Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The User Below Me Gets (UMS/A version)
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 195 196
@WithoutBounds I'll take the spiral one, please!

TUBMG:
:)
@WithoutBounds I'll take the spiral one, please!

TUBMG:
:)
i6v47.gif ART SHOP! | Fandragons! | Wishlistjmmdg.gif1MhDR.gifV8rfN.gifMroYj.gifexWWM.gif
@HappyLittleSnek Claim, please! [emoji=sandsurge laughing size=1] TUBMG: [skin=44554]
@HappyLittleSnek Claim, please!

TUBMG:
B1x34o1.png
@sssad claim!

TUBMG:

@sssad claim!

TUBMG:

Looking to buy or trade for these skins:

Accent: Virkiss M
@SecretSelkie Claim! TUBMG [item=Accent: Rose Guardian v3]
@SecretSelkie
Claim!

TUBMG
Accent: Rose Guardian v3
….……..1Bxczna.png …..
o b c o r d a t a
he/him | writer | fr+2
…..2GdahBg.png
[quote name="Mida" date="2024-01-03 07:50:40" ] Now that the thread has been moved to the Forum Games section (which I do agree it belongs to) and the thread can no longer be bumped, I'd like to bring attention to the idea proposed by @/freefall5 and @/Uniformshark below. [quote name="freefall5" date="2023-12-21 11:37:58" ] But may I suggest that if a skin is not claimed within a certain period of time, maybe 24 hours? The claimer either posts another option or gives up the claim to another person I can see how this might be too complicated or maybe even harsh towards people who don't own many skins, but I believe it is a solution to the current problem of thread killers [/quote] [quote name="Uniformshark" date="2023-12-22 02:08:03" ] So again to assure the thread will go on without any need of interference, while fixing many problems we faced so far again my suggestion: -new important rule: a skin must be claimed within 24 hours. If that doesn’t happen the person claiming will lose their spot and someone else can claim the previous one. In this scenario the person claiming is personally responsible for the thread to go on and assure a fun experience for everyone. It will: -Encourage people to post 2-4 options (to post and/or is both valid) if you have them available - no one wants your options? Edit your offered skins after a couple of hours its all valid within the 24 hrs [s]and you also may make a bump in this case (that way other bumps also will not be necessary that much)[/s] [i][Edit by Mida: Contentless bumping is no longer allowed, but you could still make a new post stating that you added a skin to your offer][/i] -threadkillers will stop appearing or be paired with other things and not hinder the game THIS means that the person who got their skin claimed will NOT immediately send theirs to the next but has to wait until the next person's skin is claimed too This will also fix the accidental/malicious site skin posting problem. [/quote] While this would make things more complex with having to wait for two claims before you send your UMA, it fixes the stalling issue without the need for any list of what makes a skin 'niche'. The only problem I can think of is if for some reason a train of claims unraveling happens, since with this system that is possible. Say person 5 down the line doesn't get their offer claimed and doesn't edit it either, so their claim is now canceled. That makes person 4's offer unclaimed again, and if that doesn't get claimed by another person it cancels their claim on offer 3, and this thing keeps going backwards until someone gets claimed by a new person. And if the skins have already been sent it becomes a problem. It's just hard to say how commonplace this kind of a scenario would be. Maybe only the most recent offer could be 'canceled' if it doesn't get claimed, and the one before it just has to be claimed before the thread can move again. The hope would be that if it already got claimed once, there would be someone else interested in it too. Would love more thoughts on the matter, do you think this would work? Any improvements that could be made to it? Some other rule change that would fix reoccurring problems? [/quote] @Mida Hi there :) I kind of lost track with this thread since it just kept going the way it did before, didn't feel the vibes with that anymore but wanted to check and see how things are going at the moment. I saw the cancellation chain problem you mentioned but this is very specific and right now people DO step up randomly ALL THE TIME to claim just to keep it going. so when 24 hrs are over the claim isn't automatically 'cancelled' its just OPEN again so people can step in and claim the previous one. The Chain always ends at the last claim never climbing back up. Right now people even ADD thigns of their own to previous unclaimed stuff so I don't think this will be a problem. I also want to point this out as most important ADD MORE THAN ONE OPTION have 3-4 options? YOU bet one of those will be taken, easy. (if this gets implemented people would need to ping both: The person they claim from and the person prior so they can send theirs being greenlit now) I get it, not everyone has a hoard full of UMAS but to be fair this forum game already caters to UMA collcetors, if you have one single UMA you want to get rid of, that is a belly recolor, this game here might not be for you.
Mida wrote on 2024-01-03 07:50:40:
Now that the thread has been moved to the Forum Games section (which I do agree it belongs to) and the thread can no longer be bumped, I'd like to bring attention to the idea proposed by @/freefall5 and @/Uniformshark below.

