1s that I prefer to not breed them lol.
In my G1 collection I have one breeding pair (aside from my progens), two veils I got right when veils came out. And honestly... I kind of regret it. Although a few of their kids were very well loved and cared for a lot of them got exalted and it was hard to sell them. It kinda sucks because now I feel like if I want to change up their looks or do anything different with them I can't? I know that's not necessarily true, thats just how I feel because I really really do prefer to have no offspring for my G1s. I also have never had a hatchery and don't have too much interest in it now, it's just not how I play the game.

I think if I were to ever breed G1s again it would be for like a lore reason and the kids would all stay with me so I could completely control them (names, exalt status, breeding.. etc.). There's just not really space for that right now in my lair, so I doubt it will happen any time soon if at all.

That being said- everyone plays the game differently!! This is just how I do it :) if you really love the idea of having a hatchery and are really into breeding then go for it! The dragon's 'value' doesn't matter, it's just whatever value it has to you. I just personally have learned through breeding G1s that I prefer to not breed them lol.
I breed some of my Gen 1s and even give their hatchlings my default fodder name. However, there are some high value Gen 1s that I have avoided breeding just in case I ever sell them (which I don't plan to, but you never know - rainy day savings).

An example is this one. I know for a fact that she's worth a good amount unbred, and some buyers would shy away if she was bred. She's one of the last dragons that I'd want to let go of right now, but I'm preserving her value in the small chance that I decide to sell her for emergency funds in the future (likely for some epic Dominance battle, if anything).

For G1s in my lair that aren't worth that much, I don't really care, so I breed them for fodder. If you're only considering breeding your G1s because you think you can get a high price for your hatchlings... don't, you'll be disappointed. If you want to breed them for fun and don't mind using pretty babies for fodder? That's fine.
I breed some of my Gen 1s and even give their hatchlings my default fodder name. However, there are some high value Gen 1s that I have avoided breeding just in case I ever sell them (which I don't plan to, but you never know - rainy day savings).

An example is this one. I know for a fact that she's worth a good amount unbred, and some buyers would shy away if she was bred. She's one of the last dragons that I'd want to let go of right now, but I'm preserving her value in the small chance that I decide to sell her for emergency funds in the future (likely for some epic Dominance battle, if anything).

For G1s in my lair that aren't worth that much, I don't really care, so I breed them for fodder. If you're only considering breeding your G1s because you think you can get a high price for your hatchlings... don't, you'll be disappointed. If you want to breed them for fun and don't mind using pretty babies for fodder? That's fine.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
1 2 3 4