Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you think of the coliseum?
1 2 3
neutral. I can't play much because I have a weak wrist, so any progression is slow for me, doesn't matter if I'm starting from scratch (haha pun) or leveling with a trainer. I try to make use of the exp events and rarely coli outside of those.
neutral. I can't play much because I have a weak wrist, so any progression is slow for me, doesn't matter if I'm starting from scratch (haha pun) or leveling with a trainer. I try to make use of the exp events and rarely coli outside of those.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Every once in a while I get really into it again, NotN being the most recent time. I remembered thinking that being low-level fights were easier than when I signed up in Feb '23, but that could simply be the fact that I know about leveling guides now, lol.

For me, the gameplay is a bit too monotonous -- perfect for listening to a video essay, but I've never gone "wow, I want to do coli rn."

I've also heard said that the coli is the engine of our little economy, but since even in my heavy grinding eras I've never been able to figure out how to make much off of it, except for selling lucky drops and leveled dragons, I'm not quite sure how...
Every once in a while I get really into it again, NotN being the most recent time. I remembered thinking that being low-level fights were easier than when I signed up in Feb '23, but that could simply be the fact that I know about leveling guides now, lol.

For me, the gameplay is a bit too monotonous -- perfect for listening to a video essay, but I've never gone "wow, I want to do coli rn."

I've also heard said that the coli is the engine of our little economy, but since even in my heavy grinding eras I've never been able to figure out how to make much off of it, except for selling lucky drops and leveled dragons, I'm not quite sure how...
3dcd0a0f8f30d7e047499bd3dfc49287625e9622.png AaYNmEX.png
JNAfoEf.png
ehCjVGy.png
Al1BEGR.png
rUoKR6y.png
Been here a decade, never leveled up a dragon from level 1.

I eventually bought some level 25s and used them to level up a level 17, but I mostly use dragons to level up fodder dragons for exalting so they can get more treasure from the Plaguebringer.

(Be careful in collecting that, though, because I hear she blows her nose on the exalting treasure you get)

In other words, I'm fine with it, but I don't use it as much as some people do.
Been here a decade, never leveled up a dragon from level 1.

I eventually bought some level 25s and used them to level up a level 17, but I mostly use dragons to level up fodder dragons for exalting so they can get more treasure from the Plaguebringer.

(Be careful in collecting that, though, because I hear she blows her nose on the exalting treasure you get)

In other words, I'm fine with it, but I don't use it as much as some people do.
i used to be a huge exalter and i participated in every single dom push. i have over 10,000 dragons exalted on my account alone, and i've sent tens of thousands more to other flights to exalt. my favorite thing to do is grind new avenues to get every familiar to drop for me naturally. i have spent thousands of hours in the coli, easily.

and in saying that, i think i can easily say that the coliseum needs a revamp. it is not accessible and it is actively physically harmful to hands, fingers, and wrists.

every single event on this site is heavily coli reliant, and therefore extremely repetitive and it is not compelling gameplay whatsoever. channelling every important event into 1 singular site feature got old very fast, but i always feel compelled to grind to avoid fomo, and honestly can't stand the coli anymore. there are games that i feel happy to log in every day and do my little tasks. flightrising has rapidly fallen off of that list and it is large in part due to how samey everything feels here during every single event.

i think a good start would be giving every player 2 hours of autoplay a day, or something along those lines. beyond that, we need more site features that are core to event/site participation and profit-making. after 11 years, coli is just not cutting it.
i used to be a huge exalter and i participated in every single dom push. i have over 10,000 dragons exalted on my account alone, and i've sent tens of thousands more to other flights to exalt. my favorite thing to do is grind new avenues to get every familiar to drop for me naturally. i have spent thousands of hours in the coli, easily.

and in saying that, i think i can easily say that the coliseum needs a revamp. it is not accessible and it is actively physically harmful to hands, fingers, and wrists.