freefall5 wrote on 2023-12-21 11:37:58:
But may I suggest that if a skin is not claimed within a certain period of time, maybe 24 hours? The claimer either posts another option or gives up the claim to another person

I can see how this might be too complicated or maybe even harsh towards people who don't own many skins, but I believe it is a solution to the current problem of thread killers
Uniformshark wrote on 2023-12-22 02:08:03:
So again to assure the thread will go on without any need of interference, while fixing many problems we faced so far again my suggestion:

-new important rule:
a skin must be claimed within 24 hours. If that doesn’t happen the person claiming will lose their spot and someone else can claim the previous one.
In this scenario the person claiming is personally responsible for the thread to go on and assure a fun experience for everyone.
It will:
-Encourage people to post 2-4 options (to post and/or is both valid) if you have them available
- no one wants your options? Edit your offered skins after a couple of hours its all valid within the 24 hrs and you also may make a bump in this case (that way other bumps also will not be necessary that much)
[Edit by Mida: Contentless bumping is no longer allowed, but you could still make a new post stating that you added a skin to your offer]
-threadkillers will stop appearing or be paired with other things and not hinder the game

THIS means that the person who got their skin claimed will NOT immediately send theirs to the next but has to wait until the next person's skin is claimed too
This will also fix the accidental/malicious site skin posting problem.

While this would make things more complex with having to wait for two claims before you send your UMA, it fixes the stalling issue without the need for any list of what makes a skin 'niche'. The only problem I can think of is if for some reason a train of claims unraveling happens, since with this system that is possible.

Say person 5 down the line doesn't get their offer claimed and doesn't edit it either, so their claim is now canceled. That makes person 4's offer unclaimed again, and if that doesn't get claimed by another person it cancels their claim on offer 3, and this thing keeps going backwards until someone gets claimed by a new person. And if the skins have already been sent it becomes a problem.

It's just hard to say how commonplace this kind of a scenario would be. Maybe only the most recent offer could be 'canceled' if it doesn't get claimed, and the one before it just has to be claimed before the thread can move again. The hope would be that if it already got claimed once, there would be someone else interested in it too.

Would love more thoughts on the matter, do you think this would work? Any improvements that could be made to it? Some other rule change that would fix reoccurring problems?
@Mida
Hi there :) I kind of lost track with this thread since it just kept going the way it did before, didn't feel the vibes with that anymore but wanted to check and see how things are going at the moment.

I saw the cancellation chain problem you mentioned but this is very specific and right now people DO step up randomly ALL THE TIME to claim just to keep it going. so when 24 hrs are over the claim isn't automatically 'cancelled' its just OPEN again so people can step in and claim the previous one. The Chain always ends at the last claim never climbing back up. Right now people even ADD thigns of their own to previous unclaimed stuff so I don't think this will be a problem.
I also want to point this out as most important ADD MORE THAN ONE OPTION have 3-4 options? YOU bet one of those will be taken, easy.

(if this gets implemented people would need to ping both: The person they claim from and the person prior so they can send theirs being greenlit now)

I get it, not everyone has a hoard full of UMAS but to be fair this forum game already caters to UMA collcetors, if you have one single UMA you want to get rid of, that is a belly recolor, this game here might not be for you.
@obcordata claim please Tubmg [item=Accent: Viridescent Surplus] or[item=Accent: Modern Hunter]
@obcordata claim please

Tubmg

Accent: Viridescent Surplus or Accent: Modern Hunter
Snailbert has my Wishlist he is a good SnailH0bF1BC.png
@Atticalonia claim the wildclaw one! TUBMG: [item= Accent: Cotton Candy Cloudz]
@Atticalonia claim the wildclaw one!

TUBMG: Accent: Cotton Candy Cloudz
ZEsjj4r.png BdHSY2z.pngkZlSGnL.png nbkIrJe.gif
@Milim, C!

TUBMG
Accent: Melodies of Life
@Milim, C!

TUBMG
Accent: Melodies of Life
___________________________________________________________Untitled93-20231209043650.png
Adding to the offer above!
Adding to the offer above!
WFcrzqG.png
@Erubethil @frostbite1380 claim! ^_^
(THANK U!!! my reading comprehension is doodoo

TUBMG
@Erubethil @frostbite1380 claim! ^_^
(THANK U!!! my reading comprehension is doodoo

TUBMG
mO8OIR9.png
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 195 196