Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you think of the coliseum?
1 2 3
I'm a player who's been here for a few years, so, I'm probably a little biased. But, I feel like the coliseum is too hard starting with all level 1 dragons now. The level 1-3 venue used to only max at 2 enemies I swear. Now, you can get three hard hitters against you and it just absolutely pummels your dragons. I feel this is way too much of a beat down on dragons that are just starting. I used to be a coli-grinder and a leveler for people. So, I have level 25 dragons I can use to level up others easy. I only noticed the difficulty increased because I decided to hit some of those achievements that didn't grandfather in for the coliseum like starting a 3-dragon team for level 1. I did a couple rounds and was surprised at the increased difficulty due to the fact the RNG hated me and kept putting me against 3 enemies, not even enemies who all took breath as a first move. Just my own observation, but maybe it's been too long since I played. I really only got into it again in the past year and had taken a 4 year break before that lol
I'm a player who's been here for a few years, so, I'm probably a little biased. But, I feel like the coliseum is too hard starting with all level 1 dragons now. The level 1-3 venue used to only max at 2 enemies I swear. Now, you can get three hard hitters against you and it just absolutely pummels your dragons. I feel this is way too much of a beat down on dragons that are just starting. I used to be a coli-grinder and a leveler for people. So, I have level 25 dragons I can use to level up others easy. I only noticed the difficulty increased because I decided to hit some of those achievements that didn't grandfather in for the coliseum like starting a 3-dragon team for level 1. I did a couple rounds and was surprised at the increased difficulty due to the fact the RNG hated me and kept putting me against 3 enemies, not even enemies who all took breath as a first move. Just my own observation, but maybe it's been too long since I played. I really only got into it again in the past year and had taken a 4 year break before that lol
tumblr_ntz8d7CUWK1ueyht5o1_100.png
I leveled up my first level 25 dragons myself, following this guide and using the no Eliminate build, and I will say the hardest venue for me was the Scorched Forest. That was brutal and definitely not balanced properly. Otherwise, leveling for me was pretty smooth.
I leveled up my first level 25 dragons myself, following this guide and using the no Eliminate build, and I will say the hardest venue for me was the Scorched Forest. That was brutal and definitely not balanced properly. Otherwise, leveling for me was pretty smooth.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
I think it really depends on what build you're using. I tried making a team with one of each type: caster, melee, and tank; and I can make it maybe 2-3 battles before they wipe. I've drifted away from using the coliseum much in general over time, mostly because leveling up dragons just feels agonizingly slow to me.
I think it really depends on what build you're using. I tried making a team with one of each type: caster, melee, and tank; and I can make it maybe 2-3 battles before they wipe. I've drifted away from using the coliseum much in general over time, mostly because leveling up dragons just feels agonizingly slow to me.
6wR17En.png
I guess I just got used to 2 enemies max for the first venue and now that you may end up against three is just such a shell shock to me. I guess I'll stick to my level 25s for leveling up fodder then. Just wanted to hear what others thought of the "new" enemies and styles for venues, since I honestly don't know when this change happened LOL
I guess I just got used to 2 enemies max for the first venue and now that you may end up against three is just such a shell shock to me. I guess I'll stick to my level 25s for leveling up fodder then. Just wanted to hear what others thought of the "new" enemies and styles for venues, since I honestly don't know when this change happened LOL
tumblr_ntz8d7CUWK1ueyht5o1_100.png
coli has been balanced around eliminates existing for a long time though scorched forest has absolutely no excuse for how difficult it is. balancing things around higher level players or players with more resources will always make it far more difficult for the average or casual player because an eliminate is still expensive for a lot of users (despite it still being cheaper than aome treasure genes or breed changes) though i think users do overexagerate this aspect since there are free rental dragons that can be used to train your own in flight forums and buying a pre statted and stoned dragon is cheaper than buying the stones yourself. the options are there but its still an annoying difficulty curve for no good reason.
coli has been balanced around eliminates existing for a long time though scorched forest has absolutely no excuse for how difficult it is. balancing things around higher level players or players with more resources will always make it far more difficult for the average or casual player because an eliminate is still expensive for a lot of users (despite it still being cheaper than aome treasure genes or breed changes) though i think users do overexagerate this aspect since there are free rental dragons that can be used to train your own in flight forums and buying a pre statted and stoned dragon is cheaper than buying the stones yourself. the options are there but its still an annoying difficulty curve for no good reason.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
It is crazy hard... but since they recently split the sandswept delta so it's only 1 level and added one for the other maybe they're gonna do the same for 1-3? Put it so that progression is easier? I hope?
It is crazy hard... but since they recently split the sandswept delta so it's only 1 level and added one for the other maybe they're gonna do the same for 1-3? Put it so that progression is easier? I hope?
I really enjoy coli. I agree that starting out is a bit difficult, but some flights have lvl 25 lending services in their private forums! But once you get started, it’s really profitable.
I really enjoy coli. I agree that starting out is a bit difficult, but some flights have lvl 25 lending services in their private forums! But once you get started, it’s really profitable.
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
ice dom team & hh curator
I adore the coliseum and I've actually really liked training up new teams in the past. I'm looking forward to training more, once I eventually get my lair and lore organized. I will say that the three-packs aren't exactly new. They all contain enemies that were introduced during the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2178230]Training Fields expansion[/url] in 2017. They've been around for a long, long time. [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
I adore the coliseum and I've actually really liked training up new teams in the past. I'm looking forward to training more, once I eventually get my lair and lore organized.