every single event on this site is heavily coli reliant, and therefore extremely repetitive and it is not compelling gameplay whatsoever. channelling every important event into 1 singular site feature got old very fast, but i always feel compelled to grind to avoid fomo, and honestly can't stand the coli anymore. there are games that i feel happy to log in every day and do my little tasks. flightrising has rapidly fallen off of that list and it is large in part due to how samey everything feels here during every single event.

i think a good start would be giving every player 2 hours of autoplay a day, or something along those lines. beyond that, we need more site features that are core to event/site participation and profit-making. after 11 years, coli is just not cutting it.
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
I spend a lot of time on Coli, but that's because it is the thing to do continuously for long periods of time, without daily limits or timegates. Coli is a style of game that is an artifact of 2010s facebook gaming. This kind of game is the first personal project my friend made, who was a comp-eng freshman with an interest in game development, 5 years ago. It would be great to have more options to sink unlimited time into Flight Rising.
I spend a lot of time on Coli, but that's because it is the thing to do continuously for long periods of time, without daily limits or timegates. Coli is a style of game that is an artifact of 2010s facebook gaming. This kind of game is the first personal project my friend made, who was a comp-eng freshman with an interest in game development, 5 years ago. It would be great to have more options to sink unlimited time into Flight Rising.
Extremely beautiful, full of lore, love the unique drops- but it's also a tedious click-fest that I do not enjoy playing.
Extremely beautiful, full of lore, love the unique drops- but it's also a tedious click-fest that I do not enjoy playing.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
Oh I'mma ramble about this! @Hihamburger

I'm used to grindfest type games (like the Disgaea series) so the monotony doesn't really bother me as I tend to entertain myself as I play by zooming off into my head or listening to someone rant about awful books.

That said, I do see the issues with the Coli, despite me living there most of the time. It's two fold really - there's such an issue with Dominant Strategy (you need Eliminate) to progress fast, ignoring most other stats than the usual strength and quickness.

Alongside the fact that the EXP curve isn't great - most games equalize their experience (either you get 1 exp for killing that slime, always or you get 50 exp till you're over a certain level and then you don't get any). The issue happens when the latter overtakes the very time/cost to kill those slimes, so to speak. Why bother going to the Forbidden Portal when a group of enemies take x2 as long as the Mire? It's not time efficient, it's worse for joints because more clicking is needed too.

Honestly if they took the EXP limit (for only allowing equal-levelled enemies to give dragons experience) I imagine most people would love the coli on the basis they could go grind for EXP in any venue rather than the normal four that pop up. Those who do not have money to afford Eliminate can stay at lower venues and over level a bit.

But sadly that even doesn't fix stuff because of the stats and the available attacks/abilities available to us. If dragons do not have eliminate, they are slower, experience is minimal and the experience of actually playing in the coli is one-dimensional clickfests with no real deviation.

Placing the 'elemental spells' as higher damagers (even without the element advantage) could give some leeway in making more diverse teams, since everything is either a glass cannon made only to survive till fodder levels up or a healer - because there's not really much else for spellcasters to do - they take too long to get going, they tend to do less damage overall.

Honestly I'm not surprised - it's a tough thing to make a RPG game where stats are meaningful and dominant strategy isn't immediately min-maxed for everything. I personally wise we got more stats to play around in. Let's make a dodging dragon who hits with high critical, or an actual tank based dragon that aggros the enemies, or a skill that allows breath to be transferred between dragons. Or have our healers have 'holy'-esque type damaging spell (more damage the more the heal that round?) Let's have a portion of stats pass onto another generation so warrior lineages actually mean something.

There's lots of possibilities but sadly it'd be so much work to rebuild it or try and fix it as is. D:

/ramblingover!
Oh I'mma ramble about this! @Hihamburger

I'm used to grindfest type games (like the Disgaea series) so the monotony doesn't really bother me as I tend to entertain myself as I play by zooming off into my head or listening to someone rant about awful books.

That said, I do see the issues with the Coli, despite me living there most of the time. It's two fold really - there's such an issue with Dominant Strategy (you need Eliminate) to progress fast, ignoring most other stats than the usual strength and quickness.

Alongside the fact that the EXP curve isn't great - most games equalize their experience (either you get 1 exp for killing that slime, always or you get 50 exp till you're over a certain level and then you don't get any). The issue happens when the latter overtakes the very time/cost to kill those slimes, so to speak. Why bother going to the Forbidden Portal when a group of enemies take x2 as long as the Mire? It's not time efficient, it's worse for joints because more clicking is needed too.

Honestly if they took the EXP limit (for only allowing equal-levelled enemies to give dragons experience) I imagine most people would love the coli on the basis they could go grind for EXP in any venue rather than the normal four that pop up. Those who do not have money to afford Eliminate can stay at lower venues and over level a bit.

But sadly that even doesn't fix stuff because of the stats and the available attacks/abilities available to us. If dragons do not have eliminate, they are slower, experience is minimal and the experience of actually playing in the coli is one-dimensional clickfests with no real deviation.

Placing the 'elemental spells' as higher damagers (even without the element advantage) could give some leeway in making more diverse teams, since everything is either a glass cannon made only to survive till fodder levels up or a healer - because there's not really much else for spellcasters to do - they take too long to get going, they tend to do less damage overall.

Honestly I'm not surprised - it's a tough thing to make a RPG game where stats are meaningful and dominant strategy isn't immediately min-maxed for everything. I personally wise we got more stats to play around in. Let's make a dodging dragon who hits with high critical, or an actual tank based dragon that aggros the enemies, or a skill that allows breath to be transferred between dragons. Or have our healers have 'holy'-esque type damaging spell (more damage the more the heal that round?) Let's have a portion of stats pass onto another generation so warrior lineages actually mean something.

There's lots of possibilities but sadly it'd be so much work to rebuild it or try and fix it as is. D:

/ramblingover!
My first three level 25's I got up together by myself while following a few guides, and I spend a lot of time in the coliseum trying to make money and get hibden slots unlocked. While I like it I think it could use improvements. One thing that was disappointing was the "controller" option not actually allowing me to use a gamepad to make it easier on my hands.
My first three level 25's I got up together by myself while following a few guides, and I spend a lot of time in the coliseum trying to make money and get hibden slots unlocked. While I like it I think it could use improvements. One thing that was disappointing was the "controller" option not actually allowing me to use a gamepad to make it easier on my hands.
It's a pain to me. I only do it when I need fest currency or when my flight is pushing
It's a pain to me. I only do it when I need fest currency or when my flight is pushing
XI8Ptgx.jpg
I'd enjoy it a lot more if things dodged less
And even MORE if they didn't dodge at all if I have a full team of 25s in a low level map
I know they'll never change that but that mechanic all by itself takes coli from "tedious and monotonous" to "incredibly annoying after maybe 30 minutes of being there" for me

I do remember woodland path feeling like a weirdly steep difficulty jump from training grounds back when I was first starting out though. I ended up overleveling every zone by a couple levels before moving on the whole way up

This post feels too negative so I uh. I do love the art and the familiars lol
I'd enjoy it a lot more if things dodged less
And even MORE if they didn't dodge at all if I have a full team of 25s in a low level map
I know they'll never change that but that mechanic all by itself takes coli from "tedious and monotonous" to "incredibly annoying after maybe 30 minutes of being there" for me

I do remember woodland path feeling like a weirdly steep difficulty jump from training grounds back when I was first starting out though. I ended up overleveling every zone by a couple levels before moving on the whole way up

This post feels too negative so I uh. I do love the art and the familiars lol
WQA384m.png
6OezIjj.png
FObX7rS.png
tumblr_inline_nmt8qz1fBg1tp0s8u_75sq.gif
1 2 3