I will say that the three-packs aren't exactly new. They all contain enemies that were introduced during the Training Fields expansion in 2017. They've been around for a long, long time.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
I just leveled three dragons up from one recently again! And I had so much fun actually. It's not exactly the most time-effective way to level a dragon, but I didn't feel like any of the locations were particularly more or less difficult than the usual complaints? Such as about Scorched Forest. I did have to swap everyone to scratch even though I was planning on one of them to be a mage. So in the end he just won't have his native meditate. So. I doubt that's the issue you're having, but figured it was worth mentioning.

I don't understand the argument of eliminate figuring into the balance of Training Fields, though. My level 25 for Forbidden Portal one-shots everything with scratch in the first two venues.
I just leveled three dragons up from one recently again! And I had so much fun actually. It's not exactly the most time-effective way to level a dragon, but I didn't feel like any of the locations were particularly more or less difficult than the usual complaints? Such as about Scorched Forest. I did have to swap everyone to scratch even though I was planning on one of them to be a mage. So in the end he just won't have his native meditate. So. I doubt that's the issue you're having, but figured it was worth mentioning.

I don't understand the argument of eliminate figuring into the balance of Training Fields, though. My level 25 for Forbidden Portal one-shots everything with scratch in the first two venues.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
The Coliseum is where I spend 90% of my Flight Rising time, given that it's one of the few things you can do infinitely without any kind of cap that hinders your progression after a certain point (and if the Coli had a limit like gathering and the fairgrounds do, then I would not be playing Flight Rising). I have more than enough food to feed my dragons, plus plenty extra to sell. I make decent money off selling rare drops like eggs. I love the Coliseum.

Getting to Lvl. 25 is a grind to do on your own, but if you have a guide then at least you're not going in blind.
The Coliseum is where I spend 90% of my Flight Rising time, given that it's one of the few things you can do infinitely without any kind of cap that hinders your progression after a certain point (and if the Coli had a limit like gathering and the fairgrounds do, then I would not be playing Flight Rising). I have more than enough food to feed my dragons, plus plenty extra to sell. I make decent money off selling rare drops like eggs. I love the Coliseum.

Getting to Lvl. 25 is a grind to do on your own, but if you have a guide then at least you're not going in blind.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png